• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Work In Progress Fire Emblem Heroes: Finally found Forrest, MIA since 2017

Best hair colour for Forrest?

• Total voters

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Marth and Roy have been giving her lessons ever since they learned it from the rest of the Smash Brothers.

Gonna be honest, it felt for a while like they were getting ready to kill Heroes, but the fact that they just now went to the effort of localizing the Twitter has made me think again.
It's already dead but as Book III's plot has shown, death isn't enough to stop them milking it for all it's worth. :V

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
for those that have Male Byleth in FEH, does he still have his old voice or am I cracking up
They changed his VA since his old VA, Chris Niosi, had too much controversy surrounding him (he also broke NDA and said he was the voice of Male Byleth before he was supposed to).

His new VA is Zach Aguilar.

Last edited:

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
Has anyone else noticed that the Sketchy Summer and Nohrian Summer banner reruns still haven't shown up in Heroes at all despite it being two weeks into this year's second summer banner?

I'm starting to think IS may have forgotten about them, because I highly doubt they'll bring those banners in August when we have another seasonal banner on the way then and the rerun banners associated with it (probably another dancer-focused banner with Hoshidan Summer and Performing Arts rerun banners to go along with it).

Here I was saving 400+ orbs to pull more Summer Takumis, but at this rate, it looks like I'll have to try using my orbs for something else. This is such a bummer...

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Has anyone else noticed that the Sketchy Summer and Nohrian Summer banner reruns still haven't shown up in Heroes at all despite it being two weeks into this year's second summer banner?

I'm starting to think IS may have forgotten about them, because I highly doubt they'll bring those banners in August when we have another seasonal banner on the way then and the rerun banners associated with it (probably another dancer-focused banner with Hoshidan Summer and Performing Arts rerun banners to go along with it).

Here I was saving 400+ orbs to pull more Summer Takumis, but at this rate, it looks like I'll have to try using my orbs for something else. This is such a bummer...
They just announced a Summer themed Voting Gauntlet so they could bring them back for the Voting Gauntlet banners. Any other characters that could actually be in the Voting Gauntlet still have their actual banners active. It's either that or they will make it the regular versions of the characters but I doubt that as some of those already had recent banners too like the Tempest Trials banners.

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
Sothis confirmed to be our next Mythical Hero.

I knew this was gonna happen but I was expecting her to be colorless.

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
Sothis confirmed to be our next Mythical Hero.

I knew this was gonna happen but I was expecting her to be colorless.
Not too interested in pulling from this banner other than Sothis, but I have to say, that's a really good banner Mythic banner right there! Lots of good units to pull!

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
>Dragon units don't even have to transform to be a dragon unit anymore

Can't wait for Dragon Lyn and Dragon Camilla.

Ivander

Smash Legend
>Dragon units don't even have to transform to be a dragon unit anymore

Can't wait for Dragon Lyn and Dragon Camilla.
If anything, this just paves the way for the upcoming "Giant Mecha Dragons" Banner where the characters dress up as Super Sentai and call upon Giant Mecha Dragons to ride in for their "Breath" attacks.

Just tell me you wouldn't pay for that!

Edit: By the way, Papa Duma is Official now.

Edit: Oh, and Jagen, Cain, Abel, Draug and Gordin are part of "Meet the Heroes".
https://guide.fire-emblem-heroes.com/en-US/category/character/

Just go to the "Mystery of the Emblem" category and they are there. In turn, that opens up other previous Heroes to appear later.
Opossum Opossum

Last edited:

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
Went about 200 orbs into the new banner. While trying to get Sothis I got Caineghis on my free summon and Legendary Alm during an 11.5% pity break. After a few reds I finally managed to get Sothis.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Intern-kun accidentally leaked the next Legendary banner in the notifications.

zbrdcyfaoxd31.png

Last edited:

Ivander

Smash Legend
Intern-kun accidentally leaked the next Legendary banner in the notifications.

So:
-First off, congrats to Julia for being the first Jugdral/Genealogy character to get an Alt.
-2nd, why is she not a Water Hero? Considering we almost have all Pair-up types with Roy being Fire, Alm being Earth and Eliwood being Wind, why another Earth and not Water?
-3rd......oh boy, according to her skill set, she's treated as 180 BST on Seasons compared to Roy, Alm and Eliwood's 175 BST.....this better be part of an upcoming change from a new FEH Channel that affects all of them or hell is going to rise hard again.

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
In case today didn't have enough FEH surprises...

CYL3 units:

Alm: Infantry sword
Eliwood: Calvary lance
Micaiah: Flying green tome
Camilla: Flying staff

Last edited:

Ivander

Smash Legend
Well. let's see now:
-Daily Reward Maps, 21 Daily Summons, a GHB Revival Event and a Hero Fest with Tibarn, Nailah, Surtr and Fallen Tiki. Cool.
-Lost Lore looks like it has potential. And admittingly, I'm not against it being a Time-based thing, since I feel like I waste a bit too much time with other events and this looks like it will hardly take any time to do.
-That said, I wonder what those two unknown rewards are. I'm assuming one is the Lore. The other one, which looks like two people side-by-side, could be to unlock the other parts of Lost Lore, but don't know for sure.
-Alm with Dong Armor. Hidari's art still looks nice. That said, does he really need skills that literally affect stats by percentages on regular attacks compared to activating only on Specials. Also, looks like Threaten Skills are getting a boost. He looks to have Threaten ATK/SPD 4 and it appears to have an effect similar to Surtr's Menace, where he takes away ATK and SPD from foes and adds it to his own.
-And the Jojo jokes come in with Micaiah with Yune Stand. That said, she looks great and she completes the Tome Triangle. Bond 4 skills. Rather interesting that they stop Penalties. Now where's DEF/RES Bond 4?
-Eliwood looks frickin' gorgeous with his Epilogue look. But ******* the racist jokes that people keep bringing back up. They're not funny and they certainly aren't getting any better. Anyway, Ninis' Ice Lance is apparently a reference to Ninis' Ring that Ninian had.
-Camilla actually looks very good. And she is Queen Camilla like alot of people wanted, despite the fact that in Birthright, she didn't want the throne and gave it to Leo. Her armor is a combination between her own, F!Corrin's Nohr Noble design and Garon's. But very honestly, she actually looks fantastic design-wise.
That said, of course she's a Offensive Staff unit that has a dangerous Staff weapon. Not only does she get +10 ATK and SPD on initiation thanks to her weapon and ATK/SPD Push, she has a Gravity effect. That is frickin' powerful. And because Gravity is such a powerful effect, I see no doubt that she'll possibly be a F2P Guide unit like how Brave Lyn and Veronica were.
Also, ATK/SPD Push 4. Basically, because they realized that Push skills were inferior to Solo skills and Swift Sparrow 3, they made the 4th version very powerful. Cause not only does it have +3 more ATK and SPD than Fury 4 and deals less damage to the user, it also sets up Desperation and Brazen Skills and it activates on both phases rather than Initiation. And it lasts until the user reaches under 25% HP.

-And last but not least, Feh's Oliver voice was frickin' hilarious.

Edit: But on a side note.....the update didn't say anything about upgrading Legendary Roy, Alm and Eliwood's BST boost during Seasons. Oh boy....

Last edited:

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
All of the CYL alts for this year look awesome! Not sure if there is any I would like to personally use though, as I am more interested in their skills. If I had to go for one based on who I'd keep as a unit, probably Eliwood.

Didn't think we'd get a Feh Channel today either. Looks like Feh Channels dropping out of nowhere will be a thing from now on, huh.

As for the Legendary Hero leak:

Great to see a Judgral character finally getting the Legendary treatment! Surprised to see neither Sigurd or Seliph being the first from their games for this sort of thing, but considering Julia's importance, it makes sense she'd get an alt.

I might pull for her if her skills are good, though Kaden is also on my radar because I need some more Kaden merges.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
-Reward maps and random summoning events are...fine. Would mean much more if your first summon guaranteed a focus unit.

-Lost Lore is fine, I'm thankful it's at least not another grindy mode you have to actively play and is more of an AFK thing. Nothing exciting but it will be useful enough.

-CYL units are cool but that's always a given. I'll likely pick Alm.

Overall, pretty mediocre FEH Channel, especially disappointed in not even any attempts at mechanical changes (*coughmergeresourcecough*). Guess that's why they just dropped it out of nowhere.

Troykv

Smash Master
I wonder what kind of stuff we don't know about Lost Lore yet; I doubt is anything amazing, but I'm curious.

I'm waiting for Micaiah now <3

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Me: "Summoning system is bad and pales in comparison to other gachas, everything revolves around Orbs, still can't use most pitybreakers for anything useful, most new game modes are copypasted versions of older ones and just make the daily grind more exhausting"

IS:

1564934916311.png

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
More Three Houses kids:

Easy skip for me since I don't have Three Houses and there aren't any skills I need from it.

Not that I would have a choice, still no Edelgard and the banner is almost gone. Well over 300 Orbs spent on that banner at this point. :\

EDIT: According to the notifications, Death Knight is your GHB unit.

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
More Three Houses kids:

Easy skip for me since I don't have Three Houses and there aren't any skills I need from it.

Not that I would have a choice, still no Edelgard and the banner is almost gone. Well over 300 Orbs spent on that banner at this point. :\

EDIT: According to the notifications, Death Knight is your GHB unit.
Petra looks kind of crazy kit wise. Still don’t have much reason to pull though.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Nobody is talking about the Voting Gauntlet here but I just wanna point out that Wolt took down Lyn.

What a good boy, avenging his mommy GF Laegjarn like that (seriously we got ROBBED again that first round).

Ivander

Smash Legend
Nobody is talking about the Voting Gauntlet here but I just wanna point out that Wolt took down Lyn.

What a good boy, avenging his mommy GF Laegjarn like that (seriously we got ROBBED again that first round).
The Laegjern vs Lyn match was actually pretty close. Like, incredibly close compared to Laevateinn, Helbendi and Gunnthra with their competitors. It felt like another Chrom/Ephraim match in which the battle was pretty close and no multipliers were involved. Rather refreshing.

That said, Multipliers are definitely not a Lyn's best friend. It's the Lyn vs Camilla situation over again. Winning so hard that you lose.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
The Laegjern vs Lyn match was actually pretty close. Like, incredibly close compared to Laevateinn, Helbendi and Gunnthra with their competitors. It felt like another Chrom/Ephraim match in which the battle was pretty close and no multipliers were involved. Rather refreshing.

That said, Multipliers are definitely not a Lyn's best friend. It's the Lyn vs Camilla situation over again. Winning so hard that you lose.
It's only close if you look at the final score. What actually happened was Laegjarn held a strong lead for a long time, Lyn got multiple consecutive multipliers, and then locked it into Same in the final two hours but with a lead. So Lyn got the last few multipliers and made it impossible for Laegjarn's team to recuperate since she had no multiplier and Laegjarn likely had the much smaller player base to work with. Basically just a slow "waiting for the inevitable" final two hours for Team Laegjarn.

This is also exactly how she lost in Round 1 in the Nifl VS Múspell Voting Gauntlet to Hríd so just more salt in the wound. Being a Laegjarn fan is just a cursed existence at this point, and not just for the Voting Gauntlet.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Weapon refines have been revealed. Green text is the special refines.

Selena - Selena's Blade: Effective against armoured foes. At start of combat, if foe's Atk ≥ unit's Atk +3, grants Atk/Spd/Def/Res +3 during combat. Deals +10 damage when special triggers.

Beruka - Beruka's Axe: Accelerates Special trigger (cooldown count -1). At start of combat, if unit's HP ≥ 50%, inflicts Atk -4 on foe during combat and Special cooldown charge -1 on foe per attack. (Only highest value applied. Does not stack.)

Mae - Book of Orchids: If unit initiates combat, grants Atk +6 during combat. If a movement Assist skill (like Reposition, Shove, Pivot, etc) is used by unit or targets unit, grants Atk/Spd +6 to unit and target ally or unit and targeting ally for 1 turn.

Boey - Inscribed Tome: Grants weapon-triangle advantage against colourless foes, and inflicts weapon-triangle disadvantage on colourless foes during combat. If foe initiates combat and uses sword, lance, axe, or beast damage, unit can counterattack regardless of foe's range.

Boey definitely got the best deal here, that's an awesome refine. Beruka's is pretty helpful for her job too. Mae and Selena's are kinda meh.

I think I finally found a green 4-Star I want to +10. If I can stick with the game that long at least.

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Weapon refines have been revealed. Green text is the special refines.

Selena - Selena's Blade: Effective against armoured foes. At start of combat, if foe's Atk ≥ unit's Atk +3, grants Atk/Spd/Def/Res +3 during combat. Deals +10 damage when special triggers.

Beruka - Beruka's Axe: Accelerates Special trigger (cooldown count -1). At start of combat, if unit's HP ≥ 50%, inflicts Atk -4 on foe during combat and Special cooldown charge -1 on foe per attack. (Only highest value applied. Does not stack.)

Mae - Book of Orchids: If unit initiates combat, grants Atk +6 during combat. If a movement Assist skill (like Reposition, Shove, Pivot, etc) is used by unit or targets unit, grants Atk/Spd +6 to unit and target ally or unit and targeting ally for 1 turn.

Boey - Inscribed Tome: Grants weapon-triangle advantage against colourless foes, and inflicts weapon-triangle disadvantage on colourless foes during combat. If foe initiates combat and uses sword, lance, axe, or beast damage, unit can counterattack regardless of foe's range.

Boey definitely got the best deal here, that's an awesome refine. Beruka's is pretty helpful for her job too. Mae and Selena's are kinda meh.
Well boey’s Is good and bad.

So many builds, mine included gave him close counter but now he has it as a refine. So that kind of screws over those who really supported boey, as that’s wasted cc.

Mines at plus 9, so anyone got build suggestions for that A slot?

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Well boey’s Is good and bad.

So many builds, mine included gave him close counter but now he has it as a refine. So that kind of screws over those who really supported boey, as that’s wasted cc.

Mines at plus 9, so anyone got build suggestions for that A slot?
I mean, that's unfortunate, but objectively it's just a really good refine and he can be a really strong unit now. Can also score well in Arena with G Duel Infantry.

As for the A-Slot, Fortress Def/Res 3 is probably his best option for a mixed phase super tank that still hits hard enough. Steady/Warding Breath, Stance Skills, and Distant/Close Def are also good options. Budget option would probably just be Fury or a Brazen skill.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I mean, that's unfortunate, but objectively it's just a really good refine and he can be a really strong unit now. Can also score well in Arena with G Duel Infantry.

As for the A-Slot, Fortress Def/Res 3 is probably his best option for a mixed phase super tank that still hits hard enough. Steady/Warding Breath, Stance Skills, and Distant/Close Def are also good options. Budget option would probably just be Fury or a Brazen skill.
Thanks. I don’t have much fodder atm but I did do this with my boey:

Ivander

Smash Legend
-Boey got a really good one surprisingly. Raven Tome and Close Counter. Makes great use of his DEF stat.

-Selena is Female Kliff. Not only does she get Armorslayer alongside a Sagittae effect, but she gets a Wo Dao effect too. In regards to how much her SAgittae effect will activate, Selena even with an ATK+ IV only reaches 45 ATK(49 ATK at +10) with her new weapon. So she will trigger her weapon alot, since at 49 ATK, she only needs the foe to have 52 ATK which tons of Heroes have.

-Beruka gets a Slaying Hack'O Lantern weapon that also decreases her opponent's ATK by 4, albeit with an HP requirement. But it's still a fantastic weapon for her.

-Mae actually got it good. A reminder that Mae has 36 ATK which is the 3nd highest ATK among Mages, behind Summer Laevateinn with 38 ATK and Sanaki, Ophelia and Lilina with 37 ATK. Mae gets a Tome that gives a Death Blow effect much like Lilina's Refine, except Mae's Death Blow effect is the main effect and not the refine. Which means that if you don't want to give her the Support effect, you can give her a +SPD Refine instead.
-Mae has 31 SPD(34 with a SPD IV), so she will get +2 SPD from a refine to give her 33/36.
-At +10, she can reach 37/40 SPD
-Give her Swift Sparrow 3 and she will reach 44/47 SPD.
-Give her the Darting Blow Seal and she can reach 50/53 SPD.

This is the difference between Lilina's and Mae's tomes. Lilina is meant to be a one-hit wonder(practically 84 ATK with +6 buffs, Death Blow 4, ATK+3 Seal and the foe being RES chilled) while Mae is meant to take advantage of her good SPD to hit her foes with a double whammy(68 ATK/59 SPD with +6 buffs, Swift Sparrow 3 and Darting Blow 3 Seal. Practically 75 ATK if the foe was hit by Chill RES by an ally). Mae may not have access to Chill RES, but she does have innate access to Desperation 3. And she is a Blue Tome to boot as well.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Welp, well over 300 Orbs spent for Edelgard. Not a single one acquired. Not even a focus unit to speak of, and most pitybreakers were garbage for me. And I can't merge up Summer Laegjarn or get an Atk boon now either. Once again, **** this summoning system. Also definitely not picking Black Eagles when I eventually get Three Houses. Honestly this wouldn't be AS crushing if we had some other means of merging up units, especially seasonals, but now I just get nothing of what I was shooting for.

I originally wasn't going to share this until I pulled Edelgard and inherited Rouse Atk/Def. But I finally got NY! Laegjarn to +10. Bittersweet though since she will feel incomplete until I can get that skill on her.

My plan was to put Atk Smoke in the Sacred Seal slot after getting Rouse Atk/Def, which would make her virtually invincible against physical units, especially on enemy phase, giving her an especially strong Turn 1 performance too. She still does it well right now but I'd like her to be even more self-sufficient, just have her run around maps on her own and wrecking everything.

The only good fodder I got from all of this was a Lewyn, which I ended up using to build my Kronya.

Altais

Smash Champion
Starbase, where no turtle has gone before.
Just wasted a chunk of money on orbs, and in almost ALL the summonings, I didn't even get the damn COLOUR I wanted, much less the desired unit. I feel physically debilitated. Personally, I only buy orbs as a last-day resort. That said, though, as of now I have yet to get a 5-star unit with purchased orbs. I've only gotten them with free orbs or orbs gained from quests. That said, I'm not buying orbs anymore. That's a lot of money--and for what? No guarantee. Might as well get a one-armed bandit and be done with it.

Ranting aside, I've been thoroughly enjoying Fire Emblem Heroes ever since I downloaded it. Bought a smart phone just for this game. There have been great improvements to the game over the past year. It's much easier to get feathers now, and the Aether Raids was an excellent change. I really like the removal of randomisation in this game. There are no critical hits--instead, units have special skills. Unit customisation is extremely flexible, due to Inherit Skills.

Mine personal favourite mode is definitely the Advanced Arena. In that mode, you can challenge players that are much better than you--thus naturally improving your tactical prowess. Among the original cast, Laegjarn and Loki are mine favourites, personality-wise. Alfonse has also started to grow on me; I can actually see how he would work in Smash.

Overall, this is a very fun and intellectual game to play on the go.

Ivander

Smash Legend
So the new TT Seals are ATK Tactics, Earth Boost and Sturdy Blow. Yes, Sturdy Blow, the one that gives ATK and DEF on initiation. I think it shows that they don't want to release a Deathblow Seal and are just releasing the stuff that gives only +4 ATK and not SPD(unless they goof up and allow Sturdy Blow to upgrade into Sturdy Impact which......oh boy).

That said, ATK Tactics is nice and will be great for Titania who can now have SPD Tactics and ATK Tactics to go with her RES Tactics refine. Earth Boost mainly gets the last of the Element Boost skills out of the way. But yep, Sturdy Blow is a Seal. So that's the closest to a Death Blow seal that can be gotten.

Last edited:

slamallama

Smash Journeyman
A non-seasonal Tempest Trials with a canon reward unit (and one who had been in seasonal hell, no less)

Finally, another Tactic seal!

A dual-stat Blow seal? Maybe there's hope for some dual-stat Stance seals too!

The Braves are reward units, so everyone is guaranteed to have at least two of them.

20190815_100447.png

This is gonna be the best Tempest in a very, very long time.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
The Sturdy Blow seal could go well on my NY!Laegjarn until I get Rouse Atk/Def on her (at which point she will have Atk Smoke in the seal slot). Otherwise, not too interested in CYL stuff this year. The units are the most underwhelming batch yet as far as skills and stats go so I don't feel a reason to pull. I think people who intended to blow over a thousand Orbs on this banner might end up spending less unless they had plans to +10 one of them out of favouritism.

I'm just gonna pick Alm for the free unit just because he's my favourite lord so far though I likely won't even use him much since Laevatein is still better for Infantry Sword stuff.

Ivander

Smash Legend
At the least, I do want to get Brave Micaiah since she completes the Armor/Cavalry Effectiveness Trio with the other 2 Micaiahs. And I cannot stress enough how useful Micaiah and especially Dancer Micaiah have been for me due to their high ATK and Cavalry/Armor Effectiveness.

slamallama

Smash Journeyman
This might be a hot take, but I'm way more pleased with Brave Alm than his Legendary counterpart. I mean, his legendary version is powerful and definitely unique, but it just doesn't feel like Alm, you know? Low Def and wicked-high Spd has never been his forté. His Brave alt, ironically, has way more faithful stats, skills, and design. Especially the pseduo-Solo boost on his weapon, since he's got a habit of rushing into enemies without thinking.

Last edited:
Top Bottom