• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Work In Progress Fire Emblem Heroes: Finally found Forrest, MIA since 2017

Best hair colour for Forrest?

• Total voters

Ivander

Smash Legend
Yo, I hope Julia/Deidre's refine is Mystic Boost.

Also this is some real **** :ultshaq:
https://old.reddit.com/r/FireEmblem...nges_to_merge_allies_coming_in_february_2019/
Wait......so, basically, Banes are taken away the moment you plus one a unit? So now, all it's about is finding the right boon? Is that what it's supposed to be? And in the case of Neutral units, they get a +2 to their first stat upgrades for when that stat first boosts? So all units in general get a +4-5 BST boost?

I sure I'm reading this wrong somehow and that there is a better explanation someone can do.

Last edited:

Ivander

Smash Legend
Well, anyway, that change to Merge Heroes is huge as:

For one: It's now all about getting the best boon rather than the best boon and bane now once the Merge comes in.
For two: This gives a big boost to alot of old units as much as it does new ones.

For three: Heck, this is a big boost to units who favor -DEF/RES/HP Banes as this will give a boost to their survivability. Some old units may actually become much better thanks to their survivability, like Caeda who favors -HP/-DEF or many units who favor -RES can now survive some Magic units now.

Neutral Units also get a good benefit by getting an additional boost to all their Stats, which greatly helps TT and GHB Units. And it also benefits characters with balanced stats, especially Female Grima.
And this can either be good or bad for -SPD Bane users, as this can either help or hurt them in stopping doubles as some characters with -SPD rely on enemies doubling them and getting the big boost in SPD can hurt them as it can prevent some doubles.

Edit: And boy oh boy, it's going to feel good when I open up FEH and get to look as my merge heroes with good boons, but not banes have their banes fixed. My Linde will lose her stupid -SPD Bane while keeping her ATK Boon, my Roy will lose his -DEF Bane, my Valentine Lyn will lose her -DEF Bane, making her Blorowl Tome build more useful, etc.

Last edited:

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
After getting memed twice by -Def F!Grimas this is amazing news.

Also, the data update for L!Azura is out and apparently they added the next seasonals in.

EDIT: Fjorm confirmed lul

Last edited:

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
Honestly, the merge changes are hype. My +Spd/-Atk F!Grima and +Spd/-Def Winter Robin just became optimal.

I think we have evidence that the merge change will even patch super banes, given how they said the total stat change for +10 units would be 3-4 points (4 points is impossible in the stated system unless it's a super bane being patched up fully).

That's really exciting.

Ivander

Smash Legend
You know the nice thing about the Merging Allies update? All units with a non-Speed Bane get a big boost in survivability if they are -HP/DEF/RES. Meanwhile, -SPD Bane units, especially Armored Units, hardly get any benefit from it.

Also, we have our Fjorm artwork. And supposedly, the other New Years units are Gunnthra, Hrid, Laegjern and Laevateinn.

She's beautiful. Here's hoping she's the free TT Unit.

Last edited:

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
You know the nice thing about the Merging Allies update? All units with a non-Speed Bane get a big boost in survivability if they are -HP/DEF/RES. Meanwhile, -SPD Bane units, especially Armored Units, hardly get any benefit from it.

Also, we have our Fjorm artwork. And supposedly, the other New Years units are Gunnthra, Hrid, Laegjern and Laevateinn.

She's beautiful. Here's hoping she's the free TT Unit.
Cough and Gun look gorgeous

Laeg looks like she was made by Daisuke Izuka this time, dunno how to feel.

Ivander

Smash Legend
New Years Units' skills:
https://old.reddit.com/r/FireEmblemHeroes/comments/aa73nq/new_years_2019_unit_skills/

Laegjern is definitely the TT Unit due to not having a full set of skills. That said, she comes with Chill Res, which is a wanted Chill Skill for a good number of Mages, especially Reinhardt. She also comes with Def Tactics, which isn't a bad skill for Tactics teams.

Gunnthra comes with Joint Hone SPD and Hrid comes with Hone ATK 4. Fjorm has Bride Cordelia/Summer Takumi stats and her weapon really helps her with doubling thanks to it's Chill SPD effect. Laevateinn comes with a Chill Staff compared to Eirika's Fortify Staff. It reduces the ATK and Speed of the foe with the lowest DEF.

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
Hrid looks awesome in that yukata! I'm definitely pulling for him!

Kinda surprised by the lack of a Sakura alt though for this NY banner. She's a Hoshidan, so she'd fit well for it, and she is the only one out of all the Hoshidan royals that doesn't have a Kinshi alt yet, so I thought NY's would be that time. Alas, looks like she won't be getting such an alt this soon.

Also looking forward to that new Merge update. No longer will we need to worry about banes now, but guess this means we'll need to work twice as hard in pulling for characters now.

Last edited:

Ivander

Smash Legend
Also looking forward to that new Merge update. No longer will we need to worry about boons now, but guess this means we'll need to work twice as hard in pulling for characters now.
Banes, not boons. :p

That said, by what I've looked at regarding Neutral Units, they get a +1 for their first 3 highest stats when they merge the first and second times. That means:
Say, if you get a Xander to +1, Xander's HP and DEF will get +2 rather than +1. Then when Xander goes to +2, his ATK being the 3rd highest will get +2. Which means at +2, Xander will have 46 HP, 34 ATK(50 ATK), 25 SPD, 39 DEF and 17 RES. So at +10, Xander will have 49 HP, 37 ATK(53 ATK), 28 SPD, 42 DEF and 21 RES.
This will be a decent buff for all TT and GHB units.
-It helps the Tank units, like Xander, Michalis, Zephiel, Garon, etc, tank and deal more damage.
-For Glass Cannons like Clarisse and Fallen Takumi, this may give them a crucial extra +1 SPD that can allow them to successfully double an enemy.
-Aversa gets an additional +1 to her HP, allowing her to hit more units with her PRF weapon's debuff effect.
-Arvis, Saias and Julius get an additional +1 RES to allow them to hit more foes with their Ploy effects.

And that's hitting some of the tips. I wonder what happens to stats that are tied for 3rd place, especially Female Robin.
Hrid is best Princess
ATK/SPD Bond
Spur DEF/RES

I thought us getting ATK/DEF Bond was insane, but us getting ATK/SPD Bond too?!

That said, EXP Seals when, IS? I can understand why no Valor, but EXP skills as Seals should not be a problem.

Last edited:

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Yo, thanks for giving me huge massive gigantic chance to freepull Azura, IS.
Screenshot_20181228-000413.jpg

Ivander

Smash Legend
You know when you get that feeling that you feel like the game knows what you want to pull, but can't say for certain. Well, I certainly can say that the game knew for certain what I wanted and really wanted to mock me.
As I mentioned, I wanted to try and get Legendary Marth or Hector since I am still missing a Fire Legendary Hero, but I mainly wanted L!Marth. How do I know the game was absolutely toying with the fact that I wanted L!Marth? When I literally get 8 Regular Marths and 6 Seliphs.

And of course, I didn't get Legendary Marth. Heck, I didn't get a new Hero I didn't have at all. The only 5-star I got was a Flier Nino which I already had and had already merged once and had a optimal Boon for her already. Geez, my luck when it comes to trying to get a Fire Legendary Hero is abysmal. Whereas I seem to have great luck in getting Wind and Water Legendary Heroes, as per my luck with Lyn, Gunnthra and Ryoma.

Last edited:

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
Banes, not boons. :p
I did fix the typo about a few minutes after I made that post though.

------

All 230 of my current stash of orbs were used on the Legendary Hero banner last night, and it was quite eventful!

To preface my summoning adventure, I only pulled one Summer Takumi out of all them: he was my free summon! My Summer Takumi is now at 40+2!

I pulled a whole bunch of 5 stars using the orb I gathered, so there's a lot to share for this one:

These were the five stars I got in the summoning session immediately after I got my third Summer Takumi as my free summon:

My first Helbindi and my first Summer Camilla!

In subsequent summoning sessions, these were the other most notable full-round summons:

The total number of five stars I pulled with the orbs I used:

-4 Summer Camillas (Yes, I repeat, FOUR Summer Camillas)
-2 Helbindis
-1 Summer Takumi
-1 Fjorm
-1 Summer Young Tiki
-1 Eir
-1 Legendary Hector

All four Summer Camillas had meh IVs, and two of them have already been used as Hone Fliers fodder: one for my Myrrh, the other for my Flying Olivia. Both have been wanting Hone Fliers for a long time now, so it feels good to finally have that skill. My Flier Emblem will definitely improve in its offenses now thanks to Myrrh having the skill, while my Summer Takumi solos on my GHB, BHB, and LHB attempts will be easier now that Summer Takumi will receive the highest possible Attack and Speed boost from them. I'll be holding on to the other two Summer Camillas as future Hone Fliers fodder. Feels good to finally have some easy access to Hone Fliers atm.

The first Helbindi I pulled is +Atk -Def, while the second one I got is +HP -Def. I thought about foddering away one of them for their A-skill, but I've decided I'll merge them for the upcoming merge update to get rid of the Defense bane. The one with the Attack asset is definitely staying of course!

As for the other five stars, Fjorm and Legendary Hector had completely neutral natures, Summer Young Tiki is +HP -Res, and Eir is +Def -HP. Fjorm and Summer Young Tiki were merged with the old copies I have, Eir will be retained for skill inheritance (for either Swift Sparrow or Mystic Boost; she's also my second spare copy of her), and Legendary Hector has already passed his Distant Counter to my +Atk -Spd Sword Reinhardt I pulled a short while back. I can now finally finish building my Sword Reinhardt!

I think I'll still try pulling from the Legendary Hero banner these next few days, namely to get more Summer Takumis for merges, Legendary Hectors for DC, and a copy of Legendary Azura just to use for myself.

Ivander

Smash Legend
Well, after my previous session, it decided to be nice to me and give me a Flier Tiki. She came with her best Boon, +SPD. She has -RES though, which isn't her preferred bane due to being a Superbane. That being said, if I get another one, that merge will take out the bane later.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
I did fix the typo about a few minutes after I made that post though.

------

All 230 of my current stash of orbs were used on the Legendary Hero banner last night, and it was quite eventful!

To preface my summoning adventure, I only pulled one Summer Takumi out of all them: he was my free summon! My Summer Takumi is now at 40+2!

I pulled a whole bunch of 5 stars using the orb I gathered, so there's a lot to share for this one:

These were the five stars I got in the summoning session immediately after I got my third Summer Takumi as my free summon:

My first Helbindi and my first Summer Camilla!

In subsequent summoning sessions, these were the other most notable full-round summons:

The total number of five stars I pulled with the orbs I used:

-4 Summer Camillas (Yes, I repeat, FOUR Summer Camillas)
-2 Helbindis
-1 Summer Takumi
-1 Fjorm
-1 Summer Young Tiki
-1 Eir
-1 Legendary Hector

All four Summer Camillas had meh IVs, and two of them have already been used as Hone Fliers fodder: one for my Myrrh, the other for my Flying Olivia. Both have been wanting Hone Fliers for a long time now, so it feels good to finally have that skill. My Flier Emblem will definitely improve in its offenses now thanks to Myrrh having the skill, while my Summer Takumi solos on my GHB, BHB, and LHB attempts will be easier now that Summer Takumi will receive the highest possible Attack and Speed boost from them. I'll be holding on to the other two Summer Camillas as future Hone Fliers fodder. Feels good to finally have some easy access to Hone Fliers atm.

The first Helbindi I pulled is +Atk -Def, while the second one I got is +HP -Def. I thought about foddering away one of them for their A-skill, but I've decided I'll merge them for the upcoming merge update to get rid of the Defense bane. The one with the Attack asset is definitely staying of course!

As for the other five stars, Fjorm and Legendary Hector had completely neutral natures, Summer Young Tiki is +HP -Res, and Eir is +Def -HP. Fjorm and Summer Young Tiki were merged with the old copies I have, Eir will be retained for skill inheritance (for either Swift Sparrow or Mystic Boost; she's also my second spare copy of her), and Legendary Hector has already passed his Distant Counter to my +Atk -Spd Sword Reinhardt I pulled a short while back. I can now finally finish building my Sword Reinhardt!

I think I'll still try pulling from the Legendary Hero banner these next few days, namely to get more Summer Takumis for merges, Legendary Hectors for DC, and a copy of Legendary Azura just to use for myself.
Legit surprised that you dumped all your stash on the Lego, considering Hrid is around the corner :p

-----

The only circle I did resulted in 3☆s only, so Im not touching that banner anymore.
Lowkey want NY!Fjorm but I gotta start saving for Thrasir.

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
Legit surprised that you dumped all your stash on the Lego, considering Hrid is around the corner :p
I thought about it, but the Legendary Hero banner lineup was too good not to just spend a few orbs on.

Not to mention if I want to go for more Summer Takumi merges, now is my best chance, because the next time I'll be able to go for this opportunity, it won't be until next summer when he will reappear.

Thankfully, that upcoming New Year's banner will last for a good while, so I've got enough time to pull New Year's Hrid.

Last edited:

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
>mfw I remember Dawn Suzu has built in Hardy Bearing.
Screenshot_20181229-005654.jpg

My optimized Ophelia put the hard work and completed her first Abyssal. Taking out Azura early makes this map pretty easy.

Ivander

Smash Legend
By what I've checked, the packs might be going for around 70$ due to the amount of Orbs.

That said, those packs are really stretching into some P2W territory. Not because of the Heroes or Orbs, but because of those Aether Stones/Heroic Grails.

Getting those from the packs actually give an advantage due to the fact that those 2 are hard to come across and:
-Aether Stones are important for upgrading buildings and 400 definitely gives some advantage over those who don't get the pack
-Considering it's about an average of 40-60 Grails a week, getting 200 practically allows some people to get to some +10 Neutral units more quicker than normal.

Ivander

Smash Legend
So yeah, the packs are apparently $74.99, which is about the standard price for the regular Orbs.
https://www.reddit.com/r/FireEmblemHeroes/comments/aasgi4/new_year_bundles_are_priced_at_7499_each/

Have to pass on this one. Mostly because I'm Canadian and over here, it would be over $100 bucks which is insanity. And to think with Grand Order, it's only about $40 to get the Quartz for a Guaranteed Banner. Hell, in Japan, it's now actually only 15 Quartz for a Paid Guarantee Banner meaning it's only around $20 Dollars for a Guaranteed 5-Star Servant.
This is not how you draw in the customers and the money, IS. You'd probably get people more had you've done something like the Black Knight pack.

Anyway, also new Voting Gauntlet.
https://www.reddit.com/r/FireEmblem...acket_for_voting_gauntlet_new_years_showdown/

"No Ryoma". Darn, I was hoping he'd appear again after what happened last year. :laugh:

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
I lowkey quit playing FEH

Mostly because Anna has not gotten an alt yet

Home girl needs better treatment

Make a banner with four Anna's and then I'll come back

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130
I lowkey quit playing FEH

Mostly because Anna has not gotten an alt yet

Home girl needs better treatment

Make a banner with four Anna's and then I'll come back
Man... that would be my dream banner right there.

But at this point, I just want an Anna alt IS.

JUST ONE.

Last edited:

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
As tempted as I feel of going for both bundles, I don't think I'll go for both just yet. My main incentive in using those orbs is to pull for New Year Hrid, but I'd like to see how using the free orbs I have by then will go. If I don't pull New Year Hrid with the free orbs when the NY banner drops, I'll probably consider buying one of the bundles. If I do pull New Year Hrid as a free summon or from those free orbs, I'll probably just use those orbs for the Legendary Hero banner if it's still running because there's still some stuff I'd like to pull from it like more Summer Takumis for merges (speaking of which, I managed to pull my fourth Summer Takumi yesterday with some orbs I gathered, so he's now at 40+3), Legendary Hectors for DC, and a copy of Legendary Azura for myself.

As for the Voting Gauntlet, I'm going with either Team Takumi or Team Hrid for this one since they are my favorite of the ones featured. I'm definitely going for Team Takumi first, but if Team Takumi loses at some point and Team Hrid is still in it, I'll just hop over to Team Hrid.

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
Axebreaker:

Dragonbreaker:

Dealbreaker:
View attachment 184811
It's actually the same price as the regular 140 orb bundle, so technically it's a good value.

The scummiest thing is them selling Aether Stones. That's pretty close to a pay to win situation, considering how scarce stones are.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
My thing about it isn't the fact that they made a bundle, but why make a bundle catered towards big spenders who were already gonna spend money on New Years when you could make a bundle aimed at people who don't spend money/small spenders to try and get people to break the ice on spending money in this game? And all of the big spenders would get that for the free unit, while ALSO getting their normal huge packs? At the very least, a less expensive version with less Orbs and just the free units would have driven more sales too. Catering only to big spenders just seems like a waste.

I myself would have bought at least the Laevatein one if it was more in line with the Burger King bundle but nah, not at that price, I could buy Three Houses probably for less money when it comes out.

Probably won't pull on the New Years banner anyway now though since Laegjarn is free and she's the only one of the lot that I'd have seriously pulled for.

allmightfeheroesnewyears.png

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
When you blew your whole stash in Colorless Hell
1545109510531.jpg

But 88 ****ing Orbs tomorrow
1545109646455.jpg

Ivander

Smash Legend
So for those interested in which stats get increased for the TT & GHB Heroes when the Merge update comes...

Top Bottom