• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Work In Progress Fire Emblem Heroes: Finally found Forrest, MIA since 2017

Best hair colour for Forrest?

• Total voters

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Who invited the Dissidia Opera Omnia writers for the Valentine's paralogue because it felt like it actually had decent writing and actually tried to tell a small story rather than just "hey I'm here to fight you I think" for the first time in a while.

We should invite them over more often.

Ivander

Smash Legend
Who invited the Dissidia Opera Omnia writers for the Valentine's paralogue because it felt like it actually had decent writing and actually tried to tell a small story rather than just "hey I'm here to fight you I think" for the first time in a while.

We should invite them over more often.
The Valentine stories always had the better "stories". The first one had Lilina trying to get a present for her father Hector, because it was one of the few times she'd be able to spend time with her father after his death in her world. The second one had Ike try to be at his best and at the end wanted his father Greil to stay with him and the Greil Mercenaries and Greil reminded Ike about how much he had grown for the sake of his family and country when Greil died and was not there for them. And now we have Alm wanting to talk with his father Rudolf after he did not have a chance to be with Rudolf as a son after their fight.

Sure, we give alot of criticism to Heroes' stories and especially the whole "need to fight" deal, but the Valentine stories have always been on the stronger side of Heroes' story telling. And regarding future Valentine stories, I'd certainly love to see Valentine stories based on:
-Jugdral with Sigurd, Deirdre, Seliph and Julia. Heck, if they want to go for risky, but lots of potential, have Arvis and a non-possessed Julius and possibly have Sigurd or Seliph at odds with Arvis.
-Another Jugdral one would be Leif and Altina with their parents Quan and Ethlyn as well as Finn. The Jugdral ones would be my most wanted due to the other potentials giving Alts to characters who have more than enough and Jugdral characters really needing Alts.
-Ephraim, Eirika and Lyon with their fathers Fado and a non-reanimated Vigarde.
-Xander, Camilla, Elise and Leo with True Garon and not the possessed/fake one. Vice-versa with Ryoma, Hinoka, Sakura and Takumi with Sumeragi.
-And the last potential one would be from Three Houses.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
The Valentine stories always had the better "stories". The first one had Lilina trying to get a present for her father Hector, because it was one of the few times she'd be able to spend time with her father after his death in her world. The second one had Ike try to be at his best and at the end wanted his father Greil to stay with him and the Greil Mercenaries and Greil reminded Ike about how much he had grown for the sake of his family and country when Greil died and was not there for them. And now we have Alm wanting to talk with his father Rudolf after he did not have a chance to be with Rudolf as a son after their fight.

Sure, we give alot of criticism to Heroes' stories and especially the whole "need to fight" deal, but the Valentine stories have always been on the stronger side of Heroes' story telling. And regarding future Valentine stories, I'd certainly love to see Valentine stories based on:
-Jugdral with Sigurd, Deirdre, Seliph and Julia. Heck, if they want to go for risky, but lots of potential, have Arvis and a non-possessed Julius and possibly have Sigurd or Seliph at odds with Arvis.
-Another Jugdral one would be Leif and Altina with their parents Quan and Ethlyn as well as Finn. The Jugdral ones would be my most wanted due to the other potentials giving Alts to characters who have more than enough and Jugdral characters really needing Alts.
-Ephraim, Eirika and Lyon with their fathers Fado and a non-reanimated Vigarde.
-Xander, Camilla, Elise and Leo with True Garon and not the possessed/fake one. Vice-versa with Ryoma, Hinoka, Sakura and Takumi with Sumeragi.
-And the last potential one would be from Three Houses.
True, but this one felt more involved, perhaps due to technically having an extra character with Alm and Celica being a duo unit.

It also literally had no arbitrary Askr intro with Anna making a money scheme or anything. Just straight in with the Valentia characters.

While some FE Heroes OCs are evidently characters that are among my favourites in the series, I do sometimes wonder how this game could have been if they went the Opera Omnia route and didn't have a "summoner" character like a lot of gachas revolve around, and just 100% focused on fun crossover stories or expanding upon lore and themes from the source material. This paralogue is more or less how I imagined things would play out.

I particularly liked the small detail they dropped of, despite how Alm is now king of Valentia, he still hasn't shaken his anxiety regarding the fact he's basically been raised as a small time villager and thrust into this whole situation he never imagined he would get himself into. I like how him having Celica by his side isn't something that just magically fixes this anxiety and it's something he will continue to work on. This is exactly the kind of thing I want to see more of from this game - using the opportunity to explore characters past the ending of the original games. Really sells the idea that the characters aren't just a closed loop and they still have their share of stories to tell, even if they are smaller.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Had 9 orbs and have been sniping colorless. Had one colorless in this session and that was it. Decided to build the pitty rate and pulled the green.
I then got:
F94995BF-41F1-468F-B2B7-908641A625DA.png

This. Which is honestly pretty sweet. 8” I really liked the alt but wanted to pull faye and then either snipe reds for Conrad merges, or save orbs for CYL 4, so getting this in a session when going for faye is pretty nice. Plus pretty solid boon and a ok bane

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
A Hero Rises results revealed:

If Edelgard actually wins the voting gauntlet and we get her as the free unit, then I'm probably gonna take a break from this game.

Also shoutout to all the people who voted for Legendary Ike when you can get him for free.

slamallama

Smash Journeyman
That's a pretty good list. Even if the winner is someone you don't want, they all have great fodder:
Atk/Def Oath
Atk/Spd Solo
Wrath
Time's Pulse
Close Counter
Special Spiral
Def/Res Oath
Atk/Res Push
Distant Counter
Special Fighter
Threat. Atk/Res
Atk/Def Solo
Rouse Atk/Def
Darting Blow 4
Null Follow-Up
Odd Atk Wave
And uh... I guess Azura has Aerobatics..? Anyway, I'll honestly be happy with any of them. Though Altina, Leif, regular Sothis, and Azura are the ones I would probably keep

Last edited:

Pokelego999

Smash Hero
Waiting for Latias and Latios to get a theme
Switch FC
SW-0935-8215-2605
A Hero Rises results revealed:

If Edelgard actually wins the voting gauntlet and we get her as the free unit, then I'm probably gonna take a break from this game.

Also shoutout to all the people who voted for Legendary Ike when you can get him for free.
This list looks completely different from what was on the page when I last checked

Ivander

Smash Legend
Looking at the list, I'm good with 5 of them. I already have Edelgard, a +1 NY!Alfonse and 2 Sothis(as I haven't decided what to do with the 2nd one). I do have an Altina and L!Alm, but both can use a merge, especially Altina who's -ATK. And I don't have L!Leif, L!Azura and Winter Sothis.

In the meantime, in terms of 5-stars recently, I got a Leif who I merged, +ATK Brave Alm, a 5-star Mordecai from Free Summon, got a -ATK Valentine Ike from the Free Summon and 2 Brave Celicas in the same Summon set with 1 Ticket and 12 Orbs. Since I already had a +SPD B!Celica, I get to figure out which 2 units I have will get Death Blow 4. I might also fodder Valentine Ike once I get his Hero Merit to full and get his Dragonflowers, as he is -ATK and does have Distant Counter & Special Fighter 3.

Last edited:

Ivander

Smash Legend
I know it's a double-post, but anyway:
So our Heroes are Nils, Rath, regular Fiora and Leila. Heath is our Grand Hero Battle. And Rath is our 4-star Demote cause Rath is part of the 4-Star Focus, meaning that 4-Star Focuses will be part of Normal Banners. Also, Leila with that weapon that is practically made for Matthew.

That said, for a Banner that is titled, "The Dread Isle", there is no Nergal. Heath is our Grand Hero Battle, not Nergal. I mean, c'mon, no acknowledgement for "This is a message from Lord Nergal. I await you on the Dread Isle." ?

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
I'm really scratching my head over the GHB, why Heath? I love the guy and I'll be happy to get him (though being a GHB is not a good sign for the poor guy), but we've had two lance fliers in a row and Nergal would've been a much better fit, so I don't really get the decision to put him in this way. If they really wanted to keep Nergal in their pocket I would've suggested Limstella, Ephidel, or Darin instead, or Denning if they wanted to go directly for the meme.

Ivander

Smash Legend
I'm really scratching my head over the GHB, why Heath? I love the guy and I'll be happy to get him (though being a GHB is not a good sign for the poor guy), but we've had two lance fliers in a row and Nergal would've been a much better fit, so I don't really get the decision to put him in this way. If they really wanted to keep Nergal in their pocket I would've suggested Limstella, Ephidel, or Darin instead, or Denning if they wanted to go directly for the meme.
It really doesn't help that most of the GHBs we've gotten recently are Lance. 6 months ago we had Death Knight. 3-4 months ago, we had both Conrad and Cormag. And we had Travant last month and people are still really peeved about him not having Gungnir. Heck, if we go back to 8 months ago, we had Cynthia. 3 out of 5 of them are Lance Fliers. And it really doesn't help that the Lance units have been lackluster aside from Conrad, who's only competition is Fallen Berkut.
While it is possible that Heath could avoid the Lance Flier fate, it doesn't help that he comes from FE7 where the Wyvern Knights start with only Lances. And Heath joins as a Wyvern Rider in his game, so that certainly doesn't help his case. Only when they become Wyvern Lords do they get to wield Swords.
Which would actually be a valid option for Heath, cause the only 2 Wyvern Sword users are NY!Camilla and Laegjern. And those 2 plus NY!Hrid are the only Sword Fliers designed to be a Tank. Heath as a Sword Flier Tank would be a great budget option for those who don't have NY!Hrid, NY!Camilla or Laegjern.

Edit: Sigh...apparently, Heath has a Ridersbane as his weapon.

Last edited:

zumaddy

Smash Ace
Mediocre lance flier GHB, Nils having the spotlight stolen from him by an NPC, Fiora being Eyvel 2.0, no Erk and Rath as another green bow cav. Really not a good showing for an FE7 banner.

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
It really doesn't help that most of the GHBs we've gotten recently are Lance. 6 months ago we had Death Knight. 3-4 months ago, we had both Conrad and Cormag. And we had Travant last month and people are still really peeved about him not having Gungnir. Heck, if we go back to 8 months ago, we had Cynthia. 3 out of 5 of them are Lance Fliers. And it really doesn't help that the Lance units have been lackluster aside from Conrad, who's only competition is Fallen Berkut.
While it is possible that Heath could avoid the Lance Flier fate, it doesn't help that he comes from FE7 where the Wyvern Knights start with only Lances. And Heath joins as a Wyvern Rider in his game, so that certainly doesn't help his case. Only when they become Wyvern Lords do they get to wield Swords.
Which would actually be a valid option for Heath, cause the only 2 Wyvern Sword users are NY!Camilla and Laegjern. And those 2 plus NY!Hrid are the only Sword Fliers designed to be a Tank. Heath as a Sword Flier Tank would be a great budget option for those who don't have NY!Hrid, NY!Camilla or Laegjern.

Edit: Sigh...apparently, Heath has a Ridersbane as his weapon.
I think what makes it even worse is that a few of these could've easily been spread out and put into the pool. Among those not in the game, Cormag was the most popular SS character on the CYL2 poll, Conrad was top 5 for SoV, and Cynthia was among the most popular of the kids, so they could've been thrown in to the summon banners as desired units while the GHB had lesser used weapon types. Yet they haven't, and as a result the flow of lance users (especially flying ones) have gotten repetitive, so seeing Heath after all of that feels really dull. It also doesn't help that we haven't gotten any Male Wyvern Riders in the main summoning pool either, with all of them being relegated to GHBs as well, which adds even more to the repetitiveness.

I would say that I hope Heath gets a unique statline, but seeing the Ridersbane it's unfortunately not looking good. At this point his best bet is to be Cormag 2.0 or he's just going to be completely overshadowed (at least his art and Wyvern look good though).

Pokelego999

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-0935-8215-2605
I know it's a double-post, but anyway:
So our Heroes are Nils, Rath, regular Fiora and Leila. Heath is our Grand Hero Battle. And Rath is our 4-star Demote cause Rath is part of the 4-Star Focus, meaning that 4-Star Focuses will be part of Normal Banners. Also, Leila with that weapon that is practically made for Matthew.

That said, for a Banner that is titled, "The Dread Isle", there is no Nergal. Heath is our Grand Hero Battle, not Nergal. I mean, c'mon, no acknowledgement for "This is a message from Lord Nergal. I await you on the Dread Isle." ?
Nils is finally in the game, took him long enough. And honestly, after the past month of all Blue New Units in my Summons (Altena, Tana, Nowi, Bridal Tanith, Brave Eliwood, etc., except Duo Alm and a pitybreak Cecila I havent gotten any non blues) we really need more color diversity. Red has had two spots on the past two banners, and blue has most of the GHB. It's ridiculous #GreenNeedsSomeLove

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
I had no interest in this banner and yet I randomly got Nils off of one of the Forging Bonds tickets. I've been pulling the main featured units thanks to forging bond tickets for the past few banners or so.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
So what's the consensus on these types of banners? Are the rates good enough to make them worth pulling on? 6% sounds nice but the colours are shared.

I think it should mean that S!Laegjarn has a 3% appearance rate but I wanna be sure.

Last edited:

Ivander

Smash Legend
So what's the consensus on these types of banners? Are the rates good enough to make them worth pulling on? 6% sounds nice but the colours are shared.

I think it should mean that S!Laegjarn has a 3% appearance rate but I wanna be sure.

Well, from the last Banner that did it, I got a S!Ursula, G!Pent and 4 Picnic Fioras(trying to get a Summer Lilina) under 100 Orbs. And it wasn't a big gap between getting any of them, as I think the highest I got was either 8.00 or 8.50 and for the most part, I was color sniping for Lilina. So either I was lucky at the amount of heroes I got or it was more generous than I expected it to be.

That said, even if you aren't getting S!Laegjern, you are getting S!Lyn with Sturdy Impact, so you are getting something good out of Blue regardless.

Pokelego999

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-0935-8215-2605
Well, from the last Banner that did it, I got a S!Ursula, G!Pent and 4 Picnic Fioras(trying to get a Summer Lilina) under 100 Orbs. And it wasn't a big gap between getting any of them, as I think the highest I got was either 8.00 or 8.50 and for the most part, I was color sniping for Lilina. So either I was lucky at the amount of heroes I got or it was more generous than I expected it to be.

That said, even if you aren't getting S!Laegjern, you are getting S!Lyn with Sturdy Impact, so you are getting something good out of Blue regardless.
You got that much? Took me ages to get anything (Got a single Hoshidan Summer Xander)

Ivander

Smash Legend
You got that much? Took me ages to get anything (Got a single Hoshidan Summer Xander)
Yeah. I wanted a S!Ursula and S!Lilina for fodder, but aside from S!Ursula, I also ended up getting Pent from a pitybreaker Blue(as there was only Greens and Blues during one Summon Session) as well as 4 Picnic Fioras trying to get Lilina.

But yeah, there wasn't a real big gap regarding Percentage increase, as my highest was either 8.25 or 8.50 and I did not have alot of Orbs(around 80 when I first started summoning on the Banner, then overtime did 2 SSs at 9 Orbs each and got my 4th Picnic Fiora on the 2nd SS Red Orb) so I was getting 5-star Heroes quite quickly.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Reddit told me it's probably the best banner she will ever be on so I went for it with 619 Orbs.

Haul was 4 S!Laegjarn, 3 S!Lyn. Was hoping for more merges since I got 5 S!Laegjarn in half the Orbs on her original banner, but still nothing to scoff at. I also got a lot of Mae, so I mae consider making her my next 4-Star merge project with feathers. No +Atk S!Laegjarn though and there were some big gaps. I know I went as high as 10% pity rate twice.

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
So I managed to get, among other things, a free copy of Brave Ike off the summoning tickets.

I actually had several copies lying around by that point, as well as a Nailah I free summoned ages ago. So I finally pulled the trigger:

1582253123129.png

I'm hoping he'll make for a nice addition to my AR Light teams. I'm planning on making him my next merge project as well, whenever I'm finished with my current target. For a relatively cheap +10, I think he'll pack a lot of bang for his buck.

:happysheep:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Talk about having your cake and eating it too.

Pokelego999

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-0935-8215-2605
Talk about having your cake and eating it too.

1. It's better than saying "You missed it sucks for you."
2. I'm not buying the FEH Pass so lol

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Got a Summer Laegjarn. Not what I wanted, but she's surprisingly good.
>Surprisingly

She's literally blue flier Lewyn with SS3 and was the main prize of her original banner. If nothing else, she's top tier fodder at least.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
What? I expected her to be down there with Delthea as one of those Blue Mages everyone values to much and turns out they suck.
A blue Lewyn with access to flier mobility and buffs was never going to be anything to scoff at. She also comes with Flier Formation too giving her even more mobility out of the gate on Flier teams.

I regularly destroy green units with her despite the colour disadvantage, and mine isn't even +Atk.

I'd recommend putting the Heavy Blade Sacred Seal on her especially if you got a +Atk copy. Pair that with a special like Moonbow and Luna and she'll be proc'ing a big special every other hit.

Last edited:

Ivander

Smash Legend

I was wondering when he was going to get one. Although looking at his skills, he's looking to be a tank version of Legendary Lucina. His artist is the one who did Legendary Leif. That aside, I do love how his outfit is similar to his Cipher art's Exalt version.

Out of the Hero colors, Blue is easily the most favourable, with Chrom, Azura and Julia. Colorless is also nice too, with Alm, Duma and Fallen Corrin. But I'll definitely be pulling for Blue as I don't have any of them, so getting any one of them would be nice.

Opossum Opossum Your boy got his Legendary chance finally.

And regarding the next Resplendent Hero, for those who don't know, it's Ike in Muspell gear. Regular Ike to be precise.

Last edited:

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004

I was wondering when he was going to get one. Although looking at his skills, he's looking to be a tank version of Legendary Lucina. His artist is the one who did Legendary Leif. That aside, I do love how his outfit is similar to his Cipher art's Exalt version.

Out of the Hero colors, Blue is easily the most favourable, with Chrom, Azura and Julia. Colorless is also nice too, with Alm, Duma and Fallen Corrin. But I'll definitely be pulling for Blue as I don't have any of them, so getting any one of them would be nice.

And regarding the next Resplendent Hero, for those who don't know, it's Ike in Muspell gear. Regular Ike to be precise.
I've waited so long for my favorite FE lord to get a Legendary alt. This news really made my day, and it seems like he has a pretty nice default skillset too!

Definitely going to try my best to pull him with all I got.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Did a handful of pulls and got two S!Laegjarn.

I have what I need to +10 her now but I unfortunately still didn't get a +Atk one. I'll hang on to one of my spares for now and hopefully get a +Atk one by the end of the banner, then merge my current one into that one. That way I'll have spare SS3 fodder too.

Really hate how this game has been out for so long and we still don't have a way to reroll IVs that doesn't involve summoning extra copies.

I'm not gonna fret too hard if I don't get one but it's a testament to how this game has been so anti-consumer when I can spend approximately 950-1,000 Orbs and still not get an IV I want.

After this I likely won't play this game much anymore, at least not to any serious extent. Sure they could bring in characters I want like Rinkah or do another Laegjarn alt or do a Clair alt or something but the game has been stagnant in terms of content for far too long with Hall of Forms being the only bright spot at this point and that doesn't even involve the characters I work hard to build. And while I could come up with another premium merge project like Kinshi Hinoka, it took me a full year to get original Laegjarn fully merged and while it didn't take as long with S!Laegjarn, saving for her wasn't fun either especially when she launched while I was still working on normal Laegjarn. And recent practices like the Feh Pass have really just made this game feel even worse, especially next to DFFOO which I actually have a lot of fun with and is much more consumer friendly.

I'm happy I got to build the Laegjarns up at least. Probably the last I see of this character in official media but I got as much mileage with her as I could at least within this one game.

Last edited:

Pokelego999

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-0935-8215-2605
A blue Lewyn with access to flier mobility and buffs was never going to be anything to scoff at. She also comes with Flier Formation too giving her even more mobility out of the gate on Flier teams.

I regularly destroy green units with her despite the colour disadvantage, and mine isn't even +Atk.

I'd recommend putting the Heavy Blade Sacred Seal on her especially if you got a +Atk copy. Pair that with a special like Moonbow and Luna and she'll be proc'ing a big special every other hit.
My Laegjarn is neutral ivs surprisingly

Fallen Corrin! My most wanted unit. I swear terrible summoning luck on banners with increased chances, if you screw this up.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Had 9 orbs and said why not and tried for Chrom:
6C14E0E3-67E6-4C42-9D2F-FF5006E051ED.png

Worked out pretty nicely!

Top Bottom