• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

First Footage of Roy and Ryu Found In Leak!

SmashProNova

Smash Rookie
NNID
LightDashSpdster
Late last night, the latest patch for Smash Bros for Wii U/3DS was accidentally released early in Japan. It was promptly taken down - but not before hackers and dataminers analyzed the new patch, and found footage of two new characters, Ryu and Roy! Both videos are short, as the footage found was of each character's Classic Mode victory short. Take a look!

Ryu's Victory Theme

Roy's Victory Theme
What remains to be seen is whether these two characters will be available come tomorrow when Lucas is released, or if they will still not be available until a later date. Either way, it's exciting to see these two new characters in action!

What do you think about this? Are you sad that the surprise has been ruined? Or just excited to see footage of new characters? Make your voice heard in the comments below!

The Derrit doesn't like leaks, but given there was already evidence of this leak in the past, it's not as bad as it usually is. Chat with him on Twitter at @TheDerrit.

Zapster

Smash Apprentice
And Mario has a Wario pallette yet the latter himself has been in two games now and with his original overalls too. Don't see the problem there honestly with Wolf being in despite Fox's pallette based on him.

Yes, just like they can add Daisy even though she's a Peach palette swap. I think characters look different especially since in this game they didn't really do the alternate skin thing expect for 2 characters..

I'm still pretty pissed Dark Pit is a thing. SAKURAI gets all pissy if you call him out on having preferential treatment to balancing the characters, but he certainly adds who he likes. IMO Dark Samus (though I don't really even like that), but in comparison she would've been better than Dark Pit. Shoot Pit already has a Dark Pit palette swap!

Given Daisy was the Smash series' first alternate costume as she appeared in Melee as an alternate costume for Peach that had a lot of subtle differences, I'm just shocked she wasn't made an alternate for Peach or given the Dr. Mario/ Lucina treatment. If Dr. Mario is supposed to be the throwback for Melee players, as is Roy from the looks of it (he appears to have Marth's original long range from Melee which has been severely nerfed in this game... Thankfully)... Where's the throwback to Peach players!? Peach was actually one of the best Melee characters too so she's certainly deserving of a clone, assuming Daisy would be that and not just original

Last edited:

S_B

Too Drunk to Smash
Switch FC
SW 5369-1969-6280
>Mario, Luigi, Dr. Mario
smash players: ok
>Fox, Falco, Wolf
smash players: ok
>Marth, Roy, Lucina
smash players: nO ABSOLUTELY NOT too many MARTHS I demand REFUND BOYCOTT SAKURAI
I think it depends upon how unique Roy's moveset is. Really, all I care about is having more unique movesets in the game.

Also, people complained like crazy about Wolf. Just do a search for "landmaster" memes if you've forgotten. ;)

ChronoPenguin

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4253-4494-4458
If you were going to eventually put Roy in Sakurai then wtf was the point of making Lucina, now we have 3 Marths because we all know Sakurai won't declone him.

Last edited:

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
Because Dark Pit is a likable character with personality.
Roy is an a$$hole and a little sh*t. He is the worst lord in the FE series.

Also

>Lucas
>clone

LOL.
Clones are clones, and Lucas is a clone. "Semi-clones" don't exist, clones aren't 100% the same by definition. Not even Dark Pit is 100% the same.

Last edited:

luke_ario

Smash Journeyman
NNID
lukeario13
Anyway, happy to see they are confirmed... Let's hope that there's other surprise from Sakurai tomorow other than these two. And Lucas.
Please, let it be one more unknown DLC character-- ;;
watch it be king k rool... :dk::dk::dk::dk::dk::dk: EXPAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAND

Last edited:

Riverside J

Smash Rookie
At least, it's fine for Melee fans but I still don't see the point of adding Roy to this roster... We already had 4 FE characters and he won't add any original things to the gameplay.

And Ryu, I'm not hype at all for a character who has so little link to Nintendo and comes from another fighting game. Basically nothing great to expect for his gameplay.

Now, I'm just hoping there won't be only Wolf after that 'cause I want to see an ORIGINAL character :/
Street Fighter has hella history with Nintendo. It was big on SNES, Capcom vs SNK 2 was on Gamecube, SF4 on 3DS. As a long time Street Fighter player, I'm happy to see this.

Mister Green Bean

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
4184-2442-5864
Roy? Okay, cool, yeah, he's back, in all his T3H PH1R3 glory. This is more of a freebie than anything, and likely didn't require much effort, and thus can be added as a bonus.

Ryu's interesting...I guess. I don't really know. I just hope he doesn't play too similarly to Little Mac.

All in all...meh. Doesn't really affect me as I have no interest in picking up either character. Probably doesn't affect match-ups much, especially Roy since he's already so similar to Marth.

SmashBro99

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4957-2747-2945
Ryu:

Roy:

I love Fire Emblem, but ****. 3 Marths. Roy fangirls are happy atleast.

The Light Music Club

Smash Master
NNID
_TLMC_
3DS FC
0576-6097-0725
Seriously, I'm so sick of the Fire Emblem hate. I hate the fact that people are still complaining about clone characters, when they take no effort to make, and are just bonuses. I mean we could just have Ryu, and you know, NO one else... That would be more fun right? Take out the extra character, and spoil all the Roy fan's dreams.

TaichiYaegashi

Smash Ace
Congrats to Roy supporters, I'm happy for you (even though I admittedly could care less for him)!

Casval

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RX-104
I think both of these characters are good in that they're adding to the ranks of characters that need to face off hand to hand. At least people should be happy about that.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
im so glad roy and ryu leak is done now its official

and as for tomorrow

watch dlc character number 3 not be ryu or roy and be wolf or king k rool or *cough*Ridley*cough* or someone else

ps casvals profile pic reminded me

can't wait to see that very last roy rejected comic from who ever makes those

Last edited:

slambros

Smash Ace
Darn it. It's not a surprise anymore.

That being said, I'm getting those characters. Ryu is awesome, and Roy (dropping all factors) is also awesome.

Ryu Myuutsu

Smash Champion
NNID
BahamurShin
3DS FC
3668-9945-1996
Out of curiosity. What is Ryu going to be able to bring to Smash what Little Mac already hasn't? And please don't say it's because Little Mac is a Boxer and Ryu is a Martial Arts fighter.
A better question is: Why are you even comparing both of them as if one made the other redundant? And please don't say it's because they both use their fists to attack.

Sen. Sawft

Professional Laundry Folder
NNID
Sawft
3DS FC
4940-6793-4197
Awesome! I can't wait to play Marth for a 3RD TIME in Sm4sh!

JimmyHedgehog

Smash Cadet
NNID
JimmyHedgehog
3DS FC
3497-0193-6314
Technically he was in Brawl lol. Dark Pit is a waste to me, there is no way anyone can justify him and simultaneously hate on Roy. It's hypocritical.
While I kind of see your point, Dark Pit is actually a literal clone in the series' canon (well, doppelganger, but you get the point), which actually justifies why he plays almost the same (almost rather than fully because of arrow curve and electroshock arm's different knock-back). From what I know, Roy on the other hand..not really.

Last edited:

Pariahus

Smash Rookie
How reliable is the info here? I'm sad about both these characters if its legit, We don't need 3 marths as has been said quite a few times, and ryu has his own strong series to go muck around in, I imagine he'd be lil mac with sheiks airgame based on the megapain I had to deal with in mvc3

TaichiYaegashi

Smash Ace
Damn, the salt is so strong right now.

Can you guys just be happy for the supporters of said characters?

No? Ok......

Top Bottom