• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Work In Progress Fire Emblem Heroes: Finally found Forrest, MIA since 2017

Best hair colour for Forrest?

• Total voters

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326
I could get to tier 21 if I put that infantry skill on my regular Nino but is it worth it? Hmm.

I am not getting hands on dual rallies anytime soon, so this'd be my biggest option lol.
Guess it's my turn.

My top unit is my 5-Star +10 Clair. I have five skill sets saved so I may as well give her a section of her own.

This is a player phase oriented build I like to call "Clair Phase". It takes advantage of her offensive capabilities, particularly on Flier teams, and let's her run amok during Player Phase. She has enough defenses to safely get into Brazen/Desperation range that makes her even more deadly during Player Phase.

This is my mixed phase build. She uses Brazen Def/Res instead here to beef up her defenses but her base stats are pretty similar. Renewal keeps her topped up on HP making it fantastic for Tempest Trials and Chain Challenges and I've done many without having a healer on the team. Iote's Shield allows her to lure in archers safely.

This is my "Mage Counter" build, though it works for dragons too. This is entirely designed to push her Res to stupid levels while also giving her Distant Counter to KO or at least damage mages on her turn. She's practically invincible against magic attacks, especially with Flier buffs, and while her attack power is generally more mediocre (though she will basically ALWAYS proc Def Ploy with this build so that mitigates the issue a bit), her Glacies proc is insane in this build especially on enemy phase, allowing for some opportunistic deletions of problematic enemies.

This is a Def Tank build (though her Res is still high so it's more of a Mixed Tank build), which is ironic considering she's supposed to have naturally low Def and my Clair is +Res, -Def on top of that. However, I manage to push her to 34 base Def which is good enough and Red units won't be a problem for her. However, once the Brazen skill kicks in and you take Flier and Support buffs into account, she actually gets really beefy. On a Flier team focused on buffing her Def, she will hit 57 Def with the proper formation and will also have her Res significantly boosted too.

And then this is the Hit and Run build. It's pretty throwaway and I haven't used it much yet, though I might slap a Firesweep Lance on her and focus more on buffing her Atk and see how it goes.

The key players of my Flier team that go with Clair are below. Laegjarn will hopefully be added to this group as a mainstay when she comes out too.

My Def Tank Hinoka who is Clair's Support partner. A lot of people seem to think you should build Hinoka as a speedy, offensive unit which I never understood because her speed isn't that great and her default Brave Lance+ kills her Atk stat. I built her this way even before Hinoka's Spear got released (only with a Slaying Lance+ instead), but Hinoka's Spear also gives her higher Atk and some extra buffing capability so I use that now. I sacrificed the special Refine for a Def refine to make her a bit more beefy though. But yeah, just think my Def Tank Clair build but even beefier defenses and coming with buffing capabilities. Hinoka also has a really large HP pool for a Flier which is another reason why I think building her as a Def Tank is ideal. If IS demoted her to 4-Star, I would have made her +10 ages ago I would reckon, and I really want to, but unfortunately she is so incredibly rare. Her IVs are +Def, -HP, but I want to get a +Def, -Res one someday.

Minerva is here to fill the green spot on the team. She's a pretty stock Minerva but with the addition of a Desperation x Brash Assault combo which makes her a monster on Player Phase. I can't quite recall her IVs, though I recall them being favourable.

And Kinshi Hinoka for that flying archer goodness. Once again she is pretty stock, though I might swap Atk/Spd Bond for Life and Death or something like that soon. Drive Def 2 is there because it helps regular Hinoka. She is also very handy for increasing the teams mobility. IIRC she was +Spd but I can't remember her bane.

My other 5-Star +10 unit is Chrom, and I've built a team around him too.

He's +Atk, -HP, and is built to capitalise on his Atk as much as possible, though I would like to change the bane to -Res sometime. I don't think I really need to explain this build, it's pretty self explanatory and he destroys any greens and most reds and colourless, and even some blues. And he wipes dragons off the face of the earth. Renewal helps for keeping his HP topped up and he is fantastic in Tempest Trials and Chain Challenges.

Chrom's S-Support is Delthea who is a blue nuke. Pretty freshly built too. She has very powerful offense too and also greatly buffs Chrom's Atk. And she's obviously built to proc Astra as much as she can. Don't really need to explain this one either, she just hits really hard and actually has good Spd too. I wish I could also make her a merge project but she's a rare one too.

This Inigo was initially built to deal with all of the Reinhardts and Brave Lyns that used to run around all over the place, but they're not as common these days. However, he still deals with most blue and colourless units very effectively, and can even be a wall against blue melee units. He's a dancer too so that's always a big help.

And as Inigo's S-Support and all-round S-Tier unit, is Veronica. Once again a fairly stock unit, though I took the liberty of doubling up on Savage Blow 3 to make her even better at crippling enemy teams. She's super versatile and I love her. Inigo being her support also makes sense since Veronica works well with dancers.

And here's some other units I have lying around that I kinda like, including my in-progress 5-Star +10 Marth.

I've got a ton more but I could be here all day and most other units still need work.

If anyone wants to add me, my ID is 7353389712. Clair is my shared unit.
That is one impressive Clair. Despite her lackluster attack, you really made a lotta effective builds on her. And yikes that Berkut's Lance build. My regular Nino will have a hard time denting her. Pegasus Nino, might be able to take her though cause of the flat damage boost.

I was considering making an Est or Florina like that, but Odin's new refinement makes him tempting to make as well xD

P.S. You're missing one little green mage in your flier emblem team :3

D

Deleted member

Thanks to Mythra, I also did the two orb Robin challenge.
This post should of been posted hours ago. :laugh:

Last edited by a moderator:

shrooby

Let me know when I'm supposed to laugh, okay?
BRoomer
NNID
shrooby
3DS FC
2320-6364-8294
I was also reminded that I hadn't attempted the armor challenge for Robin's GHB since building my Lissa
And uuh...oh

This worked on my first try (but obviously to record it I had to do it again), and all I could think to myself was just "...oh"
Armors are a little good, you see.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
So, what are we getting tonight?

-Múspell trailer?
-Feh Channel announcement?
-Absolutely nothing? :V

Gunla

It's my bit, you see.
Administrator
BRoomer
Writing Team
So, what are we getting tonight?

-Múspell trailer?
-Feh Channel announcement?
-Absolutely nothing? :V
Probably the Muspell club, if anything given how we have their stats and skills I frankly wouldn't be surprised if we don't get anything beyond the banner + login bonus.

We'll probably get a Feh channel next month but watch them prove me wrong tonight lol

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326
OMG IT'S THE MUSPELL UNITS AS PULLABLE!!! KYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

Was that good enough?

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Laevatein smells like the obvious demote; no meme Arena Skills on her kit, and considering Silas is an obvious demote too, we could see the Wave C skills becoming common in the 4☆ pool.

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
Laevatein smells like the obvious demote; no meme Arena Skills on her kit, and considering Silas is an obvious demote too, we could see the Wave C skills becoming common in the 4☆ pool.
Really? I can't imagine any of these units demoting.

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
So no Guaranteed 5-star Free Summon for this Muspell banner like the rumors were saying? Ah, that's unfortunate. I'd love to be able to pull Laegjarn easily without having to be trolled by her sister.

I've got 100 orbs at the moment. Dunno how many will be spent to pull Laegjarn, but we'll see. I might want to save for the Legendary banner, but I can't think of anything that interests me from that banner at the moment.

I'd love for Laevatain to be demoted because Odd Speed Wave is an incredibly good C-skill to have, but I'm doubtful she'll be demoted. There's just something about these Muspell characters that makes me think they'll be 5-star locked.

Ivander

Smash Legend
Really? I can't imagine any of these units demoting.
Who knows nowadays? I mean, the Fallen Banner with Grima, Hardin and F!Celica showed that there won't always be a demote. Than comes after the Ares/Lene/Ishtar Banner and Ares, the one with a wack Prf Weapon that becomes even more dangerous with Vantage and Brazen ATK/DEF, gets demoted compared to Lene. At this point, it's anything goes.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

All look fantastic but all have their one slight flaw.

DW, every unit has a flaw lol.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
I hope they demote Silvia, I would like to +10 Green Sailor Moon that likes it rough :V

If not; +10 Gay Bulge

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326
I just want that green infantry skill to put on Nino. Want to test how it goes :3

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
A nice GHB; felt less suffocating than Walhart's.
Had to finally teach Cancel Affinity to Grima to counter the Gronnraven cav.
Screenshot_20180920-013041.jpg

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
I don't want to brag, but I finished the GHB Elite quests within about two weeks of them being added. One of the perks of having like 100+ fully built units. :p

Garon's map was pretty easy. Yet another victim of Leon and his dancer troupe. I'll never get bored of wiping entire maps with him.

D

Deleted member

I'm having a bit of a hard time with Garon's map but I believe it's due to it being Player Phase oriented.

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
I'm having a bit of a hard time with Garon's map but I believe it's due to it being Player Phase oriented.
Yeah, it's much easier if you have something like my Leon to clear through the enemies quickly. I tried using stuff like Vanguard Ike in place of one or two of the dancers, and it's doable, but a lot trickier and needs much more specific movements and such. I don't know if I could come up with something that doesn't use Leon, but I might have another look at it later since I had one or two other people elsewhere asking about the same problem.

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
I haven't taken a crack at Infernal Garon because I've had some other things to do this morning, but dragon squad cleaned up the other two.

Even Lunatic was a bit dicey for an Enemy Phase strat. Holing up in between the starting columns worked, but I'm a bit concerned about how fast I'd get dogpiled on like that in Infernal, so I may have to adjust a bit there.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I only beat Lunatic Garon by breaking out Mage Counter Clair to deal with the abundance of magic units and having Kinshi Hinoka use some fancy wing work with Flier Formation and Flier Guidance to move everyone else around.

I don't think I could do Infernal, at least not with my typical set-ups. I'd probably have to mix and match a lot of units and I honestly can't be bothered.

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
Solution: everyone builds their own Brave Bow Leon+dancers team so you all can copy my strategies in future

For this map, if you really want to use enemy-phase teams, you're probably going to need a lot of mixed-bulk 1-2 range units (Vanguard Ike works because he can kill stuff like the Gronnraven mage and Gravity+ healer on turn 1 with minimal damage), probably a healer (I used Lachesis with Pain+Savage Blow for my Vanguard Ike run), and a lot of luck and retries. I have no end of enemy phase units in my barracks and I'm still struggling to come up with something that doesn't involve just throwing Leon at it at some point.

D

Deleted member

Yeah, it's much easier if you have something like my Leon to clear through the enemies quickly. I tried using stuff like Vanguard Ike in place of one or two of the dancers, and it's doable, but a lot trickier and needs much more specific movements and such. I don't know if I could come up with something that doesn't use Leon, but I might have another look at it later since I had one or two other people elsewhere asking about the same problem.
The only time I've ever resorted to someone other than my main team was with Takumi's GHB but even then, I did a rematch once I got LHector.
I'm sure there's a very specific combination of movements that will get me a victory.

Also, on the topic of Garon, damn, DD and he has Panic Ploy at 4*? Good thing I never sacked any of my Valters, will probably use him for PP3 and leave one to build.
-------
WAIT **** I JUST REMEMBERED I GAVE JOSHUA DC SOMETIME AGO THIS SHOULD INSTANTLY BECOME MUCH EASIER.
Let's see how this goes
Oh... well, that was anticlimatic
ironic how I can bully Garon all I want here when he had 1-3 range in Fates

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
WAIT **** I JUST REMEMBERED I GAVE JOSHUA DC SOMETIME AGO THIS SHOULD INSTANTLY BECOME MUCH EASIER.
It went so well, you decided to double post in celebration?

I literally just came here to ask if you had given Joshua DC at any point. It really does make things like this so much easier.

I think it might be possible if you didn't, anyway (or at least I had something in mind that looked like it could work for your team, but I couldn't actually test it), but I doubt you care about that any more. :p

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I take back my last post.

I gave Hinoka a Brave Bow.

It was still really long and convoluted though, I might post a video later if I can recreate the strat.

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326
I have a personal rule to avoid dancers in infernal clears >.<

As long as this isn't as tough as Valter, I should be good. Hopefully.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

It went so well, you decided to double post in celebration?

I literally just came here to ask if you had given Joshua DC at any point. It really does make things like this so much easier.

I think it might be possible if you didn't, anyway (or at least I had something in mind that looked like it could work for your team, but I couldn't actually test it), but I doubt you care about that any more. :p
Please forgive me Father Moydow, for I have sinned

I could probably do it without DC but it would have to be a wildly different strategy as I need Joshua to kill the Green Cav on Turn 1 for this one to work.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Got a recording of my strat. I managed to optimise it since my original victory so it's not nearly as long or tight. I can actually do it in 5 turns but for the recorded run, I accidentally did something slightly different which made the A.I move in different directions, but I was able to rescue the situation regardless and cleared it in six turns.

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
So.

Glasses basically opened the fanart floodgates.

732cmzudyen11.jpg

And I never want em to close again.

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
Please forgive me Father Moydow, for I have sinned

I could probably do it without DC but it would have to be a wildly different strategy as I need Joshua to kill the Green Cav on Turn 1 for this one to work.
Sorry, but I need to get my daily dose of salt from somewhere, nothin personnel kid

I think what I had in mind was to start by moving Joshua and Hector towards the bottom left and right respectively, to deal with the red mage and bow cavaliers that show up there. I'm not sure if Nino has enough power to kill the lance armour in one shot, but I'd probably attack it anyway just to knock off some of its health and get some special charge (in fact you probably don't want to kill it yet, since it restrains Garon's movement later on). Then move Joshua towards the middle to tank the green mage, kill it on the next turn, then do a bunch of Swap/Dance/Reposition shuffling to haul Hector's 1-move arse the whole way across to the lower left corner to attack the lance flier. From there it gets harder for me to predict without actually having access to your team, but you're at least clear of some of the worst threats by then.

D

Deleted member

Sorry, but I need to get my daily dose of salt from somewhere, nothin personnel kid

I think what I had in mind was to start by moving Joshua and Hector towards the bottom left and right respectively, to deal with the red mage and bow cavaliers that show up there. I'm not sure if Nino has enough power to kill the lance armour in one shot, but I'd probably attack it anyway just to knock off some of its health and get some special charge (in fact you probably don't want to kill it yet, since it restrains Garon's movement later on). Then move Joshua towards the middle to tank the green mage, kill it on the next turn, then do a bunch of Swap/Dance/Reposition shuffling to haul Hector's 1-move arse the whole way across to the lower left corner to attack the lance flier. From there it gets harder for me to predict without actually having access to your team, but you're at least clear of some of the worst threats by then.
Nino leaves the Blue Armor with EXACTLY 1HP so yeah.

But I did try something similar by starting with the two from the bottom but if the Green Cav is alive, he ruins everything simce Ninian is made of paper.

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
Nino leaves the Blue Armor with EXACTLY 1HP so yeah.

But I did try something similar by starting with the two from the bottom but if the Green Cav is alive, he ruins everything simce Ninian is made of paper.
Hmm. I thought it would be possible to leave safe spaces for Ninian to move to using Reposition and stuff, but the green mage does make it a lot more awkward, and there's probably AI shenanigans going on that I'm not able to fully account for too. I could keep poking at it and I'd probably arrive at something eventually, but there's probably not much point when I can't replicate your team exactly.

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
Well, I decided to make this GHB a bit more fun by taking down Garon with my Corrin team.

with a little help from the fell dragon

Here's the recording. :estatic:

D

Deleted member

Hmm. I thought it would be possible to leave safe spaces for Ninian to move to using Reposition and stuff, but the green mage does make it a lot more awkward, and there's probably AI shenanigans going on that I'm not able to fully account for too. I could keep poking at it and I'd probably arrive at something eventually, but there's probably not much point when I can't replicate your team exactly.
Just tried by starting with moving Joshua and Hector down while Nino kills the staff user, the positioning always leaves someone in range of either Garon when his weapon activates or an unit they have WTD against. Maybe if I try more I can find a combination that works but when DC makes it so much easier I don't see why bother.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Finally got another Celica from her banner, though I've depleted my orbs in the process. The good news is this Celica has much better IVs, being +Speed instead of +Defense. Same bane of -Res though, but that matters less. She's at +2 now.

Now to pray that the post-Múspell New Heroes banner doesn't have any of my favorites on it. :p

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I've now beaten all of the Book I and Paralogues Lunatic Chain Challenges.

Still have the 10 map ones for Book II left.

Hopefully I can get a few more done and have a decent stockpile of Orbs for Leagjarn.

Top Bottom