• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Flamedashing confirmed.

RPK

Smash Lord
That 3rd Firefox is actually pretty legit just because Firefox practically has no recovery now if if finishes right next to the ground like that.

proxibomb

Smash Clown
I wonder why Fox is the only one to have a wavedash-like technique. Is Sakurai paying homage to Melee?

Nah. :dr^_^:

Last edited:

Xcano

Smash Lord
NNID
Xcano128
3DS FC
4511-1143-2506
Who's making the names for these techniques? I mean, yeah, it's better than "Meteor Fox Wall Roll" but it still seems a little odd to me.

Hidden Arwing

Smash Apprentice
The original creator of this tech has long passed on. This was his mightiest contribution, so let's not sully his legacy with criticisms of his choice of nomenclature. Nothing honestly beats FLAMEDASH.
Flamedash sounds legit. A perfect move name for Fox~

Undrdog

#1 Super Grimer!
BRoomer
Flamedashing. Only viable with a flameless Firefox.

Great work M@v. Going to start working on this myself.

EndlessRain

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TheBlindMan
3DS FC
1693-1682-5689
Thought this would be the best place to post this: using the Flying Fox on the ground, and travelling horizontally along the stage with it, causes you to enter a slide. You can't act for most of it, but there appears to be a small window during which you can buffer actions to be executed as the slide ends. This lets you grab/jab etc. just before you stop moving. I'll try to get a video up as soon as I can record.

Last edited:

DavemanCozy

Smash Photographer
NNID
CavemanCossy
3DS FC
0216-1810-7681
Does Flamedashing work in Lylat cruise, during the parts where the ship tilts?

M@v

Subarashii!
Does Flamedashing work in Lylat cruise, during the parts where the ship tilts?
I haven't tested it, but it didn't in Brawl. When I tested on 3ds, it would work on stages it worked on brawl, and not work on stages it didn't as well. I'm assuming the same is true here.

I'll mess around when I'm back from work tomorrow(today) night on the wii u stages and see if I can find any flamedash surfaces on the new stages (that will likely be viable). As a note, Pokemon Stadium 2 is in the Wii U version, and if its legal at a tourney you are at, you can flamedash on the hill in the rock transformation there. I know that already because its a brawl stage ;P Also, it can be done on parts of delfino, but I forget all the slopes it can be done on. If memory serves right; its the slopes of the islands that can be flamedashed. I'm not sure about the stairs on the one form though; I'll check tomorrow.

Last edited:

Zephil

Smash Ace
oh man a lot of old faces in this thread, thats the power of Flamedash (I am dissapointed that you guys forgot the rule of always coloring Flamedash, only Lightning remembered, good job!).

So yeah I am back too and ready to show what our good-old Foxy can do.

Last edited:

M@v

Subarashii!
It works. Try it on the Stadium 2 rock form slope if you are having trouble. Easiest slope to do it on in the wii u version. Or the walkoff slope on the right side of Yoshi's Island (Melee)

Last edited:
Top Bottom