• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

(Fixed Freezing Problems) ProjectM 3.02 - How to add your own Logo onto your CSS!

Lykon

Smash Cadet
Ok, just one question, I already edited some .psd files.
Do i have to convert them to .png files?
Because i see the image files from brawlbox are .png files

Lykon

Smash Cadet
Thank you very much!! I finally finished my common5.pac I just tested it and it is perfect :333
Ready for the tournament :v

D

Deleted member

I... I actually made the S@X Menu, Tantalus contacted me so yeah
The file is actually just over the ProjectM logo thats already on there behind the stage portaits, I just edited the animation by moving it over to the right.

(Prince) Shadow

Smash Lord
Hey Zach, I tried your most up to date common5 pack, but I get insta-freeze when i press "Fight". I saw that changing the logo to CMPR might do the trick, So I changed it in Brawlbox (0.63d), put it on my SD card and tested it. However I got the same bzzzt result. When I opened the file on my pc again, I noticed that the logo switched back to RGB5A3.
I tried some stuff to make sure it would save (change a Stage select picture and save), but still it would end up in a freeze screen on "Fight".

Troughout the tread I believe I saw your earlier common5 packs were modded from PM 2.6. Could you try to build one again from the 3.02 version, or maybe teach all of us how to make this ourself?

Thanks in advance

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

If you set it to CMPR it should be fine, if it was still left as RGB5A3 then thats probably just you messing up somewhere. The image on CMPR is compressed enough to where it doesn't go over the selcharacter.pac file limit (aka freezing point)

I used the 3.02 version as a base, I just put parts from the 2.6 one and put it onto the 3.02 one.

(Prince) Shadow

Smash Lord
Sadly it still won't save the little change. Even if I click "Save as". When I open it, it is back on RGB5A3.
This shouldn't be rocket science :/
Open common5, browse to bg_icon, put it on CMPR, save, done. Right?
No matter what I try, it keeps going back to RGB5A3.

If it is too much out of your way to learn us how to do this from scratch, could you consider uploading a new common5 with the logo set to CMPR? I would save me and possibly others a lot of testing, crying, tv smashing and tv shopping.

btw, I have not changed the logo with my own logo. It is the default "insert your logo here!"-logo

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Yeah uhh the insert your own logo here will always freeze. You have to insert your own logo, and if THAT freezes THEN you use CMPR.

Why would you want a menu that just says "Insert your logo here"

Last edited by a moderator:

(Prince) Shadow

Smash Lord
Oh seriously? Hahaha! I wanted to test if it would work before i started to add my own custom logo, portraits, stage select, etc.
I'll test it with a logo of my own then.

EDIT

That did the trick. If you didn't have said the default one would always freeze, I'd still be stuck.
Thanks, Zach!

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Edit the Translations for X and Y. This is just what I used, if your logo doesn't really fit there then you can change the numbers.

samuriike

Smash Rookie
Hey I followed all the steps perfectly and i got my logo where i wanted it but it took away the character icons in game. for example i had a picture of master cheif instead of snake and now it shows snake. what can i do to fix this?

D

Deleted member

I have absolutely no idea what you're talking about.
Master cheif stock icons were never on my base build. Ever.

samuriike

Smash Rookie
im sorry for the confusion. i think you mentioned it earlier in this post thread about imports. when i put in the new common5 file and then something went wrong so that when i went to choose a character (for example) it would show snake instead of master chief like i had it before

D

Deleted member

OOOOOH, I thought your post said that you had master cheif over snake now, but it's actually the other way around
The common5.pac base build in my post is a clean menu, you have to import the CSPs into the selcharacter.pac portion of the common5.pac to have any custom portaits.

HarryTheChin

Smash Ace
@ZachAttax64

Would you also happen to have a guide on how to add in a logo on the top right of the Stage select screen like with what you did with the one for "Smash @ Xanadu" on VGBC's stream?

Thanks.

D

Deleted member

Edit the Translations for X and Y. This is just what I used, if your logo doesn't really fit there then you can change the numbers.
Replace the texture for the logo on the SSS (It's the ProjectM Logo) with your own, and then move the translations I listed above. If the X and Y co-ordinates don't fit your logo, feel free to move it around.

ITALIAN N1NJA

Smash Ace
NNID
ITALIAN_N1NJA
3DS FC
3368-3413-2021
I recently changed my copy of Project M so that the portraits on the Character Selection Screen was the SJS CSS. After this, I downloaded a premade common5.pac in order to add a logo to the Character Selection Screen. After this I deleted the common5.pac(going from pf>systems>common5.pac) I had on my SD card from the SJS CSS pack and replaced it with the common5.pac from the download. Will they play nice with each other and work properly? Or do I need to do something in order to make it do so? Will the two together cause the game to freeze possibly?

D

Deleted member

Well it sounds like all you did was delete the current common5 and replace it with mine
You will not freeze as long as you actually replaced the logo. If you just put in the premade common5 you'll freeze cause the "Place your logo here!" texture freezes the game.
Also, since you replaced the SJS CSPs, you won't have them anymore. If you want them you'll have to manually extract and replace the correct miscdata's with those textures

ITALIAN N1NJA

Smash Ace
NNID
ITALIAN_N1NJA
3DS FC
3368-3413-2021
Well it sounds like all you did was delete the current common5 and replace it with mine
You will not freeze as long as you actually replaced the logo. If you just put in the premade common5 you'll freeze cause the "Place your logo here!" texture freezes the game.
Also, since you replaced the SJS CSPs, you won't have them anymore. If you want them you'll have to manually extract and replace the correct miscdata's with those textures
No no no. Someone I know created a logo for the center of the character selection screen. The CSPs were already changed to the SJS CSPs. I only changed the "common5.pac" file that I downloaded off of Mediafire. I'm asking if I already had the CSPs replaced with the SJS CSPs will it effect the "common5.pac" logo that should be on the CSS or the game?

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I'm not sure if I follow you, but if you're asking if the CSPs change the logo... it shouldn't.

sushifreAk

Smash Cadet
NNID
Cyb3Rnite
3DS FC
4554-0880-9460
I have custom CSS stuff, what do I need to export and put/replace in the existing common5 so I don't need to re-do everything?

Also, the v0.63d link gives me v0.68d. :/

Edit: Nevermind, I went above filesize limit anyway. Would appreciate it if I still got an answer, though. :3

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

If you have custom CSS stuff, I don't know what you have to replace to put into the existing common5.pac. You've specified NOTHING of what's changed in your custom one
also yeah, the link goes to 68 now even though the title of the download is 63. (Also if you're above the file size limit, change the import of the logo type to be CMPR)

Edit: If you're trying to take stuff from my common5.pac and put it into yours, then just rip out the miscdata[30] in scselcharacter. If you have a custom miscdata[30] though then you're going to have to do some more stuff

Last edited by a moderator:

sushifreAk

Smash Cadet
NNID
Cyb3Rnite
3DS FC
4554-0880-9460
If you're trying to take stuff from my common5.pac and put it into yours, then just rip out the miscdata[30] in scselcharacter. If you have a custom miscdata[30] though then you're going to have to do some more stuff
That's what I was looking for. Thanks! Good thing I only have a handful of images replaced in miscdata[30].

D

Deleted member

Your image size is probably too large, when you import the logo follow the small instructions that say to import as CMPR (Compressed)

Either that or you just didn't do it right

Lykon

Smash Cadet
Simple question. You wouldn't mind to upload the your latest S@X common5.pac ?
I've seen you made changes to it, and looks very complete. I would edit it from there on. Thanks.
I just realized it was used on Bar Wars 2 :D

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

If you usb load projectm then you won't be using a projectm iso, you'd use brawls iso and run it with the pm files on your sd card. I USB load lol

But I'd assume it'll work if you put the .pac file inside the iso.

Top Bottom