• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fire Emblem: The Discussion Thread (keep FE Fates story under spoilertags)

Jam Stunna

Writer of Fortune
BRoomer
3DS FC
0447-6552-1484
I just beat Awakening about twenty minutes ago. I did first-run Hard Mode andI really enjoyed it, although the story didn't have much on FE 6/7.

I feel like a noob because I didn't do any re-classing at all, just raised my units to level 20, promoted them and raised them to 20 again. Tharja/Noire carried the endgame for me; I think I cleared the last six or seven maps with just them and Chrom hiding in a corner somewhere.

I may try Lunatic Mode eventually, but I have a bunch of other DS games to play.

~Firefly~

Smash Hero
It's k, Second Seals are a little broken anyway. Though if you do decide to try Lunatic mode, you are going to need every bit of help you can get; the jump in difficulty from Hard to Lunatic is significant.

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
It's k, Second Seals are a little broken anyway. Though if you do decide to try Lunatic mode, you are going to need every bit of help you can get; the jump in difficulty from Hard to Lunatic is LOONEY.
Fixed that for you. Significant is understating it.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Here is what they mean:

EVERY SINGLE UNIT MUST BE BABIED EXCEPT FREDDICK. MyUnit needs least babying and +def MyUnit can replace freddy by chapter 1 (replace as in hog the exp instead of wasting it on freddy)

I want to know who play tested lunatic mode and let that monstery of the first 4 levels go through like that

Its just really restrictive in execution early on. You legitimately have a reason to use Fredrick this time around and all the other sort of items you get like Virion's Elixir. Why give Fredrick a Silver Lance so early when he already kills everything with normal weapons anyway? Because in lunatic Silver Lance is just enough to OHKO some enemies while enough to weaken others in a single hit. By the time you get past chapter 5, the restrictions drop pretty dramatically.

Gamegenie222

Space Pheasant Dragon Tactician
NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
Severa is way too childish and spoiled at times when you look at her support conversations with her father but she still kind of cool but I like her mother way more.

Also Cynthia da best.

Gamegenie222

NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
Just finally got Shadow Dragons on the DS after a long wait. Now all I need left is Fire Emblem 7, Path of Radiance and Radiant Dawn untill I have all of the games in the U.S. I'll play when I get done finishing Awakening which I'm at the final chapter and finish all of the DLC and spotpass missions.

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
Ch. 28: This took quite a few tries. One of which ended with Ursula doubling Zephiel with Bolting on the final turn. (/wrists) Had to field the all-star team to get it done. Hector, Eliwood, Pris, Serra, Ninian, Guy, Heath, Florina, Raven, Legault. Bum-rushed down the left side. Guy, Eliwood, Heath ganged up on Maxime to kill him with Lance-reavers. Several of the foot units were carried along for a lot of the top part. Raven and Pris dealt with the fighters to the east, then kited the Hero backwards as Raven was healed and the pair followed behind the rest of the group. Florina, Eliwood, Serra, Guy and NPC Jaffar did a hard dive into the bottom section where the re-enforcements pile up, but Eliwood is godlike and blew down a ton of them. Legault got all 4 chests and managed to steal the Earth Seal from the Druid. Last 2-3 turns were a bit touch-and-go since Ursula starts moving, but she fortunately decided to try to peg people with Bolting from long-range instead of moving up. Nino recruited without trouble, and conditions for 28x met.

Turn Count: 254 (+4)

CARRY MEEEEEEE

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
That's why I took the photo on my Gameboy Micro that this is being played on.

Like I said, the first 2-3 levels he had I reset if they were awful, but past like Chapter 15 it became totally impractical to RNG abuse anything.

No stat-up items, though.

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
Wait, damn it, Justin, you're right! He isn't legit. I have 2 possible explanations.

The first is that he used the magic basketball from Space Jam to steal Sain's powers, because look at this piece of hot garbage.

The second is that he has an extremely convincing cosplay going on:

Gamegenie222

NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
Finally beat Awakening and had the Avatar deal the final blow to Grima and it was annoying cause I kept on dying to criticals and such :( . Now to beat the DLC and spotpass missions and then work on Lunatic mode and Shadow Dragons.

NickRiddle

#negativeNick
Wait, damn it, Justin, you're right! He isn't legit. I have 2 possible explanations.

The first is that he used the magic basketball from Space Jam to steal Sain's powers, because look at this piece of hot garbage.

The second is that he has an extremely convincing cosplay going on:

The Ephraim head.
Holy **** I'm going to sue you, and use the money to pay for my funeral because I'm ****ing dead.

camerino1

Smash Lord
So I'm going through another playthrough of 7 because Raziek inspired me with his HHM run. My Heath is the most broken thing I've had in this game to date. I gave him Afa's drops at level 11 because his first 4 level ups were +5 each. All of his level ups have been at least +3 so far. He's level 21
HP = 41
Str = 20
Skl = 21
Spd = 19
Lck = 10
Def = 17
Res = 6

None of my other units are quite that good, but my Dorcas does have a speed stat somehow. Canas also has really odd stats. Everything falls between 13 and 17. This is also my first play through using Rebecca, who I have paired with Lowen. She's so goooooooooood. Lowen also turned out snazzy and spiffy, having redonkulous defence. It's been a fun play through so far and I'm at level 26, so time to get Nino and Jaffar :D

Jam Stunna

Writer of Fortune
BRoomer
3DS FC
0447-6552-1484
Canas was so broken in my playthrough. I think he one-hit KO'd Nergal
and the dragon.

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
Filla's Might. It can be done.

Updates!

Ch. 28x: Deployed: Hector, Nino, Eliwood, Serra, Pris, Raven, Guy, Florina, Heath, Ninian, Jaffar, Legault. Stole Blue Gem/Angelic Robe, got all the chests. Became much more manageable once I get the status-staff guys down, and Sonia broke her Bolting ATTEMPTING to hit Eliwood. Didn't have any trouble with the walkways. 20-turn clear. (-8)

Turn Count: 274 (-4)

Current Oswin-o-meter rating: 4 Funds, 5 Everything Else.

~Firefly~

Smash Hero
So I'm going through another playthrough of 7 because Raziek inspired me with his HHM run. My Heath is the most broken thing I've had in this game to date. I gave him Afa's drops at level 11 because his first 4 level ups were +5 each. All of his level ups have been at least +3 so far. He's level 21
HP = 41
Str = 20
Skl = 21
Spd = 19
Lck = 10
Def = 17
Res = 6

None of my other units are quite that good, but my Dorcas does have a speed stat somehow. Canas also has really odd stats. Everything falls between 13 and 17. This is also my first play through using Rebecca, who I have paired with Lowen. She's so goooooooooood. Lowen also turned out snazzy and spiffy, having redonkulous defence. It's been a fun play through so far and I'm at level 26, so time to get Nino and Jaffar :D
I feel like Razzy is going to have weird dreams about your Heath.

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
I feel like Razzy is going to have weird dreams about your Heath.
It IS a really amazing Heath, considering he doesn't have HHM bonuses. :o

Also, Cog of Destiny is haaaaard.

Edit: @ The Above marriage question:

Tharja

Gaius: My personal pick. Gives Noire Peg (Galeforce), Myrm, Thief. I usually do an Assassin build with this one.
Vaike: If you really want Armsthrift. Gives Merc/Thief, so lacks Galeforce.
Donny: Merc/Peg, so lacks Assassin. Donny is better with Sully, though.
Gregor: Gives Myrm/Merc, but lacks Peg. Gregor is better with Cherche IMHO.

Cherche

Gregor: Razzy's choice. Gives Merc/Myrm/Barb, all of which Gerome lacks. Gives insane strength mods and makes for an awesome support Berserker build.
Stahl: 2nd-best choice. Trades the destructive power of Zerker for Cavalier, which gives you Luna access. Lacks Mercenary, though.
Every other choice for Cherche is usually best used elsewhere.

Lissa

Depends on what you want to do with Owain.

Physical Options
Stahl: Cavalier for Luna, makes a decent support Paladin build.
Fred: Same general idea. More classes, but worse modifiers.

Magic
Ricken: Probably the best overall pick. Gives him Luna AND Mage + Great mods.
Libra/Henry: Same general idea, but they don't have Cavalier. Owain really likes to have Luna.

Nowi:

Donny: Merc/Peg, if you don't give Donny to Sully.
Gaius: Myrm/Peg, if you don't give Gaius to Tharja. I don't usually do this one though, because Nah's already really slow. Patching it up with a fast character tends to be worse than just going for a crazy defensive build.
Vaike: My personal pick now. Gives her Knight/Merc and great mods, for excellent defensive build.
Stahl: If you want Luna I guess?
Fred: Luna/Knight and defensive, but the speed is awful (-3).
Kellam: If you want ALL the defense.

Last edited:

~Firefly~

Smash Hero
Playing FE6 Hard Mode, and I'm on the last chapter before the fight with the Dark Dragon. On my second attempt (first one ended when Gonzales got eaten by a 1% Manakete crit at full health), I had defeated the boss and was clearing out the rest of the Manaketes that come in from behind, just because I can. Long story short, I ended my turn before moving Lance into position because I simply forgot, and Dieck, who had the Durandal equipped next to a pile of Manaketes herded up together, kept ORKOing them and died because he had to take 5-6 attacks in one turn.

I'm pretty salty.

Gamegenie222

NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
Finish Awakening then play FE9 a.k.a Path of Radiance then once you done with that go back to Awakening and work on that DLC and Spotpass missions if you bought and downloaded them.

EDIT: Also playing FE Shadow Dragons right now and on Chapter 10. It seems like this game so far gives you alot of units especially cavaliers and horseman units. Also the fact that Marth has 7 movement points as well as thieves and Myrmidons and paladins having 10 movement points is kinda crazy and weird to get used to. Oh well at least I'm about to recruit Minerva and her little Sis.

Last edited:

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
Also playing FE Shadow Dragons right now and on Chapter 10. It seems like this game gives you alot of units especially cavaliers and bowman units.
Oh boy does it ever.

Honestly I had hoped that class diversity was something that IS had done more to address in SD. There's at least 10 Cavaliers/Paladins in the game that I can think of off the top of my head, but only around 6 of them(Kain, Abel, Frey, Marcus, Haradin, and possible Roshe) are actually useful. To be fair, they did sort of address it by introducing the Myrmidon class line, but still, I wish they could have done more.

(Seriously, why the hell do we need FOUR T1 Armour Knights? Blegh....)

Edit: FE12 is even worse about this, especially because they felt the need to add all the FE1/FE3b1 characters who ere originally not present, as well as adding all the characters from Akaneia War Chronicles.

Gamegenie222

NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
Hey I actually like Paladin and Cavelier units but that's a little too much for me. I rather have more flying units and magical units.

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
Hey I actually like Paladin and Cavelier units but that's a little too much for me. I rather have more flying units and magical units.
Well, with 4 Pegasi and 1 Dracoknight, you'll have more than enough Flyers. As for mages, there's only really Merric and maybe Linde worth using, as far as offensive units go anyway. For healers, really only Lena is worth using.

Edit: For anyone disappointed by SD, I'd suggest watching FE: Exalted Legacy. It addresses a lot of the problems with SD, inluding the lack of class diversity and supports. For the love of god, though, try not to post in that thread until Arch updates it.

NickRiddle

#negativeNick
Finish Awakening then play FE9 a.k.a Path of Radiance then once you done with that go back to Awakening and work on that DLC and Spotpass missions if you bought and downloaded them.

EDIT: Also playing FE Shadow Dragons right now and on Chapter 10. It seems like this game so far gives you alot of units especially cavaliers and horseman units. Also the fact that Marth has 7 movement points as well as thieves and Myrmidons and paladins having 10 movement points is kinda crazy and weird to get used to. Oh well at least I'm about to recruit Minerva and her little Sis.
Too bad you have to kill your units to play the gaidens.

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
They're basically just the result of an awful counter-intuitive gameplay mechanic that allowed you to crutch it out if a bunch of your units died.

That mechanic more or less became the pre-promos in later games. (Pent, Louise, Hawkeye, Vaida, Harken, Syrene, Haar, Laguz Royals)

Reizilla

The Old Lapras and the Sea
Cherche is best girl. She has a precious little Minerva. Lucina is best child. Fa is best dragon.

Top Bottom