• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Work In Progress Fire Emblem Heroes: Finally found Forrest, MIA since 2017

Best hair colour for Forrest?

• Total voters

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Top 10 Anime Redemption Arcs.

Also I built my Helbindi and W E W

He just walks into a field of archers and mages and doesn't care.

He also seems to foreshadow something in his confession conversation.

Also those BST boosting skills for Laegjarn and Helbindi are kinda useless on them. They're purely meant for fodder. Their BST is already well past 170.

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
Also those BST boosting skills for Laegjarn and Helbindi are kinda useless on them. They're purely meant for fodder. Their BST is already well past 170.
The "Rating" on the unit menu isn't BST. BST doesn't include the stats granted by skills and weapons, while the Rating does. Helbindi and Laegjarn are both at 162 BST once you exclude their skills and weapon Mt.

D

Deleted member

Oh hey what the **** this was my free summon
Time to build a ****ing Bladeblade unit because I'm sure IS won't regret this later.
So here's a topic I've been thinking about for the last little while.

What do you guys expect or want out of Book III?

And by that, I don't just mean the story. Book III also means the dawn of Ver. 3.0 of the game, and like with any big mobile game like this, and like we saw around Book II's launch and throughout the year, this comes with big changes and new mechanics added to the game.

Here is a mix of things I expect and things I hope for:

Lv. 4 skills, like the recently released Death Blow 4, are probably going to become something we see more of. I don't think they would do that for just one character and it seems like a pretty obvious way to progress the game and it's meta in some way. What I hope for though is that they provide a way to upgrade Lv. 3 skills to Lv. 4 where applicable, instead of having us pull for them all of the time.

This one isn't as likely but I have a feeling it will happen in Book III's year - the ability to promote units to 6-Star Rarity. I feel like it's only a matter of time before this happens, there is an unused 6-Star character slot asset in the game already, and on top of that, upgrading the maximum Star rarity after about two years is a common practice in these kinds of gacha games, since it's generally seen as an exciting way to power up characters or equipment. So yeah, while I don't think it will happen immediately as Book III starts, it will happen down the line. In terms of how you promote to 6-Star, I think it will require getting a character to +10 merge, and then using some kind of new item. However, a resource will be added to the game to allow you to give a character a free merge without having a duplicate copy. Just like Hero Feathers and Sacred Coins, these resources would be limited and wouldn't be farmable, but can be obtained on a regular basis.

As for what differences a 6-Star unit has, obviously they would have even better stats than +10 5-Star units. However, I think they would need something else to make them worth chasing after. One idea I have is that a unit turns into a Legendary Hero at 6-Star, with their element being decided by what Blessing they had conferred before promotion (and the unit would need to have a blessing in the first place to promote). Then you could decide what kind of buff they provide somehow. I don't think this is actually too game breaking and would make the Legendary Hero system much more fun to use (I currently don't use it - the only Legendary Hero that synergizes with any of my teams is Ryoma, and I never got him despite pulling for him twice). Additionally, Legendary Hero banners would not just be for pulling for snazzy alts of popular characters anymore - EVERY featured focus unit would be pullable at 6-Star, which would make Legendary banners a lot cooler and would make their low drop rates feel more justified.

I should also note that 6-Star units would not receive stat upgrades if you attempt to merge them any further, you'd just get SP.

Moving on from that though, another small thing I'd like to see is incorporating Arena Assault items into other game modes. They would be banned in normal Arena, but would be usable in most other game modes. At the very least, just some temporary stat boosting items (like Tonics from actual FE games) would be a neat thing to add for players who are just shy of being able to beat a GHB or something like that. It's a simple thing and again, I see other gacha RPGs that do it.

I'm expecting a brand new game mode or two like Tap Battle and Rival Domains and such. The big one I can see is some sort of town/castle building game, not unlike My Castle from FE Fates. It would mostly be isolated from the main game and used just for farming basic resources like Crystal Shards and such, but you can decorate it as you please and you can visit other people's castles and also use it as a Rival Domain's style map. Like in Fates, you can set where your forts and units are and then friends can challenge you once per day or something, you yourself can challenge 5 people a day or something. I also think they could try adding a chat system, basically using your castle as a lobby of sorts to hang out with friends, FE style.

And finally, as a small feature, I think using a friend's shared unit will be more widely available in more modes. It's honestly something I think is long overdue.

The main two ideas I want to see are expanding the ways in which we can power-up and build units, and increased interactivity with friends.

As for the story, I would need to think a bit more on that. I mainly hope for Veronica and Bruno to properly join the good guys. I dunno what I want to see as the new theme for the enemy army though.
As much as I would hate Steady Breath and DC to become less useful, I do wonder if certain skills getting to Lv4 would make them more useful. Though Fury 4 scares me.

I really don't think we'll see 6-star rarity, can't recall a single gacha game that did that and there's a reason for it: summoning. Star rating is technically for how rare an unit is and they'd obviously not implement them in the summoning pool which wouldn't really give whales any incentive.

All I really expect(well, more so hope) is another mass update on the weapon refinery. Joshua really, REALLY needs something on his Audhulma that isn't just Res +5.
inb4 Res +10

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I really don't think we'll see 6-star rarity, can't recall a single gacha game that did that and there's a reason for it: summoning. Star rating is technically for how rare an unit is and they'd obviously not implement them in the summoning pool which wouldn't really give whales any incentive.
Kingdom Hearts: Union Cross raised the maximum Star rarity for medals (they're what you pull for in that game) from 6-Star to 7-Star over the past year. Banners for the hottest new medals often are for a 7-Star version of that medal, and you usually get a guaranteed random 7-Star medal every pull within those banners too. Any medal can be made 7-Star through a process similar to FE Heroes' merging of duplicate units, though the game does have a resource that can be used to "merge" medals without using a duplicate and it's become reasonably accessible now.

The idea for how 6-Star units would work in FE Heroes is that it becomes what defines a "Legendary Hero" (along with the elemental buff), and all future Legendary Heroes are featured on banners where you can only pull 6-Star focus units, similar to how they currently work but with 6-Star focus units instead of 5-Star. I think that's needed as nobody likes how Legendary banners are currently run, they have pretty bad drop rates and I honestly don't think that's justified right now. Containing out of the box 6-Star units would give them a better reason for existing and would better justify the low drop rates.

Another reason why I want this is because Legendary Heroes are kind of not a fun concept right now. They're ridiculously annoying to pull for, the banners are super brief and sometimes they come out of nowhere, and even if you get one, their special elemental buffing capability can be difficult to use because they might not synergise with your teams. Giving us a way to make any hero a Legendary Hero would be more exciting and it's something that could tie-in nicely with 6-Star units, which I feel are inevitable.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I freepulled Laegjarn. :V

+Def, -Atk tho. :/
Laegjarn is one of those units that actually doesn't really have a bad stat for IVs besides maybe +Res, due to how her weapon works. You could salvage that Attack pretty easily with a Brazen skill or something, plus Flier buffs.

Personally I think her best IVs are +Def/+Spd and -Res though.

Last edited:

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
New Múspell banner hype! I plan on summoning when the banner ends just in case they add Jill or someone like that, but I'll do my first batch just in case I get lucky and get Laegjarn...
View attachment 165839

WELL GEEZ OKAY IS, IS NOT LIKE I WANTED LAEGJARN, ALOLAN SELENA OR HEILBINDI. Whatever lol, I'll try again when the banner is ending (probably)

Sadly she comes with the dance skill at 4 stars which is pretty useless. Her stance at 4 star would have been great for many enemy phase units.
At least your first round of summoning was nowhere near as unlucky as mine.

My first summoning session for this banner had 5 red orbs. None of them gave me Laegjarn or Laevatain. All I got instead? 1 4-star Seliph, 1 3-star Lon'qu, and 3 freaking Raighs (two of which were 3-star)! AAARRRRGGHHH!!!!!!!

I blew 50 more orbs in the hopes of getting Laegjarn or even Helbindi at the very least, but I didn't get either of them. It's really unfortunate.

I might try summoning a few more times to see if I can get lucky, but I also want to save some orbs for the Swift Sparrow and Legendary Hero banners.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I spent a little while putting loads of skills on Laegjarn. This is what I'm using for now.

I used HP/Def 2 because the HP bane she has makes her health pool smaller than I'd like. Renewal goes well with being a tank.

I have other skills like Desperation on her in case they are ever useful for her. She's been fun to use, I think she's really versatile.

D

Deleted member

The Arena map is perfect, because now Lewyn has a harder time reaching me and I can straight up kill him easier.

I just want to stay in Tier 17.

Also thank goodness for no too annoying tomes. ( Lewyn kicked me off Tier 18. :V ) Laegjarn and Laevatein are straight up bait for Brave Oho.
I have a feeling Helbindi might just be bait for my Grima too. That low res hurts him.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

I... I just beat CC11-12 deathless. I don't know how I did it...
And with that, I've finished all Lunatic CCs so maybe I'll bother with Normal and Hard for the check mark

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326
I have saved my lunatic chain challenges as emergency orb funds. I'll do em when I need orbs.

It's not like I'm too lazy or anything haha...

D

Deleted member

I spent a little while putting loads of skills on Laegjarn. This is what I'm using for now.

I used HP/Def 2 because the HP bane she has makes her health pool smaller than I'd like. Renewal goes well with being a tank.

I have other skills like Desperation on her in case they are ever useful for her. She's been fun to use, I think she's really versatile.
It looks like a mixed tank set.
I like it.

One thing that upsets me in FEH that I think needs change is more options to get Dual Swords.
Two per day is not enough ( Free and Easy Challenge ), and it can be a nightmare to improve your rank.

Also, I am not a fan of spending an orb for only three minimal rounds.

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
It looks like a mixed tank set.
I like it.

One thing that upsets me in FEH that I think needs change is more options to get Dual Swords.
Two per day is not enough ( Free and Easy Challenge ), and it can be a nightmare to improve your rank.

Also, I am not a fan of spending an orb for only three minimal rounds.
You... actually ran out of duel swords?

I've got 600 of them at the moment. :surprised:

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326
Wow someone who actually ran out of Dueling Crests. Can I have an autograph?

On an unrelated note, my sister is saving orbs for a potential Joshua alt/seasonal. What do you guys think about his chances?

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I can join the club now.

Finished it with an appropriate unit too.

I'm honestly shocked I was able to finish them all. Still have to go for Normal and Hard but there's no rush on those.

I owe this to all three of the Muspell units, especially Laegjarn, as she really does work amazingly well on my Flier team. My Mage Counter Clair build is also fantastic for controlling mages and dragons, and she still does well against melee units.

Also, the other big MVP is my new Kinshi Hinoka build.

Basically this allows her to safely attack Distant Counter and Archer units without ever getting countered, and she will always double. I've changed her support partner to Bridal Ninian (previously was Minerva, who is now S-Support with Laegjarn) who I'm working on getting some nice buffing skills on. Right now she has Atk Tactic 3, but I only unlocked up to Atk Tactic 2 for the purpose of these Chain Challenges. And then my Inigo also has Spd buffs and Veronica is Veronica, with double Savage Blow 3. All around this is an extremely powerful Player Phase team.

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209

On an unrelated note, my sister is saving orbs for a potential Joshua alt/seasonal. What do you guys think about his chances?
It's possible. He is popular, after all. But saving up orbs for a potential *seasonal* unit, and one that isn't from Fates/Awakening at that... That's going to take awhile.

D

Deleted member

Speaking of that, I am saving my orbs for a good unit that can help me replace Hardin.

Zelgius, LA Hector and Legendary Hector would all be great. Especially the two Hector alts I mentioned. :p

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Since the Muspell banner is a month long, I'm going to save as much as I can until the last day of the banner. I've been waiting for Laegjarn since she was introduced in the story so I would love to get better IVs and merge her as much as possible. And honestly, Laevatein and Helbindi have been fantastic too so I wouldn't mind merging them up either along the way. Though I may use one Helbindi as skill fodder to give that A-Slot skill to Inigo so I can use him in Arena. I already have optimal IVs for Helbindi so I can use the first one I get.

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326
It's possible. He is popular, after all. But saving up orbs for a potential *seasonal* unit, and one that isn't from Fates/Awakening at that... That's going to take awhile.
Yea he is. Plus the summer banner with Innes and Tana showed that you don't have to be Eirika/Ephraim to get seasonal alts from Magvel xD Was just wondering what you guys thought about it.

Well I guess she'll have to save for a few months more. For her +10 Joshua dream.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

We got Innes and Tana alts so I'd say it is a possibility that he gets one before the twins. And I really hope he does, I don't hate his current art but I don't love it like Amagaitaro's Nino or Wada's Hector.
Besides, if he was seasinal he'd definitely be broken :^)

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326
We got Innes and Tana alts so I'd say it is a possibility that he gets one before the twins. And I really hope he does, I don't hate his current art but I don't love it like Amagaitaro's Nino or Wada's Hector.
Besides, if he was seasinal he'd definitely be broken :^)
Yea she wants him to be seasonal so that he doesn't get the hate that perma alts usually get to some degree lol. Although for saving orbs, a permanent alt would be better since those are on 3 unit banners.

And yes Nino is absolutely adorable and Wada's Hector looks awesome as well.

D

Deleted member

This is absolutely disgusting
Whoever thought this was ok should be fired. Seriously, what the hell
Yea she wants him to be seasonal so that he doesn't get the hate that perma alts usually get to some degree lol. Although for saving orbs, a permanent alt would be better since those are on 3 unit banners.

And yes Nino is absolutely adorable and Wada's Hector looks awesome as well.
Joshua may be popular but he sure as hell isn't getting a permanent alt. SS already got Eirika.

For now, I just want an Audhulma refine, maybe with a refine that gives Laevatain's effect :^)

D

Deleted member

Joshua may be popular but he sure as hell isn't getting a permanent alt. SS already got Eirika.

For now, I just want an Audhulma refine, maybe with a refine that gives Laevatain's effect :^)
No matter what disgusting Laevatein build everyone makes, still bait for my Brave Hector.
:)

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326

Eh I wouldn't count out a permanent alt. Olwen got one just cause she was Reinhardt's sister despite her very low popularity.

Permanent alts is a trend that's here to stay (by the looks of it) so I wouldn't say it's impossible for him to get one.

The sad fact is that no TT/GHB unit have gotten a refine (besides Masked Marth) so I dunno if that will ever happen :/

D

Deleted member

Eh I wouldn't count out a permanent alt. Olwen got one just cause she was Reinhardt's sister despite her very low popularity.

Permanent alts is a trend that's here to stay (by the looks of it) so I wouldn't say it's impossible for him to get one.

The sad fact is that no TT/GHB unit have gotten a refine (besides Masked Marth) so I dunno if that will ever happen :/
Uhm, what? GHB have gotten refines, Zephiel and Michalis are the first ones that come to mind.
Though as far as TT goes, no one has gotten one yeah, but the only ither unit with a legendary weapon besides Masked Marth and Joshua is Black Knight and he should never get a refine.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
>Book II quests only gives 5 Orbs
tumblr_p9o4rrZ3dB1v8lyn7o10_r1_250.png

I also wasted stamina because I thought every quest required Fjorm :ultnino:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi

I was expecting some crazy Laevatein build but nah that's actually pretty standard for her.

She is a fantastic Player Phase unit, she was a huge help for Chain Challenges along with the other Muspell units and my Windsweep/Brave Bow Kinshi Hinoka.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Good thing we got a month, cause my free pull was bull.

View attachment 166068
I legit can't wait until the last day of the banner. 31 days is a lot of Orb saving time in this game. Gonna blow all of my Orbs on that last day, assuming nothing crazy comes up in between (which I doubt it will).

Best part is that I ended up pulling all three units already and with optimal IVs for Laevatein and Helbindi, so it's not gonna be as stressful as usual. Just hoping for better Laegjarn IVs and merges, and a Helbindi to give Inigo that A-Slot Skill.

My only concern is that I might be going for an operation in that time so I hope at the least I'm not out cold on that last day.

D

Deleted member

I was expecting some crazy Laevatein build but nah that's actually pretty standard for her.

She is a fantastic Player Phase unit, she was a huge help for Chain Challenges along with the other Muspell units and my Windsweep/Brave Bow Kinshi Hinoka.
That's exactly the problem, having a Bladeblade is just, like, super dumb. And she's not even +Atk or merged and she already has 59 Atk. And it's not like her Def is bad to make up for it, her o ly weakness is her HP and bad Res.

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326
Uhm, what? GHB have gotten refines, Zephiel and Michalis are the first ones that come to mind.
Though as far as TT goes, no one has gotten one yeah, but the only ither unit with a legendary weapon besides Masked Marth and Joshua is Black Knight and he should never get a refine.
Oh right my bad.

I'll count just Zephiel then because Michalis got one from virtue of sharing the same weapon as Minerva who got the refine.

But yup no TT units have ever gotten a refine. Masked Marth got one just because same wep as her unmasked self.

D

Deleted member

Oh right my bad.

I'll count just Zephiel then because Michalis got one from virtue of sharing the same weapon as Minerva who got the refine.

But yup no TT units have ever gotten a refine. Masked Marth got one just because same wep as her unmasked self.
I think that if they give Joshua a refine, it'll be in a big group so they can still have New Poer banners. Which is why I'm corssing my fingers for the Book III uodate as that'll likely have a bunch of new refines.

Also, when should we expect the Feh Channel and the 3.0 update to be?

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
That's exactly the problem, having a Bladeblade is just, like, super dumb. And she's not even +Atk or merged and she already has 59 Atk. And it's not like her Def is bad to make up for it, her o ly weakness is her HP and bad Res.
It's not too bad since you won't see her much in Arena due to her BST. Her strength is centred around her buffs. Makes her amazing for PvE, but she won't be on anyone's defense teams unless they +10 her and they don't have four merged up armours, and if you are going for a high score, you probably won't use her either. And even if she pops up on a lot of Defense teams for some reason (like if they release a Red Infantry Dual Skill), her low Res and HP means she will just be checked by blue mages and dragons.

Personally I don't mind units being broken for PvE because the more content I can clear, the more rewards I can get, and since I'm not affecting actual players, there's nothing to feel bad about. Enemy stats get inflated like crazy in some PvE content so it's nice to have units that can retroactively compete with those stats through buffs. Laevatein and Helbindi work super well together in that regard since Helbindi's weapon has built-in Odd Spectrum Wave (that's what I like to call it anyway) which lets Laevatein go to to town.

When it comes to Arena, Laegjarn and Helbindi are far more disgusting. Not just because of the A-Skills they have, but Laegjarn's weapon allows her to get +12 on every stat during combat by stealing enemy buffs, and that's on top of whatever other buffs she might be getting from allies. Since Arena is filled with Emblem teams, mostly Armour Emblem, and those often revolve around field buffs, she's gonna have a field day in Arena. So Laegjarn is basically designed to counter the Arena meta. I'm not sure how good she would be on a Defense team since the A.I probably won't know how to use her weapon, but for Player Phase, she will be invaluable and will help people like myself who haven't built a merged up Amrour Emblem team compete in Arena (I could counter those teams already but not with units with high BST), climb higher than we otherwise could.

Helbindi on the other hand is just a really good mixed tank and has that Odd Spectrum Wave, which is great for him and his team mates and will make him great on both offense and Defense teams. And again, he has that A-Slot to make his scoring viable.

D

Deleted member

It's not too bad since you won't see her much in Arena due to her BST. Her strength is centred around her buffs. Makes her amazing for PvE, but she won't be on anyone's defense teams unless they +10 her and they don't have four merged up armours, and if you are going for a high score, you probably won't use her either. And even if she pops up on a lot of Defense teams for some reason (like if they release a Red Infantry Dual Skill), her low Res and HP means she will just be checked by blue mages and dragons.

Personally I don't mind units being broken for PvE because the more content I can clear, the more rewards I can get, and since I'm not affecting actual players, there's nothing to feel bad about. Enemy stats get inflated like crazy in some PvE content so it's nice to have units that can retroactively compete with those stats through buffs. Laevatein and Helbindi work super well together in that regard since Helbindi's weapon has built-in Odd Spectrum Wave (that's what I like to call it anyway) which lets Laevatein go to to town.

When it comes to Arena, Laegjarn and Helbindi are far more disgusting. Not just because of the A-Skills they have, but Laegjarn's weapon allows her to get +12 on every stat during combat by stealing enemy buffs, and that's on top of whatever other buffs she might be getting from allies. Since Arena is filled with Emblem teams, mostly Armour Emblem, and those often revolve around field buffs, she's gonna have a field day in Arena. So Laegjarn is basically designed to counter the Arena meta. I'm not sure how good she would be on a Defense team since the A.I probably won't know how to use her weapon, but for Player Phase, she will be invaluable and will help people like myself who haven't built a merged up Amrour Emblem team compete in Arena (I could counter those teams already but not with units with high BST), climb higher than we otherwise could.

Helbindi on the other hand is just a really good mixed tank and has that Odd Spectrum Wave, which is great for him and his team mates and will make him great on both offense and Defense teams. And again, he has that A-Slot to make his scoring viable.
Laegjarn is still bait for my Brave Hector. :secretkpop:

Helbindi looks like he can definitely hit Brave Hector hard, but like I said his low res sets him back a bit. :V

D

Deleted member

Did the Book II quests and took out Laevatain since I thought it would be fitting
Screenshot_20180922-113119~2.png

And it sure was

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Laegjarn is still bait for my Brave Hector. :secretkpop:

Helbindi looks like he can definitely hit Brave Hector hard, but like I said his low res sets him back a bit. :V
>Helbindi
>Low Res

Uuuuuuh...

Whatever you say.

Literally his only bad stat is Spd, which he doesn't need.

As for Laegjarn, maybe on enemy phase but if you set Brave Hector on an Armour Emblem team as your Defense Team, then players using Laegjarn could beat your Brave Hector easily because of her weapon skill. Even if she can't survive two engagements, all she needs is an ally to Reposition her out and take Hector on the next turn, like Helbindi for example.

Top Bottom