• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Work In Progress Fire Emblem Heroes: Finally found Forrest, MIA since 2017

Best hair colour for Forrest?

• Total voters

slamallama

Smash Journeyman
I feel like a good way to reach the most people with New Heroes banners would be to start adding characters from multiple games in one banner. That way if you're say, not a fan of Fates, you can still be excited about a new banner because, say, a Binding Blade character is also on it. One in particular I'm hoping for is a Bow Knights banner (since it's been two years and we for some reason still only have two cavalry bows, one of whom is a non-canon alt) that adds Rath, Astrid, Midir, and Python. Then we get Uhai as the Grand Hero Battle (as the first red bow, to reference Nomad Troopers also using swords?) and Wolf as the Tempest Trials reward.

As for new features, a lot of people seem to be predicting some game mode where Hit chances and Missing are added... but if they are, it better be restricted to that game mode. Can you imagine grinding out the perfect strategy for an Abyssal map but ALSO having to deal with hit chances? Missing works as a mechanic in the main games, but I don't think it would work in Heroes; the structure of the gameplay is just different.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

RNG doesn't work in a game like this. Anything that has a chance to fail becomes unreliable and it means that not only can you fail maps because of it, but you could also beat some by abusing RNG.

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
RNG doesn't work in a game like this. Anything that has a chance to fail becomes unreliable and it means that not only can you fail maps because of it, but you could also beat some by abusing RNG.
But isn't this literally the entire series outside of Heroes? :p

But no, I don't think RNG hit/miss/crit chances work in Heroes. It would go against how the game is supposed to simplify the mechanics of FE for short bursts of play. Having to worry about your attacks randomly missing and strategising around that possibility isn't really conducive to the sort of play style this game should have.

D

Deleted member

But isn't this literally the entire series outside of Heroes? :p

But no, I don't think RNG hit/miss/crit chances work in Heroes. It would go against how the game is supposed to simplify the mechanics of FE for short bursts of play. Having to worry about your attacks randomly missing and strategising around that possibility isn't really conducive to the sort of play style this game should have.
The thing is that Gacha games want to reward you for having rarer units while also incentivating players to get those rarer units to beat harder challenges.
If you can lose with your +10 5* but win with your 3* Bartre, most aren't gonna bother investing in rare units.

slamallama

Smash Journeyman
Cursed image

Dread it. Fear it.
What's incredibly stupid about Badges as rewards are that we get such an absurdly disproportionate amount of them. Take the daily (*scowls*) Tap Battle quests. We get 100 Great Badges total, and 200 Hero Feathers.

100 Great Badges = pays badge cost of five 5* promotions
200 Feathers = pays 1/100th of feather cost for ONE 5* promotion

ISWTF.jpg

Seriously, either lower the feather cost, raise the badge cost, or give us something else to spend our hundreds of thousands of useless badges on

Last edited:

Ivander

Smash Legend
What's incredibly stupid about Badges as rewards are that we get such an absurdly disproportionate amount of them. Take the daily (*scowls*) Tap Battle quests. We get 100 Great Badges total, and 200 Hero Feathers.

100 Great Badges = pays badge cost of five 5* promotions
200 Feathers = pays 1/100th of feather cost for ONE 5* promotion

ISWTF.jpg

Seriously, either lower the feather cost, raise the badge cost, or give us something else to spend our hundreds of thousands of useless badges on
Badges are also used for Sacred Seals. And trust me, there were a few times where I actually had to farm for badges because of Seals that I wanted upgraded. So no, badges aren't an issue.

My hugest material issues are Arena Medals and frickin' Duelling Crests. You get more Arena Medals than you do Refining Stones or Divine Dew, so you're bound to have a ton of Arena Medals ready for upgrading compared to Stones and Divine Dew. And Duelling Crests since there is no dang use for them other than Arena and if you aren't an Arena buff, they will stockpile through the roof. Seriously, let there be an option to trade Duelling Crests for something.

Last edited:

slamallama

Smash Journeyman
Badges are also used for Sacred Seals. And trust me, there were a few times where I actually had to farm for badges because of Seals that I wanted upgraded. So no, badges aren't an issue.

My hugest material issues are Arena Medals and frickin' Duelling Crests. You get more Arena Medals than you do Refining Stones or Divine Dew, so you're bound to have a ton of Arena Medals ready for upgrading compared to Stones and Divine Dew. And Duelling Crests since there is no dang use for them other than Arena and if you aren't an Arena buff, they will stockpile through the roof. Seriously, let there be an option to trade Duelling Crests for something.
I've still got tens of thousands of unused Badges, and I forge seals every chance I get. Also yes, I can't imagine ever using up all the Arena Medals I've stockpiled. We really should be able to trade them for Refining Stones, even if it's like 1000 medals for 10 stones.

(and if we could trade all our badges in for Hero Feathers even at like a crazy 4:1 exchange rate I would still kiss all my badges goodbye in a heartbeat)

Last edited:

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
http://www.nintendolife.com/news/20...ing_nintendos_most_successful_mobile_game_yet

Another new interview. Mostly just general stuff and overlap with the Destructoid interview, but I find it interesting that they double down on the ideas of making characters with new appearances/uses and developing a social mode. It's something that's definitely on their minds, so I'm interested to see where they go with that.

slamallama

Smash Journeyman
This game felt like it was supposed to be more multiplayer-based from day 1 and I'm glad that two years in, that lightbulb has finally gone off in the developers' heads.

I'm hoping for improvements to Grand Conquests. It's aight right now, but it would be really nice to be able to coordinate with your army instead of everyone just doing what they please. Not exactly the best-executed mode in a game about strategy.

Last edited:

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
I'm still surprised they've never added the ability to fight the teams of people on your friend list. That seemed like a no-brainer to me. Sure, real-time PvP wouldn't work for several reasons, but even just getting to face off against AI-controlled teams from your friend list would be cool. Plus it'd give the friend list an actual purpose, even now it still feels like something that was tacked-on just because and was never really given much thought as to why it should be there.

slamallama

Smash Journeyman
I'm still surprised they've never added the ability to fight the teams of people on your friend list. That seemed like a no-brainer to me. Sure, real-time PvP wouldn't work for several reasons, but even just getting to face off against AI-controlled teams from your friend list would be cool. Plus it'd give the friend list an actual purpose, even now it still feels like something that was tacked-on just because and was never really given much thought as to why it should be there.
Hey, it gives us like 8 feathers a day. Very useful.

Though I do for real like recruiting people to use in my Brigades. One or two of my Rival Domains and Grand Conquest MVPs are my friend units. That said, it could definitely use more functionality as a friends list instead of a "now hiring" billboard. Trading resources seems fair (trading units might be a bit of a stretch though, as nice as it would be)

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I think the main problem with the Friend List is that it's not really a Friend List and more of a "people that accidentally clicked Send Friend Request when mashing their screen after an Arena Battle" list.

Slightly joking, but even when you do go out of your way to add people you've actually spoken to or even know IRL, you really don't feel their presence. The chances of them showing up on your home screen is slim, same with them being a Voting Gauntlet partner (especially if they don't pick the same character as you). Rival Domains and Grand Conquests allowing you to use Friend units is good but personally I think they should extend this functionality to other game modes such as Challenge Maps (being allowed to bring one friend unit if you wish in place of one of your four slots). It'd also be useful in Blessed Gardens I think, I haven't touched that mode in ages because I ended up changing a lot of my units to Water units because of L!Azura, and I don't have a lot of blessings to keep reshuffling good units back and forth between different elements, so being able to use friend units to fill up slots would be neat, even if it's only one.

And this will never happen because Nintendo hasn't even implemented it into their main console, but some kind of messaging feature would be nice. Obviously there should be restrictions but Kingdom Hearts: Union Cross has had this since launch, and more recently, they upgraded it so that you could actually run around with your avatar in a lobby room while chatting with people (the basic messaging app style still exists if you prefer that though). Not only that but the chat system is constantly available on every menu screen so you don't have to go out of your way to access it. And I haven't heard of any sort of controversy arising from this so I don't see why FE Heroes can't do something like that.

I dunno, it'd be nice if I could at least make the acquaintance of the people on my friends list, just a thought. :V

EDIT: Oh and also, expanding the replay feature from Aether Raids and putting it in other modes, allowing you to save a replay of any map, could also be cool. They could allow you to save replays and send them to friends and feature it with your featured unit or something.

It would also make recording my map clears a bit easier.

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Chapter 69 is actually pretty nice
only after those enemies die horrible deaths both literally and figuratively and we summon versions of them from another universe but details details

*Laegjarn proceeds to steal all of Kiran's Orbs to summon the best healing heroes she can find to treat Laevatein's cold*

Also I thought that little gold line on Thrasir's mask was her eyebrows and it makes it look like she's about to cry.

Last edited:

Ivander

Smash Legend
Chapter 69 is actually pretty nice

Although you got to love when the manga pokes fun at them. Or how predictable they'll be.
only after those enemies die horrible deaths both literally and figuratively and we summon versions of them from another universe but details details
Don't need to worry about giving them horrible deaths when said characters are already dead. Aside from Hel.

At least we stopped one from dying in the previous Book. *looks at Laevateinn*

Ivander

Smash Legend
I'm aware I'm double-posting, but for those who did get a Legendary Lyn, want to find a way to salvage her and do Aether Raids to get the daily rewards, this might be a good way to make use of her.
https://www.reddit.com/r/FireEmblemHeroes/comments/b0qa2b/legendary_lyn_in_ar/
Legendary Lyn appears to be a good answer against Horse/Dancer teams or Dancer/Ophelia teams. I used her in a team with my newly merged +ATK Summer Micaiah and Eir and they did pretty great against the mixed teams I went against.

Last edited:

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Someone do the math to see if she still dies to The Reinhardt.
20190314_041715.jpg

Ivander

Smash Legend
Someone do the math to see if she still dies to The Reinhardt.
View attachment 198127
https://www.reddit.com/r/FireEmblem.../i_did_the_math_the_lance_fighter_in_the_new/
She does. Reinhardt just needs alot of buffs, merges and and a Special to do so.

By the way, if you want a chuckle or if you're bored, try your luck on this Camilla Alt Banner and see what you get.

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
https://www.reddit.com/r/FireEmblem.../i_did_the_math_the_lance_fighter_in_the_new/
She does. Reinhardt just needs alot of buffs, merges and and a Special to do so.

By the way, if you want a chuckle or if you're bored, try your luck on this Camilla Alt Banner and see what you get.
Got Hatsune Miku Camilla.

Ironic since one of my best friends is a huge fan of Vocaloids and also really likes Camilla.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511

>I got Sans Camilla Undertale Fire Emblem

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
Had no interest in the Binding Blade banner but I managed to get Lugh with one of my ticket summons. I have no idea what to do with him now.

Ivander

Smash Legend
Had no interest in the Binding Blade banner but I managed to get Lugh with one of my ticket summons. I have no idea what to do with him now.
He's inclined toward damage compared to his brother Raigh. With an ATK of 35 and a SPD of 36, he can use a Gronnblade Desperation set nicely(like mother like son). He also has a decent RES of 31 and he has Gronnserpent and Mirror Stance 2, so just give him Quick Riposte 2 or 3 and ATK Smoke and he can make a good Mage counter in enemy phase. So he can do the roles of Bladetome user or Mage counter fairly well.

Last edited:

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209

I got Sans Camilla.

I'm a total #UndertaleForSmash supporter, so that's hilarious. :p

If you aren't interested in him as a unit, he's got a rare type of Rally skill you can fodder off. It's good for boosting your Arena score if you care about that sort of thing, or it can let you provide +6 Res to your whole team on a supportive unit.

Troykv

Smash Master

I got Corrin!Camilla; I found funny how it has some FGO designs like MHX and Raikou xD.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Micaiah and Raven were my immediate guesses. Most of the guesses so far have been:

Guy:
Seth
Raven
Eldigan

Girl:
Eirika
Ayra
Micaiah
Palla
Lachesis

No true consensus yet though.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Best timeline: Bunny Micky with the green Thani
Okay timeline: Palla... by cuboon again, hoping for another artist if real
Dark timeline: Another Eirika
Dankest timeline: Ayra

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
As an addendum to my last post, Zelgius is also coming up a lot now as a possible guess, especially if the girl is indeed Micaiah.

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
spring marth and caeda or we riot

uninstalling the game

Ivander

Smash Legend
Ayra and Micaiah were the first to come to mind regarding the left. Basically, any longhair lady(or Lucius) is possible. None really came to mind at the right at first. After looking at it a bit, I feel like any character who shares similar hairstyles with Laslow and Bruno could be possible. Like, I can't unsee the hairstyle on the right, even if it might not be that hairstyle.
Okay timeline: Palla... by cuboon again, hoping for another artist if real
I know Spring Kagero isn't their best.....but at least they took that criticism to heart(as shown by Halloween Kagero and Summer Tana).

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Dunno why but my immediate thought for the guy was Henry or Robin in a bunny onesie.

Ivander

Smash Legend
FE Genealogy players: "Please let Lachesis look more like her original art and less like a loli."
Me: "checks original art"
Rackesis_(Super_Tactics_Book).png

My face:
Wander.to.Kyozou.full.336648.jpg

And yes, I'm aware of which art they are talking about.

Ivander

Smash Legend
Haven't played Genealogy but she definitely doesn't look like a loli there.

She just looks like a normal girl.
Like I said, I'm aware of what they are referring to.

But it doesn't exactly help their case when they say "make her like her original artwork" when the image I posted is her official original artwork. And the majority of her FECipher art don't add any favors either.

Top Bottom