• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Work In Progress Fire Emblem Heroes: Finally found Forrest, MIA since 2017

Best hair colour for Forrest?

• Total voters

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Raven is nearly obsolete now lol.

Yglr turned out to be the Axe Infantry I was waiting for, great offensive stats and bulk that is respectable.

Laev being this slow really is odd, but with that bulk she can make nice use of Mirror Impact, or even Sturdy just to destroy CBows and smack common AR threats like Duma and F!Tiki. Basically Spring Camilla redux but with slightly better offenses to use a Raventome.

Last edited:

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004

My girl is looking busted, in more ways than one. Swift Sparrow 3, AND a Prf that grants Desperation when she's ABOVE 50% HP.

And god that art. The dagger sheathed on the leg strap is such a good touch.

Might actually go for merges on this.

Also Ylgr is TT unit.
The swimmer in me was very confused why Laevatein uses her kickboard as a tome and not as a dagger. Kickboards actually have good flinging potential in the way they are shaped.

I was originally wanting to skip this banner, but Laegjarn is REALLY tempting me to spend some orbs. Swift Sparrow 3 will turn my Summer Takumi into an even more powerful Brave Bow user than he already is!

Ivander

Smash Legend
Raven is nearly obsolete now lol.

Yglr turned out to be the Axe Infantry I was waiting for, great offensive stats and bulk that is respectable.
Raven is far from obsolete, due to his weapon having Life & Death 3. Sure, Raven doesn't have the bulk, but in terms of ATK and SPD, he still outranks alot of Infantry and also has access to IVs.

Also, new Meet the Heroes stuff
https://guide.fire-emblem-heroes.com/en-GB/category/character/

And even the cutesy art doesn't stop the fanservice-poses, but it leads up into something rather amusing if you start from Gunnthra.

Starting from Gunnthra's page, Gunnthra has the rather fanservice-like pose, to no one's surprise. Then you go to Ylgr's page and you see her trying to be like her sister. You think it'd just be them due to the way their artwork work side-by-side, then you go to Laegjern's page:

Obviously, you start to wonder if Laevateinn is going to do the same when you go to her page and....

Whoever drew the artwork definitely knew what they were doing when they were drawing the poses. Especially with the way it expects you to start at Gunnthra first than make your way to Laevateinn's page.

And in case you're wondering, Helbendi was robbed of his back shot.

Last edited:

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Raven is far from obsolete, due to his weapon having Life & Death 3. Sure, Raven doesn't have the bulk, but in terms of ATK and SPD, he still outranks alot of Infantry and also has access to IVs.

Also, new Meet the Heroes stuff
https://guide.fire-emblem-heroes.com/en-GB/category/character/

And even the cutesy art doesn't stop the fanservice-poses, but it leads up into something rather amusing if you start from Gunnthra.

Starting from Gunnthra's page, Gunnthra has the rather fanservice-like pose, to no one's surprise. Then you go to Ylgr's page and you see her trying to be like her sister. You think it'd just be them due to the way their artwork work side-by-side, then you go to Laegjern's page:

Obviously, you start to wonder if Laevateinn is going to do the same when you go to her page and....

Whoever drew the artwork definitely knew what they were doing when they were drawing the poses. Especially with the way it expects you to start at Gunnthra first than make your way to Laevateinn's page.

And in case you're wondering, Helbendi was robbed of his back shot.

An hour after this post a Galeforce Raven ended my Arena streak.
That's what I get for trash talking lol

---

133 Orbs later
Screenshot_20190620-024746.jpg

Pretty okay results; got the best superboon of her superboons.

Now I have 50 days to get the highest amount of merges possible.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Started at 314 Orbs.

I guess the game decided to channel some of my Opera Omnia luck for once lol. Only pity breaker I got was a Hardin, first time I got him too I think.

IVs are + HP/-Spd, or +Spd/-Atk. Thankfully the new merge changes make the banes a non-issue, but I'm still torn - HP is her super boon, but Spd is obviously a beneficial stat for her. Though perhaps she would have enough between merges, Flier buffs, and her weapon and Swift Sparrow 3, even without a Spd boon?

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Started at 314 Orbs.

I guess the game decided to channel some of my Opera Omnia luck for once lol. Only pity breaker I got was a Hardin, first time I got him too I think.

IVs are + HP/-Spd, or +Spd/-Atk. Thankfully the new merge changes make the banes a non-issue, but I'm still torn - HP is her super boon, but Spd is obviously a beneficial stat for her. Though perhaps she would have enough between merges, Flier buffs, and her weapon and Swift Sparrow 3, even without a Spd boon?
Personally I would use the plus speed one and merge them. Her attack wi be neutral which is fine as Swift sparrow wi make her pretty powerful.

Also fun fact everyone:

With Swift sparrow 3, Reinhardt can reach 39 speed now and that’s if buffed by everything but blessings, goads and drives. So with those in place he can reach the 40s.

You know the meme build of plus 10 plus speed are about to be scary

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I ended up just spending the rest of my Orbs to see what I could get. Only got one more S!Laegjarn and unfortunately no +Atk copy yet.

Build is pretty standard, there really isn't much that needs to be done with her. She's one of those "has most of what she needs to do her best out of the box" units. Makes her boring to build but she's still a case of powercreep so can't complain. She's kinda the opposite of NY!Laegjarn (who can be insanely good but you need to SI lots of skills onto her, including premium ones).

Also one of her quotes is hilariously self aware and also throws shade at Loki, I love it. I probably prefer NY!Laegjarn overall even in spite of the amazing art here but this is a nice last hurrah for me before this game likely goes into full Three Houses hell, lol.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
>Laevatein is named after her blade, her blade has a the bladetome effect, she constantly talks of how she misses her blade, now she got drawn by the Xenoblade designer that also made the protagonist Blades.

1561006561439.jpg

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Put about 110 orbs in today on the banner. I really like helbindi and laegjarn
but I wanted laevatein the most because she’s a cool unit. And i liked how strong and fun her normal version is to use. Got her as my only focus but pretty happy because:
That boon and bane is perfect!

71 attack

50 res

37 def

And 42 hp is pretty good for a mage. Her defenses are fun. She has ignited because I don’t have any other fodder for glacies.

In addition I had like 50 orbs leftover so I’ll start stockpiling them again till Lukas is back in a legendary banner. I’ll try to get a few hundred orbs but they might win me with other banners. Hoping for lots of orb handouts though. At least I can keep all the tempest trial orbs.

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
>Normal Laegjarn is a focus unit now.

Of course they would do this. They always do this.

If this were Opera Omnia, it wouldn't be an issue, I'd be able to go for both.

EDIT: Didn't even give me a red on the free summon, smh.

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I started working on a Laegjarn Emblem team, in case we ever get a 4th Laegjarn. I'll just paste what I posted on Reddit.

Being the big Laegjarn fan that I am and having pulled her Summer variant, I decided now is as good a time as any to start conceptualising a “Laegjarn Emblem” team. Can't say if we'll ever get a 4th one, and I'm sure it would bother a lot of people if it happened, but I'll definitely be pulling for her if that happens, especially since my experimentation with the current three Laegjarns has been working out quite well for a surprisingly synergistic team.

The original (OG!) version of Laegjarn is currently the one I have the most trouble fitting on this team. I do have a wide variety of skills on her but on this team in particular, struggle to give her a real niche. For now, I threw a Spd refined Slaying Edge+ on her and gave her skills that make her sort of an all-around generalist. Another option I think might just about work is to actually try to build her towards “fixing” her Res stat enough with things like a Res refined Barrier Blade+ and Distant Counter (both of which I already have on her), to make her capable of baiting Green mages, since the rest of the team is blue and doesn't have great Res, and her naturally good Def means she can also deal with archers with Distant Counter. Regardless, this is the one who I will do the most experimentation with.

New Years (NY!) Laegjarn is actually one of my personal favourite units in the game, not just because it's Laegjarn in a comfy fluffy kimono drawn by Daisuke Izuka, but I find her to be one of those units that I think is largely underrated by the community and has a lot of hidden potential for those willing to invest the time and resources into her. I also feel she may be the leading Laegjarn of this team. Being a TT unit, she isn't really built with a full kit out of the box and her kit mostly focuses on Chill skills by default as well as Def Tactic, so most just see her as good skill fodder. However, by foddering some premium units and getting some nice skills onto her, as well as with the recently released Brazen Atk/Spd Sacred Seal, I think I've turned her into a bit of a monster. The idea behind her is that she just runs in and storms the enemy on the first turn after getting danced by L!Azura to apply an Atk Tactic buff across all of her stats. With this and all of her personal buff conditionals met, she can reach 71 Atk, 53 Spd, and 56 Def (63 Def on Enemy phase). That's enough for her to be a potential problem for physical green units, as they usually can't do more than single digits to her, and red and blue are almost always doing no damage to her. Her Res is 27 when buffed which is enough to survive against most mages, and this also does her the service of activating her Brazen Skill. If I really wanted to though, I could use Berkut's Lance+ so she can take some magic damage better if a particular map might need it. Atk Smoke is also really useful for her. Usually, when she storms the enemy on that first player phase, there are multiple enemies near her target meaning she is hitting all of them with Atk Smoke, leaving all immediate enemies weaker and less able to put a dent in her. This is especially useful for the mages I mentioned earlier too. The special is pretty flexible. I typically run Galeforce on her on other teams so that's why you see it there (and it still works on this team – the first enemy phase initation where she typically takes on an entire enemy team will fill it up for turn 2). But I have a few other specials like Aether and Ignis which can obviously work well on her too. Overall, I find her to just be an extremely independent and capable unit, and that's just why she works here.

Summer (S!) Laegjarn needs no introduction right now, I'm sure, and not just because of the art. And honestly, I don't have much I feel I need to explain here. She's a blue flying nuke that bombards enemies before they can do anything about it, with her Prf weapon and Swift Sparrow 3. She has the Atk to make good use of Heavy Blade (a shame she can't use Flashing Blade though, she'd NEVER miss that, especially with the +Spd IV I got). Luna and Moonbow are her ideal specials as they will push her over the edge against units who may have high Res or have just enough to survive a normal initiation and retaliate.

Legendary (L!) Azura is subbing in for the lack of a 4th Laegjarn for now. This is mostly because she provides a water blessing for a bit of extra HP and Res which is good for NY!Laegjarn especially, and her utility is generally always really nice to have. As mentioned before, she also is there as an easy way to fully buff NY!Laegjarn, particularly on the first turn.

I haven't touched on them much on purpose, but now I'll briefly talk about the Chill skills. The idea to make a full chill team came about because OG!Laegjarn and NY!Laegjarn already have Chill Atk and Chill Res built into their default kits respecitively, so I figured I may as well go the full extra mile so everyone benefits, and S!Laegjarn and L!Azura don't desperately need anything in paritcular in their B-Slot. NY!Laegjarn has Chill Def built into her default weapon, Wagasa+, but I figured her using Safeguard+ on top of someone else applying Chill Def was better in the long run, especially since Safeguard+ or Berkut's Lance+ can synergise with the Chill Atk from OG!Laegarn, or NY!Laegjarn's own Atk Smoke. Either way, everyone can benefit from these Chill Skills (though Chill Spd is likely overkill for S!Laegjarn, lol).

As for what I would want out of a 4th Laegjarn? The ideal would obviously be a Legendary Laegjarn, with the context being that's she's from a timeline where Laegjarn lived on to become Queen of Múspell. This is because she can provide a HP boost and one other stat boost during the approriate season (likely fire). As for what I want her to be, in terms of unit type, I would ideally like a green axe or green tome Laegjarn to fill up the extra colour, though colourless could work too. Also, perhaps it's too novel an idea, but I find the idea of a Laegjarn with a sing skill similar to L!Azura appealing. Not just because she could replace or even improve upon the current setup I have on this team, but also because Laegjarn's English VA (Abby Trott – though she uses the alias “Alicia Stratten” in FE Heroes) is the English singer for Lifelight, the theme song of Super Smash Bros. Ultimate, so as a nod to that, her special sing skill could be named after the song. It's unlikely this would happen due to it being a bit of trivia exclusive to the English dub and might fly over the head of the Japanese audience, but it's definitely my ideal dream for a Laegjarn alt – plus she could totally rock a really elegant dress with light armour plating, making her like a queen rallying the troops with her song. Though failing that, just a tanky but fast green axe infantry with a cool new skill of some kind, or a green tome flier, would probably be just fine and work really well on this team too. A Res tank Laegjarn would also fill an open niche on the team.

Until that fourth Laegjarn comes, I will continue my futile effort to +10 all three current Laegjarns, haha.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
This is a good free summon:
179D251B-F521-4424-BE4F-5E0FDB63424B.png

Plus res minus speed do not bad. It last my first one and I’ve wanted him so I’m happy. I’ll just have to buff his sped when using him

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I've been doing this since last night.

I had barely done any Chain Challenges since Book III started. Laegjarn Emblem steamrolled them though, Summer Laegjarn and New Years Laegjarn were so amazing, especially. I only did the Lunatic ones for now because I am scavenging up Orbs for Laegjarn or Summer Laegjarn merges (still undecided on whether or not it's worth it to chase normal Laegjarn and then use what remains on Summer Laegjarn, or hold onto my Orbs for two months and go all in on Summer Laegjarn).

And also decided to clear out all of the Blessed Gardens to get Orbs and refine materials, but also so they can be over with and I don't have to worry about Blessing distribution anymore. It's pretty easy to cheese the system by switching some of your best units to different Blessings since you get Blessings back and if you plan it out, you can loop those characters back into the blessing you actually want them to be for other modes (Water in my case). I reckon that's part of why they decided to discontinue this mode, it's very arbitrary.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Been grinding the forging bonds this past season. Got 120k feathers from it. Going to keep going for more for merging down the line

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Can't wait for Topless Noire as her next alt /s
ZxdYXKK (1).png

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Finally got these done now too.

The maps with turn limits that just randomly show up can go die in Muspellflame.

I don't feel a rush to do Normal/Hard Chain Challenges since feathers are plentiful.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
OC Summer banners seem to have killed discussion around here, so...

Legendary Hero trailer tonight. Speculation? Hopes? Hopes for the featured units?

I won't be pulling on it due to having too much on my plate with both of the Laegjarn banners (unless it's a Legendary Laegjarn in which case, O H B O Y, but that's not gonna happen). But if I were ready for it, then I'd probably pull for a Legendary Xander, and I would hope Legendary Alm also returns since I wasn't lucky on his banner. I would also not mind an NY!Hríd or Sue to get Hone Atk/Hone Spd 4 for L!Azura.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946

Legendary Hero trailer tonight. Speculation? Hopes? Hopes for the featured units?

I won't be pulling on it due to having too much on my plate with both of the Laegjarn banners (unless it's a Legendary Laegjarn in which case, O H B O Y, but that's not gonna happen). But if I were ready for it, then I'd probably pull for a Legendary Xander, and I would hope Legendary Alm also returns since I wasn't lucky on his banner. I would also not mind an NY!Hríd or Sue to get Hone Atk/Hone Spd 4 for L!Azura.
I could see it being awakening related. Legendary chrom maybe?

Ivander

Smash Legend

The only 2 Pair-Up Legendary Heroes not yet here are Wind and Water, so it's one of those 2. Water I could easily see it being Corrin. Wind, not as certain. As for Main characters not yet with a Legendary version, the only ones left are Celica, Sigurd, Seliph, Leif, Eliwood, Micaiah, Chrom, Corrin and Xander. As said, if the Legendary Hero is Water, I can easily see them being Corrin. For Wind, I could see it being either Celica, Chrom or one of the Jugdral characters.

If they want to go for a non-main character for a Legendary Hero, I could also see
Lewyn possessed by Forseti, the Dragon who gave his ancestor, the crusader Sety, the tome Forseti
as the Wind Hero.

Troykv

Smash Master

Tonight's hero is wind.

I'm almost sure it's going to be Chrom based on the circunstances.

I own most of the leg heroes there, so I don't think I'll summon a lot.

Last edited:

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Is Flying Hoshidan MCorn with Omega Yato

Save this post for when I get it completely wrong as is Micaiah :V

BlueMonk

Smash Champion
I don't think it will be Chrom, so far there hasn't been more than two legendary heroes per game with the exception of feh's own OCs. Maybe a Jugdral character?

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Outside of Blue this banner is pretty underwhelming lol

Ivander

Smash Legend
Outside of Blue this banner is pretty underwhelming lol
Wind
Not Earth
Eliwood's Earth Affinity: Am I a joke to you?

Also, Eliwood is the 3rd Wind Hero that's Cavalry. Give Wind some variety in move types.

That said, Eliwood's Prf is frickin' perfect alongside Winter Eirika. +12 ATK & +10 DEF & RES for the unit with the highest ATK. Seriously, all that's needed is a skill that gives the unit with the highest ATK a SPD boost.

And once again, seriously IS, start giving Upgraded Prfs to older characters again. The last one you did was Eldigan with Dark Mystleteinn. You gave Hector Berserk Armads, a Seasonal Prf, and Ephraim Flame Siegmund, a Legendary Prf. Giving those weapons to older units will not make them OP all of the sudden.

Last edited:

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
It's great to see the FE7 Lord trio is finally complete in terms of getting Legendary alts, but that aside, not too interested in this banner.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Would be fun to get him and build a meme team of Laegjarn/L!Eliwood/W!Eirika/L!Azura or Kaden and watch all those buffs plus Niu buffs stack on Laegjarn, but I don't have the resources. Hoping I at least free pull NY!Hrid.

Last edited:

slamallama

Smash Journeyman
My favorite lord finally gets Legendary and artwork that actually looks like himself, and I'm sitting over here on 9 orbs because I wanted Rally Up Atk+. Fuuuuuuuuuuu- okay, time to grind out the rest of the Tempest.

Interestingly, Ardent Durandal and Arcadia don't say they exclude him when choosing the ally with the highest Atk. He might be able to buff himself with them. Also, tragically, when I first saw Vision of Arcadia I thought "Oh hey, Atk/Def are Ninian's two weaknesses, and now Eliwood can buff them up!" Then I realized that Ninian will never be the ally with the highest Atk and simply won't be capable of recieving those buffs... Rip.

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Then I realized that Ninian will never be the ally with the highest Atk and simply won't be capable of recieving those buffs... Rip.
You could probably make it work if you really wanted to, might have to S-Support her though.

Another thing is that Bonus Doubler (and by extension L!Eliwood's weapon effect), similar to Chill skills, will actually work on multiple targets if multiple targets are tied for having the highest in the relevant stat. So what some people are doing is, for example, intentionally equipping Life and Death 3 on a character with slightly weaker Atk, and Life and Death 2 on a slightly stronger character, so their Atk stats match up and they both get hit by Eliwood's effects, leading to better stats overall for both.

Ivander

Smash Legend
It's great to see the FE7 Lord trio is finally complete in terms of getting Legendary alts, but that aside, not too interested in this banner.
To think Eliwood is getting his Brave Alt later this year to go along with Lyn and Hector's Brave Alts.

Interestingly, Ardent Durandal and Arcadia don't say they exclude him when choosing the ally with the highest Atk. He might be able to buff himself with them. Also, tragically, when I first saw Vision of Arcadia I thought "Oh hey, Atk/Def are Ninian's two weaknesses, and now Eliwood can buff them up!" Then I realized that Ninian will never be the ally with the highest Atk and simply won't be capable of recieving those buffs... Rip.
According to people, the Japanese trailer had the inclusion that his buffs don't apply to him if he has the highest ATK.

Anyway,

Wada's artwork of the FE7 Trio looks gorgeous beside each other.

And the new Voting Gauntlet is a Headband gauntlet.
Now here's a Banner I can get behind. Cause headbands are cool.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Really wanted tibarn and so I pulled on his banner, this was my first summoning session. Pretty nice for 3.0. Merged the celica with mine.

Tibarn is plus speed minus res not bad. He’s a great unit glad I finally got him

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
About to spend 1000 F2P orbs for F!Grima merges. Wish me luck.

Top Bottom