• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fire Spike Setup

Abel SSB

Smash Cadet
This is most likely not a real thing. But are there setups into fire spike or is it just kind of pointless.

ihasabuket

Smash Journeyman

Benny P

Smash Journeyman
So, what part is actually the fire spike? there's a lot of misconceptions i hear about this, i mean A LOT. If any one can devise a concrete answer that would be awesome. For example, people say the fire spike is the top of the head, but whenever i come close to doing it, i'm sorta hitting them around y.links elbow area.

ihasabuket

Smash Journeyman
It's kinda hard to explain you'd have to know about hitbox priority. Watch kadanos videos. Basically the hitbox is the highest one which is on his head but reaches to the hilt of his sword. Some of the lower hitboxes have higher priority so those hit instead when both hitboxes make contact.

Last edited:

Abel SSB

Smash Cadet
It's very small and only like an 6th of the whole hitbox on his head. More near his hat then anything.

Benny P

Smash Journeyman
Thanks. Aiming with the hat made it WAY easier. I'll make sure to implement this into my play. Early Fire Spike kills could really help YL a lot.

Top Bottom