• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fire Emblem Basic Unit Mini Mafia: Game Over

BarDulL

Town Vampire
Maven is voting me as a placeholder, Jdietz votes as an agreement to maven. Bardull votes whatever the hell he wants to vote and goes on with something else. Likely a placeholder, but he somehow pisses me off from the past games we played. Take note that I used to be a mediocre player. Now I'm just bad.
here's the thing

you weren't doing anything

and then when you actually did something, you OMGUS me and say it's because you're pissed at me. i honestly don't believe you lol no offense. like we haven't played a game together in years rofl, like i hardly remember you to begin with (no offense inside or outside of the game :p).

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
Of course you wouldn't, I was lynched early from most of them. The only thing I ever did right was lynching you over jdietz. But yeah, w/e. Thanks for telling me at the least.

RosalinaSGS

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2062-9707-3637
It's just flat-out lurking and not posting anything in relation to your suspicions and etcetera. That's what bothers people, and that's why they would vote. They wouldn't vote if you're just looking around for clues, because they expect you to put up something worthwhile.

Maven is voting me as a placeholder, Jdietz votes as an agreement to maven. Bardull votes whatever the hell he wants to vote and goes on with something else. Likely a placeholder, but he somehow pisses me off from the past games we played. Take note that I used to be a mediocre player. Now I'm just bad.
If Vinyl's actually already on three, can someone please unvote?

BarDulL

Town Vampire
don't feel like laundry did anything wrong and i loved his first (or was it second?) post of the game.

i got my reasons for vinyl though, join me my son

ok to be fair it's probably too early to kill off vinyl but this game has been pretty slow :(

RosalinaSGS

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2062-9707-3637
Nope, talking about meta and roles isn't conclusive to finding scum.

Imo we should wait for Laundry to answer my question and if he doesn't respond within the next 24 hours we lynch him.

:059:
I'm fine with doing this, but also want other stuff running alongside. Inactivity is really annoying.

Jdietz43

BRoomer
BRoomer
Vinyl doesn't do things wtf

vote: RosalinaSGS that vote on Gheb then agreeing with his vote is odd as finuck. Explain.

:186:
Wtf no it's not, it's standard RVS procedure. I know for a fact you know better to make a big deal of that.

Vote: Laundry

No intentionally confusing the newbs.

BarDulL

Town Vampire
Why should we, on both counts (especially laundry)
WL got that value. personally i prefer to keep ryker/raz/WL until at least d3 in just about any game i play. he goes AFK as any alignment so his v/la doesn't make me lean either way. as far as his line of questioning towards rosalina, you could easily look at it one of two ways. first way is to look at it like he's doing standard early game pressure. to be fair, rosalina's rvs vote on gheb basically equated to jacksquat, like it didn't amount to anything because rosalina immediately threw gheb support after his rvs vote on gheb. it left me wondering if there was actually any intent behind the rvs vote or if it was just there to make him look like he was doing something. so i understand WL's PoV.

the second way to look at it is to say 'oh WL is trying to take advantage of the situation, his interpretation seems weird.'

vinyl is odd and makes for good d1 fodder atm. also i feel like his rationale for voting for me and not you/maven is pretty arbitrary. do you have a lean on him yet?

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
I don't see what's wrong with Vinyl's posts so far except for the fact that some of his sentences are borderline incomprehensible at times.

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
Of course. I didn't vote on maven and Jdietz. Maven noted that I didn't keep my word and jdietz followed. Your vote was sudden with nothing else on the table and I only made the vote to push you a bit, but you don't seem to care that much about it. At least you brought up a reason this time with some pointers. For the rest, I'm sorry for my lack of common sense.

For bar, I said you somehow pissed me off back then.
You said I omgus'd you because I'm pissed at you. I was not, dude.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
So can we lynch Laundry yet? Bardull is trying his hardest to be a tool right now so his opinion should not be taken serious.

RosalinaSGS

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2062-9707-3637
WL got that value. personally i prefer to keep ryker/raz/WL until at least d3 in just about any game i play. he goes AFK as any alignment so his v/la doesn't make me lean either way. as far as his line of questioning towards rosalina, you could easily look at it one of two ways. first way is to look at it like he's doing standard early game pressure. to be fair, rosalina's rvs vote on gheb basically equated to jacksquat, like it didn't amount to anything because rosalina immediately threw gheb support after his rvs vote on gheb. it left me wondering if there was actually any intent behind the rvs vote or if it was just there to make him look like he was doing something. so i understand WL's PoV.

the second way to look at it is to say 'oh WL is trying to take advantage of the situation, his interpretation seems weird.'

vinyl is odd and makes for good d1 fodder atm. also i feel like his rationale for voting for me and not you/maven is pretty arbitrary. do you have a lean on him yet?
Just because I agree with one thing he says does not mean I believe he is town. (Also, what's v/la?)

So can we lynch Laundry yet? Bardull is trying his hardest to be a tool right now so his opinion should not be taken serious.

Sure, if he doesn't post by the end of the day. Either way, we still need to generate more content before Night.
@#HBC | Laundry

BarDulL

Town Vampire
Just because I agree with one thing he says does not mean I believe he is town. (Also, what's v/la?)
vaction/limited activity. not saying you think he is town but you did "+1" his post immediately after your rvs vote, y'know? i'm not saying you're scum for it though, just saying WL's concerns are legit.

Of course. I didn't vote on maven and Jdietz. Maven noted that I didn't keep my word and jdietz followed. Your vote was sudden with nothing else on the table and I only made the vote to push you a bit, but you don't seem to care that much about it. At least you brought up a reason this time with some pointers. For the rest, I'm sorry for my lack of common sense.

For bar, I said you somehow pissed me off back then.
You said I omgus'd you because I'm pissed at you. I was not, dude.
>i vote for you
>you immediately vote for me because i voted for you

it's an OMGUS man.

vinyl who do you think is scum?

lmaoooo i'm sorry mah dude. the only way i'm letting a WL lynch go through is if he doesn't do shiz in the next 24 hours

Maven89

Smash Master
Uh, I misread Gheb's response to me and thought he said the main reason was the question Laundry asked. He actually said the exact opposite. If Laundry doesn't respond tonight I'm fine with lynching him.

Vinyl I don't understand this line
There's no such thing as a trick play on the first day.
Kursed explain this right here

If he's bluffing, then definitley a suspect

But if he's truly unable to bold a post then I don't think he is a threat. Hence other roles than VT may confuse him?
I have, really, only gut reads, which are town on Gheb and possible scum on Bardull, though for Bardull it's solely because of the joking way he's playing which, despite Vinyl saying it's how he plays, is not something I remember from him.

Either Rosalina picked up mafia really, really quickly or he/she is faking it. I'll admit I skimmed after I was killed in Candy mafia but I noticed a giant jump in her/his confidence.

Maven89

Smash Master
So nevermind Gheb about my question to you above, now I'd rather you don't answer it so Laundry won't have a guideline of what he has to explain before he posts. I was thinking you wanted to lynch him based on his Kursed question, due to him not responding I felt I had to ask why. I misread.

Kursed

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Kursedx
Kursed explain this right here
Vinyl told me to post opinions/thoughts so I am. I felt as if Dragon was suspicious because he was asking how to bold his post. I believed this was just a post for activity so he could change his status and possibly lurk. If he truly knew how to bold a vote and posted just for the activity rule I would say he is a suspect. Right now my argument is really vague so I don't have anything to back myself up on it.

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
>i vote for you
>you immediately vote for me because i voted for you

it's an OMGUS man.
Alright. That's not what I meant, however. You said I voted because I was pissed.
I was not. I only voted you for a push, because your vote was sudden and you've been just as silent.
You brought up pointers, but you seem to have twist that up a bit. I'm always a little late to this and I just want to point that out.

So yeah, scummy points for you unless you tell me why you stated it like that.

Maven89

Smash Master
Vinyl told me to post opinions/thoughts so I am. I felt as if Dragon was suspicious because he was asking how to bold his post. I believed this was just a post for activity so he could change his status and possibly lurk. If he truly knew how to bold a vote and posted just for the activity rule I would say he is a suspect. Right now my argument is really vague so I don't have anything to back myself up on it.
More the part about him not being a threat?

Kursed

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Kursedx
More the part about him not being a threat?
Well, that was a guess. But I don't want to be blunt and say Dragon is stupid. I'm trying to compare the game mechanics is more complex to how to bolding a post works.

Sorry for the Edit, bad habit. i reverted it to the original.

Last edited:

Kursed

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Kursedx
This also supports my theory in some sense.

By the way, this is my first online mafia game.
I'm expecting you to respond with a statement something along the lines of "it's not that hard to type who you want to kill."

RosalinaSGS

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2062-9707-3637
This would be quite a weak arguement. Merely bolding a post is almost inconsequential. We know his intentions, it's just that he merely hadn't put forward an actual vote. I did something similar in Candy mafia, where I didn't actually vote anything, but announced what I will vote. This is a quite similar, except with different purposes.

@ Dragonhunter970 Dragonhunter970 However, I do feel your posts have been perhaps a bit lacking. To bold something, (I'm pretty sure someone answered this, but just in case), just press the B button above the reply box. It is there on both computer and mobile.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Alright. That's not what I meant, however. You said I voted because I was pissed.
I was not. I only voted you for a push, because your vote was sudden and you've been just as silent.
You brought up pointers, but you seem to have twist that up a bit. I'm always a little late to this and I just want to point that out.

So yeah, scummy points for you unless you tell me why you stated it like that.
Yeah, Bardull really isn't doing himself any favors here. But I disagree that he deserves scummy points for it, you're giving him too much credit as a player for that imo.

RosalinaSGS

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2062-9707-3637
Instead of lynching Laundry Today, I'm actually entertaining the notion of lynching someone else. I'm going to lay out my reasoning for both of them separately, as they use quite varied ideas.

Laundry:
The main purpose of lynching Laundry is to simply clear a slot which would otherwise be very difficult to read and could lead to problems later on. However, there exists the potential for him to start contributing later on in the game. It's a simple, and logical idea. But is it necessary the best move?

Someone else:
I believe the primary purpose of D1 should be an attempt to gather information. It's possible to try to lynch suspicious slots, but given the limited time we have, I doubt anyone has actually displayed any particularly suspicious behaviour thus far. I have a slight gut read, but it's barely worth mentioning. As such, we should be lynching today with the purpose in mind to find mafia, or clear slots, rather than actually lynching mafia. Information is gathered on how the lynched slot flips, and the connections other slots have with the flip.
If we follow this logic, then Laundry could be the worst possible lynch to make today. Everyone is against him, and his flip wouldn't tell us anything significant, other than how many mafia are left in the game. Essentially, I'm proposing a sort of policy lynch to trade a potential mislynch for information, which is the primary target of D1.

TL;DR:
If we lynch Laundry, we don't have to deal with his inactivity later, but his participation may change later on.
If we lynch someone else, we get information, but we may have to deal with inactivity.

I'm hoping we'll be able to prod/ modvote Laundry into action, therefore I'm an advocate for the 2nd scenario.

This idea does sound a bit extreme, even to me. But what does everyone else think? Has something like this been done before, and if so, did it succeed?

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Laundry isn't among the harder slots in this game to read correctly. And even if he were it should have no impact on whether we lynch him toDay or not.

There's also no reason to assume that he will be more active later on.

RosalinaSGS

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2062-9707-3637
Laundry isn't among the harder slots in this game to read correctly. And even if he were it should have no impact on whether we lynch him toDay or not.

There's also no reason to assume that he will be more active later on.

When I mean harder, I'm referring to his activity. And you're right on your other points. The problem is which arguement, or which form of logic, is more applicable in a game of mafia. Do we want to lynch for the chance of hitting a mafia, or lynch for gaining more information. From my perspective, Laundry right now has about as much chance of being mafia than pretty much everyone. So we would have the same amount of chance of hitting a mafia. And, if the lynched person turns out to be innocent, we have information on other slots. If Laundry turned out to be innocent, we wouldn't have extra information, but we wouldn't have to deal with his inactivity. That's my problem. I'm not sure which is favourable to our success. Has such a tactic ever been employed in your experience?

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Stop using the term 'policy lynch'.

Lynching a suspicious player always gives us something to work with anyway so lynching somebody specifically for the sake of obtaining 'information' is pointless. It's OK to go for a last-minute lynch of an inactive player if it becomes unbearable but lynching somebody solely for information's sake is pretty fruitless, if not completely impossible as it allows scumbags to dodge accountability by just using 'information' as an excuse for just about everything.

Kursed

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Kursedx
This would be quite a weak arguement. Merely bolding a post is almost inconsequential. We know his intentions, it's just that he merely hadn't put forward an actual vote. I did something similar in Candy mafia, where I didn't actually vote anything, but announced what I will vote. This is a quite similar, except with different purposes.
Yeah, I understand and I did have trouble actually creating an argument at all tbh. I'm really just poking at people.

Top Bottom