• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Flame choke cancel?

link2702

Smash Champion
so beefy smash dudes posted something today about dk being able to cancel his hand slap after he autocanceled a move, and it reminded me of something that happened awhile back with ganon in for glory.

Basically I used his flame choke after landing and then immediately tried to flame choke in the other direction because my opponent rolled...and it actually did. He started the aerial animation for flame choke but then immediately canceled it and went into his ground one in the opposite direction.

I couldn’t reproduce it at the time so I never thought about it, but after seeing the dk video I realized I didn’t try to auto cancel it, which I MIGHT have done that match it happened, I might have auto canceled his up air first and that’s why it worked.

I don’t currently have access to either smash wiiu or 3ds atm, but can anyone here try to test it?

What if it’s something that happens based on specials that have different animations for the air or ground? This could mean some other characters could as well, and maybe other specials like Ganons down b?

Last edited:

Litany

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Brushfire11
Switch FC
SW-6201-5293-0444
Can't replicate it with any success using Flame Choke, though for what it's worth I know aerial Wizkick works on Lylat specifically.

link2702

Smash Champion
Did you do it near the edge and ledge-cancel it?
No. I was not only away from the ledge, but moving away from it initially.

I attempted to recreate it myself but no luck. I know that there is like a frame or so where you can switch direction at the start of flame choke normally on the ground(he’ll start the animation just for a sec in one direction but only before the lunge forward and sound effect) but this actually started the sound effect and him lunging forward just a tiny bit before he switched directions. Normally it wouldn’t do that.

I’m at a loss now at what could have caused it.

Top Bottom