• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Five More Stages possibly in Super Smash Bros. Ultimate

fivesmashultimate.jpg

CoroCoro magazine recently ran a feature on Super Smash Bros. Ultimate, where it was mentioned that the game will have 108 stages in total (Translated by Source Gaming).

This is five more stages than the previous August Super Smash Bros. Ultimate direct. While this does not confirm any newcomers heading to Super Smash Bros. Ultimate, it's possible that these some of these new stages are coupled up with characters, or returning stages that have yet to be seen - It's also possible these are new stages without any character attached.

SourceGaming author @epicmartin7 made a mockup of the stage select screen with five extra slots taken in space that was previously blank; the new stages would cover all the extra space on the bottom right with one empty slot.

Author's Note: What are your thoughts on the most recent development? Assuming these five new stages are in, are you excited? What would you like to see? Let us know in the comments below!

Lucas "Thirdkoopa" Guimaraes

Comments

It's important to note that this could very easily be a slip-up on CoroCoro's part. Famitsu (and, iirc, Nintendo Dream?) have the same information and screenshots as CoroCoro, but with a figure of 103 stages instead of 108. Additionally, the information in these three reports is, outside of CoroCoro's 108 stage statement, taken entirely from what we already got in the August direct. In other words, the 108-stage count is a suspicious outlier in a magazine whose information otherwise matches up perfectly with other sources, including the Smash direct.

source

I'm more inclined to believe that this is Corocoro just making a mistake. It really seems like somebody handwrote a note to someone else and forgot to stop halfway through the 8.

I agree with Munomario777 that it could simply be an error, but thinking optimistically that it might not be:

If there are more newcomers coming without a home stage already shown, we could get those. Not knowing what those would be, and based on the series already included, I'd like to see:

Ancestral Steppe (currently implied only as a boss stage), Monster Hunter
Steam Gardens, Super Mario Odyssey (yes, I know we already have New Donk City Hall)
An icy Snowmad stage, Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze

Then other ideas, not based on current fighters, but I think are viable for inclusion:
Minecraft, Minecraft
An Okami stage, Okami
A Nintendo Switch (I know it sounds a bit out there, but I was thinking back to Mario Kart: Double Dash when a GameCube was a battle stage. That was essentially a big square, but a Switch could be a unique transforming stage. That is more or less the point of the console after all. It could change between docked, undocked, joy cons on, joy cons off, just a joy con, pro controller, etc. I'm not suggesting it be constantly changing or require as much maneuvering as say Poke Floats, but parts of the Switch 'bundle' would slide on or off screen every 45-60 sec.)

The css lines up perfectly with this number, and even the website has a perfect slot for 5 more stages. It may be a slip-up on corocoro, but I totally believe there are 108 stages.

King K Rool Stage, new Animal Crossing stage possible, since it was confirmed Bethesda contacted Nintendo over Smash Bros possible DOOM or Skyrim stage (Maybe both if we get one Bethesda character but Bethesda is fine with having a stage from their other games, like how Animal Crossing stages were in Smash Brawl but not Villager) Possible new Awakening and Metroid stages for the new echo fighters??? Definitely expecting a new Xenoblade Chronicles 2 stage even if Pyrrah/Rex dont come to Smash Ultimate.

Is is not in Ultimate yet :O?
Nope. I thought it was. That's stupid that it's not. We'd have five Metroid stages. Brinstar, Brinstar Depths, Norfair, Frigate Orpheon, and then Pyrosphere. Don't do us dirty like that, Sakurai. One cool stage that could have been viable because of the option without hazards.

Just another example of how the community has determined one aspect of Speculation is the word of God/s, until it's just not suddenly.

I honestly think corocoro just made a mistake, mainly because the number of stages (excluding all the Smash Bros. originals) is a perfect 100, which just sounds really good.

I really want Pokefloats back though.

The Corocoro leak and the stage display by themselves could just be coincidences but both of them combined seems more like a pattern to me. Still a weak connection but it is there to say the least

If it's not on the base roster, I fully believe Poke Floats will be DLC. Please let this 108 thing be real so Poke Floats doesn't have to be DLC.

It was obvious that 103 wasn't the final counts. It makes me laugh to see all the people that thought the opposite.
I mean, he did talk about it in a way that made it sound an awful lot like a final count. Like, "If you exclude Battlefield, Final Destination, and Big Battlefield, we have exactly one hundred." and etc

A Banjo-Kazooie stage... are your ears not crying for this reality? Can you not hear the slow strumming and build up already?!

D:

Banjo-Kazooie is the only pipe dream I have left- judging by the mii costume into Ultimate character inclusion so far, Geno is guaranteed to me already... and I have semi high hopes for skull kid (please ffs don't be a boss)

Honest question. Why does everyone love Pokefloats so much? I've seen it mentioned everywhere. Personally, I've always strongly disliked it.

Again, it's an honest question. I seriously do want to understand the appeal.
It's wacky and makes for some good (and dumb) fun when not playing serious. Plus, I just want to see what they do with the omega and battlefield versions.

I mean, he did talk about it in a way that made it sound an awful lot like a final count. Like, "If you exclude Battlefield, Final Destination, and Big Battlefield, we have exactly one hundred." and etc
I can understand... but there were obvious clues that hinted the other way (see below). I will clarify something, the ones that thought it at first didn't make me laugh unlike the ones that didn't seems to understand their mistakes.
  • The lack of any information regarding the Stage Builder in the Stage Select Screen.
  • The empty slots that couldn't be let empty for ergonomic purposes.
  • Sakurai confirmed the inclusion of more newcomers, meaning that they won't show their stages before (that would screw their announcements).

Far as I've heard, Corocoro has still not issued any corrections or any other statements since the issue's release, correct? The fact that we've gone this long and they haven't done anything to act like the number posted was a mistake seems to point toward its legitimacy...

Top Bottom