• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Flavorless Mafia: Game Over. Who won?

#HBC | ѕoup

The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.
no, more upset that i put genuine effort into bettering myself for oh, i dont know, how long have i been here? 4 years now? and i still have someone telling me im ****. it's a bit of a thing where i don't know where to improve anymore and i dont want to be a presence in games if people think that of me, because im sure they'd rather have someone else. that's all, and a couple of my opinions as to how i feel SWFmafia games go down.

#HBC | Joker

Space Marine
NNID
HBCJoker
3DS FC
1864-9780-3232
Who told you that you were ****? I feel like you're taking comments about how the town played, as a whole, a little too much to heart. For one thing, they're wrong. Most of the town did pretty well, this game, yourself included. It may not have been super stand out performance extreme, but you didn't exactly botch anything. There certainly wasn't anyone who addressed you, specifically, as being garbage.

Last edited:

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
no, more upset that i put genuine effort into bettering myself for oh, i dont know, how long have i been here? 4 years now? and i still have someone telling me im ****. it's a bit of a thing where i don't know where to improve anymore and i dont want to be a presence in games if people think that of me, because im sure they'd rather have someone else. that's all, and a couple of my opinions as to how i feel SWFmafia games go down.
You have gotten better. I think if you keep playing you'll keep getting better if you already know what the issue is. I like having you here. For example, I feel you are one of the players that are good to have in a town to actually WIN town, if you are calm. A calm soup is better than a hot soup. :chuckle: Some may dislike my playstyle or my level but I still play because I'm having fun. (Example, my attacks towards you sometimes, sorry soup love u tho) Regardless you'll still play even if others think you aren't that good or not.

it's like how your mom already knows you... and you have made a mistake. (like lets say doing weed and coke at the same time, she caught you) she'll never forget that, and she'll always think of you as the son who did weed and coke no matter how much you improve yourself. That's basically how my mom is lol. Everytime I have allergie's it's like "you doin drugs" I'm like no >_> but it's w/e.

Last edited:

#HBC | ѕoup

gorf projected me as saying that he didnt want to protect because he didnt want to keep me alive for another phase, essentially going beyond the fact i was clear for his own personal opinions on how he views me.

#HBC | Joker

Space Marine
NNID
HBCJoker
3DS FC
1864-9780-3232
gorf projected me as saying that he didnt want to protect because he didnt want to keep me alive for another phase, essentially going beyond the fact i was clear for his own personal opinions on how he views me.
He did the same thing to me man, it's not really a big deal. Don't take it so personally. He wasn't apprehensive about keeping you, specifically, around for another phase. He just preferred to keep himself alive.

#HBC | ѕoup

i take it personally because i care a lot in the sense i don't want to be constantly dealing with a wall of hate coming my way yknow i know i get angry sometimes and i try not to but yeah

i like most if not all you here and it upsets me when i can't meet the standards of my peers

#HBC | Joker

Space Marine
NNID
HBCJoker
3DS FC
1864-9780-3232
i take it personally because i care a lot in the sense i don't want to be constantly dealing with a wall of hate coming my way yknow i know i get angry sometimes and i try not to but yeah

i like most if not all you here and it upsets me when i can't meet the standards of my peers
What wall of hate? There's no wall of hate! Lack of praise =/= hate.

It's like I always say, the absence of evidence is not the evidence of absence.

Last edited:

#HBC | ѕoup

well i am tired but still i've had to deal with it before idk i should probably sleep sorry

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Oh yeah and shoutout to Ran for bein a great host and also bein a homie and not blowin my **** up when I got ninja'd by the night phase announement
No prob I understand that **** happens sometimes it's happened to me. I'm not gonna rag on ya for something like that. And anytime, glad you liked my hosting. :D

#HBC | FrozeηFlame

BRoomer
BRoomer
Oh yo @ ranmaru ranmaru I did have one small gripe:

Still Alive:
1. frozenmarsh751 (frozenflame751/marshy)
2. July
3. Gorf
4. Kary
5. ヽ(*・ω・)ノ♪ (-Masquerain-/soup)
6. Rid****ulous (PJB/Orbo)
7. Nicholas1024
8. Gheb_01
9. J
10. BadWolf28738
11. Gargaglione
12. Nabe jakestan
13. Red Ruy

Dead:
None yet.
You never updated the OP with who died, when and how! You did a really awesome job linking to all the day starts/ends and vote counts but honestly having an updated alive/dead list is more important to have as a quick reference for players. Thats basically my only complaint though lol

Last edited:

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
hey can u include a link in the op or the 2nd p to the roles/alignment post :3? every host should start doing this btw so it's easier to id for someone going through the archives.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
2nd post updated with a link to roles/alignments (post #4)

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Plot twist: I didn't. I never used post #4 until now. :p

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Difficult game for me to play. As soon as soup started to drop off my scumdar I started to realize that town was pretty much entirely on the right track @lynching Garg and J. I just couldn't see anything to contribute from my side and let things happen the way I was OK with it. Dunno what I could do when that happens again but I'll have to find out something because it nearly backfired in the end.
The setup may have not been balanced perfectly but it's still a very good one with no real downside to it, except maybe underrating the power of the mason role. Though a vanilla cop would have been almost entirely pointless to have for the mafia so it's w/e. I have no complaints about the setup and Ran was a really good and thorough host. More people should run their games with as much care as he does!

Outstanding play by July and frozen. The former had the entire scumteam nailed on Day 1, more or less and the latter was the main reason town won this game. Would've been pretty sad to see such good play getting undermined by making the wrong call in lylo. Let's be glad it didn't get that far. I'm sure marshy didn't do poorly either despite all the frustrations this game had in petto for him but I kind of had no interactions with him, my read on the fromarsh slot was based almost entirely on frozen, who was just blatant.

Town didn't rip itself apart in mid-game, no matter what people say. In fact, this game is a good example of what town SHOULD be doing with questionable slots: lynch them and don't look back. Don't give them a free pass just because of the chance that they might be town. YOU DO NOT WANT TO HAVE THESE SLOTS IN LYLO UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCE. Town won in lylo BECAUSE we've ****ed all them question-mark slots out of here without false hesitation. We have lynched slots that were questionable by way of inactivity and replacements and that was the right thing to do. The players - Fanny, dabuz and Nabe - aren't to blame for it but their slots needed to go and that was a huge part why we won. A 3-player lylo with Nabe, Fanny and Kary would have been WAY worse than fromarsh / Kary / me.

Shrug it off bro. I've been playing dGames mafia since 2009, have played more games than anybody else on this site and the amount of scumbags I murdered as town / townies I've played as scum is beyond counting by now. And yet here I am five years later and I still have dumbass ****ing ******** newbies saying **** about me like me playing "anti-town by default" when these dumb****s don't know what "playing pro-town" even means.
Though I'm not saying you played bad, I feel like my scumread on you in the beginning of the game was justified. Th fact that you quickly switched back to "normal" after I put the heat on you kind of confirms that for me because you definitely switched to a more genuine way of speaking afterwards. But that's a different story, just don't give too much of a **** about what people say about you. They don't even know so what they say about you shouldn't affect you at all.

:059:

Wots All This Then?

Smash Lord
Oh yeah and shoutout to Ran for bein a great host and also bein a homie and not blowin my **** up when I got ninja'd by the night phase announement

and of course, shoutouts to me for dis **** right here:

look at me callin the scum and actual scummiest town day ****in one bayyyybeeeee ;)
Still hilarious you thought jooer was me at that point. Iirc I hadnt even posted once lol

#HBC | Gorf

toastin walrus since 4/20 maaaan
why do you think so low of me as a player despite having a good general consensus and fairly accurate reads for the time i was alive? honest question. what makes a good player to you? the image? something else? i cannot tell.
Having good reads means little if you can't do anything with them, and I'm under the impression that you generally tend to have a difficult time being productive socially in thread. I don't think THAT low of you, but you need to get some hair on your chest and overall be more... well spoken, for lack of a better word. Either way, my role entailed me dying in place of somebody, and I wasn't going to do that with a player that I felt would be worse to keep around than myself. Take that as you may, it's not necessarily an insult.

And let's be honest. By the time the end of D2 and D1 rolled around literally ****ing everybody had agreed on J+Garg being scum respectively, so telling by accuracy of reads would only be taken so far. I honestly thought you speaking for July from the grave had almost nothing to do with J's death and that he'd have perished either way cuz of his connection to Garg.

soup said:
genuinely depressing when someone has gotta seriously trash you when you felt you did well, kinda makes the hard work you take into giving a **** into nothing. i make mistakes, i get angry sometimes, but i cannot seriously look at myself and feel i played a terrible game, nor can i really think about this game and say that fact either. i think town was on a roll and did a lot of mislynches due to the fact j got caught up on connections and then when it was said and done town had nothing much to work with beyond what was given.
Maybe you should stop ****ing playing poor puppy if you want respect. Maybe then people will look past things like "soup always freaks out in game" and maybe start looking at what you're doing and how you do it. Believe it or not, you're not the star in Soup's Life: The Movie. Everyone has their own motives and their own things that they want to pursue, and that translates as well into mafia as it does to life in general. So people don't listen to you or agree with you. **** happens. You open yourself up to other possibilities, and keep strong with the ones you feel good about. So people scum read you or misinterpret what you say. That's their prerogative. DEAL WITH IT. Believe it or not it's your responsibility as a town player to not play scummy so that town shouldn't go through a train ride tryna determine your alignment. That just gives one a ****ty meta, and macman said it best: we shouldn't be allowed to just have ****ty metas.

Tell you what. I'll say the thing that nobody is gonna say but most everyone feels: you are always gonna be both comical and bad the more you feel sorry for yourself. If you wanna complain about it, fuel the fire. Be my guest. But if you want to be any good, maybe you should ACTUALLY take some advice from other people for a change.

Oh, another thing: believe it or not, I actually go into every game with a clear head. Ruy and Rake reaffirm my desire to policy them every game I play with then. You reaffirm my distaste for your play every game I play with you. It's a wonder that there are many other players that I can actually find myself playing a real game with. PBJ played laughably bad in MMU and I assumed he was gonna be a joke in the Riddick hydra. His first strike at Garg showed his towniness and felt too abrasive for me to accurately read Garg based off his reaction. But I still didn't treat him like the **** he was in MMU. So how about you clean your perception of SWF oh wise one and start thinking about what may be wrong with how you think of the game.

#HBC | Gorf

toastin walrus since 4/20 maaaan
Yea you are SOOOOOOO self conscious bruh. You gotta get that **** checked. I didn't not want to keep you alive for another phase; it just wasn't worth using my protect to JUST keep you alive for another phase.

#HBC | Nabe

Beneath it all, he had H-cups all along
Can't breathe, but the view is equal to the taste

Nicholas1024

Smash Lord
Nice to see town pulled this out, I was worried for a while there.

Really though, I was happy to get NK'd when I did, because this game was an extreme headache to try reading after d3. I seriously struggle getting reads when you have 3-4 inactive null-scum slots, since it's hard to blame anyone for saying "Let's lynch this one!". (Compare how Rid and I called Garg out for his pushes on D1).

July

Smash Apprentice
Great job town, this was an incredibly fun game to play and to watch, and I agree with PJB that it felt really good to hit scum early. I really enjoyed being masoned with soup/joey, we didn't live long but it was so helpful for me to know for a fact that Honk was town an watch people interact with the slot early D1; thanks Honk for being a great mason partner :-)

There were so many people who played great this game, and town was in good hands with Riddick, Nich, Frozen, Gorf, and Gheb all game. I had also never seen fandangox play before, but I really liked his style and think he did well for replacing into a slot that basically already had a foot in the grave.

Kary, great job at holding on and putting in great effort until the end, you handled the early death of your partners tremendously well. And J, it's always a blast to play with/against you, and it felt really nice to have pegged you as scum so early on and get to battle with you a little :-P And I really, genuinely am so relieved I was killed N1, it was incredibly merciful of you guys because I would have collapsed under the weight of finals very quickly had I stayed alive any longer.

Sorry to everyone for the walls of text, I know they must be terribly annoying to read, but they're the easiest way for me to write.

It was really fun to play again after a long break, but I realized its really difficult and unrealistic for me to join anymore games with internships/graduate school/work/life in general, so I'll be going back on hiatus for a while. I did really miss ya'll though, so I'll try to be more of a presence in the social thread.

And thanks Ran for encouraging me to join this game when it came up in the queue! You did a great job hosting.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
It was really fun to play again after a long break, but I realized its really difficult and unrealistic for me to join anymore games with internships/graduate school/work/life in general, so I'll be going back on hiatus for a while. I did really miss ya'll though, so I'll try to be more of a presence in the social thread.

And thanks Ran for encouraging me to join this game when it came up in the queue! You did a great job hosting.
I actually realized this a while ago. (In Final Fantasy Tactics Advanced) I totally understand the hiatus. It is why I am playing now in the summer. I'm taking a most needed break. I know you are in grad school now and it may be the same for me once I get into it.

No problem! I was glad to get you in and out in time for you to be able to focus more on school. :D

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Alright nigs, here are the achievements for this game:

Standard #1 [unlocked if you live past Day 3]: Be voted no more than 3 times before Day 3 ends. [frozenmarsh, Nich, Ridic, dabuz]
Standard #2 [unlocked if you don't live past Day 3]: Have your vote on an anti-town player on the final votecount of D1 or D2. You can not gai more than 1 card for this achievement. [July, J, soup]
Major: Be two [or more] times on the lynch of a player of opposing alignment, be the first vote in at least one of these cases. [Ridic, soup, Kary]
Legendary: Win the game having been on all lynches of opposing alignment and have not been voted more than 3 times. [fromarsh]

Common cards will go to frozenflame, marshy, Nich, PJB, dabuz and soup [Orbo, J and July have signed up so no cards for them].
PJB, soup and Kary will receive an uncommon card each for unlocking the major achievement.
Congrats to frozenflame and marshy for unlocking the major achievement! Both of you will get a rare card soon!

:059:

Fandangox

Smash Lord
I had also never seen fandangox play before, but I really liked his style and think he did well for replacing into a slot that basically already had a foot in the grave.
Thanks! Although I feel I could have done so much more, I don't know if I would have avoided being lynched had I had the time to read back and elaborate on my reads, but at least town would have gotten more out of my lynch had I done so. That said, I think it was good that I got lynched when I did, cause I still didn't suspect Kary until the end of Lylo and would have probably spent most of the game trying to pin down Gheb.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Dude i don't wanna die in place of slots like soup or Rid****. What will that accomplish aside from... Letting em live for another Day? Why do you think I only considered protecting "power players?" I'd say not protecting Rid**** was dumber than not protecting soup but either way that'd still only give him one extra Day to live.
I'd rather prefer a connection-wise clear slot alive than your slot.

All your bodyguard protects ignoring PJB and Soup were really dumb.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
I think debating the choice of protect is going to clutter up the thread with just "I disagree'. I mean, let's bring it back. Do you have a problem when a power player is killed N1 simply due to being a 'name'? (Instead of killing someone else who was also obvtown but one that can easily **** up) I'll go more into my thoughts on Gorf's and everyone's play in the comments (which I will do later lol)

To me, Gorf applied the same logic. Every damn night lmao. In the end, it actually helped town. (It was not a scenario I was expecting, and probably the same for Kary) Frozenmarsh stayed in, and was able to correctly decide the lynch. Yet there was high risk of Gorf actually dieng before him being able to trade his life for Frozenmarsh. So yeah he was a little crazy and deserved the callouts in-game.

Feel free to explain why you disagree (if it's constructive), but in the end it's your opinion vs gorf's on how to play a one-shot protective that also sacrifices you lol. Otherwise if it's personal/insulting cool your jets bro. And I mean this to the rest of dgames too. It's saddening to see dgames bust out at each other but I'm sure we can move past it and still be like a family. Some of dgames have high standards, but it's nothing we can't meat.

Last edited:

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
id rather that than the ****tyass townreads that get thrown around for no reason. i wish town lists n callin people town werent a thing
I forgot to say. I don't mind this. Although I honestly don't mind it when people call me town. Notice I rarely give out town reads? :p

Top Bottom