• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Work In Progress Fire Emblem Heroes: Finally found Forrest, MIA since 2017

Best hair colour for Forrest?

• Total voters

Ivander

Smash Legend
*Forging Bonds comes out*
"Well, let's see how this will turn out. :glare:"
*Forging Bond starts with the new heroes only talking with Sharena giving them a tour*
"Huh....off to a rather nice start. No pandering yet. "
*gets to the C-supports*
"Whoa......it's them actually talking with other characters. This is actually looking good. :surprised:"
"Nailah's C-Support mentions about wanting to thank Kiran at the very last minute"
"WELL EVERYTHING'S BEEN RUINED! THAT MENTION.....RUINED EVERYTHING. NOTHING BUT PANDERING.:hulk:" /s

People in a nutshell when it comes to Forging Bonds. :laugh: That said, this Forging Bonds is actually looking pretty good.

And just to mention, I didn't think the Nifl FB was too bad on the pandering besides most of Ylgr and Gunnthra's supports, as all of the main conversations were not about Kiran, Fjorms was mostly her talking with her siblings and even the C and S-supports involved the other characters and hardly involved her talking with Kiran and Hrid's was hardly pandering and looked more like he needed a person in general to give him some comfort due to his city being invaded.
For this Forging Bonds, it looks like they took a page from the main conversations and Fjorm's supports and are more of them interacting with the characters than Kiran, which is a good step in the right direction.

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
The theme for this Forging Bonds seems to be making them feel like actual support conversations from an FE game. Like Tibarn and Alfonse, Reyson and Anna, etc. It's a cool idea.

Still not a fun mode to actually play though.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
This FB is goat simply because it doesn't focus on slobbing the Summoner's knob.

The Tibarn and Poncho interactions are specially cool.

Bird Man>Gustav

D

Deleted member

Me, someone who just skips the dialogue of Forging Bonds because he couldn't be bothered ny the whole event: "Uhm yeah, great writing, woohoo!"

Ivander

Smash Legend
Me, someone who just skips the dialogue of Forging Bonds because he couldn't be bothered ny the whole event: "Uhm yeah, great writing, woohoo!"
Didn't you hear? Leanne X Narcian is canon.
That alone makes it the greatest writing.

Last edited:

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
I got to 4.00% on Winter's Envoy just to get pitybroken again.
Screenshot_20190112-001247.jpg
I ain't even mad.

-----
Naesala's battle was easy enough to be disappointing. He's a great unit but Im not going to build him yet as every feather for +10 Marth counts.

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Yeah Naesala's GHB was easier than like, Normal Birthright maps lmao. I don't even think I should bother recording it.

Jojalole

Henshin a go go baby!
Switch FC
SW 7943 9867 0675
Hey, finally got feathers to do a thing
Ended up choosing Shiida before Palla because she has better utility both killing and supporting thanks to her high Res. Otherwise it's pretty standard set, fury to improve her bulk for ploying and surviving armors (thanks to that IV update she will have 31 defense, not bad), desperation to deal with the following units and ploys to support other units and herself, while having galeforce to make use of that refinement.

And with that, I finally got an emblem team to +10
_20190113_155658.JPG

Don't know who will be my next merge project, right now I have the copies for Raven and Nowi, but I want to make some kind of ranged unit to +10... We'll see, it's gonna take a couple of months before I get the feathers.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Hey, finally got feathers to do a thing

Ended up choosing Shiida before Palla because she has better utility both killing and supporting thanks to her high Res. Otherwise it's pretty standard set, fury to improve her bulk for ploying and surviving armors (thanks to that IV update she will have 31 defense, not bad), desperation to deal with the following units and ploys to support other units and herself, while having galeforce to make use of that refinement.

And with that, I finally got an emblem team to +10
View attachment 186649

Don't know who will be my next merge project, right now I have the copies for Raven and Nowi, but I want to make some kind of ranged unit to +10... We'll see, it's gonna take a couple of months before I get the feathers.

>Galeforce in Eurospanish is called "Final Impact"

Doesn't make sense but it sounds lit.

Ivander

Smash Legend
I want to make sure, does Julia get access to forging for both her original Naga tome and the Divine Naga tome? Or does only Deirdre have access to the Divine Naga forges?

Last edited:

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
Okay. That's rather interesting. So that means that if say, Delthea, got a Forge for Dark Aura, that would mean that Linde might get the Forge for Dark Aura as well. Same for Merric with Dark Excalibur.
Refines are properties of weapons, not characters, so yes.

Edit: For another example, Chrom, Lucina, and Masked Marth all have access to the same refines.

Last edited:

shocktarts17

Smash Ace
I just want birds why have you forsaken me Gatcha gods?

I didn't get Micaiah either when I was pulling for her when she came out, clearly I am just destined never to have birds on my team.

Ivander

Smash Legend
Refines are properties of weapons, not characters, so yes.

Edit: For another example, Chrom, Lucina, and Masked Marth all have access to the same refines.
Now that I'm aware of that due to the fact that the Falchion for each of them is the same, compared to Marth and Alm's Falchions. That's more of why I was asking about Divine Naga's refine with Julia, as Divine Naga was originally Deirdre's and because not all of the characters with the same weapon share refines, as with the case with all the Fachion users. Although Chrom with Alm's Fachion would be a pretty dangerous combination.

That aside, it would be cool if some characters did share some more Prfs between each other. Like I do see why most Prfs are unique to the character, but I feel some characters getting existing Prfs isn't a bad thing either, as it can allow for more creativity/roles for a unit(and technically, some Prfs can be equipped by any character in their home game).
That's something I enjoy about Linde thanks to her Aura refine and having Dark Aura. You can have her switch between the roles of a buffer for Melee allies and a buffer for Mage allies, alongside her Glass cannon Blarblade+ set. I feel like it's a good thing if a character can perform multiple roles.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
If characters getting Prfs from other characters is going to be a thing, Mathilda should get Rhomphaia since she was the other iconic user of it in SoV. She really could use it too since she is a character that has aged like milk and wasn't good when she came out to begin with. It's also consistent with the fact she already has Ridersbane for cavalry effective damage, so Rhomphaia would simply add the armour effective damage to her already established kit.

Dunno if they would keep the Flashing Blade refine though as her Spd is notably lower than Clair's. They might need to give her something else.

Last edited:

Ivander

Smash Legend
Dunno if they would keep the Flashing Blade refine though as her Spd is notably lower than Clair's. They might need to give her something else.
If given a SPD Boon, Mathilda does have a decent SPD of 35, which is just 1 under from Clair with neutral SPD. That said however, Clair, when given the Superboon of ATK, basically powercreeps +SPD Mathilda in all ways except DEF & RES. Clair with her Superboon ATK basically has +2 HP, +1 ATK, +1 SPD and -1 RES when comparing her stats to Mathilda with a +SPD Boon. So not only would Mathilda still likely die to a Magic or Dragon user despite having +1 RES due to -2 HP, but she can also miss the 1 ATK or SPD needed to defeat or double an enemy.
The only "benefits" Mathilda has over Clair are:
-Having no Bow weakness compared to Clair, meaning she could at least survive an Archer attack compared to Clair.
-Mathilda has the 3 MOV whereas Clair has 2 MOV, but Clair can avoid mountains, rivers and whatnot for just as good mobility, not to mention Legendary Azura.
-Then there's Hone, Goad, Ward and Fortify Cavalry which are easy to get and Inherit to a bunch of Cavalry units that team up well with Mathilda whereas Hone and Ward Fliers for Flier allies are trickier to get and have to be Inherited sparingly to teammates that work well with Clair.

So basically, while Mathilda does have the stats capable of using Rhomphaia's Flashing Blade effect with a +SPD Boon, she won't use it as well as Clair, as that +1 ATK and SPD can be a major point to doing a finishing blow or double.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
If given a SPD Boon, Mathilda does have a decent SPD of 35, which is just 1 under from Clair with neutral SPD. That said however, Clair, when given the Superboon of ATK, basically powercreeps +SPD Mathilda in all ways except DEF & RES. Clair with her Superboon ATK basically has +2 HP, +1 ATK, +1 SPD and -1 RES when comparing her stats to Mathilda with a +SPD Boon. So not only would Mathilda still likely die to a Magic or Dragon user despite having +1 RES due to -2 HP, but she can also miss the 1 ATK or SPD needed to defeat or double an enemy.
The only "benefits" Mathilda has over Clair are:
-Having no Bow weakness compared to Clair, meaning she could at least survive an Archer attack compared to Clair.
-Mathilda has the 3 MOV whereas Clair has 2 MOV, but Clair can avoid mountains, rivers and whatnot for just as good mobility, not to mention Legendary Azura.
-Then there's Hone, Goad, Ward and Fortify Cavalry which are easy to get and Inherit to a bunch of Cavalry units that team up well with Mathilda whereas Hone and Ward Fliers for Flier allies are trickier to get and have to be Inherited sparingly to teammates that work well with Clair.

So basically, while Mathilda does have the stats capable of using Rhomphaia's Flashing Blade effect with a +SPD Boon, she won't use it as well as Clair, as that +1 ATK and SPD can be a major point to doing a finishing blow or double.
Well not using it as well as Clair is kind of a given since Clair is inherently a better unit and a better class but I'm just thinking it could at least help Mathilda a bit.

I highly doubt they'll make something unique for her at this stage because that would require dev time on a unit not many people use but they could throw a Rhomphaia at her for the people who do want to use her which wouldn't be any effort at all.

Ivander

Smash Legend
Those times when you get a Pitybreaker that you can fodder, but they have a optimal Boon and a Bane that will eventually be taken away when the Merge update comes in. And it's Surtr.

https://media.giphy.com/media/c2pOELjarKcU/giphy.gif
Yeah, my previous Surtr was +SPD, -DEF. This one is +ATK and -DEF, much means that merging my old with the new will get rid of the DEF Bane when the Merge update comes in and gives an additional point of HP and ATK.

Last edited:

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
Yeah, my previous Surtr was +SPD, -DEF. This one is +ATK and -DEF, much means that merging my old with the new will get rid of the DEF Bane when the Merge update comes in and gives an additional point of HP and ATK.
Not quite how it works. Your Surtr will just lose his Def bane when merged; he won't get an additional point of HP and Atk. Those extra points are only for merged Neutral units.

Ivander

Smash Legend
Not quite how it works. Your Surtr will just lose his Def bane when merged; he won't get an additional point of HP and Atk. Those extra points are only for merged Neutral units.
I meant the original points when merged the first time. Basically, when you merge the first time, they get a +1 to their highest stats, than the Bane disappears. That's what I meant. I just merged him now and he got +1 HP and ATK. So basically, when the update comes, he'll lose his DEF Bane while having the additional +1 to his HP and ATK from the first merge. That's what I meant.

Last edited:

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
So, this ended up being a pretty profitable week for me. Thanks to all these events, I managed to get a total of four merges with all the feathers I got.

Now this one's well on her way to being complete:

aversa.png

Next week I'll have enough Grails to buy the 7th merge, and after that, she's gonna be put on hold till the rest of the grails come in/she gets her rerun. Fortunately I have more than enough projects to work on in the meantime, so it should be nice to take a break from my Aversa marathon for a bit to catch up on the other units I've been neglecting.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Wholesome Emblem

I better pull Quan before the inevitable Travant GHB

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
>tfw NY! Laegjarn is an AR Bonus Unit but they still haven't added her to the Grail list

sonic_7_sonic_x_by_sonic_x_screenshots-d8nb70c.jpg

Ivander

Smash Legend
So looking at the Prayer Wheel bug, the main effect was the Animations turned off effect, which would apply buffs before Dance skill buff, but decided to go with the effect when the Animations are turned off, which applies buffs after the Dance skill buff. So basically, they are actually going with the effect that makes Prayer Wheel more broken than PA!Azura's weapon, but actually makes the Dance Seals useful.

I'm having mixed thoughts.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
So looking at the Prayer Wheel bug, the main effect was the Animations turned off effect, which would apply buffs before Dance skill buff, but decided to go with the effect when the Animations are turned off, which applies buffs after the Dance skill buff. So basically, they are actually going with the effect that makes Prayer Wheel more broken than PA!Azura's weapon, but actually makes the Dance Seals useful.

I'm having mixed thoughts.
Well it would be close to business suicide if they decided to keep the originally intended, less powerful version. People have already paid money to get this character and if they nerf one of their more powerful strategies, even if it was unintentional, it messes up strategies and more importantly, sets a bad precedent that any character can just get directly nerfed, and people will be much, much less inclined to put down money for those powerful characters in the future.

This is why IS has no problem directly buffing characters through refines and new Prf weapons, but never directly nerfs a character. All nerfs in this game are done retroactively (by introducing skills or units designed to counter some of the more powerful units and strategies, or just straight powercreep).

Back in the early days of Kingdom Hearts: Union Cross (or Unchained Chi as it was named at the time), something similar to this happened. At the time, there was a Jack Skellington medal that was considered one of the most powerful and OP medals in the JP version of the game. When the medal came to the Global version of the game, SENA decided the medal was too powerful for the Global meta and decided to nerf it, with the hopes of also being able to do this in the future with other medals they deemed OP. However, not only did they not inform the Global player base that this medal would be nerfed compared to JP, they mistakenly kept a translation of the medals effect in the JP version. After community outrage, they eventually relapsed and restored the medal's effect to how it was in the JP version and haven't attempted to directly nerf anything since.

Ivander

Smash Legend
Well it would be close to business suicide if they decided to keep the originally intended, less powerful version. People have already paid money to get this character and if they nerf one of their more powerful strategies, even if it was unintentional, it messes up strategies and more importantly, sets a bad precedent that any character can just get directly nerfed, and people will be much, much less inclined to put down money for those powerful characters in the future.

This is why IS has no problem directly buffing characters through refines and new Prf weapons, but never directly nerfs a character. All nerfs in this game are done retroactively (by introducing skills or units designed to counter some of the more powerful units and strategies, or just straight powercreep).
Well, technically, you do have Julia's Refine. It's original writing was that it could ignore Adaptive damage and Wrathful Staff damage. The Wrathful Staff ignore was an error though and didn't work ingame, but nobody really complained about it when the writing was fixed. But then again, Julia's RES was already high, so it didn't really matter too much.
Compared to Azura's effect which people did abuse however, so of course IS has to appeal due to people being used to it already. Hence why I have mixed thoughts. It was a glitch. It's one thing to make a glitch a feature due to the developer's choice to make it a feature, like say, Mercy's Guardian Angel effect from Overwatch, but making a glitch a feature due to people abusing it and because Gacha games can't really allow nerfing......:ohwell:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Well, technically, you do have Julia's Refine. It's original writing was that it could ignore Adaptive damage and Wrathful Staff damage. The Wrathful Staff ignore was an error though and didn't work ingame, but nobody really complained about it when the writing was fixed. But then again, Julia's RES was already high, so it didn't really matter too much.
Compared to Azura's effect which people did abuse however, so of course IS has to appeal due to people being used to it already. Hence why I have mixed thoughts. It was a glitch. It's one thing to make a glitch a feature due to the developer's choice to make it a feature, like say, Mercy's Guardian Angel effect from Overwatch, but making a glitch a feature due to people abusing it and because Gacha games can't really allow nerfing......:ohwell:
Well you explained that one yourself, it was a text error but the effect itself wasn't in the game, so nothing got nerfed. IIRC that was the result of them basically splicing together descriptions for other refines to explain Julia's refine. Julia was also not a new unit and the text error was fixed before her New Power banner IIRC so nobody is going to pull for Julia based on the refine description error.

The Azura situation is different because the effect was actually in the game.

It's not that gacha games CAN'T nerf things. A common misconception is that it's illegal to do so but there is no clear cut law on the subject. However, it's just a slippery slope for business and overall bad for their bottom line.

Personally, looking at the effect itself, I don't see a problem with keeping it as it isn't like it's completely OP or anything, it's just an extra bit of utility for Legendary Azura. While it's easy enough to apply the buff, you could also just give your units Hone and Fortify Skills, especially on Emblem teams, and have them not only start off the turn with +6 Atk and Spd/+6 Def and Res before getting the buff from Azura, but after the buff from Azura, it's still an extra point to each stat compared to the Earth Dance (and etc) method of buffing.

D

Deleted member

Nerfing characters or skills is never going to happen in a gacha game. It's why FGO had to make every mew challenge directly counter Merlin strats

As for Julia, her ignoring Wrathful Staff damage would never happen because the requirement of the skill is to be facing a Dragon foe

shocktarts17

Smash Ace
Nerfing characters or skills is never going to happen in a gacha game. It's why FGO had to make every mew challenge directly counter Merlin strats

As for Julia, her ignoring Wrathful Staff damage would never happen because the requirement of the skill is to be facing a Dragon foe
When I saw that I thought it meant they were planning to add a healer dragon lol

Ivander

Smash Legend
When I saw that I thought it meant they were planning to add a healer dragon lol
It actually is possible for one to happen if they add Lilith from Fates and make her one, as she is in her Dragon form when she heals.

Last edited:

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
For now I welcome L!Azura as the winner of A Hero Rises 2

Ivander

Smash Legend
For now I welcome L!Azura as the winner of A Hero Rises 2
Yeah, she's pretty likely. PA!Azura did a good job in the previous one, but a free Legendary Dancer blue Tome Hero with a great weapon? Screams like a must-have. That said, she will have competition still. Most likely with:
-Any of the Armoured Dragons, especially L!Tiki, W!Fae and H!Myrrh.
-Legendary Marth for being a Dragon Buster and for being a Fire Hero..
-Legendary Hector, for being a great Armor in general and for being a Fire Legendary Hero.
-Legendary Robin, due to being the only Colorless Dragon and for having great stats when Neutral.
-Hrid, due to being a great Distant Counter Horse user and a free Wind hero.
-Micaiah and Summer Micaiah, due to taking out both Armors and Cavalry, two very common threats. Summer Micaiah has the benefit of having Dance.
-Tibern, due to being a great offensive character and to give a Free Beast unit.
-Surtr, due to being one of the best Armors in general......and to enrage people at the thought of everybody getting a free Surtr.

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Yeah, she's pretty likely. PA!Azura did a good job in the previous one, but a free Legendary Dancer blue Tome Hero with a great weapon? Screams like a must-have. That said, she will have competition still. Most likely with:
-Any of the Armoured Dragons, especially L!Tiki, W!Fae and H!Myrrh.
-Legendary Marth for being a Dragon Buster and for being a Fire Hero..
-Legendary Hector, for being a great Armor in general and for being a Fire Legendary Hero.
-Legendary Robin, due to being the only Colorless Dragon and for having great stats when Neutral.
-Hrid, due to being a great Distant Counter Horse user and a free Wind hero.
-Micaiah and Summer Micaiah, due to taking out both Armors and Cavalry, two very common threats. Summer Micaiah has the benefit of having Dance.
-Tibern, due to being a great offensive character and to give a Free Beast unit.
-Surtr, due to being one of the best Armors in general......and to enrage people at the thought of everybody getting a free Surtr.
I would say Legendary Azura's main competition would just be Brave or Legendary Hector, Legendary Robin, and Legendary Tiki going by popularity.

I think she'll win though because while the other units are strong, they aren't game changing to the degree Legendary Azura is. Legendary Azura is fantastic to have for like, any Infernal and Abyssal content, while that's not really true of the others. She's Brave Veronica all over again (who I also think has a chance of winning).

Top Bottom