• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Work In Progress Fire Emblem Heroes: Finally found Forrest, MIA since 2017

Best hair colour for Forrest?

• Total voters

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
Vantage would be really good, yeah... but I figured Chill Spd would probably be better in the long run.

Heck, it might even turn Fallen Corrin into a whale killer when combined with her own ludicrous buffs. :laugh:

Last edited:

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Im running Vantage now actually.
All of my Corrins run Vantage anyway :V
Slap a Brazen or Fierce Stance Seal and she one shots everything.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
So after Forging Bonds finally gave me enough Dew for it, can I just say how much I LOVE Cain's refine?

Because my god it's great.

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
Fallen Corrin
Legendary Azura with Drive Spd, Guidance and Ally Support on Fallen Corrin
Lene with Kadomatsu, Drive Atk and Drive Spd
Winter Eirika

Perfect solo team strategy?

Last edited:

slamallama

Smash Journeyman
Look at the bright side.

With those compensation Grails, you can basically get a free Fallen Delthea in the next update :p
Yeah, I guess. I'm not too upset about losing her, what really bums me out is now I have to wait on those 40 Infantry Flowers...

Also wow, screw Blessed Gardens and everything in it. I love having to beat two maps over and over and over again just to keep getting to the third one where there's an enemy who literally cannot be beaten, surrounded by terrain that's nearly impossible to navigate

And BK comes in with Black Luna ready to go and has Wings of Mercy, so if you don't OHKO every enemy on the map, you're dead.

And all the enemies have Knockback and Lunge, so good luck setting up any choke point or formation of any kind

And you're limited to Wind Blessing units who you haven't already used on the previous two maps. Thanks, IS, great f***ing idea, announce that you're killing the game mode and then make the last maps just annoyingly difficult

Last edited:

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
I had to Wind Bless my Corrine just to complete the BK map lol
Nothing I had could survive and ORKO the wave of enemies coming from the left side except her.

Now most of Book 1 is on BG, so guess the remaing Grounds are Paralogues and maybe a Surtr map in the Fire Garden.

slamallama

Smash Journeyman
maybe a Surtr map in the Fire Garden.
I will uninstall the game and set fire to IS' headquarters if this happens so they can feel just a fraction of the pain that Garden would cause everyone

Edit: just beat the BK map, finally. Ironically, it was Zelgius himself who carried me through it, thanks to his Warp Powder making him able to maneuver around the buildings (plus that means he's always adjacent to an ally so I slapped the Atk/Spd Bond seal on him)

Last edited:

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Never expected to be this close to complete this so early.
Screenshot_20190512-152714.jpg

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
Well, got another Fallen Corrin, so it's safe to say that she's perfect now.

1557711319851.png

Next step would be +10ing her, but A. I don't wanna whale and B. I don't wanna whale.

Just losing the Atk bane is enough for me.

Also, lmao at the merge giving +1 speed. Because she totally wasn't fast enough already :laugh:

Last edited:

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
Well, got another Fallen Corrin, so it's safe to say that she's perfect now.

Next step would be +10ing her, but A. I don't wanna whale and B. I don't wanna whale.

Just losing the Atk bane is enough for me.

Also, lmao at the merge giving +1 speed. Because she totally wasn't fast enough already :laugh:
Or you could just save up for a Corrin rerun when she's on a cheaper banner and go for as many merges as possible. Repeat as many times as necessary to get a +10. No whaling required. :estatic:

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
Or you could just save up for a Corrin rerun when she's on a cheaper banner and go for as many merges as possible. Repeat as many times as necessary to get a +10. No whaling required. :estatic:
Do I really need that though?

66 Atk and 54 Spd with Chill Speed and Flashing Blade is already the most disgusting and unholy thing I can have :laugh:

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Imagine saving to +10 Adrift FCorrin just to have another Sencha masterpiece popping up outta nowhere
20190512_194538.jpg

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
Makes me wonder how would default Corn look like Sencha-style.

---

Also, Fallen Corrin + Legendary Azura + Winter Eirika = Unstoppable rage

1557762427095.png

Seriously, I think I found my new favorite non-armored unit to mess around with.

Last edited:

Ivander

Smash Legend
Makes me wonder how would default Corn look like Sencha-style.
I'm sure people wonder the same about regular Cordelia with Mayo and whatnot.

That said, their original artworks aren't bad. Just plain. I feel like some of the artists should be given a second chance, cause when you look at some of the later characters done by other artists compared to starting out, they do look much better.
I mean:
-look at regular Olivia and then at Flier Olivia. Akira did both of them and look at how much detailed and sharpened Flier Olivia looks.
-We make jokes about pikomaro with Lloyd and sometimes Charlotte, but look at how how Sumia was received very positively.
-Miwabe Sakura often gets slack for how wide-eyed and child-looking their characters are, especially Lachesis, but you can see a real change in their art when you compare regular Mist to Valentine Mist, especially with the size/angle difference with the eyes and the lighter shading.
-Asatani Tomoyo gets the slack sometimes with Ayra being an edgy Eirika and his male characters having similar poses like regular Berkut and Ephraim, yet Summer Elincia was received very nicely with no comparisons to Ayra and Eirika and look at how sold everybody is on Fallen Berkut.

So after seeing some of the big changes that some of the artists have gone through sine the game began, I'd like to see Ueda Yumehito(Cordelia, Robin, Hinata, Oboro), Miyuu(Athena and Eliwood) and Fujiwara Ryo(Robin, Joshua, Seth, H!Jakob) given another chance.

Ivander

Smash Legend
There was something wrong with those four? :confused:
It's not with the artwork themselves. It's more the fact that their default poses suffer from same face syndrome. Like it's not just the eyes, but the noses and smiles too.

And Ryo is definitely capable of doing different expressions and whatnot, like shown with this artwork.

Last edited:

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
It's not with the artwork themselves. It's more the fact that their default poses suffer from same face syndrome. Like it's not just the eyes, but the noses and smiles too.

And Ryo is definitely capable of doing different expressions and whatnot, like shown with this artwork.
That just makes them the perfect boy band lmao

Ivander

Smash Legend
I've been playing this game since launch and did not know until doing Arena Assault today that Panic stacked with debuffs.
Yeah, that's why Aversa's weapon gives both Panic and a -4 Debuff, which can effectively give a character with a +6 bonus to all stats a -10 to all stats.

However, Legendary Roy does have Bonus Doubler, which is a combat boost, so any Panic effect on a stat buffed with a bonus is effectively negated. So if Roy had a +6 Bonus to his ATK and SPD, but has Panic, he basically has a 0 boost in ATK and SPD in combat.

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
I just realized that Fallen Corrin can use Bonus Doubler.

Tactic Skill + Legendary Azura + Bonus Doubler + Savage Breath = Absolute unit with +18 to all stats?

Last edited:

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Hey guys
20190423_130823.jpg

Anyway, Im weak so burned 20 Orbs for Berkut without sucess.
The thing us that I sent everything to the feather machine so I might have my +10 Hawkeye ready to try to tackle Tier 21 this week.

slamallama

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, that's why Aversa's weapon gives both Panic and a -4 Debuff, which can effectively give a character with a +6 bonus to all stats a -10 to all stats.

However, Legendary Roy does have Bonus Doubler, which is a combat boost, so any Panic effect on a stat buffed with a bonus is effectively negated. So if Roy had a +6 Bonus to his ATK and SPD, but has Panic, he basically has a 0 boost in ATK and SPD in combat.
Interesting. I looked at each stat individually, cause he also got hit by Atk, Spd, and Def debuffs on top of Panic Ploy. So the stat description read "Atk: 50. Buff: -6 Debuff: -7." So it says he has 37 Atk, but is Bonus Doubler still doing its job and actually putting him at 43?

Last edited:

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
Interesting. I looked at each stat individually, cause he also got hit by Atk, Spd, and Def debuffs on top of Panic Ploy. So the stat description read "Atk: 50. Buff: -6 Debuff: -7." So it says he has 37 Atk, but is Bonus Doubler still doing its job and actually putting him at 43?
No, effects like Panic negate the bonuses, so stuff like Bonus Double has no fuel to run on. He'd be stuck at 37 Atk.

Ivander

Smash Legend
It's a Combat boost, so it won't show you the bonus. But it's there. Once your Roy enters combat, the Buff's -6 will be negated, but he'll still have that -7 ATK debuff.
No, effects like Panic negate the bonuses, so stuff like Bonus Double has no fuel to run on. He'd be stuck at 37 Atk.
Panic doesn't get rid of the bonus. It merely reverses the bonus. If it got rid of the bonus, thus meaning the bonus isn't there, Panic wouldn't be able to reverse the bonus. That's why Bonus Doubler still works even when panicked. Bonus Doubler is a Combat boost, so it effectively negates the Reversed buff. The Debuff however is different from the bonus, so he would still have 43 ATK.

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
It's a Combat boost, so it won't show you the bonus. But it's there. Once your Roy enters combat, the Buff's -6 will be negated, but he'll still have that -7 ATK debuff.

Panic doesn't get rid of the bonus. It merely reverses the bonus. If it got rid of the bonus, thus meaning the bonus isn't there, Panic wouldn't be able to reverse the bonus. That's why Bonus Doubler still works even when panicked. Bonus Doubler is a Combat boost, so it effectively negates the Reversed buff. The Debuff however is different from the bonus, so he would still have 43 ATK.
Bonus Doubler does not work while Panicked.

I just tested this myself. I set up a Roy with 40 base Spd against a Paralogue Legion with 42 base Spd and Panic Ploy. Roy received +6 Spd from his C skill, which then got Panic Ployed, bringing him down to 34 visible Spd. So there were two possible outcomes:

-Bonus Doubler would activate off the +6 bonus and give him an in-combat +6 Spd, putting him at an effective 40 Spd. Therefore, he wouldn't get doubled by the 42 Spd Legion.
-Bonus Doubler would not activate off the Panic'd stats, leaving him at 34 Spd to get doubled by the Legion.

He got doubled. This is consistent with other documented sources I've found, so yeah. Bonus Doubler doesn't work on Panic'd buffs.

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
Kinda makes sense, when you think of it.

If the bonus is reversed, then it's not a bonus at all, and Bonus Doubler never doubles debuffs.

Last edited:

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511

If the bonus is reversed, then it's not a bonus at all, and Bonus Doubler never doubles debuffs.
It would be hilarious if BD doubled negative bonuses.
Roy becomes a Gen 1 3 Star Infantry

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209

Another way to think about it is that Panic essentially takes the buffs you have and turns them into negative buffs. Stuff like Bonus Doubler or even stat-ignoring skills like Divine Naga just don't register negative buffs (i.e. Bonus Doubler won't double the negative buffs or the absolute value of the buffs, and Divine Naga won't ignore the negative buffs), so they end up not doing anything.

All that is to say that Panic is freakin weird, man

Ivander

Smash Legend
I just realized that Fallen Corrin can use Bonus Doubler.

Tactic Skill + Legendary Azura + Bonus Doubler + Savage Breath = Absolute unit with +18 to all stats?
So can Legendary Marth, and his weapon already has Bonus Doubler on it, so he can get +18 to his stats too. Chrom, Lucina and Masked Marth can reach +17 with Sealed Falchion as long as they are below 100% HP.
Bonus Doubler does not work while Panicked.

I just tested this myself. I set up a Roy with 40 base Spd against a Paralogue Legion with 42 base Spd and Panic Ploy. Roy received +6 Spd from his C skill, which then got Panic Ployed, bringing him down to 34 visible Spd. So there were two possible outcomes:

-Bonus Doubler would activate off the +6 bonus and give him an in-combat +6 Spd, putting him at an effective 40 Spd. Therefore, he wouldn't get doubled by the 42 Spd Legion.
-Bonus Doubler would not activate off the Panic'd stats, leaving him at 34 Spd to get doubled by the Legion.

He got doubled. This is consistent with other documented sources I've found, so yeah. Bonus Doubler doesn't work on Panic'd buffs.
I had to do alot of double checking, as I tried this with Roy and yeah, it didn't register. But the reason I did a lot of double checking was with trying it with a Bladetome. Yet when I tried it with a Red Bladetome user with 52 attack and a +7 boost against a 22 RES Red unit, 23 damage was what happened.

I might be having a mandala effect cause I clearly remembered Bladetomes giving bonuses when Panicked, as there were plenty of times when I had a Blue Bladetome Mage defeat other Blue units when panicked when said panic should've stopped said unit from killing said enemies and yet, I remember when my Mage inflicted more than 40 damage without a Special against a high RES Blue Mage even when panicked.

But whatever, clearly that doesn't work now whether it did or not before.

Top Bottom