• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fjorm Breaks The Ice! - Fjorm For Smash Ultimate!

Do You Want Fjorm in Smash?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

Troykv

Smash Master
Oh wow, I was expecting someone to make a post about Fjorm eventually... but I thought it would just be a two post thing that ended up in under the ground compared with the "non-Fire Emblem memes" characters.

Fjorm would be nice, not my choice, but a fun one.

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
With Lyn, Celica, Alm, and Anna being in my top choices for playable Fire Emblem representations, I wouldn’t really go with Fjorm...though she would be unique for not using a sword

Altais

Smash Champion
Starbase, where no turtle has gone before.
Recently downloaded the Fire Emblem Heroes app after buying a new mobile. Mine old flip phone finally went kaput--or at least, the battery did. [Shrugs] Couldn't get a new battery, since the model was phased out. That said, may it rest in peace.

Anyhow, I got a load of free units upon starting the game, one of which is mine favourite Fire Emblem: Awakening character, Henry. Also got Raigh, Jeorge, Matthew, Felicia, and mine favourite absent-minded archer, Setsuna. Overall, I wasn't expecting to get so many personal favourites this early.

I'm definitely liking Fire Emblem Heroes more than Fire Emblem Warriors. Although, I am annoyed that mages can't attack from up close. But that aside, I understand now why this all-stars spinoff is so popular. The maps are small, but strategic nonetheless. And the four-unit teams really push you to make the best of your available resources.

Now I really, REALLY want to see Fjorm in Smash. She'd be an excellent representative of Fire Emblem Heroes, and would naturally promote the game.

Last edited:

Troykv

Smash Master
Recently downloaded the Fire Emblem Heroes app after buying a new mobile. Mine old flip phone finally went kaput--or at least, the battery did. [Shrugs] Couldn't get a new battery, since the model was phased out. That said, may it rest in peace.

Anyhow, I got a load of free units upon starting the game, one of which is mine favourite Fire Emblem: Awakening character, Henry. Also got Raigh, Jeorge, Matthew, Felicia, and mine favourite absent-minded archer, Setsuna. Overall, I wasn't expecting to get so many personal favourites this early.

I'm definitely liking Fire Emblem Heroes more than Fire Emblem Warriors. Although, I am annoyed that mages can't attack from up close. But that aside, I understand now why this all-stars spinoff is so popular. The maps are small, but strategic nonetheless. And the four-unit teams really push you to make the best of your available resources.

Now I really, REALLY want to see Fjorm in Smash. She'd be an excellent representative of Fire Emblem Heroes, and would naturally promote the game.
Oh yeah, FE Heroes has a very welcoming... welcome xD

You get many good units as soon as you're able to do stuff outside of the Prologue, and you can also get more stuff very early on (specially Vanguard Ike and Fjorm, which are very useful units).

Oh, and the mages change was a balance thing... the more you play the game, the more you'll see that having melee and ranged attacks is very powerful here.

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
OP really needs to be updated to explain who this character is. I guess this character is from Heroes, but you need to sell it. Who are they, why are they important, what could they add ect

Altais

Smash Champion
Oh, dear... FE: Heroes is really eating up mine storage space. As more updates come out, I fancy I won't be able to play anymore.

Anyhow, waiting to see whom won the Voting Gauntlet; Fjorm or Anna. I joined Fjorm's team, even though she was losing. But it seems she turned the tables at the end.

Of all mine current units, Matthew is mine favourite. I usually have him soften up the enemy with his poison and debuff skills, then finish them off with Abel's Brave Lance. [Shrugs] Brute force just isn't mine style.

MarineIris

Smash Cadet
I'll support Fjorm on the condition that she have a Sharena-based alt color. I'd like to have Sharena, but I can't argue with ice powers moveset-wise. Either way, Fire Emblem Heroes provides the easiest mobile representation for Smash.

MarineIris

Smash Cadet
I'll support her on the condition that she have a Sharena-based alt color.

Altais

Smash Champion
Holy crap, Gunnthrá actually beat Ike in the Voting Gauntlet. Totally wasn't expecting that. I joined her team after Fjorm lost to Anna. Let's see if she wins the final round.

I dare say, I was NOT expecting Fire Emblem Heroes to be so addicting. Overall, I appreciate the removal of randomisation. I like how attacks never miss, but in exchange there are no critical hits, and that the weapon triangle plays a huger role. And instead of triggering randomly, offensive skills have a cooldown.

rockerpikmin

Smash Apprentice
I'm glad this thread has had such a positive response; thanks for all the kind comments and advice.

I have only just realised I forgot to talk about her Throws...

It's update time!

Altais

Smash Champion
Now that we know every past fighter is back, mine hopes for Fjorm have dwindled. At the very least, I don't see her getting in before the more demanded characters like Geno and K. Rool. She also has Edelgard from Fire Emblem: Three Houses to compete with--and I'm willing to bet they'll want to promote the newer game.

At any rate, I think Fjorm at least deserves a trophy.

rockerpikmin

Smash Apprentice
Now that we know every past fighter is back, mine hopes for Fjorm have dwindled. At the very least, I don't see her getting in before the more demanded characters like Geno and K. Rool. She also has Edelgard from Fire Emblem: Three Houses to compete with--and I'm willing to bet they'll want to promote the newer game.

At any rate, I think Fjorm at least deserves a trophy.
I appreciate the new chick is an axewoman; that's badass, but I'd rather have the ice lance user, and she may be more likely as the project plan was finalised way before even Heroes released.

P.Kat

Smash Champion
I really liking the idea of a ice based lancer. Count me in as a supporter for Fjorm too.

Gallowglass

Smash Lord
I'm all for having a spear wielder and I think Fjorm has a lot potential. I think you can pull a lot of moveset potential from her Intro movie.

0:50 could be a standard B or FB move.
1:02 could be a victory pose
1:16 could be a Final Smash

MacDaddyNook

Smash Lord
With the Ice Climbers back, her inclusion would make for a nice Event Mode battle featuring the ice-based characters.

rockerpikmin

Smash Apprentice
I really liking the idea of a ice based lancer. Count me in as a supporter for Fjorm too.
Will do! Cheers.

I'm all for having a spear wielder and I think Fjorm has a lot potential. I think you can pull a lot of moveset potential from her Intro movie.

0:50 could be a standard B or FB move.
1:02 could be a victory pose
1:16 could be a Final Smash
I like your thinking!

With the Ice Climbers back, her inclusion would make for a nice Event Mode battle featuring the ice-based characters.
Yes!

MacDaddyNook

Smash Lord
Given the design/use of spears, do you think having a sweet-spot at the tip would encroach too much into Marth's schtick? I can't imagine a spear working any other way.

rockerpikmin

Smash Apprentice
Given the design/use of spears, do you think having a sweet-spot at the tip would encroach too much into Marth's schtick? I can't imagine a spear working any other way.
I thought about having it freeze opponents; that would be unique enough.

P.Kat

Smash Champion
I was thinking that unlike Ice Climbers who only have one freeze move, Fjorm would be able to freeze opponent just from her standard moveset alone and that's not even including her Special moves.

All Smash Attacks will freeze enemies, Up-air and Dair will be the only aerials that freezes, her Up-tilt and Down-tilt would only freeze at high percent's while Forward-tilt would freeze all the time, at low damage it will freeze for a very short time acting like a stun like Pikachu's Neutral B, giving enemies a chance to escape, but it disrupts their intended attack, then at higher damages it freezes them in their tracks for a extended period,

For her Neutral B instead of breaking shields though it does wear down shields, it freezes the opponents for about the same amount time as a stunned enemy from a shield break, giving Fjorm a chance to use a Smash attack or another Neutral B to kill.

However there are guidelines:
Enemies with less than 45% damage will require Neutral B to be fully charged to freeze.
Enemies between 45-90% damage will only require a half charged Neutral B to freeze.
Enemies over 90% will be instantly frozen with an uncharged Neutral B
Enemies frozen solid by her have extra damage and knockback inflicted upon them.

rockerpikmin

Smash Apprentice
I was thinking that unlike Ice Climbers who only have one freeze move, Fjorm would be able to freeze opponent just from her standard moveset alone and that's not even including her Special moves.

All Smash Attacks will freeze enemies, Up-air and Dair will be the only aerials that freezes, her Up-tilt and Down-tilt would only freeze at high percent's while Forward-tilt would freeze all the time, at low damage it will freeze for a very short time acting like a stun like Pikachu's Neutral B, giving enemies a chance to escape, but it disrupts their intended attack, then at higher damages it freezes them in their tracks for a extended period,

For her Neutral B instead of breaking shields though it does wear down shields, it freezes the opponents for about the same amount time as a stunned enemy from a shield break, giving Fjorm a chance to use a Smash attack or another Neutral B to kill.

Enemies with less than 45% damage will require Neutral B to be fully charged to freeze.
Enemies between 45-90% damage will only require a half charged Neutral B to freeze.
Enemies frozen solid by her have extra damage and knockback inflicted upon them.
So a bit like Lucario's Aura Mechanic?

I dig it!

EDIT: I think I've misinterpreted what you said; you mean damage on the opponent, not the damage on Fjorm herself. The latter honestly might be more balanced.

Last edited:

Thatkidwiththeafro

The Pink Panther's Bro!
NNID
Mr.F-ZeroBias
I LOVE Fire Emblem Heroes, and I wouldn't mind her in the game.

I doubt I'll see Azura or Niles in Ultimate at this point (I could always be wrong! ;)) ~ Afro

P.Kat

Smash Champion
So a bit like Lucario's Aura Mechanic?

I dig it!

EDIT: I think I've misinterpreted what you said; you mean damage on the opponent, not the damage on Fjorm herself. The latter honestly might be more balanced.
Yeah I meant damage on the opponent so kind of the reverse of Lucario's Aura, but you also have a good point if the freeze mechanic was changed so that the higher the damage Fjorm has, the higher the chance of her moveset freezing overall, it would make for more fun, interesting matches with Fjorm making amazing comebacks instead of her just boringly steamrolling opponents with the former.

rockerpikmin

Smash Apprentice
Yeah I meant damage on the opponent so kind of the reverse of Lucario's Aura, but you also have a good point if the freeze mechanic was changed so that the higher the damage Fjorm has, the higher the chance of her moveset freezing overall, it would make for more fun, interesting matches with Fjorm making amazing comebacks instead of her just boringly steamrolling opponents with the former.
Thanks for seeing it my way; I like it!

MacDaddyNook

Smash Lord

I like the idea. Freezing is no doubt her core gimmick. I was thinking about hitboxes and sweet/sour spots. Maybe instead of higher damage/knockback from the tip (sweet spot) she gets a higher chance to freeze foes.

P.Kat

Smash Champion
I like the idea. Freezing is no doubt her core gimmick. I was thinking about hitboxes and sweet/sour spots. Maybe instead of higher damage/knockback from the tip (sweet spot) she gets a higher chance to freeze foes.
That could work too, as long as she has good frame data so her moves don't have too much lag.

MacDaddyNook

Smash Lord
That could work too, as long as she has good frame data so her moves don't have too much lag.
I'm thinking a mid-speed fighter with long range and the ability to disable opponents by freezing. She'd have a strong spacing/zoning game with emphasis on keeping foes at a distance and being strong against projectiles, but, to balance, have a harder time (but still fares decently) against those who get in too close.

Altais

Smash Champion
Wow, Lyon actually won the most recent Voting Gauntlet. To be completely honest, despite joining his team from the start, I never even expected him to make it past the first round. I decided to join his team, since Sacred Stones was mine first Fire Emblem game.

Back to Fjorm: I am surprised at how deep the plot is in Fire Emblem Heroes. Again, way better than Fire Emblem Warriors. I especially liked the twist at the end of Book II.

Even though mine hopes for Fjorm being in Smash are all but gone, I still think she deserves a spot on the roster, since Fire Emblem Heroes is an excellent game. If she did make it in, I would like it if they captured the way she moved in the game. So far, I've thought of a neutral and down-special for her, but not an up or side-special. Her Final Smash should definitely be 1:19 in the below video.

MacDaddyNook

Smash Lord
Wow, Lyon actually won the most recent Voting Gauntlet. To be completely honest, despite joining his team from the start, I never even expected him to make it past the first round. I decided to join his team, since Sacred Stones was mine first Fire Emblem game.

Back to Fjorm: I am surprised at how deep the plot is in Fire Emblem Heroes. Again, way better than Fire Emblem Warriors. I especially liked the twist at the end of Book II.

Even though mine hopes for Fjorm being in Smash are all but gone, I still think she deserves a spot on the roster, since Fire Emblem Heroes is an excellent game. If she did make it in, I would like it if they captured the way she moved in the game. So far, I've thought of a neutral and down-special for her, but not an up or side-special. Her Final Smash should definitely be 1:19 in the below video.

I'm curious to see what your ideas for her neutral and down specials would be. Care to share them with us?

Also, Lyons was a big surprise. I thought Marth and Ike would fare much better than they did. I guess Smash doesn't give the characters as much of a popularity bump as one would have guessed.

rockerpikmin

Smash Apprentice
Here is a gif I found from what I thought would be a good victory animation.

I'm down for that! Would be a nice diversion from her normally reserved character.

I'm curious to see what your ideas for her neutral and down specials would be. Care to share them with us?

Also, Lyons was a big surprise. I thought Marth and Ike would fare much better than they did. I guess Smash doesn't give the characters as much of a popularity bump as one would have guessed.
I second this request.

Last edited:

Artix

Smash Journeyman
You know what, I support this.

Fjorm is one of my favorite characters in Fire Emblem and would definitely be interesting if she made it in. We really need a lance user in Smash and I think Fjorm's a suitable candidate.

rockerpikmin

Smash Apprentice
You know what, I support this.

Fjorm is one of my favorite characters in Fire Emblem and would definitely be interesting if she made it in. We really need a lance user in Smash and I think Fjorm's a suitable candidate.
Thanks lad.

rockerpikmin

Smash Apprentice
I was thinking, for her reveal trailer, it would be awesome if The Ice Climbers encountered Fjorm in her homeland of Nifl; also, if she saved the duo from the snow, they would invite her to join the roster as a debt repayment.

SEGAGameBoy

Smash Journeyman
I definitely support this. I'm planning on getting Fire Emblem Warriors for my Switch. If she's in it, I'll......... I don't know. But, I will be excited. I support!

Altais

Smash Champion
^That...is awesome. I already like the original version of the song; it's the kind that really sticks in your head. That said, I fancy I'll like the remix more. [EDIT] I don't care if Fjorm's unlikely; I'm putting her back in mine signature.

[EDIT] Since it's semi-related, now that we know it's possible for spin-offs to have soundtracks, one song I'm really hoping for is Beastslayer, from Fire Emblem Warriors.

Last edited:

MacDaddyNook

Smash Lord
It's good to see Heroes gets some recognition. I'm still hoping we get more than Chrom from Fire Emblem on the playable fighter front.

Top Bottom