• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fire Emblem Heroes Mafia: Book 2 - ENDGAME - A Surt-ain Mafia Loses, Town Prevails

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208

It seemed like so long ago that it happened. The joint army of Askr and Nifl had been out on official business when Embla stormed the castle with their cavalry. It was an almost perfect storm. The Summoner, alongside a small garrison of his summoned Heroes, fought valiantly to the last. However, despite their numerical advantage, they were overwhelmed. Feh, the army's messenger owl, had sent an urgent letter to Prince Alfonse. It was from Virion, one of the Summoner's most trusted Heroes, saying that somehow the Breidablik had lost its ability to revive fallen soldiers, and that all hope was lost. When everyone returned to the castle, there was no sign of anyone. Some eyewitness reports from townspeople claimed that the Summoner was seen with Xander, a Hero summoned by Princess Veronica of Embla, and that they were headed for the portal to the World of Mystery.

But with their army in shambles, and the army of Múspell hot on their tracks, this was going to be an uphill battle.

Chrom
Merric, Celica, is...is this everyone? Where are Prince Alfonse and Princess Sharena?

Merric
The Prince and Princess have elected to stay in Askr for now in fear of another ambush. The castle is now armed to the teeth...but alas, that also means we couldn't bring many able soldiers with us.

Chrom
And where is the Hero-King? Should he truly stay behind?

Celica
Marth is...preoccupied. He took leave to participate in a tournament. Super Smash Bros., I believe he said.

Chrom

Merric
Chrom, are you quite alright? You seem...off.

Chrom
Huh? Oh, I'm sorry, Merric. I was just lost in thought for a moment. Celica, would you like to give the orders today?

Celica
Certainly. Okay, everyone, please listen. Surtr's army tails us, so we must be cautious. We'll be facing varied objectives on our way to save the Summoner.

Rules:

1. Each Day Phase will last 48 hours, and each Night Phase will last 24 hours. No official vote counts will be given throughout the day. It is up to the players to keep their own tally. This is to encourage reading the thread.

2. No screenshots of any sort are allowed, as it gives certain players an unfair advantage. As well, do not directly quote anything that the host gives you in your Role PM. Further, any disagreement one may have with the host should be handled solely in your Role PM to avoid cluttering the thread.

3. All votes must follow this format: Vote: User. Votes not in this format will not count. Unvotes must be bolded as well.

4. Editing posts is strictly prohibited and may be responded to with a host kill.

5. No talking in the thread at night. Night chatter that continues over thirty minutes past the end of the phase will result in a warning on the first offense, and a hostkill on the second.

6. In an attempt to balance night talking, we'll be trying something a bit different: the Support system. During the Day Phase, each player may make a request to talk to a single player the following night. This request must be sent through your Role PM. At the end of the Day Phase, I will send each player a PM stating which other player they are allowed to talk to that night. Do not initiate night time PMs without consulting the host beforehand. Doing so will result in a hostkill. In the event that multiple people attempt to start a conversation with the same person, the first person to submit the request takes priority. In the event where a Night Phase begins with an odd number of players, the last player can have their choice of anyone. This helps accommodate players in different time zones. Choose your nighttime ally wisely. You may choose another player the following Day Phase. This one conversation stipulation does not affect the joint Mafia PM.

7. There will be three types of Day Phases: Rout Maps, Defense Maps, and Triangle Maps. These are randomly selected (except for Day One, which will be a Rout Map), but the same map type cannot be selected more than once every three Day Phases, to ensure that all types will be experienced.

8. During a Rout Map day phase, players will vote for a player to kill at the end of the phase. This is a standard day phase.

9. During a Defense Map day phase, each player must instead select a player to be defended, and not killed. One cannot vote to defend oneself. At the phase's end, all players who had no defense votes OR were otherwise tied for the least defense votes will be listed. A tiebreaker round will commence for one additional hour, and players once again vote for who to defend out of the chosen players. The players who were tied for protection may not vote. If a tie still exists after the tiebreaker round, a death will be selected randomly from the tied players.

10. During a Triangle Map day phase, the Weapon Triangle will take effect. The day will play like a Rout Map, with a twist: players with Swords will have their votes tripled if they vote for a player with an Axe, players with Axes will have their votes tripled if they vote for a player with a Lance, and players with Lances will have their votes tripled if they vote for a player with a Sword. However, be aware that the number of swords, axes, and lances may not be equal on the day of a Triangle Map. Mind the triangle, folks, and proceed with caution!

11. A word of warning...in addition to the Mafia themselves, there exists another threat to the town. If they succeed in their goals, a townie victory will be considerably harder to attain, though it will still be possible. Be careful.

And with that, feel free to sign up! There's gonna be fun, flavor, and possibly some experimental nonsense, though hopefully nothing too overwhelming. If you want a chill game, this is a chill game. Also full disclosure, signing up means you recognize that phase endings may come a bit late so the flavor can be written. This is very much a flavor game.

As well, this game is pretty rigid as far as players. I can only take SIXTEEN players, no more, and hopefully no less. However, you can also sign up as an alternate player in case someone decides to drop out.

1. Stoopid Unikorn
2. praline
3. Pokechu
4. Ura
5. Shiny
6. ---
7. Shishœ
8. BardulL
9. Red Ryu
10. Golden
11. Z25
12. #HBC | Nabe
13. lonekonwolf
14. Jojalole
15. Wolfie557
16. Holder of the Heel
17. Maven89

Alternates:
1. AmericanDJ
2. #HBC | soup

Last edited:

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
omg i so want to join this

but idk i might poof for a little bit, I might be taking a break from these forums, haven't decided

if i do join then i better get saber, i don't think he REALLY died ;)

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
Opossum Opossum

majority lynch or no? it says days last for 48 hours so I'm assuming there's no majority lynch, but just making sure

AmericanDJ

Marquess Ostia | Other Trap Butler ★
NNID
Derek123
3DS FC
1650-1984-4165
Switch FC
SW-7880-5897-7871
I suppose I can be an alternate for now.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Opossum Opossum

majority lynch or no? it says days last for 48 hours so I'm assuming there's no majority lynch, but just making sure
I've opted to not do majority lynch for this game. If enough people want it though, I'm willing to put it to a vote on day one.

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
also, could you elaborate on the support system opo?

like, i'll use me praline and white because this probably would happen lol

let's say I make a request to talk to praline

but praline doesn't want to talk to me, she's disgusted by me LOL so she goes and requests white

who will praline be able to talk to during the night? I or White? what if white requests me? then that's like a whole triangle, I requested praline, she requested white, and white requested me.

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
hmm three people have posted to the thread, two slots and the one alternate

I'll just play this game

/in

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208

but praline doesn't want to talk to me, she's disgusted by me LOL so she goes and requests white

who will praline be able to talk to during the night? I or White? what if white requests me? then that's like a whole triangle, I requested praline, she requested white, and white requested me.
As mentioned above, if there is a conflict of that sort, priority will be given to the one who sent the request first. However, both parties must consent to a Night Support, so no one will be forced into one. It sounds decently complex, but I think it'll become pretty straightforward as the game goes on.

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
As mentioned above, if there is a conflict of that sort, priority will be given to the one who sent the request first. However, both parties must consent to a Night Support, so no one will be forced into one. It sounds decently complex, but I think it'll become pretty straightforward as the game goes on.
Ohhhh okay

One more question!

Would it be possible for one player to have no support for a night? Since the support has to be mutual, what if everyone I choose to support picks someone else? Theoretically, what if no one chooses to support me?

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988

I’d talk to you despite that. RIP us though if RNG makes us both mafia.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Ohhhh okay

One more question!

Would it be possible for one player to have no support for a night? Since the support has to be mutual, what if everyone I choose to support picks someone else? Theoretically, what if no one chooses to support me?
In theory this is completely possible, but I think the risk is worth it if we can find a proper way to balance night talk. Like I said, there's some experimental stuff here.

Holder of the Heel

Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
I'm conflicted.

If I play and end up town, won't I be betraying Xander? :(

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
I’d talk to you despite that. RIP us though if RNG makes us both mafia.
LOL I've been waiting for that!!! You and I as mafia? BEST game ever!! We'd definitely win! :laugh: probably not ever happening though, RIP

You'd still support w/ me though? I thought Opo said it had to be mutual? I think in that case none of us would get each other, you wouldn't get White, I wouldn't get you, and White wouldn't get me. Since it's a whole triangle it wouldn't be fair if you got me when you asked for someone else, it wouldn't be mutual.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Care for a mafia a trois? :V
Care for a what now?

LOL I've been waiting for that!!! You and I as mafia? BEST game ever!! We'd definitely win! :laugh: probably not ever happening though, RIP

You'd still support w/ me though? I thought Opo said it had to be mutual? I think in that case none of us would get each other, you wouldn't get White, I wouldn't get you, and White wouldn't get me. Since it's a whole triangle it wouldn't be fair if you got me when you asked for someone else, it wouldn't be mutual.
Why do you think I’d choose White to talk to? No offense White if/when you read this.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Heh, I love Chrom's hesitation to talk about Smash Bros in the flavor.

Count me in. I need my Mafia fix and i'm eager to prove myself after what I would consider a satisfactory performance in Fate Mafia 2. Although I need to fully grasp these rules because they're new to me.

Natz~

Full of Hugs and Fire~
ah this one is starting now :V

katt still wanna be on her break though so i'll still pass

though if ya want Opossum Opossum i can put my brother at gun point again if ya need another spot :V something to consider i love to torture him

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
Why do you think I’d choose White to talk to? No offense White if/when you read this.
I just used him as an example since we had a trio thing going on in FEH 1, but also because you might read me incorrectly during the first day so you might not want to take a risk supporting me if you have other town reads.

Like how this past game, D1 you were thinking that I could be a fool; if someone reads you not-town, then it'll be harder for you to get a support with someone else.

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
ah this one is starting now :V

katt still wanna be on her break though so i'll still pass

though if ya want Opossum Opossum i can put my brother at gun point again if ya need another spot :V something to consider i love to torture him
Do it!! He's cool! :(

Make him become one of us! One of us! One of us! One of us!

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
10. A word of warning...in addition to the Mafia themselves, there exists another threat to the town. If they succeed in their goals, a townie victory will be considerably harder to attain, though it will still be possible. Be careful.
Lol Opo actually took my suggestion of having an Advance Wars character in this game.

Hence what I said about sabotaging the game. :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Since giving this role to Ura would be too predictable, feel free to give it to me.
Yeah way too suspicious for me to have lmao.

I gotta say tho...
6. There will be three types of Day Phases: Rout Maps, Defense Maps, and Triangle Maps. These are randomly selected (except for Day One, which will be a Rout Map), but the same map type cannot be selected more than once every three Day Phases, to ensure that all types will be experienced.

7. During a Rout Map day phase, players will vote for a player to kill at the end of the phase. This is a standard day phase.

8. During a Defense Map day phase, each player must instead select a player to be defended, and not killed. One cannot vote to defend oneself. At the phase's end, all players who had no defense votes OR were otherwise tied for the least defense votes will be listed. A tiebreaker round will commence for one additional hour, and players once again vote for who to defend out of the chosen players. The players who were tied for protection may not vote. If a tie still exists after e tiebreaker round, a death will be selected randomly from the tied players.

9. During a Triangle Map day phase, the Weapon Triangle will take effect. The day will play like a Rout Map, with a twist: players with Swords will have their votes tripled if they vote for a player with an Axe, players with Axes will have their votes tripled if they vote for a player with a Lance, and players with Lances will have their votes tripled if they vote for a player with a Sword. However, be aware that the number of swords, axes, and lances may not be equal on the day of a Triangle Map. Mind the triangle, folks, and proceed with caution!
I really like this take on the Day Phase. It makes things a lot more interesting than just "vote this guy out" and adds a lot more layers to the game.

I would also say it makes certain users more suspicious for decisions they make in regards to lynching and defending users. Mafia is going to have to be very clever to avoid suspicion this way.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Yeah way too suspicious for me to have lmao.

I gotta say tho...

I really like this take on the Day Phase. It makes things a lot more interesting than just "vote this guy out" and adds a lot more layers to the game.

I would also say it makes certain users more suspicious for decisions they make in regards to lynching and defending users. Mafia is going to have to be very clever to avoid suspicion this way.
I hope I’m town fir that reason. I’m not clever at all.

Maven89

Smash Master
I might play but I'm concerned with triangle maps. In a mylo/lylo situation it seems like the mafia might just steal a kill if it happens to be triangle and they're the right role type. This would normally just mean mylo happens a day earlier, but since it's random it seems mafia could steal a victory through the roll of the dice before they deserve it

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
I might play but I'm concerned with triangle maps. In a mylo/lylo situation it seems like the mafia might just steal a kill if it happens to be triangle and they're the right role type. This would normally just mean mylo happens a day earlier, but since it's random it seems mafia could steal a victory through the roll of the dice before they deserve it
I’m curious if he has days planned which they will be or if they are random. If it’s the former then I coukd see triangle maps being less frequent

Top Bottom