• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fire Emblem Cipher

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer

Most people here probably only pay attention to Cipher for the art, but we might as well have a thread for it anyway to keep all that gorgeous art in one place, right? :p This thread is for anything about Cipher, such as showing off any cards you might own, new card/art reveals, and even actually playing the game!

For anyone interested in playing the game: the people over at Serenes Forest have this article, which explains how to set up Lackey CCG (computer card game software) for playing Cipher online. See also this article explaining the rules of Cipher.

Or if you just want to admire the art, see here: https://fireemblemwiki.org/wiki/Category:Fire_Emblem_Cipher_artwork

So, does anyone here happen to actually own any Cipher cards? I was considering picking up one of the FE4 sets because Sigurd's Cipher art never disappoints.

Frizz

Will Thwack You At 0%
I'm guilty as charged when it comes to only paying attention to Cipher for the art. Card games have never really been that interesting for me, if we're being honest. Sure, I might've bought some Pokemon and Yu-Gi-Oh when I was a kid, but only so I could fit in with the others. I don't think I've ever won a single match in gradeschool, just to show you how much I suck at card games. That being said, I'm excited that Kris is getting a Cipher card. I typically prefer official art over fanart, especially since Kris hardly as any fanart to begin with. I've used the only screenshot of it as a profile picture for a while, but when I found this FE12 wallpaper, I just had to use it. Maybe I'll go back to it one day when there's a clearer resolution, but for now, it's only used in my Twitter profile picture. With the release of his Cipher card on the way, maybe he'll show up in Fire Emblem Heroes one day too. That's what I'm hoping for.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I mainly pay attention to it for the art, but I've been considering picking up a few of my favorites in card form. :p

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332
I mostly like the art haven't really considered picking up the cards as I can't read Japanese and don't have much desire to import a TCG. Not to mention the art in card form has all the words on top of it.

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332
Turns out Opossum Opossum is in charge of selecting which characters get Cipher cards.
Time to Chrom. It's Chrom Time!

aarchak

Smash Ace
I remember hearing about Cipher a long time ago, and after reading the rules, it's incredibly cool and I wish they made English versions of these cards, so I could buy them and play with others.

shrooby

Let me know when I'm supposed to laugh, okay?
BRoomer
NNID
shrooby
3DS FC
2320-6364-8294
I really wish they'd release it as a digital game if they never intend to release it outside of Japan.

Luigifan18

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5577-0969-0868
I actually came up with a few Cipher card concepts of my own a while ago. I created PDFs of them to show them off. (Does anyone have any ideas for Empty Vessel Garon?)

Attachments

Last edited:

Frizz

Will Thwack You At 0%
Kris (and Katarina)'s Cipher cards recently came out, and I'm very excited.

IMG_20181105_031207.png
Hopefully Kris gets some recognition and joins FEH soon—he's the least popular Avatar out of the 3. Makes sense, since FE12 only came out in Japan.

Top Bottom