• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Work In Progress Fire Emblem Heroes: Finally found Forrest, MIA since 2017

Best hair colour for Forrest?

• Total voters

Ivander

Smash Legend
Last edited:

Jojalole

Henshin a go go baby!
Switch FC
SW 7943 9867 0675
Opinions on the banner I guess.
-Lugh looks really cute with that art, but his kit seems underwhelming... Sadly he has the rally+ and a feint skill, meaning he probably isn't going to be demoted.
-Sue, why the hell are you green you idiot. Wo dao bow is really neat at least.
-I don't know what's me with the fliers, but man, Thea's art is so good... I want her... So pretty. But I already have Shiida and Catria as blue haired fliers... But I love that art... Sad boy. At least she's pretty much guaranteed to be demoted.
-Idoon looks fantastic, not a fan of armored units, but she seems strong. And damn that art, she has one of those artworks that makes me want to spend just to have it, so pretty. Sad she isn't neither mythic nor free, but it is what it is, at least she's in.

I'm really starting to think they might start demoting two units each banner again... If the latest beast banner start to become a tendency and we get more than one unit with 4 skills, I think they might be trying to demote more than one unit. Just speculation of course, when this banner starts we'll see if both Kaden and Velouria get demoted, only one, or none at all, but I want to be optimistic.

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
-Idoon looks fantastic, not a fan of armored units, but she seems strong. And damn that art, she has one of those artworks that makes me want to spend just to have it, so pretty. Sad she isn't neither mythic nor free, but it is what it is, at least she's in.
Tbh I'm glad she isn't a Mythic because can you imagine dealing with that breath effect in an Abyssal map

I'm really starting to think they might start demoting two units each banner again... If the latest beast banner start to become a tendency and we get more than one unit with 4 skills, I think they might be trying to demote more than one unit. Just speculation of course, when this banner starts we'll see if both Kaden and Velouria get demoted, only one, or none at all, but I want to be optimistic.
They might be doing that, but the cynic in me is wondering if they're just trying to make obvious demotes less obvious.[/QUOTE]

Last edited:

Ivander

Smash Legend
She seems easy to beat anyway.
View attachment 196514

Inb4 +45 Res
Pretty close.

Idunn has a RES of 34, but she can have a Superboon on RES, allowing her to reach 38 RES. Add in Fortress DEF/RES 3 and she reaches 44 RES. Then add in her weapon effect if she's penalized or under 100% HP and she reaches 48 RES. So yeah, pretty close.

Anyway, update has come in and you can see the stuff here:
https://www.reddit.com/r/FireEmblemHeroes/comments/ay6uck/version_330_update_megathread/

By the way, Rutger has ATK/DEF Bond at 4-Star.

Edit: For those who want to know the Refines:

Basically:
-Dark Aura is the opposite of Aura.
-Dark Excalibur makes Merric/Sonya into a pseudo Ophelia. It also allows Merric and Sonya to run Special Spiral builds nicely.
-Sophia's weapon allows her to fight against bow users and magic users nicely, thanks to the extra DEF/RES when attacked. Press F for Lyon.
-Klein's weapon is basically a Bow version of Amiti. It also allows Klein to give some serious competition with Bride Cordelia, thanks to the extra SPD and the Chill DEF effect. So Klein got it real good.

Last edited:

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Pretty close.

Idunn has a RES of 34, but she can have a Superboon on RES, allowing her to reach 38 RES. Add in Fortress DEF/RES 3 and she reaches 44 RES. Then add in her weapon effect if she's penalized or under 100% HP and she reaches 48 RES. So yeah, pretty close.

https://www.reddit.com/r/FireEmblemHeroes/comments/ay6uck/version_330_update_megathread/

Rutger comes with some mediocre fodder tbh, but his stats are fine.

Thea is also decent and Lugh dabs really hard on Raigh lol.

----

Refine wise Sophia is what I wanted; Raventome with a Bracing Stance to capitalize her bulkiness; mine now's eating a Takumi.
RIP Lyon

EDIT: Bruh her tome animation is a ****ing Satelite Beam, that is so sick!

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Pretty close.

Edit: For those who want to know the Refines:

Basically:
-Dark Aura is the opposite of Aura.
-Dark Excalibur makes Merric/Sonya into a pseudo Ophelia. It also allows Merric and Sonya to run Special Spiral builds nicely.
-Sophia's weapon allows her to fight against bow users and magic users nicely, thanks to the extra DEF/RES when attacked. Press F for Lyon.
-Klein's weapon is basically a Bow version of Amiti. It also allows Klein to give some serious competition with Bride Cordelia, thanks to the extra SPD and the Chill DEF effect. So Klein got it real good.
>Atk/Def Bond at 4*
Oho!

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Thank you for the buff to the Lil' Godslayer IS.

Her support partner is Marth so that works out quite nicely with the refine.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Lmao, Kynim just murdered Rath
There was a problem fetching the tweet
She's right and ya'll know it

D

Deleted member

Day ???:
Still waiting for a Blue main antagonist. Bruno is missing. Swords continue to murder green bosses. Other Reds think they stand a chance. We now have our 4th Axe enemy

Ivander

Smash Legend
Has this been posted yet?

Not exactly. The Reddit topic I posted did have that included among the things, but it wasn't directly posted here.
That said, his unique Special art is pretty cool. And his weapon is pretty broken. Increased Stats when initiating a fight against close-ranged weapons and follows-up against foes who can counter. That last one is pretty much Brash Assault 10.

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
None of the Wolfskins or Kitsune demoted, that's not a good thing considering that we've only had one demote since November and Kaden/Velouria seemed like good candidates for it.

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
>do the story chapters to get at least enough orbs to do a free pull
>get Barst, Shanna, Catria, Male Corrin, and Fir.

Well, I guess getting Catria and Shanna is sort of like getting Thea...

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
None of the Wolfskins or Kitsune demoted, that's not a good thing considering that we've only had one demote since November and Kaden/Velouria seemed like good candidates for it.
January. Reyson demoted.

But no demotes is still not good.

>do the story chapters to get at least enough orbs to do a free pull
>get Barst, Shanna, Catria, Male Corrin, and Fir.

Well, I guess getting Catria and Shanna is sort of like getting Thea...
Hi can I steal your M!Corrin. I'll trade you a Lugh.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
The improvements to the writing lately are making me want a spin-off anime or something lol.

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
Just built up a new unit and threw together a new AR Defense team with her. Definitely a work in progress, but this replay was funny so I thought I'd share a hastily made edit of it : p

slamallama

Smash Journeyman
Just built up a new unit and threw together a new AR Defense team with her. Definitely a work in progress, but this replay was funny so I thought I'd share a hastily made edit of it : p

Dude, nice!
Yeah, I've found that the key to winning (or at least getting a couple of kills) in AR defense is to use underdog skills and units. So instead of just slapping Reinhardt, Blyn, Veronica, and a singer on my team, I get to watch with immense satisfaction as Kliff the Best TankTM takes all my attackers by surprise. Nobody expects Kliff.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Ingame, black is the best hair color for Forrest but I can't argue against the rainbow one.

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
Ingame, black is the best hair color for Forrest but I can't argue against the rainbow one.
I'm partial to the pinkish-red he gets with Sakura as his mother, since it matches his outfit:

But including rainbow as an option was probably a mistake, who's going to want to choose anything different? :p

Ivander

Smash Legend
I'm partial to the pinkish-red he gets with Sakura as his mother, since it matches his outfit:
Wouldn't Felicia as the mother match the hair to the outfit more? I mean, last time I checked, Felicia's hair is literally the same color as the outfit.

Last edited:

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209

But including rainbow as an option was probably a mistake, who's going to want to choose anything different? :p
can I pls get an image of Forrest saying "you're unworthy of me, Father" with glowing rainbow hair pls. :happysheep:

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
Wouldn't Felicia as the mother match the hair to the outfit more? I mean, last time I checked, Felicia's hair is literally the same color as the outfit.
Felicia's works nicely too, but I prefer when it isn't an exact 1:1 match. Sakura's colour maintains the effect of matching his outfit while also preventing the overall look from blending into one and becoming monotonous. I think the darker colour also works to accentuate other features such as his eyes.

turning the Heroes thread into a fashion advice section, just according to plan

But really Forrest can probably pull off any hair colour well if he wants to. His hair is just naturally that fabulous.

Ivander

Smash Legend
Seems like Reinhardt found his way into another game.

:smirk:

Last edited:

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
can I pls get an image of Forrest saying "you're unworthy of me, Father" with glowing rainbow hair pls. :happysheep:
Closest I have is this:
Could probably edit it to give him rainbow hair, but I'm not confident enough in my image-editing skills for that. :p

Last edited:

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
Closest I have is this:
Could probably edit it to give him rainbow hair, but I'm not confident enough in my image-editing skills for that. :p
We don't deserve him.

D

Deleted member

Ok, now that both the PoR and FE6 are out of the way, that means another Fates children banner is fair game, r-right?

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
I just noticed this banner lasts 33 Days; plenty of time to break my 3.75% rate, Idunn plz, I'll draw you if you come home.

However, that means the next new Heroes banner probably will hit until April, and March will be Seasonal Hell; probably the usual Easter and other new stuff.

Ivander

Smash Legend
Ok, now that both the PoR and FE6 are out of the way, that means another Fates children banner is fair game, r-right?
Umm.....as much as it's good that Tellius and Fire Emblem 6 got some new characters finally, can I point out that Regular Shadow Dragon has not gotten a Banner of new characters? Katarina, Clarisse, Legion, Roderick and Luke are from the sequel(with the former 3 being exclusive to the DS version last time I checked) and Hardin being on an all-around Banner. We have not gotten a Banner focused with characters from the original Shadow Dragon cast yet, like Lena, Julian, Xane, Jake, Cavalier Hardin, etc.
Heck, how long has it been since Gaiden has gotten a Banner? I think the last Gaiden-focused Banners(so not counting Kliff and Duma) were the ones with Delthea, Sonya, Saber, Gray, Mathilda and Leon, which were on the first year. At least all the other games(besides both Shadow Dragons) got a Banner from the start of the 2nd year and forward(as Sacred Stones got some new characters at the start of 2018).

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Destructoid sat down with the co-directors of FE Heroes to discuss the game and it's future.
https://www.destructoid.com/we-talk...rategy-and-where-mobile-is-going-545155.phtml

In summary:
-CYL votes in the West were prominently directed towards Awakening and Fates characters.

-Dragonflowers were added in response to feedback from players expressing that they wanted another way to keep powering up their favourite characters.

-They recognise that units in Fire Emblem are not just "pieces on a board" to most players and are one of a kind characters players get attached to. As such, they will be looking for more ways to "increase a player's attachment to the characters" in the future.

-They have various features that are both close to being confirmed, and some that "seem like dreams" right now and are being brainstormed so that they may one day become something tangible in the game. Two examples they gave are ways to make characters with "new appearances or uses" and they want to make a mode that encourages social interaction.

-They recognise that it's impossible to please everyone with all banners and that some banners will cause as much disappointment as they will excitement. They're making an effort to strike some balance between adding characters that appeal to newer fans as well as fans of the older titles.

-The scale of the game's development has increased since it's initial launch (this is a good sign for the game's future as it means they are hiring more staff for the game compared to launch, most games with post-launch support see the opposite effect).

I'm kinda curious about "making characters with new appearances and uses", it could just refer to alts and the upcoming new Legendary effects, but I also wonder if they're considering giving us a way to earn skins for existing characters or another mechanic to slap onto old units or something.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I hope they do some sort of character skins, FGO has them by default due to ascensions(promotions really should have been a thing) but some characters also get skins related to events(Medb got a Prison Warden outfit for example).

Actually, wild prediction time: we won't get 6* Heroes but we'll get Promoted Classes that allow them to upgrade their class in some way.

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
I feel like some kind of class promotion makes sense for the "different appearances and uses" and "increasing attachment to characters" bit. Similar concepts exist in other gacha games, and it's a common feature from the main series that still doesn't have any equivalent in Heroes (unless they consider rarity upgrades as its equivalent).
who am I kidding I just want bow knight Leon with better stats

Or they could just be referring to more alts with class/weapon type combinations that don't exist yet. Who knows.

D

Deleted member

I think a general stat increase dependent on class(weapon type+movement type) would be the most likely but some other form of bonuses instead could be fun like class skills.
I just fear this would make Armors even more oppressive.

Ivander

Smash Legend
I hope they do some sort of character skins, FGO has them by default due to ascensions(promotions really should have been a thing) but some characters also get skins related to events(Medb got a Prison Warden outfit for example).

Actually, wild prediction time: we won't get 6* Heroes but we'll get Promoted Classes that allow them to upgrade their class in some way.
With the way Accessories are in that they are selectable for any character, it would be cool if they made some sort of Outfit selector that allowed any character to wear a Seasonal outfit. It doesn't change the artwork, but you can still have your favorite characters in a Seasonal outfit alongside the units.
But that's more a dream as they would have to make sure the outfit is modified for Infantry, Cavalry and Fliers and even then, not all Cavalry units and Flier units use mounts, so it would be a bit of a hassle with applying the sprites to all units.

That said, promotion classes aren't out of the way and Gacha games certainly don't shy away from upgrading units. That said, how it's handled is definitely another story. And when you look at their track record, it can either be a hit or a big miss.
I think a general stat increase dependent on class(weapon type+movement type) would be the most likely but some other form of bonuses instead could be fun like class skills.
I just fear this would make Armors even more oppressive.
I still feel like some Prf weapons or skills should be skill obtained by certain other units, even if it's expensive. Why not allow some of the newer units, like Delthea and Deirdre, have access to the non-different versions that their predecessors use? Why not allow Seliph access to Sigurd's Crusader Ward and only him?
And when you look at how some of the Prfs' can be used by other characters in their game, like Baskilos, Maltet, Mulagir, Garm, etc, why not allow some characters from the same game access to those weapons? I know some units can easily benefit, but at the same time, I feel like at the same time, it can allow for alot more diversity for units.
Like look at Linde. The fact that you can give her a weapon that allows her to shine in Magic teams or a weapon that allows her to mix with Close-ranged units, that really allows people be diverse with her, as it allows her to shine in multiple team compositions. I don't see a problem in allowing certain other characters some diversity.

Top Bottom