• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Flame Choke tech chasing into Ganoncide

Garioshi

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Garioshi
3DS FC
2793-1760-2194
Am I the only one who really likes using Flame Choke into Ganoncide? I usually do a very small shorthop before my Flame Choke and then tech (or lack thereof) chase my opponent to the edge, resulting in a Ganoncide. The next stock, I do the tech chase again, and since they don't want to be Ganoncided, you essentially have a free choke at the edge.

teluoborg

Smash Otter
Premium
NNID
teloutre
Sorry but yes, you're the only one.

We Ganon mains like to play really safely and only go for guaranteed follow ups, thus minimizing the risk of being punished. And since there is no 100% guaranteed follow up after side B the most popular thing to do right now is hold your shield up or roll away in order to maintaint maximal safety.

Edit : just seen this
I found a thing

When will the nerfs end??????
So am I right or what ? lmao

Last edited:

Garioshi

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Garioshi
3DS FC
2793-1760-2194
Huh.
I played Ganon in Sm4sh before I even touched PM, and tech chasing with Flame Choke in Sm4sh is a really useful asset. Combine that with Flame Choke's massive range in PM and it just seems perfect. It seems I was mistaken.

Bazkip

Smash Master
Sorry but yes, you're the only one.

We Ganon mains like to play really safely and only go for guaranteed follow ups, thus minimizing the risk of being punished. And since there is no 100% guaranteed follow up after side B the most popular thing to do right now is hold your shield up or roll away in order to maintaint maximal safety.

Edit : just seen this

So am I right or what ? lmao
They fixed it in 3.6 full lol

teluoborg

Smash Otter
Premium
NNID
teloutre
Thank god lmao.

@ Garioshi Garioshi I was joking. The less respect you show the more effective Ganon is. My favorite is the air side B right near the ledge so that your opponent falls offstage but you stay on the ground, then followed by a runoff Dair to smite their puny recovery attempt.

HiroProtagonist

Smash Apprentice
Thank god lmao.

@ Garioshi Garioshi I was joking. The less respect you show the more effective Ganon is. My favorite is the air side B right near the ledge so that your opponent falls offstage but you stay on the ground, then followed by a runoff Dair to smite their puny recovery attempt.
Remember to taunt cancel so that you can hear Ganon cackling in the background as you deliver his lightning boots unto the face of your unworthy opponent

Sünta

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Sünta_Foot
3DS FC
2234-7187-3957
I prefer the good ol' dair tech chase into ganoncide (if the person is bad). I should probably start flamechoke chasing though because the taunt cancel is too good.

Top Bottom