• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

First Ever Smash Tourny in CONNECTICUT, a Leisure Event February 11th - RESULTS IN!!

Cort

Apple Head
RESULTS

1 Kyle Faust (Unknownforce)
2 David Fu (Lock)
3 Michael Brookman
4 Cort
5 Greenhunter
5 Omegablackmage
7 Gfab
7 Srod
9 Justin Harriot
9 Travis Bish
9 Jsmooth
9 Alex Kanakis
13 Richard Ngo
13 Jose Silvio
13 Greek Heat
13 Lillian Chen
17 Anthony Reakes
17 Andrew Battaline
17 Jake Kulinski
17 Scott Savino
17 Eric Hadam2
17 Eric Hadan
17 Derek Hunter
17 Matt Royack
25 Max Korrick
25 Josh Maslar
25 John Owens
25 Dan Greco
25 Kyle Valencia
25 Ryan Johnson
25 Sebastian Parato
25 John Theriault
33 Ben Wettmock

FESTICLE -1-
Name Courtesy of Brookman

This will be the first of [hopefully] many 1v1 smash tournies held in Connecticut, all located at:

Digital Mayhem (iGames)
470 Lewis Ave (Meriden Square Mall)
Meriden, CT 06451
Tel. 203-235-4263

Entrance fee is $15.
Warm ups/Registration from 10 am - 12 pm.
Tourny starts at 12 pm SHARP.

Rules

(primarily taken from major tournaments)

-> Double Elimination
-> All matches are best of 3, with finals as best of 5.
-> 4 stock/8 minute limit
-> Ties broken by lives/percentage
-> Items off

Stages:

-> Stages limited to the 6 neutral stages for random, others open for counterpicks.
-> Neutral stages: Final Destination, Battlefield, Yoshi's Story, Fountain of Dreams, Kirby 64, Pokemon Stadium
-> Stages banned: Hyrule Temple, Fourside, Flatzone, Brinstar Depths, Icicle Mountain, Yoshi's Island 64, Big Blue, Yoshi's Island and Termina

Other:

-> Controller mods of ANY kind (short-hop mod, L-trigger mod, etc), except for cosmetic changes (paint job, different colored plastic), are banned. If you are caught using a banned controller you will be disqualified from the tournament.
-> Glitches used to stop your opponent from controlling their character or indefinitely freezing them (Mewtwo's Soul Stunner, the Ice Climber freeze glitch), or any glitch or trick that freezes the match or makes it in any way unfinishable are banned. Using them will result in the immediate forfeit of the match.
-> Tactics such as Peach's Wallbombing and Jiggly's Rising Pound are allowed as methods of recovery or to manuever around the stage. Using them (or any similar tactics) to excessively stall a match, such as droping below levels intentionally and stalling underneath, is banned.
-> You are responsible to BRING YOUR OWN CONTROLLER.

---

So, post if you think you or your crew is interested in going! :chuckle:

Brookman

Smash Hero
omg awesome, I'm glad you used my name...after the third tournament we can change it to something else XD

alright, well, sounds good to me, hopefully we get a good amount of participation.

oh yea, I've got like 3-5 people who will play...now we'll just have to get better, really fast

Joseith

Smash Cadet
^ I'll get a ride from him if I have to covertly sneak into his trunk at night. This is gonna be crazy. By the way, what are we going to do for the fourth tourny?!

Brookman

Smash Hero
at the moment it is just 1v1, as for entrance fee I think we agreed on 15$

the # of people that attend and the better this one goes will determine the future of these tournaments, so bring your friends and blahblahblah

I'll hopefully be getting more info throughout the week

****ty banner to match tourny:

Ganon's junk for ze win

Shy Guy

BRoomer
BRoomer
I'm coming. This will be my second Smash tourney, so of course I won't do well. However, I'd like to meet some new people and play some Smash...So yeah, see you guys there!

Cort

Apple Head
Actually, this seems to already have a pretty good outcome for such short notice. Plus we expect many scrubs to attend because the place is gonna advertise around for a while, so yay.

Lol Brookman, nice sig. Cept the pics are the worst quality ever. >_>

Brookman

Smash Hero
well, we're gonna see how this tourny goes, and if it's good maybe we'll doo a team tourny next time around, all the pictures are faded so that I could fit them all in, and also they are in the middle of hits so the screens were all shaking, especially the knee

unknownforce

Smash Lord
No time for teams? I'm sure more people will come with both a singles and teams tournament =0

Brookman

Smash Hero
well, I talked to the big guy about a team tourny and hopefully he'll respond...I'm sure anything that brings more people will be cool with him.

Brookman

Smash Hero
sorry unkown, but teams aren't a sure thing. Our host has never done a smash tourny before so he wants to do one and see how things go. actually I'll just quote him

"I really don’t know enough to tell you how long a 1v1 will go but if
there is time after we can do a 2v2also. anyway after this first one ill
have a better idea of how long etc. and what we could do for the next
one. im thinking that feb 11 would be a good date for it"

but please come anyway, cause I want you to show me your moves

Cort

Apple Head
I emailed whoever is going to read the email I send to Digital Mayhem regarding the date. He predicted it to be February 11th, but that's way too far from now and isn't during the college break.

It seems we already have a fair turnout for such a short period of time that this topic has been up for. No need to flood the place with scrubs that have no clue what they're doing.

m i rite? :embarrass

Brookman

Smash Hero
:mad: I just shot my foot with a shotgun omgZ!

how do I make it back to the stage when I fall off? what does the A button do?

well, if we do get scrubs that means money matches for everyone! and potential new players. so as long as they aren't uber scrubs and actually interested in the game I say let them come. plus the more players the more money the winner gets

m i rite :embarrass

Cort

Apple Head
I guess. But I'm more concerned about smash. Quick. Tournies in CT. Fast. Naooo.

Also Brookman, where's the ganon crotch version of your terrible siggy?

m i rite? :embarrass

omegawhitemage

BRoomer
BRoomer
Ok, now that there is a date we will be there. I'm sure unknown will as well, so the competition will be fierce indeed. Can't wait.

MM's anyone??

Ryukaider

Smash Rookie
Brookman, that date is too far away and it's not during break and will be harder to make it. Yeah, I'll still be there though.

Also, the person to reply 2 posts from now has an awesome signature banner.

Skrizo

Smash Rookie
Hey did i reply next? awesome, do i win by having an awesome signature banner? wait do i even have a signature banner?? Man i wish i could go to that smash tournament.

_milktea

Smash Lord
eep! february 11th is quite far >>; it shall be tough getting a ride on a saturday.

i hope lots of bad people go so i don't feel like crudmuffins. woop woop~

Cort

Apple Head
Woops, this tourny happened a lil over 10 months ago. :embarrass

I hope Digital Mayhem can fit us all in it. Seems like there's gonna be a lot of people there.

Skrizo

Smash Rookie
Ryukaider said:
Brookman, that date is too far away and it's not during break and will be harder to make it. Yeah, I'll still be there though.

Also, the person to reply 2 posts from now has an awesome signature banner.

**** you scott. We don't edit our posts just to make sense. OMG HACKS!

anyways, i wish i could go but i'm kinda out of the way.

Skrizo

Smash Rookie
Oh snap, I didn't know the filtered out words on this forum.. maaann..... I said **** in that last post but now that its filtered out it looks like i said ****. oh wait, you wont be able to see what curses i'm spewing out. ****

Brookman

Smash Hero
skrizo stop spamming our tourny thread!

edit: we're up to like 25 people now...give or take

Joseith

Smash Cadet
Hey, if shminkledorf doesn't mind, I might bring my brother who is worse than anything. That'll insure that no one will feel bad for coming in last (probably gonna be me). You can just walk all over him. Shminkledorf is bringing 3+ plus people with him, so this'll be really fun.

Top Bottom