• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Flame Slide / Flame Cancel (Flame Pillar AT)

Egregore

Smash Apprentice
NNID
NoGoodEndings
3DS FC
1977-1234-9456
Haven't seen anything on this. . .then again, haven't seen much on MG in general lol.

I'll try and post a video later on this, but basically during a pivot flame pillar you slide a pretty good distance. I was fooling around with this last night versus some friends and realized something pretty incredible.

If you are running toward the ledge and perform a pivot flame pillar as you're somewhere from the shortest slide distance to just slightly less than maximum distance before the move actually comes out you will find yourself cancelling the move and sliding off to snap onto the ledge.

Why is this incredible?

Well, it can be performed on any platform and you can act out of it immediately. Flame Slide off ledge / platform > bair, nair, dair, uair, specials. . .you name it.

I've been doing some pretty funky stage control stuff on BF with this technique basically allowing me to run off, b-reversal grenade that will land ON the platform. OR FS off platform into fair above or any height below platform.

Also, this will require more testing as I could only get it a few times (seems strict) but FS off ledge into up b (lunar launch) at a certain height (somewhere right before you would snap to ledge) has the move come out and shoot the blast beneath you but you grab ledge almost at the same time giving you the invincible state. Might be hard to imagine without seeing it.

I have some other tricky stuff I'll try to incorporate in a video.

With that being said. . .don't sleep on Gunner!

HermitHelmet

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Hermit_Helmet1
Since I have a Capture Card for the Wii U Version, I could record this for you and quickly put it up on my channel. Just gimme step-y-step instructions on what to record/write and I can do it for you in a couple of days!

san.

1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
This also works with Missiles.

Ceipe

Smash Cadet
NNID
Ceipe007
3DS FC