• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Work In Progress Fire Emblem Heroes: Finally found Forrest, MIA since 2017

Best hair colour for Forrest?

• Total voters

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
View attachment 163806

Eyyyyyyy.

You sir are a man of excellent taste, and also I'm jealous of your Myrrh.

The only dragons I have worth their salt are the four in my squad, unfortunately. Got enough Faes to +10 her, but I have a tendency to hoard units and make modest disappearances from gameplay, so I'm always strapped for feathers (same reason Tiki and Nowi aren't capped off). Probably be awhile before I sit down and wok on Corrin, too.
If you think my Myrrh is good than you should see Soulless'.

...Actually, I'll just save you the trouble.

IMG_1482.PNG

Even I haven't been able to match that level of dedication. :nervous:

Hey, I like dragons too! They're awesome.

...For target practice, that is. :p
You disgust me. :hulk::hulk::hulk:

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
D

Deleted member

Damn.

I had to struggle to get one off the current banner. Where'd he get 11? Does he have any spares?

Y'all can hate.

Just means I'm doing my job properly.
I'm not hating, I'm actually thankful you give my boy such easy kills.

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
Hey, I like dragons too! They're awesome.

...For target practice, that is. :p

Blue anti-dragon unit when?
Maltet would have been my bet for an anti-dragon Lance but that didn't happen.

So...Dragonpike? Alternatively they could make Rexbolt effective since all thunder magic was effective against dragons in FE10. (and I think 9 too?)

Gunla

It's my bit, you see.
Administrator
BRoomer
Writing Team

So...Dragonpike? Alternatively they could make Rexbolt effective since all thunder magic was effective against dragons in FE10. (and I think 9 too?)
If Titania is any indication whoever gets the dragonpike will just have a gem weapon or something really sad and lackluster

D

Deleted member

If any of you would like to add me in Fire Emblem Heroes, here is my ID: 9405347523.

Of interest, you'll get to witness this particularly strong unit firsthand:

My Summer Takumi is already proving to be one of my best units yet, even solo'ing a majority of the Infernal GHBs, LHBs, and BHBs he has come across so far!
They give Mario nipples but they do not give Takmui nipples.
That Myrrh is so good, what is her nature?

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
You think Joshua can't kill Nowi?
Oh, Shoe.

You know me better than this.

I don't have to merely think. We have the technology.

1536861815014.png

Code:
CHALLENGER LIST 
Nowi (5*+8 +res -hp) 
Weapon: Lightning Breath+ 
Special: Aether 
A: Steady Breath 
B: Swordbreaker 3 
S: Quick Riposte 3 
Upgrade Path: 3 

ENEMIES - CUSTOM LIST 
Joshua (5*+2) 
Weapon: Audhulma 
B: Quick Riposte 3 
S: Close Def 3 

The following buffs were applied to Joshua:
Atk +4
Spd +2
Def +2
Res +2
Pre-charge: 5
Now this isn't completely accurate, because I can't take your summoner support into account for his HP via ArcticSilverFox (I can simulate the other stats with buffs). Joshua would survive this particular encounter with 3 HP.

But if he somehow did this, ran off, charged another Aether, and swung in again with that, he'd still be 9 damage short of breaking my girl in a 1v1 and wouldn't survive to take another swing.

It gets a bit more fun if the rest of our crews get involved. The AT3 boost would be enough to give Joshua the extra damage he needs to drop the dragon, assuming he does it with two consecutive Aethers, and assuming neither of my Grimas are anywhere near her at the time, since Ward Dragons and M!Grima's Support boost would make her survive a second encounter, while Goad Dragons gives enough Atk to kill Joshua on the first.
avi_thirsty.png

If it's any consolation, I dig Joshua generally. He'd be a worthy dragon meal.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Oh, Shoe.

You know me better than this.

I don't have to merely think. We have the technology.

View attachment 163828

Code:
CHALLENGER LIST 
Nowi (5*+8 +res -hp) 
Weapon: Lightning Breath+ 
B: Swordbreaker 3 
S: Quick Riposte 3 
Upgrade Path: 3 

ENEMIES - CUSTOM LIST 
Joshua (5*+2) 
Weapon: Audhulma 
B: Quick Riposte 3 
S: Close Def 3 

The following buffs were applied to Joshua:
Atk +4
Spd +2
Def +2
Res +2
Pre-charge: 5
Now this isn't completely accurate, because I can't take your summoner support into account for his HP via ArcticFox (I can simulate the other stats with buffs). Joshua would survive this particular encounter with 3 HP.

But if he somehow did this, ran off, charged another Aether, and swung in again with that, he'd still be 9 damage short of breaking my girl in a 1v1 and wouldn't survive to take another swing.

It gets a bit more fun if the rest of our crews get involved. The AT3 boost would be enough to give Joshua the extra damage he needs to drop the dragon, assuming he does it with two consecutive Aethers, and assuming neither of my Grimas are anywhere near her at the time, since Ward Dragons and M!Grima's Support boost would make her survive a second encounter, while Goad Dragons gives enough Atk to kill Joshua on the first.
View attachment 163854

If it's any consolation, I dig Joshua generally. He'd be a worthy dragon meal.
That's because the battle should go like this
>Joshua has +6 on all but Spd
>Nowi initiates
>Joshua gets +10/6 Def/Res
>Joshua strikes twice
>Second hit is guaranteed to proc Aether(even with Swordbreaker, he's faster)
Most Nowis I encounter don't die but that doesn't mean jack **** when Joshua gets out of it with 40+ HP

Now, if I see one with TA, then and only then is he dead.

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326
Oh hey, there is a Fire Emblem Heroes thread.

Sup guys, this is like one of the few times I popped out of the Isaac support thread!

My pride and joy:

My Pegasus Nino.jpg

My OTHER pride and joys:
My Nino.jpg
My Mia.jpg
My Zelgius.jpg
My Finn.jpg

These are my favourite characters, so I'm one of the lucky few who already has all his favourites in the game xD

I'd have 100% posted my friend code, but I got full after I posted it on reddit once so there's no point >.<

I'm not actually a whale, but I subscribe to the philosophy of saving for favourites and dumping all orbs on 'em....

I look forward to discussing the game with you guys!

Oh and Joshua is legit. My sister is a huge Joshua fangirl and she made him an absolute monster. Sure it took some premium skills... but he is a good dragon killer atleast. She hopes for some seasonal alt for him to break the game with lol.

Last edited:

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Realistically speaking, what are the chances of F!Corn being this month's Legendary Hero?

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
That's because the battle should go like this
>Nowi initiates
>Joshua gets +10/6 Def/Res
>Joshua strikes twice
>Second hit is guaranteed to proc Aether(even with Swordbreaker, he's faster)
Most Nowis I encounter don't die but that doesn't mean jack **** when Joshua gets out of it with 40+ HP

Now, if I see one with TA, then and only then is he dead.
If you bring all four of your teammates' Tactics boosts, find my Nowi completely isolated from the rest of my team's boosts, and still can't kill her, I'm not honestly sure you've much to be proud of.

But it is a fair point that in a world where I was somehow dumb enough to let that happen - which isn't this one, but perhaps you could bribe the AI - I would have to find another strategy, as re-engaging Joshua from then on would be suicide.

That said if we're getting teams involved, the battles should actually go like this:

>Nowi has +6 to all stats
>Nowi initiates

1536864723180.png

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326
Realistically speaking, what are the chances of F!Corn being this month's Legendary Hero?
Decent enough.

They seem to enjoy skipping Jugdral getting a Legendary hero.

And now that the Fates banner is here, pretty darn high.

D

Deleted member

If you bring all four of your teammates' Tactics boosts, find my Nowi completely isolated from the rest of my team's boosts, and still can't kill her, I'm not honestly sure you've much to be proud of.

But it is a fair point that in a world where I was somehow dumb enough to let that happen - which isn't this one, but perhaps you could bribe the AI - I would have to find another strategy, as re-engaging Joshua from then on would be suicide.

That said if we're getting teams involved, the battles should actually go like this:

>Nowi has +6 to all stats
>Nowi initiates

View attachment 163865
Why does Joshua have 22 HP tho?

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326
It was tempting to splurge all my saved orbs on Myrrh when she came along, not gonna lie.

Luckily I managed to hold out till Flying Nino's release.

+Atk/-Spd.
Isn't +def/-spd slightly superior for her though?

D

Deleted member

It was tempting to splurge all my saved orbs on Myrrh when she came along, not gonna lie.

While defense makes her tankier, Myrrh also really likes an attack boost which helps her take out red threats better and some tanky green mages or Grima.

Gunla

It's my bit, you see.
Administrator
BRoomer
Writing Team

Assuming a basic QR Iote's DC build she's going to hit 40 def at +10 atk boon, 43 def def boon. 40 defense is already particularly large before buffs and you're going to only really be stopped by a few things, mainly just PP armors (something like Lukas isn't going to initiate typically, and he'd not want to initiate on a Myrrh).

Regardless they are her best IVs most likely. If you're running Fury it's a bit safer to run a +ATK build since the threshold at +10 rises to 41 pre-buffs.

-edit: nvm, can't read and thought souless's was your, sorry for the tag-

Either way, much respect False. I've had some pretty bad luck on all Myrrh banners and I'm currently at 3.75 on the current one, hoping that I can pull one before her banner ends on Sunday (unfortunately I'm almost done with Tempest and have a few orbs left from that)

Last edited:

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
Why does Joshua have 22 HP tho?
Same reason as before; couldn't adjust the HP for Supports or Blessings on enemy units over at ArcticSilverFox. I can buff Joshua up to match the other numbers, and then add the Tactics buffs as Spurs to have the full net effect, but I can't tweak HP.

So I fixed that problem for this next set by throwing Joshua in the Challenger field and Nowi in the Enemy field. This nullifies Nowi's Ally Support and Blessing (the latter of which I haven't been applying so far - I simply forgot, but F!Grima should give her one) and allows me to add Joshua's Blessing and both Ally and Summoner Supports.

Thus the numbers are now just like you'd see in Arena, if the AI weren't ****. Which I'd assume it wouldn't be - or else the whole discussion's meaningless, really, as it's equally fair that I'd bait Josh away from your Tactics personnel if I ran across him.

As before, Joshua has all Tactics buffs, Nowi has Ward and Goad, neither has special charges, and Nowi initiates:

1536868111750.png

I've had some pretty bad luck on all Myrrh banners
Hoo boy, I hear that.

Wasn't around for her first focus, so the odds of getting her in the legendaries was trash, and I didn't get one until this banner. Even then she's a middling +Res / -HP.

Crossing my fingers that your fortunes are more favorable, if you can manage another pull.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Who is a better unit, LA Hector or Legendary Hector?
LA's Defense is fantastic and his attack is solid, as well as damage to others when being hit, but Legendary Hector's attack is slightly better and his weapon prevents doubling.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

Same reason as before; couldn't adjust the HP for Supports or Blessings on enemy units over at ArcticSilverFox. I can buff Joshua up to match the other numbers, and then add the Tactics buffs as Spurs to have the full net effect, but I can't tweak HP.

So I fixed that problem for this next set by throwing Joshua in the Challenger field and Nowi in the Enemy field. This nullifies Nowi's Ally Support and Blessing (the latter of which I haven't been applying so far - I simply forgot, but F!Grima should give her one) and allows me to add Joshua's Blessing and both Ally and Summoner Supports.

Thus the numbers are now just like you'd see in Arena, if the AI weren't ****. Which I'd assume it wouldn't be - or else the whole discussion's meaningless, really, as it's equally fair that I'd bait Josh away from your Tactics personnel if I ran across him.

As before, Joshua has all Tactics buffs, Nowi has Ward and Goad, neither has special charges, and Nowi initiates:

View attachment 163888

Hoo boy, I hear that.

Wasn't around for her first focus, so the odds of getting her in the legendaries was trash, and I didn't get one until this banner. Even then she's a middling +Res / -HP.

Crossing my fingers that your fortunes are more favorable, if you can manage another pull.
That's not what I meant, why doesn't Joshua have full HP?

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208

One of my personal hopes is that we get an SoV-styled Palla with the Dragonpike, since she comes equipped with it in Shadow Dragon. Palla's up there with Saber, Seth, and Robin in the "broken-in-the-main-games heroes that were done dirty" category. :p Best Whitewing deserves it.

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
That's not what I meant, why doesn't Joshua have full HP?
He does when he walks in.

1536869550949.png

They both do, it just doesn't list starting HP in the output.

The first number you see follows the first hit he took from Nowi, for 14.

I understand skepticism though. Here, take this:

And this:

And put them in here.

Lemme know what you get. I'll wait.

[EDIT]: Oh hey, he still has the pre-charge.

I was testing to see how many he'd need to proc Aether in time to not die. The answer is 2, if you'd like to plug that result in, and the results swing very heavily in Joshua's favor at that time:

1536869945545.png

- compared to 1 (which I'm pretty sure isn't possible due to his weapon, but the results are the same at 0):

1536870058778.png

Last edited:

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
Who is a better unit, LA Hector or Legendary Hector?
LA's Defense is fantastic and his attack is solid, as well as damage to others when being hit, but Legendary Hector's attack is slightly better and his weapon prevents doubling.
Legendary Hector is technically better because (like you said) his weapon prevents doubling and is easy to set up, which means he can completely ignore his awful spd stat and still double enemies thanks to the broken fighter skills. LA Hector is obviously still really good, but he functions more like a nuke bc he can cheese "counters" with dumb things like double wrath+bonfire. tbh it doesn't really matter which one you use because all hectors have basically the same statline and are broken lol

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

FYI, they really do establish that armored are units are thriving more. Like the highest tier in the FEH Wiki and Gamepress are all Armors.
Only thing is, GoO Hector should not be in the same tier as LA Hector and Legendary Hector, in my opinion.
GoO Hector is slightly outclassed by both of them. Tier 2 or S tier fits a lot more for him.

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326
I like how the update just catapulted Odin from trash tier to a decent tier lol.

Refinements are helluva drugs.

Except for people like Titania.

F

D

Deleted member

I like how the update just catapulted Odin from trash tier to a decent tier lol.

Refinements are helluva drugs.

Except for people like Titania.

F
What is even funnier is in the FEH wiki tier list, Odin is higher than Redinhart.

Gunla

It's my bit, you see.
Administrator
BRoomer
Writing Team
I mean at the end of the day, OG Hector can inherit both Berserk Armads (I assume at some point Swift Mulagir and Thunder Armads will be passed down). OG Hector's only big downside is mainly his bulk isn't as polarized and he has 5-6 less BST than the other Hectors, and unlike the other Hectors he can still build an Omnibreaker build with QR Seal and Wary Fighter.

Odin's weapon will make him decent but his attack is still pretty horrid, but at least his weapon makes him slightly more usable. However, it gets to a point where you're just investing so much into a unit with poor stats when Tailtiu and others exist for low rarities, and Linde, Lute, Delthea and others exist at higher rarities, able to run extremely strong bladetome builds and the like. He's at least bulky and can actual consider running CC with the right setups but at the end of the day I think his refine isn't going to make him a gamechanger.

I see him as being more in the low A range in terms of Gamepedia's since he seems to be pretty overrated imo, I know one of their recent posts talked a lot of Reinhardt compared to Odin but I still think our tiny hand man is still going to be a huge menace as always.

If anything, I think Celica's a bit underrated in terms of how big her refine is. She fulfills a similar role to Lilina in terms of being a nuke, but does not have to rely on Brash Assault to double because her speed is getting lifted as well and her effects don't depend on enemy stats. Either way I think Lilina, Celica, Hoshidan Micaiah and Winter Tharja do earn their spots as the best red mages at this time.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I mean at the end of the day, OG Hector can inherit both Berserk Armads (I assume at some point Swift Mulagir and Thunder Armads will be passed down). OG Hector's only big downside is mainly his bulk isn't as polarized and he has 5-6 less BST than the other Hectors, and unlike the other Hectors he can still build an Omnibreaker build with QR Seal and Wary Fighter.

Odin's weapon will make him decent but his attack is still pretty horrid, but at least his weapon makes him slightly more usable. However, it gets to a point where you're just investing so much into a unit with poor stats when Tailtiu and others exist for low rarities, and Linde, Lute, Delthea and others exist at higher rarities, able to run extremely strong bladetome builds and the like. He's at least bulky and can actual consider running CC with the right setups but at the end of the day I think his refine isn't going to make him a gamechanger.

I see him as being more in the low A range in terms of Gamepedia's.

If anything, I think Celica's a bit underrated in terms of how big her refine is. She fulfills a similar role to Lilina in terms of being a nuke, but does not have to rely on Brash Assault to double because her speed is getting lifted as well and her effects don't depend on enemy stats. Either way I think Lilina, Celica, Hoshidan Micaiah and Winter Tharja do earn their spots as the best red mages at this time.
OG Hector can not get Thunder Armads. In fact it is non inheritable. As the meta progresses with more green armor units that does Hector's job better, Hector will be in the dust a bit more.
OG Hector's resistance is also really low, like even more low than LA's Hector's resistance, which is already low on itself.
OG Hector is still a really good unit though. Not S+ or Tier 1, but S and Tier 2 for sure.

It is pretty funny to see Odin in S- tier in FEH Wiki all of a sudden. Odin does have his build, but his attack is very low and there are much more solid blue units that can do the job. Odin is definitely not the worst unit anymore or low tier for that matter.

Also I am glad to see Brave Hector in his own top tier alone, sitting on top of Hardin and Effie. Brave Hector is so good right now.

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
However, it gets to a point where you're just investing so much into a unit with poor stats when Tailtiu and others exist for low rarities -
Oof, not mine. Poor girl keeps pitybreaking me at inopportune times.

I'm really struggling to not hate her guts because I know about the whole Hilda thing but if I get one more I'm tempted to book the set out of pure petty rage.

Single_Mom

Smash Cadet
Don't have a picture but if anyone wants a sword unit that isn't Ayra, BK, or Karla, my code is 6039559315.

D

Deleted member

unlike the other Hectors he can still build an Omnibreaker build with QR Seal and Wary Fighter
Just fyi, Thunder Armads+Vengeful Fighter does just that at the "more allies in 2 spaces than foes" requirement. It's pretty ****ing stupid.

D

Deleted member

I just want to say that Lewyn has great potential. While he will probably not be the best green mage, he is a really solid one.
Look at this man! He has special in all turns, and he hits like a truck. He is also super fast.
He even outspeeds +SPD Karla if Karla does not have a speed boosting seal.

Only thing is he dies in one shot from like anything ( lol ), but his positives heavily outweigh his negatives.

Single_Mom

Smash Cadet
Lewyn really is a busted unit. I've been using mine for arena and not even counting the buffs he gets, he is insane. Mine doesn't even have a great iv set (+hp -res) either so that says something.

D

Deleted member

Lewyn really is a busted unit. I've been using mine for arena and not even counting the buffs he gets, he is insane. Mine doesn't even have a great iv set (+hp -res) either so that says something.
Mine is +ATK -HP.
I do not use him in Arena ( I use my main Armor Emblem team ), but he is really good for grinding Lunatic Tempest Trials.

Top Bottom