• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fix Super Smash Bros.!

Oracle Link

Smash Champion
I am glad that gimmicks are currently in conversation because its the right way to do a Smash sequel!
Making Bosses and Enemys playable would be amazing just make nothing exclusive to single player!
For example let me create my own Spirit Battles!
Also Fixing the music selection would be pretty cool:

Kirby needs some more not sakurai music!
First remove the remix and use the Original Zero two theme instead!
THIS MASKED DEDEDE THEME:
Use THIS Galacta knight theme:
Star allies may have so much good music but this will have to do:
Because Forgotten land is so popular it gets Preferential treatment:
Meta Knight theme:
Final Boss theme:
Morpho Theme:

Mother really needs more battle themes:
Battle Against a Flipant Foe
Sanctuary Guardian/ battle against a Dangerous Foe
Mother 2 Battle theme Medly
Porky means Buisness/ Cease to exist
The first bit would remain the same while the second part would be remixed! also call it cease to exist!
Mother 3 Battle medly!
Now for the Overworld themes:
Just remove the snowman part from onetts remix
A Happy sounding Tazmilly Remix (this version is called happy town!)
Thats about it!

I might do more later!

Quillion

Smash Master
Make rolls and spotdodges laggier
At fresh, stale, or both? I still think dodge staling is a good way to have actually useful dodges without them being spammable.

make smash attacks laggier, make tilts less laggy
Smashes should probably have greater endlag for the speedsters tbh. Glaciers should have less windup and endlag.

Letting the traditional heavies actually combo with good tilts would be sweet, but I still want them to ditch move staling for combo decay.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
One thing that does baffle me is the script data for Dedede's forward smash. Extended hitboxes can't interpolate, and as a consequence, his forward smash's frame data ends up having blindspots, which is not a good thing to have for an attack that has a lot of start-up lag.

At least Ultimate made fixed knockback hitboxes ignore all knockback modifiers (except for the modifiers that are exclusive to Giga Bowser), so even metallic fighters would end up flinching to such hitboxes.

Last edited:

Quillion

Smash Master
One thing that does baffle me is the script data for Dedede's forward smash. Extended hitboxes can't interpolate, and as a consequence, his forward smash's frame data ends up having blindspots, which is not a good thing to have for an attack that has a lot of start-up lag.

At least Ultimate made fixed knockback hitboxes ignore all knockback modifiers (except for the modifiers that are exclusive to Giga Bowser), so even metallic fighters would end up flinching to such hitboxes.
What do you mean by "interpolate"?

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Okay, so I got some questions…
1. How do you guys think Smash fares as a celebration / gathering of Nintendo All-Stars?
2. How do you guys think Smash fares as a celebration of gaming history?
3. How do you guys think Smash fares as a party game?
4. How do you guys think Smash fares as a fighting game?

…And with that, do you guys think that Smash Bros. would be better of if it committed to one theming and one genre?
1. Up untill Smash 4, decently well. Ultimate focussed too much on third party additions I felt, even if they added big missing first party characters as K.Rool and Ridley.
2. Doing this very well actually I feel, they choose the right third party picks outside of Joker.
3. Not so much, I would prefer if they didn't focus on this aspect too much. Items are ****, free for all will never be balanced and thus shouldn't direct a character's moveset.
4. It's definitely getting better since Smash 4, Ultimate seems to be taken more seriously as fighting game. I think it would be better if they incorperate more traditional fighting game mechanics, and introducing fighting game characters was a good start for this.

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Hero
Honestly, I'd rather almost any proposed Smash spin-off be given to a single series instead of made a crossover. Instead of traditional Smash, give me a traditional Donkey Kong fighter or something.

Quillion

Smash Master
Honestly, I'd rather almost any proposed Smash spin-off be given to a single series instead of made a crossover. Instead of traditional Smash, give me a traditional Donkey Kong fighter or something.
Nintendo vs Capcom shouldn't even be a spin-off. It needs its own identity distinct from Smash.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I'd take anything as a new Donkey Kong game, so in this regard I'll agree.

They could also just do a game like Pokken, and do that with a similar concept of Smash, but not name it Smash.

Quillion

Smash Master
I might as well list my suggestions to improve single-player and additional content. I'll be reiterating a few of these from previously in the thread.

TBH, quite a bit of the individual parts of the meager 1P content in Ultimate are pretty good by themselves. There just needs to be more on top of that.

Spirits
  • Change them to "Spirit Cards" and give them descriptions. The Spirit system is already really good to begin with, but if they're going to replace Trophies, they might as well make them look like IRL collectibles.
Classic Mode
  • Keep it mostly like Ultimate, but with the following additions:
    • Add the ability to play as any character on any other character's route. However, you would have to clear the default route of the character you want to play, and you would have to clear the other character's route to play on it too.
    • Add a "random" route that acts like Melee's. You would have to clear the character's default route before you can play as that character on the random route as well.
Adventure Mode
  • From previously in this thread, it should be divided into several "mini Adventures", like Mario Adventure, Zelda Adventure, Metroid Adventure, Pokémon Adventure, Fire Emblem Adventure, Xenoblade Adventure, etc.

Each Adventure would only be three stages plus a boss, with each being a "summary" of the series as a whole. For example, Mario Adventure would involve running in a grassland, then an underground level, then finally Bowser's Castle, and then you fight Giga Bowser at the end. The other Adventures would be like that in different franchises. Of course, the staple enemies and visuals from each franchise would be represented.
Stage Builder
  • Add some of the props that were in Brawl's plus more on top of that. Also add a square-building option for those who have trouble with steadying their hands.
Other
  • Brawl-style Target Test, but with multiple stages for each difficulty level (three seems good).
  • Bring back the other Multi-Man modes: 10-man (Decade Smash), 3-minute (Endurance Smash), Rival Smash (plus Multiplayer), and Endless.
  • Add a boss rush mode, but only if there are enough bosses to make it work.

Top Bottom