• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fixed Camera Mode

Is Fixed Camera Mode better than Melee's default camera? In Singles? In Doubles?

• Default camera is better for Singles.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fixed Camera Mode is better for Singles.

• Default camera is better for Doubles.

• Fixed Camera Mode is better for Doubles.

• Total voters

Ocarinist Drew

Smash Rookie
After messing around in Melee Light for a while, I've really started to like the fixed camera.

It got me wondering, why does no one use Fixed Camera Mode in Melee? Wouldn't a fixed camera make things easier? Haven't you ever played a doubles game on Dream Land, and someone is way up in the top right corner surviving Fox's up-smash like a champ, meanwhile everyone else is on stage trying to fight but they are completely covered by the HUD and no one can see what's going on? Well that wouldn't be a problem with Fixed Camera Mode.

So I played a few games of Fixed Camera Mode in vanilla Melee with a friend.

I loved it. He hated it.

I've compiled a list of pros and cons from the games we played in Fixed Camera Mode.

Pros:
Easier to judge spacing.
The action never gets covered by the HUD.
Easier access to information such as Shy Guys and Randle. (Though Randle can be kept track of with the timer.)

Cons:
Harder to go out off stage for edge guards. (Players will be off the screen in bubbles. Puff will have a hard time doing her "Wall of Pain".)
Impossible to see the bottom stem part of Fountain. (Peach will have a hard time doing that stupid bomber thing up the fountain.)

I personally like Fixed Camera Mode, but I can see why people wouldn't. I especially think it's great for doubles though.

What do you guys think? I encourage you to try it during your next friendlies session and post your thoughts here. It may be jarring at first, but give it a few games and you'll get used to it. Do you Fixed Camera Mode will catch on if Melee Light becomes more popular?

Top Bottom