• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Work In Progress Fire Emblem Heroes: Finally found Forrest, MIA since 2017

Best hair colour for Forrest?

• Total voters

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
Green Duel Infantry/Red Duel Flying: Grants HP+5. If unit is 5★ and level 40 and unit's stats total less than 170, treats unit's stats as 170 in modes like Arena. (Higher-scoring opponents will appear. Stat total calculation excludes any values added by merges and skills.)
300 SP too. Apparently IS are running out of ideas for whale bait.

This is one of the dumbest things I've seen added to the game yet. The arena scoring system needs a complete overhaul, but instead they seem content to just keep throwing sticky plasters like this on it. It isn't going to be sustainable in the long run.

D

Deleted member

This is one of the dumbest things I've seen added to the game yet. The arena scoring system needs a complete overhaul, but instead they seem content to just keep throwing sticky plasters like this on it. It isn't going to be sustainable in the long run.
Wait, what the hell is that?

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
Wait, what the hell is that?
New A skills on Helbindi and Laegjarn that exist purely to boost the arena score of whoever they're on. They are at least restricted based on colour and class (green infantry and red fliers), so they can't go on someone like Reinhardt yet, and they take up the A slot so you have to drop something like Distant Counter to use them, but they still seem completely ridiculous to me.

Gunla

It's my bit, you see.
Administrator
BRoomer
Writing Team

Nah man you ready for the return of flier Olivia, Axura, Nino and Fae? (Yeah they're pretty garbage and should just be a single seal tbh, the arena system as a whole is going to need some serious changes pretty soon.)

I finally pulled a Myrrh, Def>Res too. Unfortunately I only have one Hector for the time being, but if I pull another I'll give DC to her.

D

Deleted member

Honestly, Arena should just have a score system like what Relay Defense and Grand Conquests have and make it based on performance rather than a team's BST.

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326
It should, but it won't.

Arena scoring tiers were established as whale bait, and they will probably remain so.

In latest news, I tried to pull for Quan to reunite with Ethlyn (my favourite couple from Jugdral) but I got pity broken by a regular Hinoka. I guess my Quan x Ethlyn Ally Support will have to wait a while, since I want to save some orbs for now. I already have a fully built Hinoka (my first ever 5 star), so guess what skill my Pegasus Nino is getting next! Or I guess I could save it, but I don't have any other candidate hmmm.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
They don’t want me to have my 3rd Pit

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
It should, but it won't.

Arena scoring tiers were established as whale bait, and they will probably remain so.
This.

I guess letting infantry and fliers play on a similar field with the beefy BST types kind of improves things but they're still dumping their A slot to HP+5 and somehow have to still kill ****. Even theorycrafting that is kind of depressing.

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326
Yea lol, HP+5 in A slot yikes.

Mages definitely can't pull it off. Like I was considering giving it to my regular Nino, but she needs that Brazen atk/spd >.< Some regular infantry can but the new batch of BST boosted infantry will only benefit by 1 bin? And so can the dancers, just dump their combat and focus on dancing in whale tiers....

We'll have tons of funs meeting Axuras, and Flying Olivia in higher tiers now gg.

Last edited:

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
This is one of the most fun units I've built in a while. It's pretty simple; tons of chip damage to knock the enemy down to single-digit HP, then if she gets hit, she acivates Vantage and finishes them off without breaking a sweat. Ethlyn is one of the bulkier staff units, and has enough Atk that only the most resistant of enemies can survive being hit by her at low HP.

If you have a spare Close Counter, I highly recommend trying something like this out.

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
That's a pretty sizable if.
The free Takumi exists, and I don't see many better uses for him. :p

But yeah. I stocked up on a few dancer Xanders while he was around (specifically because I had something like this in mind) so this was easy for me, but obviously anything involving Close or Distant Counter is going to be a bit costly for most people.

The cheaper alternative here would be to just use her default Spd/Def Bond, which works fine with her stats.

Last edited:

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
The free Takumi exists, and I don't see many better uses for him. :p

But yeah. I stocked up on a few dancer Xanders while he was around (specifically because I had something like this in mind) so this was easy for me, but obviously anything involving Close or Distant Counter is going to be a bit costly for most people.

The cheaper alternative here would be to just use her default Spd/Def Bond, which works fine with her stats.
The cheapest alternative would be picking Vero as your CYL2 unit. :awesome:

But yeah, hard pressed to come up with a better alternative. Spd/Def Bond beats anything she'd inherit at 4* that I can think of, and if you're throwing a 5* at her it may as well be Takumi.

Gunla

It's my bit, you see.
Administrator
BRoomer
Writing Team
As I showed earlier, both of my Takumis have gone to healers (Sakura/Veronica)

I think Fear+ users are very good at using CC as well as Veronica because of her really busted staff, although the typical Pain+ builds do their job too.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
This is one of the most fun units I've built in a while. It's pretty simple; tons of chip damage to knock the enemy down to single-digit HP, then if she gets hit, she acivates Vantage and finishes them off without breaking a sweat. Ethlyn is one of the bulkier staff units, and has enough Atk that only the most resistant of enemies can survive being hit by her at low HP.

If you have a spare Close Counter, I highly recommend trying something like this out.

Brb copying that.

I just need some more feathers

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
My only Close Counter fodder has gone to my MRobin and MMorgan.

CC is really fun to play around with. Robin's a surprisingly speedy tank that eat a lot of damage and potentially nuke with Blarblade, while Morgan gets to spam Grima's Truth to constantly apply debuffs/buffs regardless of phase.

Still waiting on feathers and merge copies for the latter.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Despite having long trips to colorless heck I yet still have to pull a Takumi.
I keep pulling Nannas instead.

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
All this Close Counter talk is making me look forward to the day IS will add the 5th Takumi alt into Heroes and he'll have a powercreep Close Counter that only he can use just like how Brave Hector got that powercreep Distant Counter. It'd make sense considering Takumi was the original CC unit.

I can see that happening if we ever get Legendary Takumi.

I haven't used any Takumis as Close Counter fodder yet. I just use them to merge with my old Takumi I have. To bad I still have a long way to go until I have a 40+10 normal Takumi.

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
I got another Sumia...but still no Silas

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
You might want to consider saving your orbs and just waiting for him to demote.
If I had the patience for a character with Pit’s voice actor or another female Corrin...can’t (has worked for many characters like Sumia and Summer Corrin/Camilla/Cordelia so it could work for Silas)

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326
Close Counter is very interesting, not as versatile as DC obviously, but interesting nonetheless. So many things to try it on. Healers, Nino for my Nino Emblem, Odin, etc. AHHHH.

So many options, not enough Tacos. Hmm I could sacrifice a Winter Tharja now that Vengeful Fighter has come in the main pool.... but I like her for AA. Hmmm.

Last edited:

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
>Tonight is the Celica banner

*looks at my massive stash of 12 orbs*

Im ready my dudes.

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326
Hopefully you pull uh, 4 Celicas?

That's one free + 3 (4 orbs each) pulls.

Really though, good luck. Free summons are a thing, hopefully you get her!

Gunla

It's my bit, you see.
Administrator
BRoomer
Writing Team
At the least she'll be by herself on a 3-character banner so your chances aren't horrible.

And I know I'm planning on getting my 4th copy of her at least since I'm not terribly interested in Flora/Muspell banners and my gut says our next LHB is probably Hrid or a blue (or both, heh)

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
So apparently if a unit is at +10 merges and has max SP, you can't merge any more units into it. Got a 5* Cherche on my free pull, and ran into this problem when I went to merge her into my 4* +10 one to get her axe, so I had to quickly dump some skills on her to burn SP before I could do the merge.

Dunno if this is old news or not (probably is), but it took me by surprise and might catch out other people in a similar situation.

Also got a Celica shortly after that; worse than the one I had, so I'm sorted for Distant Def fodder for a while. :p

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326
So apparently if a unit is at +10 merges and has max SP, you can't merge any more units into it. Got a 5* Cherche on my free pull, and ran into this problem when I went to merge her into my 4* +10 one to get her axe, so I had to quickly dump some skills on her to burn SP before I could do the merge.

Dunno if this is old news or not (probably is), but it took me by surprise and might catch out other people in a similar situation.

Also got a Celica shortly after that; worse than the one I had, so I'm sorted for Distant Def fodder for a while. :p
Well, I didn't know that. But then again, I don't think many people try to merge into +10s xD

Also doesn't Garon come with Distant Def as well?

Ivander

Smash Legend
So while I am saving for the Muspell units, I did see if I could get Celica from the New Power Banner since I didn't have her. I got her on my 4th Orb. But she's -SPD, like the Fallen Celica I got. Hurts quite a bit since she'll only get to 49 SPD with 2 ATK/SPD Brazens and Push. 52 if used with a +SPD Seal. And yes, I can get her Brazen ATK/SPD since I have a spare Linus combat manual.

Also, some interesting things about the various Character Emblem teams(basically, any that have 4 or more of the same character, not counting genderswaps):
-Lyn and Xander have the honor of being the only Emblem teams to have a weapon consisting of each color.
-Camilla has the honor of being the only Emblem team to have all Fliers.
-Hector has the honor of being the only Emblem team to have all Armored.
-Lucina has the honor of being the only Emblem team to have all Infantry.
-Takumi has the honor of being the only Emblem team to be all Colorless weapons.
-Chrom, Hector, Xander and Takumi all have physical weapons only, but Xander has the honor of being the one to be all physical weapons and all being a separate color.
-The teams that can utilise Tactics skills are Lyn, Xander and Chrom.
-Camilla and Lyn can have a team that has 2 Physical weapons and 2 Magic weapons.
-Hector has the honor of being the only Emblem team to have all Prf Weapons. Lucina can have a team of 4 with all Prf weapons, but her Spring version lacks a Prf weapon.
-Hector also has the honor of being the only Emblem team to have a different artist for each character. Let's see if the 4th Azura can complete the Kaya8 Azura team.
-Xander is the only Emblem team of 4 that has a Dancer.
-Tiki is the only Emblem team of 4 so far to have a Dragonstone unit(not counting the Robins due to genderswaps).

Delzethin

Character Concept Creator
NNID
Delzethin
Wait, how long has this thread been a thing? Y'all have been holding out on me!

...Anyway, this happened to me last night.

Gonna hold on to her until Robin gets a prf and we know what it does. If it's a stronger owltome or even just a blue version of Soren's weapon, Chill Speed might be optimal for him.

Last edited:

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326
Yup, a new thread.

I suppose Book 3 comes out after that month long banner with the Muspell units? It's tempting for me to get Helbindi's A skill but the HP+5 sucks so bad lol.

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
Yup, a new thread.

I suppose Book 3 comes out after that month long banner with the Muspell units? It's tempting for me to get Helbindi's A skill but the HP+5 sucks so bad lol.
Hard to say exactly. We got Book 2 in November, so they may want to wait till it's been a full year, but since the book has already wrapped up, it's possible we'll see it as soon as October, along with a big version update (and maybe a skill refine? Pls?).

Either way we'll probably have a much clearer picture once October hits.

NSSKG151

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Lucaruto151RedX
3DS FC
1092-1616-4089
Switch FC
SW-4128-7335-9024
I'm expecting Book 3 to be announce via Feh Channel sometime in October and then it will be released either at the end of October or early November.

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
I see there's only one person worthy of my trust around here.
poll.png

You chose wisely, aarchak.

I'll probably come up with an actual poll later

-----
Because this probably shouldn't be a complete ****post, I'll show off my Titania, who I finally bothered to finish merging, making her my first 5* +10 unit:
I haven't really bothered with her prf because it was just such a letdown. Might use it if I ever decide to build a Tactic team, but until then she's sticking with the Slaying Axe.

The idea with this build is to be a mixed tank that shuts down enemies who rely too heavily on buffs, of which there are plenty in stuff like the arena. So rip anyone who was planning on sending out something like Odin against me. :p I also have a +spd Slaying Axe; if I'm using that, then I swap in Green Tomebreaker and the Distant Def seal. Both sets seem to work decently well.

Top Bottom