• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fire Emblem 7x: The Immortal Sword (Screenshot playthrough)

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332
Hey guys, I'm been meaning to do this for a little while, but today's the day. Welcome to Fire Emblem 7x: The Immortal Sword!

What is this you may ask, I've never heard of this entry for Fire Emblem. Well, that is because this isn't an official entry, but rather a phenomenal fangame! Basically, it's a prequel to Fire Emblem: The Blazing Sword, where you see Uther as a young reckless man, much like his brother you may know as Hector. Given it's a prequel it keeps the style of the gba games, despite running in it's own engine, while they're are many mechanics from the gba games there are many changes as way, such as single weapon locked Cavaliers like in the Tellius games and even a full fledged skill system.

If you liked to know more about the game or want to try it out yourself visit their website for more details HERE!

With that out of the way let's get this show on the road. I'm skipping the introduction chapter, as I'm more focused on the gameplay for this rather than the story, so instead we'll start out the prologue.
Screenshot (11).png
Anyways, we start the game by choosing our setting. I'm going with casual, though I'll be playing without any deaths happening, so there won't be much of a difference anyway.

Screenshot (12).png
Next is difficulty and I'm going with normal, as I believe the game is more balanced around that setting.

Screenshot (14).png
This game features a pseudo world map, that works kind of like Fire Emblem Conquest, you can even replay chapters if you really want to. Note that you must play in at least standard in order for you to replay the chapters. Really helpful if you missed out on the conditions for a gaiden chapter or some other bonus objectives.

Screenshot (15).png
The first map on the game, a pretty simple one to get yourself situated in the game, you start off with 4 units, which I'll get into shortly. Notice, the little bubbles over some of the enemies head, those are a status effect on the enemies, apparently they are intoxicated and get a nerf to some of their stats like Skill, Hit, and Avoid. Perfect for your new units! Any yellow houses with open doors will not only give you tips or world building but also 10 few exp, I recommend visiting them to get closer to leveling up. The Red House gives a Bronze Sword. An infinite use weapon with low might and doesn't crit, but hey it could help save uses on more valuable weapons.

Screenshot (16).png
Let's start off with our Lord of the game Uther, he's a sword locked unit with a prf weapon a claymore. Basically his version of a rapier. He has the highest BST out of your units so far, but that doesn't say much, when they are all trainees. He also has the highest move at the moment which certainly helps.

Screenshot (17).png
Marcus! Now even younger, this time though he isn't an overpowered Jeigan, but rather your first trainee, which honestly are comparable for SoV Ram villages in terms of usefulness. He's your strongest of the trainees and closest to promotion, don't be afraid to get him promoted as soon as you can. He's pretty much on par with Uther in terms of stat spread but without a good weapon or as much movement yet, that'll definitely change.

Screenshot (18).png
Harken here starts out as a glass cannon, 2 def, means when he gets hit, it hits hard, though that'll change as his growths as definitely solid and he's sporting the highest str, so he will be good as long as he doesn't get rng'd screwed. He has the lowest bst, so he really needs good early levels to get going

Screenshot (19).png
Last, is Isadora, she's the lowest level of the 3 trainees, but is the fastest, and crits are likely thanks to her slim sword. She'll get a lot better when she promotes though. Also her portrait Isadorable.
Hope you guys will enjoy this series. I spent more time writing this out than playing the Chapter. Hopefully, I'll be able to get through the whole game and present it to you.

Of course most of the images break :/ Fixing it...

Edit Part 2 of Prologue...

Screenshot (20).png
Marcus is the lucky guy to get the first attack of the game, not quite a kill, but someone can clean up.

Screenshot (21).png
Harken was able to double this soldier and kill him, so the damage taken was well worth it.

Screenshot (22).png
Mostly just showing off Uther's Battle Sprite, it's pretty slick.

Screenshot (23).png
Isadora's battle animation as a trainee is one of the best as she spins the sword around to attack...

Screenshot (24).png
Not to mention her crit animation makes her in to the Tasmanian Devil! Spin to WIN!

Screenshot (25).png
Forgot to mention the jump slash for Harken is also a quite nice animation. All of the new animations are quite smooth and fun to watch overall.

Screenshot (28).png
I forgot to screenshot the first level :( Anyways, she got speed, def, Luck and skill for her first level, that's nice. Hopefully she gets str though.

Screenshot (30).png
Marcus is the next to level up. I haven't had much luck when it comes to great levels in this game most of the time it's 2 or 3 stats per level. So Bases and Promotion gains tend to be a little more important, overall.

Screenshot (31).png
Strength and Speed is always nice.

Screenshot (32).png
Dora gets a second level, and it's disappointing...

Screenshot (33).png
Uther gets the first strike on the boss, getting effective damage plus WTA, thanks to the claymore.

Screenshot (34).png
Here are the stats of the boss, he's basically an Axe Knight, quite cool. Wasn't too much trouble thanks to Uther.

Screenshot (36).png
And that's the chapter, at the end you get a ranking depending on how well you did, it's not too hard to get an S even if you play casually though. Maybe on Hard it's a little more difficult.

Attachments

Last edited:

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
Oh boy. If we're going to start doing fangames, someone has to do The Last Promise eventually. "Someone" being someone other than me, I'm not touching that thing with a barge pole.

Frizz

Will Thwack You At 0%
A prequel to a prequel. That sounds intriguing.

And the change they made in the casual setting is also fairly interesting. It allows for some mistakes to be made, but it doesn't promote reckless behavior.

I'll be keeping an eye on this thread.

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332
Alright guys, time for Chapter 2, yes not chapter 1, that's for later. Don't worry it'll make sense later.

Screenshot (37).png Screenshot (38).png
It takes two images to show the whole ma for this Chapter, its a decent sized map with 2 villages. A couple of cavaliers, some mercenaries and fighters, and 2 archers. We also have 2 new units!
Screenshot (41).png
Now it's time to see our healer, a trainee one too. Given her name, guess who she is related too... Anyways, in this game HP pools are pretty big, so even if Madelyn does take a hit or two he actually survive unlike most fire emblem clerics. At least for now. Anyways, she also has a preference staff called Fix which is like Bloom Festal, basically a heal staff with 1-2 range, it's real good use it only when you need to as it's the only one, you'll get regular staves at the shop.
Screenshot (40).png
Our Jeigan arrived and its Eagler, he's very useful, just don't be too overzealous using him as while he can solo, his strong weapons are best saved for later chapters, and he's best right now assisting your other units in growth. Paladins in this game also have the skill sacrifice (Similar to Micaiah in Radiant Dawn) Meaning when you don't want to attack with him, you may still get use, with him helping out in healing. It's not like he has much of a fear of dying yet.
Screenshot (42).png
I forgot to mention last time that Uther has a skill. It's actually pretty useful, as Uther will definitely take hits every now and then.
Screenshot (44).png
Harken Leveled Up, HP and Def are nice, but Str and Spd wouldn't hurt. So hopefully you gain some soon.
Screenshot (45).png
Marcus Leveled up too. Spd, Def, and Skill, can't complain.
Screenshot (46).png
Oof, One of the archers managed to crit Harken. Didn't expect that. Back to the drawing board. Anyways, I thought it would be fun to show, but now I'll have to restart, See you all soon!

Did I mention Archers were buffed in this game. Basically they are still 2 range only but will always have WTA at 2 range, due to the changes to WTA that means they also not only have a hit and avoid buff, but also a damage buff. The downside for this is that they face WTD when attacked up close. I was going to mention it when I got my first bow user, but since it mattered here I thought I bring it up.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Oh boy. If we're going to start doing fangames, someone has to do The Last Promise eventually. "Someone" being someone other than me, I'm not touching that thing with a barge pole.
What's bad about it?

Asking because I'm becoming tempted to try out some FE fan games/ROM hacks while waiting for the chance to start my (mostly) blind playthroughs of all of the official games. I'll take examples of both good and bad fan games. I could even start covering them as a side thing on my channel in the future.

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332
I'm putting this on hiatus, until I find a consistent time to work on this. I'll definitely return to this, but I don't want to get people's hope's up that I'll return to this soon.
What's bad about it?

Asking because I'm becoming tempted to try out some FE fan games/ROM hacks while waiting for the chance to start my (mostly) blind playthroughs of all of the official games. I'll take examples of both good and bad fan games. I could even start covering them as a side thing on my channel in the future.
The sheer edginess of TLP is probably why. There's a SwordMaster OC that's main theme is His World from Sonic '06...

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I'm putting this on hiatus, until I find a consistent time to work on this. I'll definitely return to this, but I don't want to get people's hope's up that I'll return to this soon.

The sheer edginess of TLP is probably why. There's a SwordMaster OC that's main theme is His World from Sonic '06...
His World isn't edgy, that song is actually iconic. Especially them strings.

The game was crap but the music was lit.

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332
His World isn't edgy, that song is actually iconic. Especially them strings.

The game was crap but the music was lit.
Well, it's not just the theme, but the way he is characterized really. Being almost a shonen anime protagonist, That will say "Nothin' Personal Kid".
The rom hack also features voice acting in certain instances such as for the dancer unit.

D

Deleted member

Just found out this exists. Did you skip the tutorial chapter that's a prequel to this prequel of a prequel?
I could do that, I lost my save when I was after the halfway point and I never really got back into it.

Also, vote Kelik for CYL3

Top Bottom