• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Work In Progress Fire Emblem Heroes: Finally found Forrest, MIA since 2017

Best hair colour for Forrest?

• Total voters

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
Free summon on the new Hero Fest banner gave me this:

A free Eir! She's +Atk -Spd though, so it's a very hit or miss nature. Thankfully, I still have the neutral copy from completing Chapter 1 of Book III, so I'll just use that as my main Eir. As for the one I got as a free unit, she's set to be Swift Sparrow fodder. Pretty nice that she comes with it!

Ivander

Smash Legend
Free summon on the new Hero Fest banner gave me this:

A free Eir! She's +Atk -Spd though, so it's a very hit or miss nature. Thankfully, I still have the neutral copy from completing Chapter 1 of Book III, so I'll just use that as my main Eir. As for the one I got as a free unit, she's set to be Swift Sparrow fodder. Pretty nice that she comes with it!
If you have an Alm, give him Mystic Boost from your Free Summon Eir. Mystic Boost will heal him whenever he uses Double Lion, meaning he can use Double Lion again shortly after, especially in tandem with a Dancer. It also gives him more survivability in general and against Staves. Mystic Boost is also good for Julia, as it will keep Dragons from going after her low DEF.

Last edited:

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
If you have an Alm, give him Mystic Boost from your Free Summon Eir. Mystic Boost will heal him whenever he uses Double Lion, meaning he can use Double Lion again shortly after, especially in tandem with a Dancer. It also gives him more survivability in general and against Staves. Mystic Boost is also good for Julia, as it will keep Dragons from going after her low DEF.
Does Mystic Boost work well if Alm is running Fury + his refined Falchion? My Alm is +HP -Def, and he has been using the Fury-Renewal-Reciprocal Aid set to take advantage of that. He takes 11 damage after one round of combat though (Fury + Refined Falchion), so Mystic Boost doesn't exactly cover his recoil damage completely.

Ivander

Smash Legend
Does Mystic Boost work well if Alm is running Fury + his refined Falchion? My Alm is +HP -Def, and he has been using the Fury-Renewal-Reciprocal Aid set to take advantage of that. He takes 11 damage after one round of combat though (Fury + Refined Falchion), so Mystic Boost doesn't exactly cover his recoil damage completely.
Maybe, although as Mystic Boost 3 heals only 6 damage, if Alm does Double Lion, it will heal the recoil from Fury 3, but will still take the 5 damage from Double Lion. At the very least, after every combat, Mystic Boost would remove the Recoil from Fury 3 afterwards while Renewal from his weapon when it activates gives him back his Double Lion to use every second turn.

That said, Death Blow 3 works just as well for Alm, since Double Lion only activates when Alm initiates combat, which activates Death Blow anyhow.

Ivander

Smash Legend
Do we know what goes first though? Fury damage or MB heal?
They both go. Basically, say if without Fury, Double Lion goes off. When Double Lion and Mystic Boost go off, Alm will be shown to get +1 HP after combat. So when Fury 3 and Mystic Boost go off, it will just treat it as if there was no Recoil damage.

Last edited:

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
I think for those kinds of skills, it calculates the total damage and healing, and then adds or subtracts the result to your HP. So it'd take the -5 HP from Double Lion, and add the +6 HP from Mystic Boost, for a total +1 HP, and then apply that +1 to Alm's HP. If it's Fury instead, they just cancel out so there's no change. While Fury, Double Lion, and Mystic Boost all together would be -6 -5 +6 = -5 HP.

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
see, even I double-post sometimes, but I am the double-post police so nothing happens to me

New event calendar time:

This thing is really busy, it's kind of hard to see exactly what's going on.

I guess the one that stands out to me is the Three Princesses quest/Tempest Trials. I'm guessing it'll be based around Sharena, Fjorm, and Eir.

Ivander

Smash Legend
see, even I double-post sometimes, but I am the double-post police so nothing happens to me

New event calendar time:

I guess the one that stands out to me is the Three Princesses quest/Tempest Trials. I'm guessing it'll be based around Sharena, Fjorm, and Eir.
I think the thing that strikes out to me is the fact that we're getting another Tempest Trials shortly after the Life is But Fleeting Tempest Trials. Like...man, potentially 6 Sacred Seals to get within a short time span.

D

Deleted member

New event calendar time:

We getting a seasonal banner on Monday? Please let me have Christmas Joshua, IS, make the "Tempest Santa" happen.

Also, "Life is but Fleeting" is likely related to this new banner while the next one is likely related to Fjorm and Eir.

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
I'm just glad to see this year's Christmas banner will last a month this time and not just two weeks, as was the case with last year's Christmas banner.

I'm a bit surprised the schedule doesn't mention anything about the Mythic Heroes banner either despite the recent reveal of MHs.

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
Finally got the reminder to get the Free Eir today. Good thing I can dismiss these reminders.

I did the story maps on Lunatic but not Normal or Hard. Now that the game lets you do the higher difficulties first, guess I'll add the Normal difficulty of story maps to my pseudo-stockpile of unfinished content.

Also, frepulled a 5* Catria today. +Spd, -Res. Neato.

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
Ho ho ho, Christmas time is here in Fire Emblem Heroes! The new Christmas banner features Fae, Ephraim, and Eirika, and Cecillia is the TT award. All of them are armored units.

Of interest, Winter Eirika is our first Armored Healer! Unfortunately, her getting her 4th alt with this banner means she is much less likely to make top 2 in CYL3 this year. The banner also marks the debut of Des/Res Bond, Atk/Def Solo, and Atk Opening 3 skills.

This banner is a rather easy skip for me. While I like Eirika, I'm not in the mood to have an Armored Healer right now. Ephraim also looks interesting, but I want him mainly for Bold Fighter. I will say that I love their Christmas alts. They look great in them!

Last edited:

Ivander

Smash Legend
Ho ho ho, Christmas time is here in Fire Emblem Heroes! The new Christmas banner features Fae, Ephraim, and Eirika, and Cecillia is the TT award. All of them are armored units.

Of interest, Winter Eirika is our first Armored Healer! Unfortunately, her getting her 4th alt with this banner means she is much less likely to make top 2 in CYL3 this year. The banner also marks the debut of Des/Res Bond, Atk/Def Solo, and Atk Opening 3 skills.

This banner is a rather easy skip for me. While I like Eirika, I'm not in the mood to have an Armored Healer right now. Ephraim also looks interesting, but I want him mainly for Bold Fighter. I will say that I love their Christmas alts. They look great in them!
Eirika is going to be gotten just for that weapon AND C-skill and not just the Razzle Dazzle Armor. Cause good lord, +6 ATK & +5 DEF & RES for the Ally with the Highest ATK. It's not even Adjacent Ally, it's just Ally. And the scary thing is that can affect Multiple Units who are tied with the same ATK, so imagine 3 Units getting +6 ATK & +5 DEF & RES!

That said,
-I wonder how people will react to Eirika considering Ephraim is also getting his 4th Alt. Not even including the fact that these, for Ephraim and Eirika, are their first Seasonal Alts.
-Oh boy......people complained about Surtr being impossible to kill. Now imagine a Green Dragon Armoured unit who gets +6 Additional DEF+RES with their Weapon, plus another 5 each with their Bond + another 12 each with Ward Armor! And that's not the worst part! The Weapon is INHERITABLE! :smash:
-Remember how we laughed at how M!Robin and Corrin got Winter outfits while their Female counterparts got Swimsuits? Now we have Innes and Tana getting Swimsuits and Ephraim and Eirika getting Winter outfits. :laugh:

Last edited:

Jojalole

Henshin a go go baby!
Switch FC
SW 7943 9867 0675
We got confirmation of the new Tempest Trial

9a40f62.jpg

We seem to be getting Fierce Stance and Drive Res as sacred seals. I guess there's another one that isn't noteworthy, such as a dance skill or whatever. Also only Cecilia is a F2P choice for bonus unit, geez. I ain't going to pull on this banner unless they give those tickets, so I guess I can only use her.

Speaking of Cecilia, the official account has uploaded her art and she looks absolutely gorgeous.
748e756.jpg

EDIT: geez, IS sure knows what sells on an unit
8d0fd94.jpg

A big smile of course! What were you guys thinking?

Last edited:

NSSKG151

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Lucaruto151RedX
3DS FC
1092-1616-4089
Switch FC
SW-4128-7335-9024
Eirika got great art once again. Usually I don't pull seasonal units but I might make an exception this time especially since Eirika isn't sharing a color with the other units.

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
Wonder if the Winter's Envoy rerun will drop tonight.

With the upcoming Tempest featuring them as bonus units, seems like they'd want to put them out beforehand.

Ivander

Smash Legend
So update:
Seasonal Hero Stats:

And TT Units and Seals:

Sword Reinhardt and Ares are going to love that Fierce Stance Seal for their Vantage Builds. Also, Cecilia is good for a Free Unit, much like Eliwood and Dorcas. She comes with the Goodie Boot(inb4Boottotheheadjokes), which gives +2 DEF & RES for each ally nearby much like Fae's weapon and she's got good DEF & RES to compliment it. And she comes with ATK/RES Bond 3 at 4-Star.

Edit: Oh, by the way, Minerva X Cherche canon.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Ah right, I ended up pulling yesterday and forgot to post my loot
Screenshot_20181217-112441.png

Super nice, I wanted Helbindi ever since his introduction but I didn't have orbs for him and only got Laevatainn on a lucky free summon.

Then this happened
Screenshot_20181217-110413.png

Guess I have to train all those 5* Lv1 units I'm hording now. One of them became fodder for Joshua and let me tell you, Steady Breath+Special Spiral is hella scary. Been using it with Aether but I wanna see how well it is with Iceberg since that'd just be an infinite nuke on Joshua.

Not pictured: another goddamn off banner Thief Eirika.
Useless fodder for me and I reaply don't feel like building her

Ivander

Smash Legend
So I got Winter Eirika from the Banner.....

Can I just say that watching my 2 TT Bonus Units(W!Robin and W!Lissa) and Brave Ephraim doing TT Mode, all with the same ATK when applying TT Stat Bonuses, having +6 ATK and +5 DEF & RES at all times during the TT is amazing?

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
I just finished up a couple of long-term projects I've been working on. Took several months and hundreds of orbs, but they're finally done. :estatic:

IMG_1714.PNG
IMG_1715.PNG

redfeatherraven redfeatherraven

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
I am a simple man. I see dragons, I like.

Grats on the +10s, man. How's the F!Corrin work out?
F!Corrin's a strange unit, and her performance can vary wildly depending on the situation and the build she's using. The one I posted there is just one of a few. I have a few Dark Breath set ups as well.

She can be extremely potent though. She specializes in creating massive stat swings to give herself an advantage, and at her best she can completely shut down enemies. Even before she was +10 she's helped me clear several Infernal and Abyssal maps. She's a lot of fun.

Also worth noting that she has a support with M!Corrin, so half the time she's getting a massive stat boost from Yato. At that point she's borderline invincible.

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
Looks like IS pulled a sneaky on us:

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Since it is been a while I must shove my insane success in recent banners showcase some nice pulls I've done recently.

After saving around 300ish orbs I managed to bank on the Hero Fest:
Ophelia x 3
-Atk AF!Corrin
-Spd Ylgr
-Atk Sonya (eww)
-Atk Lewyn

On Winter's Envoy I free pulled +Spd Elincia for my new flier squad, followed by a -Spd Mia and finally a -Def+Spd W!Tharja.

And of course my best pull:
Screenshot_20181219-000429.jpg

Now I just need an Hector :estatic:

Last edited:

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
Oh yeah. Didn't mention this earlier, but I just spent 1200 F2P orbs on the Winter's Envoy banner for a Winter Robin supermerge. Ask me anything

In terms of notable goodies, I got:
-Shiro (+Def/-Res)
-Hinoka (+Def/-HP)
-Dreamy M!Corrin (+Res/-Atk)
-F!Morgan (+Atk/-HP)
-Winter Tharja
-Sumia
-Ylgr
-Kliff
-Shigure (+Atk/-HP)
-12 Subakis
-8 Shannas
-7 Tailtius
-The last 10 merges I needed for F!Corrin and Nowi.

As for the big prize, well...

IMG_1721.PNG

+Spd/-Def. Nearly perfect. :chuckle:

Still very much a work in progress, but I'm very satisfied with the results so far. I got his most valuable boon and the vast majority of his merges, so his performance is near optimal anyway. At the moment I'm focused on grinding orbs for this month to see if I can't pull at least one more merge, and long term I'm going to save up for some premium skills to replace the budget ones he's using now.

Speaking of premium skills, shoutouts to the second biggest winners of this banner...

IMG_1723.PNG

IMG_1722.PNG

Spd Tactic and Chill Speed were some of my most desired skills for these guys, and now I have both. :estatic:

Between Chill Spd, Spd Tactic from M!Grima, and potentially +3 Spd from F!Grima's Earth Blessing, the two of them can effectively negate Spd for themselves and their partners. F!Grima can get consistent doubles on even some of the fastest units in the game, while many opponents will be left unable to double M!Grima (and they say -Spd is optimal on him :p).

Overall, I'm quite ecstatic over these results. While I didn't quite reach the +10 Winter Robin I was hoping for, I got basically everything else I could have wanted, including some super premium skills and some of my favorite characters.

Welp, time to start mapping out my plans for next year. ;)

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
I thought W!Tharja being busted was an exaggeration, but damn, she crushed Linus and co.

Hopefully the NY Banner is Fateswakening so I can easily skip it lol.

I just need to pull any X-Mas Renais sibling and another Tharja to finally start saving for something really important:

1544722877429.png

Last edited:

Ivander

Smash Legend
Looks like IS pulled a sneaky on us:

I beat all 3 Difficulties without even knowing this and this was after Gifts of Winter came out. :shades:
I thought W!Tharja being busted was an exaggeration, but damn, she crushed Linus and co.

Hopefully the NY Banner is Fateswakening so I can easily skip it lol.
It's actually possible we might be getting a Fjorm Alt. People have noticed in the descriptions for The Three Princesses quests that Fjorm is called ,"Fjorm: Princess of Ice" rather than just Fjorm without her title, as it only use Fjorm in previous missions. And it was also noted that the same happened to Alfonse and Sharena just before they got their Alts. And considering Fjorm is part of the new Winter Paralogue...

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I beat all 3 Difficulties without even knowing this and this was after Gifts of Winter came out. :shades:

It's actually possible we might be getting a Fjorm Alt. People have noticed in the descriptions for The Three Princesses quests that Fjorm is called ,"Fjorm: Princess of Ice" rather than just Fjorm without her title, as it only use Fjorm in previous missions. And it was also noted that the same happened to Alfonse and Sharena just before they got their Alts. And considering Fjorm is part of the new Winter Paralogue...
I'mma be so salty if Fjorm gets a NY alt

Last edited by a moderator:

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Me: "Ok, now I'll save orbs until the 25th"

My broke *** after getting the 3 miserable orbs from the new quests: "Yolo Summon tiem"
Screenshot_20181222-012033.jpg
This is why I never learn.

Ivander

Smash Legend
I'd vote for her for A Hero Rises Pt 2.
If they do one again....that said, considering how IS encouraged people to vote for Ike shortly after he was shown, I would not be surprised if they do the same with the next Hero if they show off A Hero Rises 2 at the same time as that Hero.
That said, Legendary Azura is definitely going to fight for the position due to the very useful Weapon and Skill, much like how PA!Azura did with L!Ike, Hector and W!Tharja. But with the amount of powerful heroes this time around, it will certainly be more than just 4 Heroes this time.
-I can honestly see the 3 Armoured Dragon girls, especially L!Tiki fighting for the position.
-Legendary Marth would also be another one due to being the Dragon Buster.
-Hrid is another one due to being a Distant Counter Horse unit that can do follow-up attacks and prevent the foe from doing them.
-Micaiah and Summer Micaiah will probably be huge contenders now due to dealing with Armors and Cavalry, both of which are prominent in the Meta.
-Legendary Hector will likely be a contender due to his useful Thunder Armads and Ostain Pulse.
-And then.....there's Surtr. And I can only imagine......how very happy some F2P Players would be and very pissed off a lot of other people would be at the thought of him being a Free unit for everyone.

Last edited:

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Aether Raids with:
>Surtr
>L!Azura
>L!Lucina
>Ophelia
>Lynhardtronica

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
She has Dance Powercreep, a meme Prf and the Duel Skill for the most common flier type.
I wanna get mad but **** you kaya8 for making her so pretty.
Not gonna pull anyway.

D

Deleted member

Should have allowed Horses to get +1 Mov tbh, Reinhardt needs a buff

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
I had a feeling Legendary Azura was going to happen at some point, but this soon? Wasn't Eir supposed to be the featured deal of this month since she is the first Mythic Hero?

Well, that aside, I also predicted if Legendary Azura were to happen, she'd probably be dressed similar to her mother, Arete, and be our first cavalry dancer to fit her mother's class. Turns out she's another flying dancer, but I did get it right that she'd look similar to Arete, especially with that feathered headdress.

Not sure if I want to pull from her despite being a busted good dancer. Maybe if blue is the only orb that pops up, I'll pull her.

But you know what I'm really looking forward to this Legendary Hero banner: THE RETURN OF SUMMER TAKUMI!

I've accumulated over 200 orbs, and it looks like they'll finally have some use!

Here's hoping I'll pull more Summer Takumis, because I want those sweet Summer Takumi merges!

Last edited:
Top Bottom