• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

FL Social Thread:You Mad, You Lose.

Dankey_Kang

Smash Rookie
Hey, is anyone in the Orlando area? Looking to get competitive and would love to practice with some people.

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
Lol, really. I barely don't see anything going on in orlando, but I do see what's going outside of florida that orlando doesn't have right now.

Anywho, we're having a smashfest tomorrow at corby's place.
Or 2D-Jeff's local tournament a tad farther from ucf, also tomorrow.

Dankey_Kang

Smash Rookie
That's great news. Unfortunately I can't make it to either of those, but it's good to know you hold them here often. I'm about 20 minutes from UCF. There a place where these events are posted publicly, or am I in it right now?

Smashopotamus

Smash Rookie
Hey, I live in Tallahassee and I'm looking for some people to play Project M with. Does anyone here live in Tallahassee and want to play some matches? I can host or I can play wherever, just let me know. I know there is a tournament here at the tin cow next weekend so I assume there are some local players around here. Just looking to meet up and play some games, let me know!

smashbroskilla

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5086-2745-2582
I haven't played in any tournaments for.....about almost a year. And there's a facebook group that doesn't help jack **** for me, especially when I have no car and a pretty tight schedule as all are located way the hell from where I'm standing. I just rely on this website more.
I've requested twice now to join the Facebook group and nothing.

I am looking into hosting weekly/biweekly smashfest if anyone is interested in the WPB area. Starting it this friday at like 9pm-??? It's currently 10 of us that are getting together to play(Mostly Melee), if anyone is interested let me know! Send me a text if you want 561 310 5240
Who is this? I'm in West Palm.

Last edited:

menotyou135

Smash Journeyman
Hey, I live in Tallahassee and I'm looking for some people to play Project M with. Does anyone here live in Tallahassee and want to play some matches? I can host or I can play wherever, just let me know. I know there is a tournament here at the tin cow next weekend so I assume there are some local players around here. Just looking to meet up and play some games, let me know!
https://www.facebook.com/groups/357576900984630/?ref=br_tf

Step 1) Read steps
Step 2) Click link
Step 3) ???
Step 4) Profit

B_AWAL

Smash Master
I'm assuming @menotyou was awesome enough to direct you to our FB page. There's a PM tourney this Saturday actually lol! I think you already joined and I'm gonna be practicing tonight and tomorrow.

:sonic:

Shinryuenjin

Smash Cadet
NNID
Shinryuenjin
A friend and I are making preparations to start holding tournaments in the Southwest Florida area. I'll make a separate thread when the time comes, but is there anyone that checks this thread periodically that'd be willing to come to the N.Ft.Myers area to play some in some tournaments?

The tournaments will be hosted at my friends' place in lieu of an huge venue, but the place is large enough to where we could get a 26-30 man tournament going if we really could get that many people, but we don't care about the size of the events. We honestly just want to meet new people and play smash, get better as well, so any amount of people interested is fine until we reach around 30 people, and I don't think we'll get that many this easily.

Entry fee for the tournaments will be kept low(nothing ridiculous like 30 bucks or anything), but still remain because the host requires it as we're using his home and we'd like to reward winners(hopefully the top 3, maybe even top 5 if we can) with a prize. The entry fee is TBA as we still need to gauge what kind of pots people would like to compete for.

The games played are as follows: 64, Melee, Project M. And when Smash 4 on Wii U is released: Smash 4.

We'd love to do 3DS tournaments as well if there's enough demand. We'd like to get these tournaments started in the next few weeks but we'd like some input from people interested. Thanks!

κomıc

Highly Offensive
NNID
komicturtle
Yeah. Hold out for the Wii U version. 3DS is a great platform all on its own and it is great to have Smash Bros on the go but if you really don't care for other games on 3DS and want to play Smash, then don't so be it. Also, controls are a huge factor. If you can't adapt easily or are too used to GCN/Wii-chuk or whatever, it is going to be a little rough for you.

Bonus for 3DS players is that at tournaments, we don't have to wait for a set-up to be free :)

Last edited:

iFezZz

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
0044-3936-7335
I live near Lake Mary Deltona and all that stuff, does anyone play Smash4 out here? I want to start getting involved in the scene, but I don't know how to navigate this forum very well yet.

Brother_Yokum

Smash Rookie
Hey Fellas, I'm trying to organize a release day tournament for Smash on the Wii U. The Manager at my Gamstop in Melbourne, FL told me that if i can get 50 to 100 people to participate he could pull some strings and hold the tournament at the local Theater projected on screen!! I think this would be a really fun and exciting event, I know that the Florida community is huge and i want to get this out there. Ill leave a link to the Facebook event I've created. Lets make this happen Florida!!!

https://www.facebook.com/events/1006492116031483/?ref_dashboard_filter=upcoming (add me so i can invite you to the event, I'm the host Justin Thomas)

There will be more solid information once i show him we have the numbers, I'd love to stream the event if possible so im certainly looking for volunteers to help out!

Last edited:

Two-Ell

Smash Master
Time for my annual post on this site!

Lol, how many years has this thread had that title?

Since Peach is pretty much the same I'll prolly be mashing at VS once in a while.

Have the '08-'12 regulars moved to a Fb group or somethin'? I miss the silly stuff that used to on in here lol

shoshone

Smash Ace
Time for my annual post on this site!

Lol, how many years has this thread had that title?

Since Peach is pretty much the same I'll prolly be mashing at VS once in a while.

Have the '08-'12 regulars moved to a Fb group or somethin'? I miss the silly stuff that used to on in here lol
I think a lot of people (including myself) have moved to regionalized FB groups since it's easy, quick and convenient.

Top Bottom