• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Flavorless Mafia III: Game Over. Who Won?

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Votecount 1.1

1. Maven: Pokechu
2. UtopianPoyzin: Giraffelasergun
3. Raxxel
4. Z25
5. Giraffelasergun: Raxxel
6. Pythag
7. Pokechu
8. Kary: ZestofLife, Maven
9. ZestofLife: Kary

Not Voting
UtopianPoyzin, Z25, Pythag;

Important Game Links
Game Links and Vote Counts

Notes:
N/A

*= Currently being replaced
^= V/LA

With 9 players, it takes 5 votes to lynch
The deadline for Day 1 is March 11, at 11:59 PM EST.

Last edited:

Raxxel

Hipster Heavyweight Champ
NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
My man made an entire meme for one post in this game.

Auto-cleared, rest of you are scum idc.
This is hard to answer. I'm really much more of a gut player, and was blown away by the strategy that everyone in the previous game utilized.

Even at the very end, I was still unsure if you were mafia or not, and kary mentioned last game that since you have so few games, your meta is super likely to change. that keeps bouncing around in my head.

How much will I rely on that this game? idk?
Definitely contrasts your approach towards me last game, though it makes sense. Your read on me was very much based on that meta, having it be contradicted like that must be rather jarring. Though at the same time, your gut-read approach also lost you a game against me, so it's odd that you're still running with that regardless.
I'm going to assume you're asking me about my meta read on you. (If I am using self-meta then surely I am trying to give meta about myself)

The answer is I don't know, because I've played one game with you and that isn't enough to base a meta read on. Maybe you do act noticeably different or have certain tells as either alignment, but I will have to wait and see.

More to the point, why do you care? Are you already worried about what people think of you?
I'm asking because I want to know going in what your strategy in forming reads is going to be. Challenging people's scumhunting mindset seems like a good way to get content out of them after all, at least in early game.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
FoS Pokechu for saying I'm independent and don't need nobody but then voting to defend me.

If one of you would explain the context of this for little old me I'd appreciate it. Looks a little bit like Maven is claiming mafia roleblocker right now.
It’s a joke/meme maven has going. Forgot what game it was but I was in it. I don’t remember the fully story just that he claimed that In a game and funny shenanigans occurred. It was a long time back now though, but’s it’s been a meme with more Veteran players here

Pythag

BRoomer
BRoomer
Definitely contrasts your approach towards me last game, though it makes sense. Your read on me was very much based on that meta, having it be contradicted like that must be rather jarring. Though at the same time, your gut-read approach also lost you a game against me, so it's odd that you're still running with that regardless.
I mean, I guess I worded that wrong.
in thinking about it now, gut!=meta, but I didn't think I was saying anything contradictory.

I think I base my gut off of the meta. What sounds right, or sounds wrong. my gut was on you for your wagoning last game, but the meta i read actually cleared you.

I went meta on you because xivii had seen you as clear early on, with xivii also clearing me, that kinda threw me.
I'm not saying I'm trying to lean on it, as you're right it's lost me a game, and won me one. Ideally I'm trying to improve the more I play.

It’s a joke/meme maven has going. Forgot what game it was but I was in it. I don’t remember the fully story just that he claimed that In a game and funny shenanigans occurred. It was a long time back now though, but’s it’s been a meme with more Veteran players here
Oh, I didn't even know that. I just thought it was funny.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Z25 Z25 and UtopianPoyzin UtopianPoyzin This question applies to you two as well.
I don’t think there’s much self meta I would use here. I played with you as a scum mate which is a bit of a different context. I usually don’t try to use past games or self metas to define a player. Quite a few vets here can drastically alter play styles in each game so any previous games could be hit or miss. I play more from the current game and try to see things at multiple angles then make a call. I focus on my ability rather then using past things to define my slot as I don’t find it to make a difference. Plenty of past games I was lynched day one for mostly bad reasons and my behavior was always the same and my alignment. So I stopped caring for self meta as a concept. It can work but not something I think is good for me to use, especially when gauging others

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I mean, I guess I worded that wrong.
in thinking about it now, gut!=meta, but I didn't think I was saying anything contradictory.

I think I base my gut off of the meta. What sounds right, or sounds wrong. my gut was on you for your wagoning last game, but the meta i read actually cleared you.

I went meta on you because xivii had seen you as clear early on, with xivii also clearing me, that kinda threw me.
I'm not saying I'm trying to lean on it, as you're right it's lost me a game, and won me one. Ideally I'm trying to improve the more I play.

Oh, I didn't even know that. I just thought it was funny.
As I said I don’t remember the full context but I know maven likes to use that line as a joke a bit

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
You disappeared for months! You tell me if we're still husbands.

I think of the players in the game, I've never played with ZestofLife(also hello ZestofLife, nice to meet you!) so I don't think I have a good read on them. There are a lot of people in this game I'm inclined to town read just off of general vibes. But in general I think I have the hardest time reading Up and Pythag. I feel like I have an easy time reading you, and will probably decide what your alignment is before End of Day 1 and stick with it for the rest of the game.
Really?? Was it months??? It didn't feel like it. I feel like I popped in every now and then in the social thread LOL

Classes just get harder and harder. It doesn't make sense!!! I'm willing to be a stay-at-home-hubby now. But it definitely has been a while since I've been in the ring, and a while since we've actually talked! I'd love to still be your husband :'^) We shall ALWAYS be soulmates

Now flirt with me and sweep me off my feet!~

To answer my own question Embarrass I always find Z25 to be difficult to read. Not sure why! I've been seeing him play since the start of the NZone group but he can be unpredictable. His plays are always impressive! But I can never quite find out what he's thinking at a given time. But if you read this Z, it's very nice to see you again after so long!

how old are you?
How uncouth! You never ask a gentleman his age. Back in my day, we would have been STONED for that.

Ask me again and I'll get my gang on you. I'm a Crip so if you're a Blood there will be trouble

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
Of the games we played together and both played the full game I’m 3 for 3, being Nabe’s Upick, Ryus Fire and ice, and My Mafia Academia.
What?

In Fire and Lightning Pokechu was confirmed town to you Day 1 so how does that count?
In Nabe's Upick Pokechu was scum and I don't recall you calling him as such.
Although I am prepared to give you My Mafia Academia.

I don't think it's a great track record my dude.

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
why is it a good idea? I'm not disagreeing. But I want to know why.
It's fun.

HAH! LOL :joyful:

I wish I had a better reason!!!! Well, I do, I usually can't read him well either but to just put out a vote, yeah definitely him. If I got a wagon going seeing his reaction would be hilarious (and also a bit helpful! It's helped me in a game or two before).

+ that it's fun

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
I'm asking because I want to know going in what your strategy in forming reads is going to be. Challenging people's scumhunting mindset seems like a good way to get content out of them after all, at least in early game.
See, again, this seems more like you're worried about how other people read you. Because you didn't ask in general, you asked about yourself.

I could understand the concern if you got mislynched last game, but that's not the case.

My strategy is to make people post and then read their posts. I can't explain it better than that without writing a book.

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
I think I base my gut off of the meta.
You like to use meta??? We'll get along perfectly!!! I wonder if GLG is polyamorous, I could have you as another husband!! Actually, no. I like GLG

How do you feel about Kary questioning Maven re: his jailer jest? Since they said either Maven's really town jailer OR they're fakeclaiming scum. No in-between! No possibility of satire. What's your take? How do you interpret jokes (I'm assuming) like the one Maven made? And those who take them seriously? Do you think that's justified?

I'm a huge class clown so it raises my unibrow a bit, in the fact that something I did off the cuff can be taken heavily by others. I feel like people can mislead themselves with that kind of mindset. But let me get your $0.02

Raxxel

NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
See, again, this seems more like you're worried about how other people read you. Because you didn't ask in general, you asked about yourself.

I could understand the concern if you got mislynched last game, but that's not the case.

My strategy is to make people post and then read their posts. I can't explain it better than that without writing a book.
I'm asking in regards to myself because general questions get general answers, as in, if I asked just in general about the use of player meta, anybody, especially a more experienced player like you, who may have very well been faced with such a question before, can cop out an answer easily. I'd much rather be particular and force the person I'm questioning to actually think about how they want to answer my question since it's more situational.

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
I wish I had a better reason!!!! Well, I do, I usually can't read him well either but to just put out a vote, yeah definitely him. If I got a wagon going seeing his reaction would be hilarious (and also a bit helpful! It's helped me in a game or two before).
Who in this playerlist have you NOT played with before?

Pythag

BRoomer
BRoomer
You like to use meta??? We'll get along perfectly!!! I wonder if GLG is polyamorous, I could have you as another husband!! Actually, no. I like GLG
what

How do you feel about Kary questioning Maven re: his jailer jest? Since they said either Maven's really town jailer OR they're fakeclaiming scum. No in-between! No possibility of satire. What's your take? How do you interpret jokes (I'm assuming) like the one Maven made? And those who take them seriously? Do you think that's justified?

I'm a huge class clown so it raises my unibrow a bit, in the fact that something I did off the cuff can be taken heavily by others. I feel like people can mislead themselves with that kind of mindset. But let me get your $0.02
This is a lot.

I have no idea about maven. I kinda view him as just ****posting his way to victory, one way or the other. So i think is almost everything he's done so far is NAI, but it's also early D1.

How do I interpret jokes? idk, into sign language. It totally depends on the where and when I think. Early D1? I don't really care.
as flips and things play out? I'll probably look at them all a little more seriously. I don't exactly have this all codified, I discern it as it comes.

Personally I think it's kinda weird to jump on what seemed tome to be joke so early, but that's my play.
I view early game as a pig in a poke.

Maven89

Smash Master
I was in a game and got Jailer. I realized I wasn’t going to be active enough to do the role justice, so I asked for a replacement. In comes Shiny, whose first post was “hi I’m Wallace the jailer”

since then I have kept the memory alive

Raxxel

NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
I was in a game and got Jailer. I realized I wasn’t going to be active enough to do the role justice, so I asked for a replacement. In comes Shiny, whose first post was “hi I’m Wallace the jailer”

Y'know we had a lil fella named Mamboo not too long ago who announced his seer status frame 1. Makes me curious as to what a seer Kary would be like since they are not the type to have a lot of shared reads with others in early game, at least from what I've seen of them.

Maven89

Smash Master
My vote on Kary is because I had real trouble believing she thought I was legitimately claiming a role in my confirmation post. Her follow up explained it enough that the vote isn’t warranted. Unvote

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire

I appreciate the explanation. It's a pretty good meme.
But I did some reading.
Last time you claimed jailer, in phantom mafia, you actually were a town roleblocker / bodyguard, correct?
so in that game it was just a coincidence that your claim was similar to your actual role?

Maven89

Smash Master
I appreciate the explanation. It's a pretty good meme.
But I did some reading.
Last time you claimed jailer, in phantom mafia, you actually were a town roleblocker / bodyguard, correct?
so in that game it was just a coincidence that your claim was similar to your actual role?
I 100% forgot about that game until you brought it up. I don’t remember if I was setting up a claim or if I just thought it was funnier because I was the RB

UtopianPoyzin

Smash Master
Writing Team
Not sure, I’ll get back to you when I find out.
Switch FC
SW 1975-0838-2970
Days are 72 hours long in this game.

Also hi Shiny, anything you want to share yourself? Have you read the day to see how things have been going?
Oh, I am Wallace the Jailer.
Doop sent you a message with your role, which should have been bolded in a random color. Would you mind telling me what color Doop made your role?
The colour blue and I'm a seer.
Dang I wish I started playing earlier

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
Not exactly the same. I find this opening to be NAI personally, but I can't fault you if you think I'm scum because of it ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
You're probably daft enough to genuinely think it is NAI,
to the point that you would repeat what you said as scum when you're town to try and prove that it was NAI all along,
which would mean you're town this game.

Is that too much of a reach or am I just too good at this game?

Pythag

BRoomer
BRoomer
I think just Raxxel, Pythag, and ZestofLife. Is there anything noteworthy about any of those three that you know?
We played together? I legit don't recall that.

Not exactly the same. I find this opening to be NAI personally, but I can't fault you if you think I'm scum because of it ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
I don't think you get to call your own actions NAI, I feel like that's on the town to decide

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Please, the Law of Averages states that I can't be anti-town 7 rolls in a row. That's why I have already self voted and repeated the post that Kary hated the most last game, to prove how scummy I am.

But maybe it was all an illusion?
By that logic I shouldn’t have been town every game until that last one lol. Math is a crazy subject

UtopianPoyzin

Smash Master
Writing Team
Not sure, I’ll get back to you when I find out.
Switch FC
SW 1975-0838-2970
By that logic I shouldn’t have been town every game until that last one lol. Math is a crazy subject
7 anti-town rolls in a row is more impressive, in my opinion. But what if it's true?

Alright, moving on. How do you feel about Raxxel thus far, given that you just got out of a game with him?

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
7 anti-town rolls in a row is more impressive, in my opinion. But what if it's true?

Alright, moving on. How do you feel about Raxxel thus far, given that you just got out of a game with him?
That is true especially when there’s less odds for that to happen.

Anyway they seem fine so far, I’ve seen them as scum town and a scum mate so I think I have a good idea on how they play depending on their win con. Right now they don’t show any bad signs imo

giraffelasergun

Smash Lord
Please, the Law of Averages states that I can't be anti-town 7 rolls in a row. That's why I have already self voted and repeated the post that Kary hated the most last game, to prove how scummy I am.

But maybe it was all an illusion?
This might be a bit nit picky, but the chance of you being scum this game is independent of the fact that you've been scum for the past six games. The probability of you being scum is still the same as everyone else this game.

Is there a particular reason that you made this vote?

Top Bottom