• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

First Ever Smash Tourny in CONNECTICUT, a Leisure Event February 11th - RESULTS IN!!

Brookman

Smash Hero
I'd guess somewhere around 40 people will be attending at the moment...that's alot of $$$$$

Brookman

Smash Hero
it'll probably be crowded...but they have done halo tournies with like 60 people...so we'll see :)

Jcent22

Smash Apprentice
you get more then 40 people beacue you will get the people form ny ande ri and ma and the toury that i went to in ny people came from nj just to play so people wil love that theres more tourys poping up you shouldnt put down smash like that these more people then you know

P.c. Chris

Smash Lord
Yeah as long as MLG finals dont fall on this date i should be able to go, i'll see if Wes wants to come but im def gunna bring sockninja and mofo since this is pretty close to me

omegablackmage

Certified Lion Rider
i aint puttin nothin down, i just don't wanna see him get hyped up and think "OMG THere's gunna be a thousand people there" and not as many people show up as planned. A good chunk of people post and can never find a ride, etc, lots of stuff happens... so i aint puttin nothin down

shminkledorf

Smash Ace
On the topic of people coming: I just got confirmation from my ride a day or 3 ago, and will be coming with Joseith and hopefully 2 others.
And also just making sure: it doesn't say in first post, but i want to be positive that there's no advance slob picks/DSR, correct?

Brookman

Smash Hero
are you sure? cause we took the mlg rules I believe...I'll check...later....

yea, cort killed them apparently...good riddence

Aiser

Smash Lord
I found a ride, just need to go over the basics with him (such as times and stuff) with him so I'm most definatly comming. not like it would be a big loss anyway =p

Cort

Apple Head
I get to finally meet shminkle. :laugh:

Can't wait for this. I haven't seen a lot of fellow smashers in a long time. It should be great...

PC I'll MM your uh... Pichu? >_> $5

:embarrass

Brookman

Smash Hero
omg PC's pichu is too sick >_> me and cort will be making an appearence ad digital mayhem this weekend to sign autographs and MAYBE play some matches.... I'll post the date, either friday night or saturday afternoon...or sunday not sure yet XD

so yea, ric and joe come down and get some practice. :)

shminkledorf

Smash Ace
C'mon PC, $5 Falco dittos, free cash for you XD
And holy crap Cort, your right, I finally get to meet you, I haven't even talked to you in ages.
And Brookman, I'll see what I can do. I'ma do my best to get down to Digital Mayhem and beat your *****.

unknownforce

Smash Lord
Any word on if there will be time for teams? It would be much more fun to have two events imo. Also, how is the pot being distrubuted? After seeing what happened to DA having to give 50% of their pot to the **** greedy store, its a question worth asking lol.

Brookman

Smash Hero
well, unfortunately we are in a similar situatio ;_;

1st: 50%
2nd: 10%

house: 40%

I tried to get it 50/20/30 but eh...I'll talk to the guy about teams, I am going to the store this weekend to talk to the guy and play some people so hopefully everything works out...

I'm sure there will be tons of nooby emo kids who enter just for the hell of it becuase the store is in the mall, where all the emo kids hang out. so I'm pretty sure it will be big #s if we get at least 20 people from smash boards, I'm sure there will be a bunch of random emonewbs who enter too.

Aiser

Smash Lord
You know whast funnier then an emo kid? and emo gammer cause they're the worst..>_>;

Jcent22

Smash Apprentice
this toury better be worth it and not some **** that ****ing stoners come to because they have time i want a good fight from ever one that is going cause i know that 2 of the 4 swords men will be there for a fight

Samusexplorer

Smash Apprentice
omg black mages...... party on. and in control of whatever is happening will be the 1st and 2nd part of the way im showing up. but likely not.

rawsex88

Smash Ace
Jcent22 said:
this toury better be worth it and not some **** that ****ing stoners come to because they have time i want a good fight from ever one that is going cause i know that 2 of the 4 swords men will be there for a fight
fights consist of two or more people engaging in combat. In your case, it wouldn't be classified under "fight", it would be a lopsided battle. fights usually involve physical or verbal abuse in some cases. Anyways, you in a match would not be a fight. It would be target practice. People would probably concentrate on how fast they can beat you rather than trying at all. I hope i can set a new record when i face you, i mean beat you. Now..... this is junk talk jcent. You are not competition and you wussed out at unknownforce's house. Wuss. Lmao.

unknownforce

Smash Lord
Something tells me the 4 swordsman will not make this. Hell, they didn't even make a tournament they assured me they would all be to that I had planned on a day that was good for all of them and they don't even live that far from me?? Lol makes me think their chances of going to this are slim to none.

rawsex88

Smash Ace
well lowell informed me that they already rented the hotel room so i think they are going to be there. But i guess they don't know about housing? lmao :chuckle:

Jcent22

Smash Apprentice
well you what unknown you should have given a little more notice some of us have jobs to wrok and cant drop then that easy i had to work form 4am to 4pm and i had to watch my kids so if any one has a problem with that then at the ct toury you come say it to my face and see what happens if you talk **** about my family

SockNinja

Smash Journeyman
Jcent22 said:
well you what unknown you should have given a little more notice some of us have jobs to wrok and cant drop then that easy i had to work form 4am to 4pm and i had to watch my kids so if any one has a problem with that then at the ct toury you come say it to my face and see what happens if you talk **** about my family
okay I will.

Brookman

Smash Hero
chill the **** out, I'm not going to have a bunch of *****es comign to my event and ruining it with trivial squabbles. come and **** my tourny up and meet "knees go here" ok? so if you want to copme to start a fight don't come at all.

Top Bottom