• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Work In Progress Fire Emblem Heroes: Finally found Forrest, MIA since 2017

Best hair colour for Forrest?

• Total voters

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
I pulled Surtr on my fourth orb

Tana had a good snack!!!! :^)

Ivander

Smash Legend
Maintenance happening on the 28th, just before December. It may be happening folks.

Ivander

Smash Legend
Wait what's happening?
Maintenance is scheduled for the 28th and they are planning a big update for December. So very likely, they are preparing for Book III.

In the meantime:
https://www.reddit.com/r/FireEmblem..._are_the_unused_skill_effect_tags_introduced/
There are some unused skill effects that were found in 2.11.0. This was how some people found Nullify Follow-up before it was released. Now the effects include:
(lit. "combat boost - guaranteed follow-up - sacrificial damage"): Grants stats+??? during combat, and unit makes a guaranteed follow-up attack. After combat, deals ??? damage to ally nearest to unit. This tag can deal damage to multiple allies if they have the same distance (evaluated directly, without path searching) to the unit.
A Stat-boost skill that also adds a guaranteed follow-up, but it deals damage to the nearest ally and can damage multiple allies if both are the same distance to the user(so if multiple allies were adjacent to the user, they all get damaged). So it's a Fury-like effect that damages allies rather than the character.
(lit. "combat boost - nullify guaranteed follow-up - sacrificial debuff"): Grants stats+??? during combat, and disables foe's skills that guarantee foe's follow-up attack. After combat, inflicts stats-??? on ally nearest to unit. As above, can debuff multiple allies at the same time. This is the first time a unit can debuff its allies with a skill; the debuff works like enemy debuffs and can be reversed with Harsh Command.
A skill that gives stat boosts and disables skills on the foe that guarantee follow-ups, much like Null Follow-up, but but rather than dealing damage, it places Debuffs on the closest ally and multiple allies if they share the same distance to the unit.
(lit. "triangle"): If the number of allies within ??? spaces ≥ ???, grants stats+??? during combat, and unit attacks twice.
By the words Triangle, I assume that this might be for a triangle attack weapon for the Whitewing Sisters. Basically, if number of allies within the spaces are greater than whatever, it not only gives stats during combat, but the unit attacks twice like a Brave Sword effect.
(lit. "combat boost - no follow-up when attacking - self damage"): Grants stats+??? during combat, and if unit initiates combat, foe cannot make a follow-up attack. After combat, deals ??? damage to unit.
So a Fury effect that nullifies Foe follow-ups if the unit initiates combat first. However, the follow-up preventer only works if the unit initiates combat while the stats and damage activate regardless of who started combat first.
(lit. "restore most damaged"): Restores ??? HP to ally with the most damage. Never heals the unit with the skill itself; multiple units can be healed if they have received the same (absolute) amount of damage. For example, if Xander has 15/20 HP and Camus 35/40:
  • If someone else at full HP has this tag, Xander and Camus will both be healed;
  • If two allies at full HP have this tag, Xander and Camus will both be healed twice;
  • If only Xander has this tag and there are no other allies, only Camus will be healed;
  • If only Xander and Camus both have this tag and there are no other allies, they will be healed by each other.
Basically, some sort of skill that restores HP to an ally with the most damage.
(lit. "status effect around unit"): Grants status ??? to allies within ??? spaces of unit. Applies to players only and cannot be used to inflict status effects on foes, which most certainly means Armor March but without applying the status to the unit with the skill, since it is the only "positive" status effect (Triangle Adept is considered negative and can be removed by Restore+).
Some sort of status effect skill.
(lit. "strengthen highest value"): Grants stats+??? to ally with the highest ??? stat for 1 turn. Like Chill passives, multiple skills of the same kind do not stack, but a single skill can buff multiple allies. Never buffs the unit with the skill itself.
Basically, it's a skill that's the opposite of a Chill B-skill, that instead boosts allies even more. Thankfully, it never buffs the user if they have the highest stat, but this can basically stop a Chill skill from effecting your highest stat unit or make them even more deadlier.
(lit. "weaken closest"): Inflicts stats-??? on foe nearest to unit. Again, may debuff multiple foes at the same time.
By the looks of it, it's some sort of upgrade to the Threaten Skills, affecting foes that are the closest to the user.
(lit. "enlarge boosts"): Unknown, but it appears to trigger after combat since it is listed among tags paired with
And this unknown one.

Either way, some of these skills are definitely going to be dangerous. I mean, that Fury one that damages Allies rather than the user practically helps set-up allies for Desperation shenanigans. And the Debuff ones that affect allies can be used alongside Harsh Command.

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326
Oh okay, so update for the HUGE update for december.

And wow, a lot of those skills seem interesting, IS is really trying to create new ****. Along with powercreeping old stuff like steady stance 3, and deathblow 4 xD

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
I did the impossible and beat Gharnef

So... who wants Chill Attack?
I've been thinking on AF!Corrin, but her speed boon tells me to put Desperation on B instead

Maintenance is scheduled for the 28th and they are planning a big update for December. So very likely, they are preparing for Book III.

In the meantime:
https://www.reddit.com/r/FireEmblem..._are_the_unused_skill_effect_tags_introduced/
There are some unused skill effects that were found in 2.11.0. This was how some people found Nullify Follow-up before it was released. Now the effects include:

A Stat-boost skill that also adds a guaranteed follow-up, but it deals damage to the nearest ally and can damage multiple allies if both are the same distance to the user(so if multiple allies were adjacent to the user, they all get damaged). So it's a Fury-like effect that damages allies rather than the character.

A skill that gives stat boosts and disables skills on the foe that guarantee follow-ups, much like Null Follow-up, but but rather than dealing damage, it places Debuffs on the closest ally and multiple allies if they share the same distance to the unit.

By the words Triangle, I assume that this might be for a triangle attack weapon for the Whitewing Sisters. Basically, if number of allies within the spaces are greater than whatever, it not only gives stats during combat, but the unit attacks twice like a Brave Sword effect.

So a Fury effect that nullifies Foe follow-ups if the unit initiates combat first. However, the follow-up preventer only works if the unit initiates combat while the stats and damage activate regardless of who started combat first.

Basically, some sort of skill that restores HP to an ally with the most damage.

Some sort of status effect skill.

Basically, it's a skill that's the opposite of a Chill B-skill, that instead boosts allies even more. Thankfully, it never buffs the user if they have the highest stat, but this can basically stop a Chill skill from effecting your highest stat unit or make them even more deadlier.

By the looks of it, it's some sort of upgrade to the Threaten Skills, affecting foes that are the closest to the user.

And this unknown one.

Either way, some of these skills are definitely going to be dangerous. I mean, that Fury one that damages Allies rather than the user practically helps set-up allies for Desperation shenanigans. And the Debuff ones that affect allies can be used alongside Harsh Command.
Gunter suddenly becomes best fodder

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
>Gharnef activates Ignis
>Still only does 4 damage

:shades:

The timing on this post is impeccable because I haven't been visiting much and I literally only logged on briefly to ask about Smash leak stuff. I also have been taking a break from FE Heroes. Was supposed to try pulling for Kinshi Hinoka on that TT banner but then this boi came out.

b3n6nqig2sy11.jpg

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
It took a lot of tries, but I managed to beat Gharnef's GHB on Infernal. Definitely a really tough GHB that took quite a number of tries! Even with my Summer Takumi solo, it was not an easy feat.

I tested a screen recorder for once and decided to record my Summer Takumi solo on Gharnef's Infernal GHB. You can view it here. I added the music via iMovie; I just wanted to make the battle feel more exciting with some non FE tracks!

Last edited:

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
Sorry for the double post, but I just want to drop the word in that best Heroes boy Hrid is finally coming to the game as our next Legendary Hero!

He's also our first non-Hector character to have Distant Counter, and he is a red cavalier!

He comes in with a pretty beastly default skill-set too, with his weapon granting him automatic follow-up and negating the foe's chances of doing so if said foe has a negative skill like a Ploy or Threaten, his B-skill inflicting a -6 Atk/Spd debuff on the foe with the lowest Res, and Attack Smoke 3.

The other featured units in this banner are Legendary Ryoma, Laevatain, Legendary Lucina, Brave Hector, Summer Cordelia, Gunthra, female Kana, Summer Innes, Legendary Robin, Nina, and Summer Noire!

I'm really happy that Hrid is finally coming to Fire Emblem Heroes! He is my favorite Heroes OC alongside Laegjarn, and I've been wanting him to be playable for quite some time. There were numerous Legendary Hero banners that seemed like Hrid would get his playable chance, but then it turned out he didn't show up in them. I practically lost all remaining hope in his chances when Legendary Eirika showed up last month. Now, here we are! I'm glad that recent datamine highlighting Hrid's voiced lines weren't for nothing.

With his beastly default skill set, he will be quite a nice addition to my Horse Emblem team! I'm hoping I'll pull a good natured Hrid, but if I don't, he'll at least make good DC fodder. Red is looking to be the color I'll be sniping for not just for Hrid, but also for the possibility of more Legendary Ryoma merges and Laevatain for her C-skill. Blue is next in line in my priority list mainly for Brave Hector, who I'm hoping to pull a better-natured one or as Bold Fighter fodder.

I've got 65 orbs at the moment. I'll have to work on accumulating some last minute orbs these net few days just to ensure my chances of pulling Hrid will go up!

Last edited:

potato69

Smash Apprentice
So for the past few months I was annoyed because I wasn't getting any arena defense wins for some reason. No matter what I did to my defense team, I couldn't even get a single win, even though i used to get quite a few each week. Just a while ago, I looked at my teams and realized that my "defense team" wasn't even set as my actual team and all these months I've been unknowingly defending with some other team that was clearly too terrible to do anything (probably one I use to train units) and now I'm just like
number15.png

Anyway, I impulsively made a +10 Rebecca and I don't know what to do with her. Does anyone know how I can salvage this bad decision?

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Who are some good candidates for Attack/Res Solo? This is the second off banner Flora I pulled this week lol.

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130
*Looks at all the posts talking about builds and skills*
I'm gonna pretend like I'm understanding what you're saying.

But quick question: What's considering a good Arena tier? I'm at Tier 17, but I don't know how many tiers there are above me.

Ivander

Smash Legend
Return of Yamcha'qu
*insert butterfly/pigeon meme here*
Is this hinting Forrest?
Anyway, I impulsively made a +10 Rebecca and I don't know what to do with her. Does anyone know how I can salvage this bad decision?
She can make a good Guard Bow or Firesweep user. That said, you may still want to keep her in case she gets a Refine in the future, much like Bartre, Shanna, Florina, Lon'qu, Raven, etc.

Last edited:

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Who are some good candidates for Attack/Res Solo? This is the second off banner Flora I pulled this week lol.
Est and Jagen for sure, as they can directly face a dragon.

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
*Looks at all the posts talking about builds and skills*
I'm gonna pretend like I'm understanding what you're saying.

But quick question: What's considering a good Arena tier? I'm at Tier 17, but I don't know how many tiers there are above me.
There's 21 tiers in total, though Tier 20 and 21 are notoriously difficult to get into, so a good range to aim for is the 18-19 range.

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
I'd put it on Felicia, myself. Jagen or Est could work too, since you like your Archanea units. :p Basically anyone with good Res who isn't going to be spending much time attached to other units. I'd mainly look at infantry and fliers, and cavalry to a lesser extent, but ignore armours.

Tiers go up to 21, but getting any further than 18-19 takes a lot of investment. 17 is probably about average-to-high for a casual player who isn't putting much effort into optimising their units.

*insert butterfly/pigeon meme here*
Is this hinting Forrest?
Don't do this to meeeeeee

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Tier 18 is where you realize that you need highly merged units to really progress.

My F!Corrin is +7 but the rest is unmerged because I cannot decide who to merge, with Hana, Marth and A!Tiki being the candidates.

D

Deleted member

Tier 18 is where you realize that you need highly merged units to really progress.

My F!Corrin is +7 but the rest is unmerged because I cannot decide who to merge, with Hana, Marth and A!Tiki being the candidates.
I managed to maintain myself on 18-19 with my onoy fully merged unit being Nino. Used to sometimes squeeze onto 20 if I had a good bonus unit but now I really don't care lol

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
Trying to get past tier 19 as a f2p player just isn't worth it these days, unless you manage to land a +10 armour unit, or intentionally work towards that as your goal.

I used to be able to get into tier 20 reliably enough, but then they started throwing all these armour units into the game and it just became impossible for me, so I stopped caring about the arena ages ago.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Est and Jagen for sure, as they can directly face a dragon.
I'd put it on Felicia, myself. Jagen or Est could work too, since you like your Archanea units. :p Basically anyone with good Res who isn't going to be spending much time attached to other units. I'd mainly look at infantry and fliers, and cavalry to a lesser extent, but ignore armours.

Tiers go up to 21, but getting any further than 18-19 takes a lot of investment. 17 is probably about average-to-high for a casual player who isn't putting much effort into optimising their units.

Don't do this to meeeeeee
It's fitting because Jagen was my next promotion goal anyway. :p

Time for Best Old Man to shine. Sorry Wrys.

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
Nowadays I can alternate back and forth between Tier 20 and Tier 21. My team consists of a +10 M!Robin, +8 M!Grima, +6 Fae, and an Askr trio member.

High merges and feeding your bonus unit kills are basically mandatory for higher tiers.

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130
Man. I see everyone talking about their +5 or higher team members...

And the only (5-star) fully leveled merged unit I have is a +1 Deirdre.

Oof.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
I think I might go for the Dragon Emblem route for Arena.

But I don't wanna build a Fae :'V

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
I think I might go for the Dragon Emblem route for Arena.

But I don't wanna build a Fae :'V
But Fae's fun.

And more importantly, she's fluffy.

Do it for the fluffy dragon.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Gamepress: "Est is **** and has bad speed"
Me:
FEH Unit Builder - Est (3).png
Looking foward to build something like this, I only have like 4 Ests but at least I have the other resources.

But Fae's fun.

And more importantly, she's fluffy.

Do it for the fluffy dragon.
I already killed too much chicken for Renewal to go back. :ultgnw:

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130
Hey guys! I got an interesting piece of info!

The English version of Lifelight was sung by Abby Trott.

She also goes by Alicia Stratten.

Who just so happens to be the voice actress for Laegjarn and Nanna in Fire Emblem Heroes!

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
I miss the days when people like Xander and Sigurd were considered the premier sword horse units.
hurry up and give us legendary Sigurd so the best sword horse can be a character I like again

Free pull gave me a flying Ryoma that I'm probably never going to use. He doesn't even have any useful fodder. Kestrel Stance is a bit... eh, like all the other +spd Stances.

Luigifan18

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5577-0969-0868
Just out of curiosity, why is this called a “work in progress” thread? It feels more like a social thread to me...

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
Just out of curiosity, why is this called a “work in progress” thread? It feels more like a social thread to me...
Because the game is literally a permanent "work in progress", with its rolling updates. :p

Definitely not a social thread, though. Social threads are for basically any topic, but this is specifically for FE Heroes.

D

Deleted member

I bought the Starter Pack with BK without actually spending a single cent lol. Gotta love Google Rewards.
Just saving Orbs for now, Forrest isn't coming any time soon but maybe the seasonal Joshua dream can happen.

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
Dumped all my orbs in the hopes of pulling Hrid, but sadly, I didn't get him at all.

I did, however, get another Legendary Ryoma and Brave Hector, the other unit I was hoping to pull, in one summoning session during the summoning grind. I merged the new Legendary Ryoma with my old one for those merge benefits.

As for Brave Hector? The new Brave Hector turned out to be much better than the last one I pulled a couple of months ago. In fact, this new Brave Hector got one of his best natures! He is +Def -Spd!

So after pulling him, I worked on grinding him, and I finished his build!

I plan on using him as my new blue unit on my Armor Emblem team, hence why I gave him Armor March 3 (I foddered my horrid-nature'd Brave Ephraim I pulled a few months back to give Hector this skill). He can also switch into Swap or Even Res Wave for his other skills, the latter I will consider if I want to use him in a mixed team.

Pulling this perfect Brave Hector definitely made up for not pulling Hrid with all my orbs that I saved up, but I'm still hoping I'll pull Hrid before the Legendary Hero banner ends. I've seen his stats, and no doubt he'll make a fantastic addition to my Horse Emblem team (not to mention I could use him and Legendary Ephraim as bonus units for the next Aether Raids). I'll work on accumulating some more orbs these next few days and see how it goes.

------

On another note, I've finished some builds on some other units of mine just a few days before the LH banner came up:

Starting from left to right, I finally finished my new and improved Eirika. This new Eirika has a +Spd -HP nature, one of her best IV spreads as a matter of fact. I went with Fury to boost her stats even further, and I used my old Eirika to merge her with new one. I have 3 more Eirikas as merge fodder at the moment, and I definitely want to build a +10 Eirika sometime in the future.

I also finally finished my Athena. I pulled a 5-star Athena a long while ago, and she got a +Spd -Res nature, which is perfect for her. She uses the classic Fury+Desperation combo, and with the help of her refined weapon and a Atk +3 Seal, she turns into a pretty swift and strong sword unit!

In addition to those two, my Rauthblade build on my Summer Tana is finally finished! Pretty happy to have finally completed it! The Rauthblade build optimizes her sweeping potential, though I'll still use her Fruit of Iounn build from time to time.

Last edited:

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
I finally did it!

I beat Hrid in... Infernal

Not gonna bother this time with Abyssal because **** that Blue Manakete in particular.

I may try Ryoma for the helmet tho.

D

Deleted member

I finally did it!

I beat Hrid in... Infernal

Not gonna bother this time with Abyssal because **** that Blue Manakete in particular.

I may try Ryoma for the helmet tho.
I felt the same way, getting hounded by all those ranged units and that mother****ing Blue Armor that can ORKO Hector even without Panic Ploy what the ****.

Haven't even beat Gharnef on Infernal and I don't think I will.

Top Bottom