• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Flamecaller of Kalos: Delphox for DLC! What future do the flames foretell?

AgentHX

Smash Cadet
NNID
HotShotHunter
I had a dream where Delphox was in Smash. Dunno why, but it happened. Delphox looked amazing in motion, being a fast fighter with many lasting hitboxes due to the constant flame on her wand (I only say "her" because my Fenekkin in Y was female). If a real playable Delphox were to share even one attribute with the one in my dream, I'd be a happy camper. Sign me up to support. Even though Greninja ended up being my favorite Kalos starter, I'll never forget my first.

Delzethin

Character Concept Creator
NNID
Delzethin
I had a dream where Delphox was in Smash. Dunno why, but it happened. Delphox looked amazing in motion, being a fast fighter with many lasting hitboxes due to the constant flame on her wand (I only say "her" because my Fenekkin in Y was female). If a real playable Delphox were to share even one attribute with the one in my dream, I'd be a happy camper. Sign me up to support. Even though Greninja ended up being my favorite Kalos starter, I'll never forget my first.
Welcome aboard. Though we may not be the largest support group or have the loudest bandwagon, we've grown enough to at least be difficult to ignore. If you have any ideas for movesets, palette swaps, support art, et cetera, anything you can offer will give us that much more of a voice.

Delzethin

NNID
Delzethin

To anyone who hasn't already heard: the site staff is closing the character boards in a week's time.

That...presents a problem for us. Delphox is one of only a handful of characters that could get in through non-Ballot means, and therefore, continuing to push for recognition and support could raise our chances of the developers taking notice. Losing this thread could be a huge blow.

...Unless we plan ahead.

We need two things:
1. A centralized location where we can post ideas, make remarks, and hang out in general.
2. Some way of drawing people's attention toward said location. Losing the character boards is going to isolate a lot of the support bases. It's going to be very, very difficult for them to grow around here when the only way to find them will be actively looking for them. Considering Delphox is off the radars of the vast majority of the fanbase, we need something to get people to take notice.

Time to brainstorm. Any ideas are welcome. If we set this up right, we can get another burst of momentum while the other potential non-Ballot candidates are slow out of the gate.

Last edited:

Shanoa

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Davin134
3DS FC
2809-8856-1709

To anyone who hasn't already heard: the site staff is closing the character boards in a week's time.

That...presents a problem for us. Delphox is one of only a handful of characters that could get in through non-Ballot means, and therefore, continuing to push for recognition and support could raise our chances of the developers taking notice. Losing this thread could be a huge blow.

...Unless we plan ahead.

We need two things:
1. A centralized location where we can post ideas, make remarks, and hang out in general.
2. Some way of drawing people's attention toward said location. Losing the character boards is going to isolate a lot of the support bases. It's going to be very, very difficult for them to grow around here when the only way to find them will be actively looking for them. Considering Delphox is off the radars of the vast majority of the fanbase, we need something to get people to take notice.

Time to brainstorm. Any ideas are welcome. If we set this up right, we can get another burst of momentum while the other potential non-Ballot candidates are slow out of the gate.
I thought they're just getting moved out to another thread. D:

Zerp

Formerly "ZeroSoul"
Administrator
Writing Team

...Unless we plan ahead.

We need two things:

I'm afraid a Delphox themed location wouldn't have enough appeal by itself, so I thought of a compromise, would we be okay with making a general Pokemon Newcomer thread/group? I reckon a Pokemon group would attract a lot of members, and while not all of them would be interested in Delphox, we'd be "neighbors" of some sort to the others and could end up attracting some of them over time to our cause. Any thoughts?

Last edited:

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
I'm afraid a Delphox themed location wouldn't have enough appeal by itself, so I thought of a compromise, would we be okay with making a general Pokemon Newcomer thread/group? I reckon a Pokemon group would attract a lot of members, and while not all of them would be interested in Delphox, we'd be "neighbors" of some sort to the others and could end up attracting some of them over time to our cause. Any thoughts?
Hmm... I don't know. I don't think it'd be such a wise idea to put all of our competitors together like that. It could lead to some bad results.

I do think however that this might be a good time to start up the Delphox Skype group.

We need two things:
The skype group would probably do us the best, as we can simply invite anyone into the chat that would like to support the character. Might not be able to use Smashboards to do that anymore, but we can find other ways to re-direct others to the skype chat.

Last edited:

Delzethin

NNID
Delzethin
Based on things as it stands, it seems like our best course of action at the moment is to set up a thread in Oni's group (which has been reworked to include any DLC character threads) while also getting a Skype group together.

I'm working on the former as we speak--the sooner we have a thread up over there, the sooner we can hit the ground running. We may not have as much control over our outcome as before, but having most of the threads start on equal footing gives us more of a chance to be noticed around here. Who knows, maybe it can snowball into something.

I'll need someone else to handle the latter, though. With how much I already have to do, moderating a Skype group isn't the most practical for my situation.

EDIT: Thread is up! Make sure you get your invite so you can post over there. Let's get this fire burning, shall we?

Last edited:

Shanoa

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Davin134
3DS FC
2809-8856-1709
I've met a few Delphox supporters on Skype that I might be able to invite once someone sets up our group. It's surprising how often fans show up in all these different places.

Also, is it possible to get someone to just move our thread there instead of having us make a new one?

Last edited:

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
Alright, I've created a skype group for us. If you have skype, add "Dapuffster" to your contacts asking to be in the group and I shall put you in.

Delzethin

NNID
Delzethin
It looks like our time in this particular forum is coming to a close...so what better way to wind down discussion here than with this:

If, despite all odds, Delphox managed to make it into Smash, how would you react? What would be the first things you did after finding out?

nonbinarysmasher

Smash Cadet
NNID
Chaosmagic
I would see if anyone mentioned it here and on the other thread and if not show it here
and also the same for the skype group and i would probably make a profile pic for that on ssites

Zerp

Formerly "ZeroSoul"
Administrator
Writing Team
If, despite all odds, Delphox managed to make it into Smash, how would you react? What would be the first things you did after finding out?
First thing I'd do is rush to my Wii U and start downloading the character and then try to find out what kind of playstyles work well with the character.
Or if playing the character doesn't count, the first thing I'd do is probably try to celebrate somehow, I guess I'd make a drawing of Delphox despite how bad I am at art as a first thing to do if they were to get in :p.

Last edited:

Shanoa

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Davin134
3DS FC
2809-8856-1709
I'd waste no time and get straight to the lab. I'd probably be motivated enough to pump thousands of hours into mastering him/her. It'd be great to finally be able to choose between two different characters in bracket since I'm not good enough with any of my pockets to consider them as a secondary.

I'd also need to figure out a clever way for all of us to celebrate.

Delzethin

NNID
Delzethin
And so our time in this particular thread comes to a close. Everyone who's followed along the way...thank you. It's been an honor having you as a part of this group, and thought we may not be the largest support base or the most glamorous, we've at least found each other. That's meaningful in and of itself.

Despite that, though...we're not through yet. To anyone who hasn't gotten word, or to anyone in the future who is just now finding us, we have a new thread elsewhere that'll serve as our base of operations from here on out: The New Thread

As long as there's a reason to fight, a reason to hope, we can keep this flame burning. I'll see you all there.

Top Bottom