• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fix Meta Knight's On Stage Kill Power

D

Deleted member

Now listen. I don't think Meta Knight is bad or low tier, but his damage output and kill power are abysmal. I swear, he does like 80% less damage than the rest of the cast and it's annoying. Not to mention, his Smash attacks are mostly unsafe, and all his specials have so much lag, that they're almost never useful besides recovery and edgeguarding.

MegaJoseph32123

Smash Cadet
I will agree with you that Meta Knight's damage output is kinda sub-par. But he can string long combos together. (More info about this i'm sure in Meta Knight thread.) But his kill power is not as bad as you say. Yes, getting a raw smash attack is not good with him, but that's not how your supposed to kill with him. You kill by getting your opponent off stage and edgeguarding them. (As his edgegaurd game is sick.) Or you get them to a relatively high percent and combo into an up b on the top of the screen.

D

Deleted member

I will agree with you that Meta Knight's damage output is kinda sub-par. But he can string long combos together. (More info about this i'm sure in Meta Knight thread.) But his kill power is not as bad as you say. Yes, getting a raw smash attack is not good with him, but that's not how your supposed to kill with him. You kill by getting your opponent off stage and edgeguarding them. (As his edgegaurd game is sick.) Or you get them to a relatively high percent and combo into an up b on the top of the screen.
I think his Up-B doesn't connect as well as it should, and whiffing if is pretty much a free smash attack for the opponent

MegaJoseph32123

Smash Cadet
I think his Up-B doesn't connect as well as it should, and whiffing if is pretty much a free smash attack for the opponent
Your right, his up b is hard to land, but I know you can hit it. It's just a matter of figuring out where that first hitbox is and hit em witht that. Because if the first hit hits right, the second should follow up. I don't really know enough about Meta Knight to tell you the best way to do so, but I know it can be done. But there are likely even more ways to kill with Meta Knight that I don't know about.

D

Deleted member

Your right, his up b is hard to land, but I know you can hit it. It's just a matter of figuring out where that first hitbox is and hit em witht that. Because if the first hit hits right, the second should follow up. I don't really know enough about Meta Knight to tell you the best way to do so, but I know it can be done. But there are likely even more ways to kill with Meta Knight that I don't know about.
I use it alot, and hit it often, I just feel that it's rather difficult, especially compared to how it was in Sm4sh. Nevertheless, it's a good recovery move.

MegaJoseph32123

Smash Cadet
I use it alot, and hit it often, I just feel that it's rather difficult, especially compared to how it was in Sm4sh. Nevertheless, it's a good recovery move.
Indeed. I would recommend searching for threads about "How to kill with Meta Knight". Or if your looking for something specific, make a thread asking that. Nevertheless, happy smashing.

TheSkillMythos

Smash Cadet
Switch FC
SW-4208-5476-7796
Now listen. I don't think Meta Knight is bad or low tier, but his damage output and kill power are abysmal. I swear, he does like 80% less damage than the rest of the cast and it's annoying. Not to mention, his Smash attacks are mostly unsafe, and all his specials have so much lag, that they're almost never useful besides recovery and edgeguarding.
I agree, his attacks have extremely low attack power and his specials leave him very vulnerable (besides his teleport if you don't attack). However, the main strategy with Meta Knight is to use your neutrals/grabs (which are extremely fast) to try to knock your opponent into the air or off the edge and then just edge guard them.
Meta Knight is one of the best edge guarders in this game, and you can absolutely destroy opponents when used correctly. Because his up/down aerials have weak knock-back, it is possible to juggle your opponents very high up and finish them off with Shuttle Loop, or you can juggle them off the edge, use your up/down/neutral aerials, and then use Mach Tornado to KO them (it works even when your opponent has low percentage). This strategy requires a lot of precision and timing, so you may need practice for this.
The only characters that Meta Knight is weak to are zoning characters (especially Mega Man), and trying to edge guard characters with good recovery (like Joker) can be difficult sometimes.

Last edited:

Eyemoon

Smash Rookie
Did you say that he's smashes is unsafe I think mks fsmash is one of the best one in the game

TheSkillMythos

Smash Cadet
Switch FC
SW-4208-5476-7796
I think one change they can add to Meta Knight is to make his teleport + attack leave him less vulnerable (better attack cancellation). I mean, Sheik creates an explosion when she teleports!
I also think that up-air and neutral-up could have bigger hitboxes (because the hitboxes are so tiny, I prefer to offstage-juggle with forward and backwards air attacks)

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

greninjas side b-> no free fall
mk down b-> free fall

we got shafted boys.

Top Bottom