• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Work In Progress Fire Emblem Heroes: Finally found Forrest, MIA since 2017

Best hair colour for Forrest?

• Total voters

Ivander

Smash Legend
>mfw Sturdy Blow 5 is inheritable to Infantry Daggers

The merge stuff is scheduled for February; considering it modifies stats it makes sense they take their time to test the new system :p
I just want my worst Banes to go away already, especially my Linde who's +ATK, but -SPD.

I could understand taking time to make sure that everybody's characters stats get applied properly, not so much trying to balance it, especially when Armors and powerful Tanks that like a SPD Bane like Tiki hardly benefit from it.

And nice to know that Sturdy Impact cannot be used by Armors or Cavalry(AKA Reinhardt). Would've liked it if Magic users were restricted too, as Mages hardly benefit from it besides against Distant Counter users like Hector or Xander.

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Sturdy Impact is not inheritable by armour units, cavalry units, or staves. So looks like I'm only going for two after all.

Though I'm glad Fliers can use it, they usually can't inherit the cool new stuff.

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
Pretty happy with Naesala. He's a fantastic F2P unit; he's got stellar speed, is a 3 movement flier, and can do insane amounts of damage thanks to his perfect base kit. Only real flaw is that he's kinda squishy with low defense, but as long as you can get him into Desperation range he should be fine.

I guess he also provides accessible Swift Sparrow fodder. That's good, but I guess I was hoping for something more exciting after getting such cool stuff like Chills on our free units. Still, very good skill to have available.

I'm also pretty excited to see Grails appearing in modes aside from Aether Raids. Apparently the total we get from Forging Bonds is 30, which is... honestly more than I was expecting. It's not a huge amount, but it's a good supplement and does ultimately speed up the rate of Grail acquisition.

What I really want to see at this point is for Grails to start showing up in other modes. There's no reason to keep it limited to just AR and FB, and not only would making it available through multiple events exponentially speed up grail projects, allowing for far more flexibility for players, but it also makes these repetitive events more exciting prospects overall. Win-win, right?

I'm planning on leaving feedback once this Forging Bond starts up saying how much I like seeing Grails becoming more accessible and how awesome it would be if they showed up in other modes. If any of you guys want to help out I'd appreciate it.

shocktarts17

Smash Ace
Pretty happy with Naesala. He's a fantastic F2P unit; he's got stellar speed, is a 3 movement flier, and can do insane amounts of damage thanks to his perfect base kit. Only real flaw is that he's kinda squishy with low defense, but as long as you can get him into Desperation range he should be fine.

I guess he also provides accessible Swift Sparrow fodder. That's good, but I guess I was hoping for something more exciting after getting such cool stuff like Chills on our free units. Still, very good skill to have available.

I'm also pretty excited to see Grails appearing in modes aside from Aether Raids. Apparently the total we get from Forging Bonds is 30, which is... honestly more than I was expecting. It's not a huge amount, but it's a good supplement and does ultimately speed up the rate of Grail acquisition.

What I really want to see at this point is for Grails to start showing up in other modes. There's no reason to keep it limited to just AR and FB, and not only would making it available through multiple events exponentially speed up grail projects, allowing for far more flexibility for players, but it also makes these repetitive events more exciting prospects overall. Win-win, right?

I'm planning on leaving feedback once this Forging Bond starts up saying how much I like seeing Grails becoming more accessible and how awesome it would be if they showed up in other modes. If any of you guys want to help out I'd appreciate it.
yeah at this rate the grails are probably my only chance to get a +10 at the rate I'm going lol

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I was looking at my Delthea and thinking despite giving her both DB4 and Special Spiral, I haven't used her much due to not really settling on a team comp for her. I think I've come up with something that works though.

Screenshot_20190110-170049.png

Screenshot_20190110-163803.png

Screenshot_20190110-163810.png

Screenshot_20190110-164130.png

I changed her Ally Support to Marth as I want someone who can Reposition her out and serve as a good tank if needed, and Marth fits that bill surprisingly well.

The idea behind this is that Azura gives Delthea an Atk Tactic buff, Delthea usually gets to double on her first turn and get her special ready, then Azura dances her to apply that buff across all of Delthea's stats, mainly to give her +6 Spd. From there, Delthea procs her special on every subsequent initiation and gets major combat buffs to Atk and Spd. Another way of doing it is to have Delthea bait a mage that can't ORKO at the start and put her in Desperation range.

Marth is there as a solid Mixed Phase unit and to provide buffs. Ninian is there to dance and be a cheerleader.

Delthea's Atk and Spd hit insane levels though after all of the buffs (69 Atk, 55 Spd, IIRC), and combined with the way AoE specials work with Special Spiral, she will be nuking things left and right.

Not sure how useful this will be but I thought it would be a fun build.

Ivander

Smash Legend
yeah at this rate the grails are probably my only chance to get a +10 at the rate I'm going lol
I actually have enough Marths, Seliphs and Donnels to get a +10 of those characters(Unsurprisingly as I got 8 Marths and 8 Seliphs from trying to get Legendary Marth). I also almost have enough to get a +10 Male Corrin as well, as I only need one more Male Corrin to do so.

But while I do have enough copies to get +10 characters, I do need to get the feathers however.

Last edited:

shocktarts17

Smash Ace
I actually have enough Marths, Seliphs and Donnels to get a +10 of those characters(Unsurprisingly as I got 8 Marths and 8 Seliphs from trying to get Legendary Marth). I also almost have enough to get a +10 Male Corrin as well, as I only need one more Male Corrin to do so.

But while I do have enough copies to get +10 characters, I do need to get the feathers however.
I've got a +9 M!Robin that I haven't been able to finish because I haven't pulled on blue in a while but beyond that all the other characters I like are all 5* locked so I'll never be able to get them +10. I was trying to decide who I could +10 but I'm kinda hoping if I linger long enough we'll get another demotion.

Ivander

Smash Legend
So big news about Seliph's Refine:
https://www.reddit.com/r/FireEmblemHeroes/comments/aejebq/tyrfing_refine_is_op/
Apparently, Seliph's Miracle effect will activate when doubled and if he doesn't counter before the 2nd hit. If you watch the video, Seliph fights against Nowi, who proceeds to hit Seliph twice after his attack. She would normally hit Seliph for 32 each, Seliph has 56 HP and because doing the first 32 damage would lower Seliph's HP below 50% on the first hit, the 2nd hit should've killed him, but Seliph's Miracle effect does activate on the 2nd hit, allowing Seliph to survive.

So Seliph can, in fact, survive Brave weapons and Desperation users if above 50% health and when doubled by Mages, Archers and Dagger users if the first hit doesn't get him to 1 HP.

Last edited:

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
Oh yeah, I might as well share my recent build completions:

These are two units I finished building before the Legendary hero banner dropped. Male Morgan has a perfect nature of +Spd -Def, while Elincia has a meh nature (can't remember what it was). Both do a good job at their roles as a Rauthrblade sweeper and a sword bruiser respectively.

She's basically sword flier bruiser 2.0 after my Legendary Ryoma; she has better bulk while Legendary Ryoma hits harder thanks to Life and Death 3. I also gave her Fortify Fliers if I plan on using her for a Flier Emblem team.

And here were the two units I finished building once I pulled those two Legendary Hectors from the recent Legendary Hero banner:

Sword Reinhardt has a perfect nature of +Atk -Spd, and the build he was given makes him optimized for the enemy phase. He also has Fortify Cavaliers should he be placed on a Horse Emblem team.

Summer Young Tiki is a natural nature who recently got a +1 merge and DC from the last Legendary Hector I pulled. This build makes her optimized as the archer counter on a Flier Emblem team, though I can also swap out Iote's Shield for Close Defense should I put her on a Dragon Emblem team. Yeah, come to think of it, she's probably going to show up on my first Dragon Emblem team alongside Nowi, Myrrh, and Ninian.

shocktarts17

Smash Ace
Apparently, Seliph's Miracle effect will activate when doubled and if he doesn't counter before the 2nd hit. If you watch the video, Seliph fights against Nowi, who proceeds to hit Seliph twice after his attack. She would normally hit Seliph for 32 each, Seliph has 56 HP and because doing the first 32 damage would lower Seliph's HP below 50% on the first hit, the 2nd hit should've killed him, but Seliph's Miracle effect does activate on the 2nd hit, allowing Seliph to survive.

So Seliph can, in fact, survive Brave weapons and Desperation users if above 50% health and when doubled by Mages, Archers and Dagger users if the first hit doesn't get him to 1 HP.
Wow that really is a bit of a game changer for what seemed like a lackluster skill.

D

Deleted member

The problem is making it consistent, Seliph needs Aether to get back to 50% which is certainly not an easy thing. Tbh, Divine Tyrfing might just be better.

Ivander

Smash Legend
The problem is making it consistent, Seliph needs Aether to get back to 50% which is certainly not an easy thing. Tbh, Divine Tyrfing might just be better.
I thought the build in the topic was also good. It's much like the one Michalis build that involves Deflect Melee and Vantage, except it takes advantage of the Miracle effect instead and using the Seal spot for ATK/DEF Bond to allow for some big Bonfire Damage. It can also be used against Dragon foes compared to Sword/Axe/Lance users only.

Last edited:

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209

Yeah, the effect is "at the start of combat." As long as he's above 50% at the start and the first hit doesn't waste the Miracle effect, Seliph is impossible to one round ko.

Should be fun to play with.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
It's an easy thing if you give him Steady Breath/Warding Breath and Quick Riposte. No reason why he shouldn't regularly proc it then.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
The corrected Forging Bonds rewards have been determined:

-Reaching 400 points with a Hero gives 1 Ticket
-The Orb rewarded at 3500 points has been changed for 10 Grails.

So, the total rewards are: 4 Tickets, 40 Grails. 14 Orbs can still be obtained by playing daily.

D

Deleted member

The corrected Forging Bonds rewards have been determined:

-Reaching 400 points with a Hero gives 1 Ticket
-The Orb rewarded at 3500 points has been changed for 10 Grails.

So, the total rewards are: 4 Tickets, 40 Grails. 14 Orbs can still be obtained by playing daily.
God it's easier to get grails in FGO

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
>Fliers have access to Sturdy Impact

My +10 Cherche gets ever stronger (and bulkier)!

Loving the Julia refine, adaptive damage hurt her niche since dragons had a way around her magic bulk, but now that she can ignore it she now can snatch her niche back and kill dragons more effectively. It's definitely specialized and won't help her too much outside of that, but it's a strong role in a game where dragons have become pretty prominent. Her also having access to Divine Naga is also good since it gives her a more varied role, but since it's more effective on her mother I don't see myself going for that option for her. I'm also happy about Tailtiu's as she finally gets her native Wrath skill in the form of her tome and a nice refine that works well with her statline, so I'll probably get hers next after Julia.

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
New event schedule is here.

I'm wondering what those "Pair Up quests" are going to be.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Please tell me the next two banners after the furries aren't both seasonals.

Also, about Pair Up quests, probably beating quests with two paired up heroes.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi

I'm guessing those two Special Heroes Summoning events will be the Valentine's banners.

Kinda hoping they do something special for the anniversary too beyond the merge changes.

I would imagine Pair-Up quests involves using pairs of certain Heroes OCs on your team to accomplish certain tasks (like Alfonse and Sharena).

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
sturdy blow is just busted and dumb and I'm angry

What are you doingggggggg FEH

Ivander

Smash Legend
Well.........the devs overlooked this or are more "clever" than they look.
https://www.reddit.com/r/FireEmblemHeroes/comments/aeqbtp/null_cdisrupt_and_firesweep_interaction/
Basically, if you have a character that has a Firesweep Weapon AND Null-C Disrupt, that character can not only avoid getting counterattacked when they attack, but they will also be able to counterattack when they are attacked themselves. So look at that. Firesweep + DC can now be an actual thing without being a meme.

Last edited:

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
https://www.reddit.com/r/FireEmblemHeroes/comments/aeqbtp/null_cdisrupt_and_firesweep_interaction/
Basically, if you have a character that has a Firesweep Weapon AND Null-C Disrupt, that character can not only avoid getting counterattacked when they attack, but they will also be able to counterattack when they are attacked themselves. So look at that. Firesweep + DC can now be an actual thing without being a meme.
Interesting. Not sure how big of a deal this is though - firesweep users tend to be built for PP, and I feel like if you wanted a mixed or EP build you wouldn't use Firesweep.

D

Deleted member

Get ready for those meme builds I guess.

Ivander

Smash Legend
Interesting. Not sure how big of a deal this is though - firesweep users tend to be built for PP, and I feel like if you wanted a mixed or EP build you wouldn't use Firesweep.
I doubt it will be a big deal, as Firesweep, especially for Fliers, are more than likely to favor Hit & Run/Drag Back over Null Disrupt. Or in the case of L!Ryoma and some characters, Bushido or Chill DEF/SPD.
That said, it's a fun build if you really want to give Vantage users a giant finger, as it not only mocks them for being unable to defend against Firesweep, but also mocks them in that they will be countered by a Firesweep weapon while they can't counter with Vantage. Same for Quick Riposte/Vengeful Fighter users, due to the fact that they can't double their opponent when they are attacked and doubly mocked if the Firesweep user can double them.

Edit: So........

-When the Path of Radiance Banner with Elincia, Oscar and Nephenee came out, I did my Free Summon and I got Nephenee.
-When the Radiant Dawn Banner with Micaiah, Sothe and Zelgius came out, I did my Free Summon and I got Micaiah.

I give you one frickin' guess at what happened when I went onto the new Banner and did my Free Summon.

Last edited:

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332
I doubt it will be a big deal, as Firesweep, especially for Fliers, are more than likely to favor Hit & Run/Drag Back over Null Disrupt. Or in the case of L!Ryoma and some characters, Bushido or Chill DEF/SPD.
That said, it's a fun build if you really want to give Vantage users a giant finger, as it not only mocks them for being unable to defend against Firesweep, but also mocks them in that they will be countered by a Firesweep weapon while they can't counter with Vantage. Same for Quick Riposte/Vengeful Fighter users, due to the fact that they can't double their opponent when they are attacked and doubly mocked if the Firesweep user can double them.

Edit: So........

-When the Path of Radiance Banner with Elincia, Oscar and Nephenee came out, I did my Free Summon and I got Nephenee.
-When the Radiant Dawn Banner with Micaiah, Sothe and Zelgius came out, I did my Free Summon and I got Micaiah.

I give you one frickin' guess at what happened when I went onto the new Banner and did my Free Summon.
Either Leanne or Nailah

Ivander

Smash Legend
Either Leanne or Nailah
Nailah. Nephenee is a Female Unit and is a Blue Unit. Micaiah is a Female Unit and is a Blue Unit. And so is Nailah.

So basically, I do my Free Summon, each on the newest Tellius/Radiance Banner at the time of their arrival, and each time chose a Blue Orb. And I get the Blue Lady Unit from Tellius from each of them.

Last edited:

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332
Nailah. Nephenee is a Female Unit and is a Blue Unit. Micaiah is a Female Unit and is a Blue Unit. And so is Nailah.

So basically, I do my Free Summon, each on the newest Tellius/Radiance Banner at the time of their arrival, and each time chose a Blue Orb. And I get the Blue Lady Unit from Tellius from each of them.
I wish I had your luck for tellius units. Had about 70 orbs saved up for tonight and all I got was a 5 Star Soleil.

Jojalole

Henshin a go go baby!
Switch FC
SW 7943 9867 0675
As much as I want to blow my orbs in the banner, I'm going to wait until last day. Anniversary is around the corner and you never now the next units they will throw at us, so better be prepared just in case.

And I did the story chapter. Hel's miracle is a pain in the ass, but for some reason it doesn't trigger against staff units? Haven't tried with tomes, but I thought the first condition was only for the magic damage, but it might be for the miracle effect too... Weird.

And story spoilers
20 of January is when Alfonso dies... RIP our favourite benchlord, we got baited into thinking it was going to be Sharena lol.

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
And story spoilers
20 of January is when Alfonso dies... RIP our favourite benchlord, we got baited into thinking it was going to be Sharena lol.
I still think something is going to happen to Sharena since even Loki left those cryptic words regarding how "death's scythe is lingering above her (Sharena's) head" in that last Xenologue.

I'm guessing some sort of deal will be made that will make Sharena the one to die and not Alfonse, like our heroes will accidentally transfer the curse Hel inflicted to someone else. How it will happen? I don't know.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
In about 140 Orbs and the Free Summon Tickets, I got Nailah and one Tibarn. Nailah is the one I wanted the most to just use and she's +Spd, -HP so I'm happy with that. Still gotta get a Tibarn for Clair, but Laegjarn is looking mighty good with this skill.

D

Deleted member

****ing lol, Hel is a flying unit. Love that scythes=axes tho
Also, man, **** Tibarn, flying 3 Mov is busted

Jojalole

Henshin a go go baby!
Switch FC
SW 7943 9867 0675
Got a summoning ticket from forging bonds so I summoned and ended up getting a ****ing Gray. Fix the summoning pool IS. At least I didn't have a percent to get pity broken but still sucks.

Also @Shishœ I gave Nailah's eye patch to Joshua and, huh...

Since you are the Joshua expert, how does this even work? Is he that good of a swordsman that he doesn't need his sight to defeat his foes or what?

D

Deleted member

Got a summoning ticket from forging bonds so I summoned and ended up getting a ****ing Gray. Fix the summoning pool IS. At least I didn't have a percent to get pity broken but still sucks.

Also @Shishœ I gave Nailah's eye patch to Joshua and, huh...

Since you are the Joshua expert, how does this even work? Is he that good of a swordsman that he doesn't need his sight to defeat his foes or what?
Summoner: "Joshua, why are you wearing that eye patch?"
Joshua: "One must always take gambles, even on the battlefield."
Summoner: "You just stabbed Innes..."
Joshua: "Seems Lady Luck didn't favor me this time."

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
I got my first Silvia off of a summoning ticket. Extra free summons continue to be a force for good. :estatic:

Also the writing for the Forging Bonds event this time around is actually... good? And it's fun. More of this please.

Top Bottom