• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Work In Progress Fire Emblem Heroes: Finally found Forrest, MIA since 2017

Best hair colour for Forrest?

• Total voters

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
Dunno if good if that happens
I know a decent chunk of one Discord server I'm part of (as well as a good number of FE fans from other sites I visited) aren't happy at the idea of Fire Emblem Heroes partaking in some crossover gacha, so my only concern is how they'd react if it turns out Dragalia characters are coming to Fire Emblem Heroes. I fear the reaction could look something like that recent hot springs banner...

but is it wrong of me to think of the possibility of Fate characters in either game as a possibility? :lol:
Thanks for reminding me of my dream of a Fire Emblem Heroes x Fate/Grand Order crossover again!

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Imagine being a former FEH player that dropped it for Dragalia due too many Camillas just to have her cross over to that game.
1552878693490.png

Ivander

Smash Legend
I know a decent chunk of one Discord server I'm part of (as well as a good number of FE fans from other sites I visited) aren't happy at the idea of Fire Emblem Heroes partaking in some crossover gacha, so my only concern is how they'd react if it turns out Dragalia characters are coming to Fire Emblem Heroes. I fear the reaction could look something like that recent hot springs banner...

Thanks for reminding me of my dream of a Fire Emblem Heroes x Fate/Grand Order crossover again!
As I mentioned, so far, I've seen pretty even thoughts on the crossover. I don't think a Dragalia Lost banner will have a reaction as much as the Hot Spring Banner.

And I'm not putting any hopes up for now, as we don't know about IS' thoughts on crossovers, whereas Cygames is pretty crossover happy. I mean, the Fate series isn't against putting their characters in other games and even Gacha games like Shadowverse and Battle Cats, but it's not exactly something I'm putting any hopes up for.
Imagine being a former FEH player that dropped it for Dragalia due too many Camillas just to have her cross over to that game.
View attachment 201237
I would put up a chair and just watch the salt drop. :shades:

Edit: I just remembered the fact that Dragalia Lost is based around dragons and Camilla, while she cannot transform, does have Dragon Blood in her however when you remember that she can activate the Dragon Veins in Fates.

Last edited:

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
So far it looks like this is only FEH stuff in Dragalia, which is fine - from what I know Dragalia needs the promotion way more than FEH does.

Really hope this doesn't go the other way - FEH really shouldn't be doing crossovers when so many actual FE characters aren't in the game yet, and IS is already taking every chance it can to give us alts instead of actual new heroes.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I'm personally open to the idea of crossovers in FEH. While I get the mentality of "there are too many actual FE characters we need first" (still waiting on Rinkah especially myself), I also haven't really experienced anything pre-3DS era myself yet. So on a personal level, I don't actually get that excited for most characters coming to the game. Nothing against them, and there are plenty I look forward to playing as in their own games sometime, but it's hard for me to get personally excited beyond skill fodder.

Crossover banners would renew interest in the game for people like myself. I have found my interest in the game waning as of late partly due to the repetition in banners, and I even skipped the latest Grand Conquests. But crossover banners would inevitably bring new and exciting things to the game.

As for what crossovers I would like personally, the top of my list is Final Fantasy. I've always wanted to see some kind of FE x FF crossover, and mobile seems like a good place to test the waters. Keep it to FFs that have medieval/high fantasy setting and I think it would work really well. There a a gajillion FF gacha games though it's most likely they would crossover with Brave Exvius or Record Keeper if they did.

My personal ideal four person banner for some FF heroes would be Warrior of Light (FFI, Infantry Sword), Zidane or Vivi (FFIX, Infantry dagger/Infantry tome), Y'shtola (FFXIV, Infantry Staff), and either Firion or Bartz (FFII and FFV respectively, they could literally use any weapon type the devs wanted).

Crossover banners should probably be kept to once or twice a year though.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I really don't see how "there are many FE characters still not in FEH" a justification to not have crossovers. They're never gonna have all of them in anyways and I'd love a collab of some sort, though I wouldn't care at all about DL in FEH

Ivander

Smash Legend
Poncho about to get zapped

Obligatory Opossum Opossum tag :V
Lissa, there's a good even number between sisters not pranking their brother and sisters that do......but the Bolt Trap is Far from harmless prank material. I mean, it should mean danger when it can take most units down to one HP.

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
Think about it this way: If the DL characters do come to FEH and you don't care for them, then it's (likely) more F2P options for Phoenixmaster1 to use and/or fodder for good skills.

Also, Anna's appearance in DL will be the closest she'll ever get to an alt.

Last edited:

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
Surprised to see so many dismissing the idea that anyone would be upset by a collab. Personally, one of the reasons FEH appeals to me where other mobile games don't is because it features FE characters. It already feels like IS is taking every chance they can to not add actual new characters to the game, and a collab would be another instance of that.

I guess if it's done as a special heroes it wouldn't be as bad, but there are already too many special heroes banners as is. I'd rather they give us more new heroes banners instead.

As for the argument that it would spice things up or increase interest, I'm not really sure it would do much in that regard. Maybe if it was with a bigger series, but I don't see FE getting any interest from a collab with DL, especially as there's already a pretty significant playerbase overlap. And if they want to drive interest I think a fun new mode would do more - see the initial buzz for Aether Raids as an example.

D

Deleted member

FGO did collabs with other Nasuverse IPs and Granblue is basically a collab **** but neither of those devalue from the main cast and in fact are just fun additions. I really can't see an argument being made for "non-FE characters will ruin FEH" because it won't.

Ivander

Smash Legend
What if: Say Dragalia Lost characters do happen, but they are the "Seasonal Banner" for April? Think of this, April doesn't really have a Seasonal Banner, whereas March has Spring Banners and May has Bride Banners. So what if Dragalia Lost got a "Seasonal Banner" for April, meaning that there would still be a Banner featuring New FE Heroes?

I'd say that'd be giving both sides a good compromise. An optional Seasonal Crossover Banner without it affecting the New Heroes Banner.

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
I really don't think a crossover event is going to affect any FE character's chances of being added to Heroes, so I don't have any problem with them. The idea that "there are too many actual FE characters they haven't added yet" is... eh. I suspect IS already have a very clear idea of exactly who is or isn't getting added over the game's lifetime (allowing for some slight variations on account of CYL or whatever), and there are a lot of characters that simply aren't going to happen; a crossover event or two isn't going to change that much.

As for me personally, I'm just waiting on Forrest to show up, so a crossover banner would just be another thing for me to more or less ignore, unless they're characters I'm really interested in. So they're not going to bother me much either way.

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
FGO did collabs with other Nasuverse IPs and Granblue is basically a collab **** but neither of those devalue from the main cast and in fact are just fun additions. I really can't see an argument being made for "non-FE characters will ruin FEH" because it won't.
The difference is FEH is specifically a Fire Emblem crossover. Granblue is all OCs IIRC so it's not analogous. FGO is closer since it has characters from an existing series, but AFAIK FGO already has most of the existing Fate characters, and has a lot OCs anyway. Plus featuring other Type-moon characters isn't unusual since most TM series exist in some kind of shared universe.

D

Deleted member

The difference is FEH is specifically a Fire Emblem crossover. Granblue is all OCs IIRC so it's not analogous. FGO is closer since it has characters from an existing series, but AFAIK FGO already has most of the existing Fate characters, and has a lot OCs anyway. Plus featuring other Type-moon characters isn't unusual since most TM series exist in some kind of shared universe.
I don't see how the nature of the game makes a difference, especially whem FEH has a bunch of OCs as well.
Also, the SMT game has both Bayo and Dante so *shrugs*

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
The only crossover banner we need is...

If Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed could get Yogscast, we can get this. :V

]

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
We get a small handful of new characters every two weeks. That's roughly 26 new banners per year, at most. Then consider that a lot of those are seasonal banners already, with tons of recurring ones. New Years, Valentines, Spring, Bride, Summer 1, Summer 2, Performing Arts/Dance, Halloween, and Christmas have been reliable, recurring seasonals. That's down to 17 banners per year where new characters can be introduced. One of these is also saved for CYL, so it's really 16. This also doesn't factor in the Onsen banner, which may not become recurring due to the backlash this year, but if it recurs? We're down to 15 banners.

And then there are the cases of non-seasonal, non-legendary, non-CYL alts being added, making it even harder for actual new characters to get in. And then there's all the OCs, including Ylgr and Surtr who took up a banner all on their own.

People are right in saying that slots aren't really a thing in Smash, but in FEH? They absolutely are, as we only get a set amount of banners each year. We haven't had an Archanea banner since June 2017. We haven't had a Valentia banner since July 2017. Binding Blade literally JUST GOT its first banner EVER, two years into the game. There are more alts of Heroes OCs than there are Thracia 776 characters. There are forty alts of the ten Fates royals alone.

I'd hate to see actual Fire Emblem characters be passed up in favor of unnecessary crossovers. It's bad enough some of my favorites will likely never get in at the rate ACTUAL new characters are being added, but if crossovers start happening I'll need to start thinking "Well, I guess Beck and Yukimura are even less likely now that the ****ing Charmin Bears are possible."

D

Deleted member

We get a small handful of new characters every two weeks. That's roughly 26 new banners per year, at most. Then consider that a lot of those are seasonal banners already, with tons of recurring ones. New Years, Valentines, Spring, Bride, Summer 1, Summer 2, Performing Arts/Dance, Halloween, and Christmas have been reliable, recurring seasonals. That's down to 17 banners per year where new characters can be introduced. One of these is also saved for CYL, so it's really 16. This also doesn't factor in the Onsen banner, which may not become recurring due to the backlash this year, but if it recurs? We're down to 15 banners.

And then there are the cases of non-seasonal, non-legendary, non-CYL alts being added, making it even harder for actual new characters to get in. And then there's all the OCs, including Ylgr and Surtr who took up a banner all on their own.

People are right in saying that slots aren't really a thing in Smash, but in FEH? They absolutely are, as we only get a set amount of banners each year. We haven't had an Archanea banner since June 2017. We haven't had a Valentia banner since July 2017. Binding Blade literally JUST GOT its first banner EVER, two years into the game. There are more alts of Heroes OCs than there are Thracia 776 characters. There are forty alts of the ten Fates royals alone.

I'd hate to see actual Fire Emblem characters be passed up in favor of unnecessary crossovers. It's bad enough some of my favorites will likely never get in at the rate ACTUAL new characters are being added, but if crossovers start happening I'll need to start thinking "Well, I guess Beck and Yukimura are even less likely now that the ****ing Charmin Bears are possible."
Ya'll really think crossovers wouldn't be seasonals, huh?

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
And if they were, it wouldn't make a difference. That's one MORE seasonal banner and one LESS New Heroes banner.

D

Deleted member

And if they were, it wouldn't make a difference. That's one MORE seasonal banner and one LESS New Heroes banner.
Or you know, the same number of New Heroes banners and seasonals but one of those seasonals is a crossover...

Ivander

Smash Legend
I guess to some extent, it's understandable to be worried about spots wasted. I mean, ever since the beginning of this year, we've gotten 18 New characters(including Greil and Bruno) and 19 Alts of characters already in. However, it's much better than the start of last year, which had 21 Alts and 11 New characters. So the thing is, IS has been improving with actually getting new characters out. And for the past 3 months, we've been getting at least 5 New characters each month, with a new Hero unassociated with the other 5, for a total of 6 each month.
If we're including the possible Hero at the end of this month, Female Grima was last year, meaning there were 22 Alts, making it double the amount of New characters. This year, if it is a Mythic Hero and they continue the trend of Mythic Heroes being new characters, then there will be an even 19 New characters aside the 19 Alts.
So, say we get 19 New heroes every 3 months this year. By the end of the year, we would get 76 New Heroes. Last year, we got 55 New Characters altogether. That would be a whopping 21 New heroes compared to last year. That would be a big improvement. And a Dragalia Lost Banner wouldn't affect that.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Or you know, the same number of New Heroes banners and seasonals but one of those seasonals is a crossover...
Nope. Do you really think it would replace one of the recurring seasonal banners that already exist?

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
The way I look at it, no matter what way you slice it, banners that exist purely to capitalise on mass market appeal are always going to be a thing. In most cases, that's the alts of characters like Camilla and Lyn and etc, as well as the OC stuff.

However, if, for example, they started doing crossovers while cutting down on alts, I think most people would prefer that scenario since alts are what most people are getting sick of.

I also think people need to remember that while FEH is a Fire Emblem crossover in a sense, it's still a mass market game - but most Fire Emblem games don't have mass market appeal, due to being Japan exclusive (and the pre-Awakening games that are released globally still haven't developed anything more than a cult following). That's why you may not, and may never, see a lot of characters from those pre-FE7 games especially. They simply don't have the mass market reach of the later games and a crossover event. And it will take more than simply putting them in FE Heroes to do that. They'd need to port or remake more of the games first, which is a whole other kettle of fish to get into.

That's why I don't really buy the idea that a crossover event would delay or take away from the possibility of new FE characters making it in. If they decide to do a crossover event and your favourite never makes it in, it's likely because they never planned to add your favourite in the first place. Which is a shame if that is the case, but placing the blame on other banners happening is arbitrary and doesn't really change anything.

Another thing to note is that in those interviews that went around not too long ago (I recall posting a Destructoid one in this thread not too long ago), they mentioned that they constantly seek to expand the staff working on the game since release. So it's always possible that a crossover banner or two could be in addition to whatever they normally have lined up. The game is probably going to expand it's content output either way, so yeah, a crossover banner being added to the line up makes no difference.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
If "recurring" is having them twice then sure. Also, PA was a one-time thing only too.
The Hoshidan dance festival was the second Dancer banner, so yes, it was recurring.

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
Could be, could not be. I will note the next banner on the calendar is a new heroes banner, so if the DL collab is happening soon, it could be that banner. They didn't have any problem giving us banners with nothing but alts in the past and calling it a "new heroes" banner, so I don't see much reason why a crossover would be different.

Not to mention the effort put into another seasonal banner could be used on a new heroes banner instead.

D

Deleted member

Could be, could not be. I will note the next banner on the calendar is a new heroes banner, so if the DL collab is happening soon, it could be that banner. They didn't have any problem giving us banners with nothing but alts in the past and calling it a "new heroes" banner, so I don't see much reason why a crossover would be different.

Not to mention the effort put into another seasonal banner could be used on a new heroes banner instead.
Except crossover units would never be added onto the permanent summoning pool so they'd have to be seasonals.

This just feels like unnecessary fear-mongering to me and no different from the concept of "stealing slots" the Smash fanbase throws around.

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
Except crossover units would never be added onto the permanent summoning pool so they'd have to be seasonals.
How do you know they wouldn't? I'm not saying they will for sure be added to the general summoning pool, but I can't see any reason they couldn't be, especially for a Nintendo owned IP like DL. Maybe it's how gacha games tend to work, but it's not like that's legally binding or something.

FWIW, while I certainly am opposed to collab characters in FEH at the moment, I don't think it would ruin the game on it's own. Not sure if I'd quit the game over it, but if I did it'd be more a culmination of issues with the game.

I do know people who have said they'd straight up quit over it, but you'd have to ask them their reasoning.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208

This just feels like unnecessary fear-mongering to me and no different from the concept of "stealing slots" the Smash fanbase throws around.
Stealing slots is absolutely a thing in Heroes because of the two week release cycle. Smash isn't an apt comparison.

D

Deleted member

Stealing slots is absolutely a thing in Heroes because of the two week release cycle. Smash isn't an apt comparison.
Specifically 5 characters were chosen for DLC so yeah, it is the same thing.

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
No, it is an apt comparison. You're basically saying if character X wasn't added in, we'd get character Y, despite the fact that it ignores what goes into adding those different characters and the process behind them. That's exactly what someone who'd say :ultwiifittrainer::ultbayonetta::ultlucina: are a waste of a slot, as they ignore the decision and planning process, the development of their moveset, time allotment, ease of development, etc. Additionally, while we get characters every two weeks, remember that Smash is cut off as soon as the base game and DLC is done, so you have a small newcomer roster of say 15 + around 5 and that's it. Heroes is ongoing and as long as it's active characters will always have a chance to be added in the future (especially since influences like CYL are taken more into account), so the number of 'slots' are as many as the future allows.

I won't pretend I don't understand your misgivings, but there is little difference here. You're arguing from the perspective that a character slot is better used on someone else, and no matter of trying to explain it away will change that.

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Specifically 5 characters were chosen for DLC so yeah, it is the same thing.
No, it is an apt comparison. You're basically saying if character X wasn't added in, we'd get character Y, despite the fact that it ignores what goes into adding those different characters and the process behind them. That's exactly what someone who'd say :ultwiifittrainer::ultbayonetta::ultlucina: are a waste of a slot, as they ignore the decision and planning process, the development of their moveset, time allotment, ease of development, etc. Additionally, while we get characters every two weeks, remember that Smash is cut off as soon as the base game and DLC is done, so you have a small newcomer roster of say 10 to 15 + about 5 and that's it. Heroes is ongoing and as long as it's active characters will always have a chance to be added in the future (especially since influences like CYL are taken more into account), so the number of 'slots' are as many as the future allows.

I won't pretend I don't understand your misgivings, but there is little difference here. You're arguing from the perspective that a character slot is better used on someone else, and no matter of trying to explain it away will change that.
When taking out the recurring, reliable seasonal banners, there are roughly fifteen new heroes banners per year. You can't add more weeks to a year, and if a crossover banner were added, they likely wouldn't replace one of the recurring seasonals.

Hostile Springs shows that they will add new seasonal themes though, but these directly come at the cost of New Heroes banners. It's not as though one of the weeks would just be skipped if the crossover banner didn't happen. That's why it isn't like Smash. If, say, Isabelle didn't get in, we wouldn't have gotten Geno, but there was quite literally nothing stopping them from giving us, say, Reina over Kinshinoka. Smash doesn't decide on a number first and work from there, but due to Heroes' release schedule, Heroes DOES. One new banner every two weeks.

Wasting space on crossover characters when there are still really important actual Fire Emblem characters that haven't been added would leave a really poor taste in my mouth.

NSSKG151

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Lucaruto151RedX
3DS FC
1092-1616-4089
Switch FC
SW-4128-7335-9024
I like how we are all complaining over something that hasn't been confirmed to be happening yet. Especially since for all we know it could just be one sided (it seems like it anyways since there is nothing in Heroes in-game notifications nor has Intelligent Systems said anything about it yet). The way I see it just looks like Cygames is asking for some characters from Fire Emblem Heroes to guest star in an event for Draglia Lost which is no different from when Sakurai ask for Fire Emblem characters to appear in Smash and you never see Fire Emblem Heroes or the mainline games trying to advertise/collab with Smash Bros.

Personally I hope it is just a one sided thing and while I hate to use the 'taking up slots argument' I do still would prefer to see new Fire Emblem characters in Heroes before collab characters from other series.

Last edited:

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
Recent discussion got me curious about how much the rate of New Heroes banners has changed, and wow - hard to believe that the same month the game launched we not only got two New Heroes banners, but one of them was even a six person banner. How things have changed, huh?

Edit: And the first NH banner in the next month was also six units. Wack.

Last edited:

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
And good riddance to those.
In hindsight it's kinda lame if you're shooting for a specific character, but still it's nice that at one point they cared about getting lots of new people into the game, and not just super popular characters either.

They kind of tried to revisit the six character banner with the Alm and Celica's army banners, but I guess that was too generous to the playerbase for them :v

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
When taking out the recurring, reliable seasonal banners, there are roughly fifteen new heroes banners per year. You can't add more weeks to a year, and if a crossover banner were added, they likely wouldn't replace one of the recurring seasonals.
The fact that we got a new seasonal that was unrelated to the others as you mention later should show that plans aren't as set in stone as you're implying. They could take more regular banners away from us, or they could make up for the Hostile Springs and instead trade it for a regular banner, it's not nearly as much of a certainty. It's especially the case when you consider this collaboration in general is uncharted territory, we don't even know if it's going to use a banner to begin with.

That's why it isn't like Smash. If, say, Isabelle didn't get in, we wouldn't have gotten Geno, but there was quite literally nothing stopping them from giving us, say, Reina over Kinshinoka. Smash doesn't decide on a number first and work from there, but due to Heroes' release schedule, Heroes DOES. One new banner every two weeks.
What stopped them from adding Reina was that they didn't want to add Reina, the Fates banner with the Hinoka alt was planned to have her added and Reina was likely not in the equation. That's not really any different from Sakurai putting in Isabelle and not Geno, it's still the developers choosing a character and implementing them because they wanted to add the character. Also, while they don't have an exact number that they plan for there's still limited resources to the development of Smash that they do work with. They do plan on what they can do feasibly in the amount of time they have and will put as much priority on development in getting those elements completed. That's why we didn't see a large number of newcomers like we're used to with Ultimate, they planned for all the veterans to return and adjusted the numbers of newcomers and echoes they could add accordingly, thus making sure they worked with a limitation to get as much as they wanted to get done completed.

And to repeat: Unlike Smash, Heroes is an ongoing game that can continuously add characters, so the cap on how many characters we get is not going to be set until the game stops being successful. Putting in collaboration characters will not change anything about that, they're at best (if we assume they're even adding them in at all) characters put in once in a blue moon and don't take away anything that wasn't already planned to begin with.

Last edited:

Ivander

Smash Legend
Our next Mythic Hero is Yune!
Continuing the Mythic Hero = New character train. Pretty cool.

Top Bottom