• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fire and Lightning Mafia 3: New Mods vs Old Mods! - Game Over New Mods win!

D

Deleted member

I apologize for not being here as much, lots of stuff happened that have been kinda killing my motivation to invest time playing. I'm feeling better now so I'll try to fix that.
I'm gonna try to do a reread of Nabe's posts posts to see if there was anything he said to make Scum target him.
At the same time, #HBC | Nabe #HBC | Nabe don't think you've given any theories yourself as to why you'd be targeted so I'd like to know if you have any.

#HBC | Nabe

Beneath it all, he had H-cups all along
Can't breathe, but the view is equal to the taste
I think it was a good play. The other team was most likely to choose Pythag, so picking me forces my death against a confirmed townie. Even if we No Lynch (which isn't a good idea), the spread is 4:2:2, but with a lynch it's 3:2:2. And because Pythag is still reserved as a confirmed townie, both teams can coordinate on Pythag for the next cap, forcing either a 3:2:2 or a 2:2:2. Pythag staying around for toDay wasn't a big issue, because town doesn't know where to look in the remaining pool of players anyway, much less hitting one of the two players in the scumteam that chose me.

As for who made the call, it's hard to say. Was it someone inexperienced, or was it someone experienced but not familiar with this particular game? Or, was it someone who was thinking like I laid out above? In an environment where no one is posting anything, it's a very tough call.

Vote: Wright for now. Z25 Z25

Let's generate some real talky-talk.
Sure what do you want to discuss?

Also something I want to add after reading your last post.

It is true that scum could push you over a confirmed townie, but why do you think they wouldn’t just both push for pythag? Whichever scum nominated you could then have saved you for a push later.

Maybe the scum is someone who knows your skills well but I’m not sure if that’s really what’s at play here. What do you think?

Maven89

Smash Master
Nabe was clearly chosen because a scum team figured this was a guaranteed way to get their own kill in.

I think Lady was entirely viable to lynch, but the way the slot was hammered was gross.

Wright, you mentioned Shish being a scum read but then immediately hammered Lady. Why

Uncap: Pythag

Nabe was clearly chosen because a scum team figured this was a guaranteed way to get their own kill in.

I think Lady was entirely viable to lynch, but the way the slot was hammered was gross.

Wright, you mentioned Shish being a scum read but then immediately hammered Lady. Why

I didn’t start feeling shish as a possible scum till today. My assistant was the one with the hammer. Which I agree with the vote based on how that day went down but overall I thought it be kind of surprising if lady was scum. There were any other possible leads or any post that stuck out to me, so I agreed with the lady lynch. I thought after bar’s reasoning it was probably the best vote town could have made.

As for my current shish read, like I said that came after. I wasn’t reading anyone really until today when I sat down and examined the slots left.

Right now my possible scum reads are glg and shish.

The formers posts have come off as odd to me, while the later would have decent reasoning to push nabe as the scum vote and helped the lady vote.

Pythag

BRoomer
BRoomer
Wright's behavior, and FE's behavior at the end of the day yesterday look mighty scummy to me.
Wright was wishy washy, yet ended up going on lady.

FE voted for GLG, until Chu posted about swining.
FE IMMEDIATELY voted off of that.
Either FE had a change of heart, or was putting a vote on GLG thinking that Lady was going to go down no matter what.
Could be scum buddies right there.

Scum partners : Chu/FE Wright/????

I'm just positing.

Wright seemed to be buddying up at the end, I wouldn't be surprised if he had actually going for a nintendo vote had I swapped my votes off of lady.

It's annoying being confirmed town because as Lady had pointed out, people will buddy up.

That's part of my lack of posting, the other part is I'm swamped.

thoughts?

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
Wright's behavior, and FE's behavior at the end of the day yesterday look mighty scummy to me.
Wright was wishy washy, yet ended up going on lady.

FE voted for GLG, until Chu posted about swining.
FE IMMEDIATELY voted off of that.
Either FE had a change of heart, or was putting a vote on GLG thinking that Lady was going to go down no matter what.
Could be scum buddies right there.

Scum partners : Chu/FE Wright/????

I'm just positing.

Wright seemed to be buddying up at the end, I wouldn't be surprised if he had actually going for a nintendo vote had I swapped my votes off of lady.

It's annoying being confirmed town because as Lady had pointed out, people will buddy up.

That's part of my lack of posting, the other part is I'm swamped.

thoughts?
could you post the post number of the bolded? I'm clueless and have no idea what swining means LOL

Pythag

BRoomer
BRoomer
I've been busy most of the day (preparing to move out in a week. Lots of boxes) and don't really know where my head is at in terms of the game, despite keeping up with the thread. I'm leaning more towards GLG at the moment. I'm kinda 50-50 on Von Whippingberg as both sides have brought up interesting points.

Vote GLG
hmmmm

to swing or not to swing

that is the question.

I'd feel bad murdering GLG LOL he said he had a 12 hour shift right???

Pythag

BRoomer
BRoomer
And I see I meant, swinging not swining. No swine are involved. Sorry for triple post.

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
OHHH swinging! I was genuinely convinced that swining was its own thing, like IDK guys we have wine in front of me WIFOM, I could see swining LOL

that is pretty sketch though, hmm

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
And I see I meant, swinging not swining. No swine are involved. Sorry for triple post.
oh triple posting is supposed to be bad??? sometimes it feels like my posts take up whole pages..... whoops LOL

Pythag

BRoomer
BRoomer
OHHH swinging! I was genuinely convinced that swining was its own thing, like IDK guys we have wine in front of me WIFOM, I could see swining LOL

that is pretty sketch though, hmm
You're relatively sketch as well. I don't think I've seen you actually add much to the conversation.

We know Lady is town, and she had a list of scummy people.
Nabe was on that list.
The mafia have probably put two and two together and realize that one of those teams is going to win, they're trying to figure out who.
It becomes simpler if they just let us find good targets for them during the night.

My hope is that if nabe flips scum, we can lynch not his scum partner, but one from the other team. This would give us another night of caps, and frustrate the plans of the mafia.

Mafia looks to be sitting around waiting for town to do work so they can hop on another lynch, which is almost exactly what I see Chu doing. A lot of talk of outside stuff, nothing really hard on anyone.

FE's sudden unvote at the thought of a swing also makes me uneasy.

Nintendofreak still seems to be figuring out the game setup, but hasn't contributed too much with regard to who he find's scummy. He has mentioned that Maven replaced a player, which could be displaying activity without actually doing anything.

Maven / Sky has next to 0 posts, so there's a ton of non info there. Not maven's fault, but doesn't help him.

Wright & Co. Law Offices Wright & Co. Law Offices Why were you hesitant to vote for Lady, but did so anyway? (Also in my above post I just murdered my grammar. My statement was, it seemed if I had switched to Nintendofreak. If neither were on your scum team you would've been happy with lynching either)

Chu - Do find any single person scummy? Why?

Fire Emblemier Fire Emblemier Why the sudden vote and then unvote on GLG last day?

#HBC | Nabe #HBC | Nabe I don't even know what to say,lol. it looks like you're gonna get capped without even a 'trial'. If you're mafia, you deserve it, if you're town, sorry.

You're relatively sketch as well. I don't think I've seen you actually add much to the conversation.

Nabe was on that list.
The mafia have probably put two and two together and realize that one of those teams is going to win, they're trying to figure out who.
It becomes simpler if they just let us find good targets for them during the night.

My hope is that if nabe flips scum, we can lynch not his scum partner, but one from the other team. This would give us another night of caps, and frustrate the plans of the mafia.

Mafia looks to be sitting around waiting for town to do work so they can hop on another lynch, which is almost exactly what I see Chu doing. A lot of talk of outside stuff, nothing really hard on anyone.

Nintendofreak still seems to be figuring out the game setup, but hasn't contributed too much with regard to who he find's scummy. He has mentioned that Maven replaced a player, which could be displaying activity without actually doing anything.

Maven / Sky has next to 0 posts, so there's a ton of non info there. Not maven's fault, but doesn't help him.

Wright & Co. Law Offices Wright & Co. Law Offices Why were you hesitant to vote for Lady, but did so anyway? (Also in my above post I just murdered my grammar. My statement was, it seemed if I had switched to Nintendofreak. If neither were on your scum team you would've been happy with lynching either)

Fire Emblemier Fire Emblemier Why the sudden vote and then unvote on GLG last day?

#HBC | Nabe #HBC | Nabe I don't even know what to say,lol. it looks like you're gonna get capped without even a 'trial'. If you're mafia, you deserve it, if you're town, sorry.
I wasn’t making most of the lady day posts. I was away saw bar took over and I didn’t get to discuss much with them. So I don’t know much on their thoughts towards lady. I do know he was keeping an eye on Nintendo to see how as a new player they would act and if there were any scum signs.

They thought that lady was a little sketchy and if not her then seeing Nintendo go may help narrow things down.

As for my personal thoughts, I thought bar made a decent case for last, but as I said I was away and not active in the thread while everyone discussed what they thought during the lady day phase.

As for Nintendo, I could see them as scum. Think statistically though, I feel the odds are they would more likely be town and I didn’t agree with lynching them, and right now I still don’t. There is not much to work with in regardless to that slot and I don’t want to push town towards a potential misplay. I wouldn’t be shocked though if they were scum. My reads aren’t always perfect, but i feel more of a null read on Nintendo with a slight town lean only because of the odds of a last minute addition feels more likely to be placed with town then scum.

Unless did I misremember? Is Nintendo just new or did they replace someone? I can’t remember and their lower activity makes remember much about their post quality. I’ll probably go and review more when this day ends to see where we go from there

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332

Nabe was on that list.

I honestly thought no one was going to join me on switching to GLG, since it was close to the end of the phase.

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332
Was honestly feeling like Von Whippingberg was town yesterday, but it was only a gut feeling, so I didn't really try to push somewhere else unfortunately.

Nintendofreak

Smash Cadet
Is Nintendo just new or did they replace someone?
It's both, I was a last minute sub when N0 started. This is also one of my first play by post mafia games.

but hasn't contributed too much with regard to who he find's scummy
As someone spectating more than participating trying to see how the game unfolds, I think that's been my biggest weakness. My fear, especially D0, was that if I named anyone for the lynch, I wouldn't know how to back it up as much as the veterans and just be lynched instead. In a game of social deduction, I realize this stance is most likely to lead to a loss.

If I had to say what I was thinking, it'd probably be a suspicion of Shish, but not because they voted me. I felt the disparity between my post on Lady's chart jumping to "no one asked for excuses" was a little strong. I guess I'll see what other thoughts I can bring to the table

D

Deleted member

Honestly didn't see much stuff that could justify a Nabe cap, he mostly pushed Lasy after a while. Though I hadn't really considered the possibility of Nabe being scum or scum thinking he was scum, hmm...

I'm still of the belief in lynching NF, the way he posts reads like "newbie", yeah, but more like "scum newbie" to me.
Other than him, I have my suspicions on Pokechu as well, though not as stronglt for now.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Votecount:
(2) Wright & Co Law Offices: Pythag, Nabe,
(1) Nintendo Freak: Shish
(1) GLG: Pokechu

Uncap:
(6) Pythag: Nabe, Shish, Wright & Co Law Offices, Fire Emblemier, Nintendo Freak, Maven89
(0) Nabe:

5/9 to lynch deadline by 5/13 1:00am

Wright & Co Law Offices has been Lynched

They were the Sinister Bardull of the Old Mods!

Pythag has been saved but Nabe did not survive.

Nabe dies from the incap and is revealed to be a Vanilla Townie. Nabe was incapped by the new mods

Deadline will be 1:20am CST 5/14 however I will open the thread at 9:00 am as I will not be awake at that time.

Last edited:

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332
incap Pythag

I'm surprised I was chosen given it seemed people thought I was most likely misynch bait for today. Anyway, no reason to not keep Pytag around as he's confirmed town.

Anyone think of a reason I was chosen?

D

Deleted member

Seems one of the scum teams is still intent on trying to get rid of Pythag.
Any thoughts as to Wright's partner could be? Though I think it could be more wise to go after the other faction, 1:1:X is always going to be more beneficial to us than 2:0:X.
Actually, if Fire Emblemier isn't scum, wouldn't we be down to 2 Town with a mislynch?

Nintendofreak

Smash Cadet

Actually, if Fire Emblemier isn't scum, wouldn't we be down to 2 Town with a mislynch?
That's correct, we're down to 4 town, and 3 Scum. I assume that either Mod faction still has be equal or more than the other players. So the 2 scum team would win if they were in a position of (them and 2 town), or (them and 1 town, other scum), correct me if I'm wrong #HBC | Red Ryu #HBC | Red Ryu

The other factor is removing the faction with 1 member left. If they get lynched, the other team gets kill power instead of the whole incap situation. Technically I think that would end the game in their victory this day if Fire Emblemier is town. They would get to kill someone and win

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332

That's correct, we're down to 4 town, and 3 Scum. I assume that either Mod faction still has be equal or more than the other players. So the 2 scum team would win if they were in a position of (them and 2 town), or (them and 1 town, other scum), correct me if I'm wrong #HBC | Red Ryu #HBC | Red Ryu

The other factor is removing the faction with 1 member left. If they get lynched, the other team gets kill power instead of the whole incap situation. Technically I think that would end the game in their victory this day if Fire Emblemier is town. They would get to kill someone and win
So in order for town to win we must lynch the faction with 2 players still alive?

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332
If say we pick correctly
The next day would be
3 town
1 new mod
1 old mod

If town dies from being capped and we lynch scum it would be
1 town
1 mafia
Which would result in a town loss.

So we need scum to be capped tomorrow in order to win.

Pythag

BRoomer
BRoomer
uncap pythag

So,
A lot depends on the FE flip. I really don't like the vote and unvote sandwiching pokechu at the end of D2, but I guess we will see.

Shishoe and GLG were on Lady's list.

Pokechu's posts :

416 - is alive
443- maven is replacing, no issues with nintendo
446 - joke
448 - lady is town, not enough time to read

482 - catching up, doesn't like glg
483 - GLG's activity is comprable to his. Yet GLG finds chu's activity suspicious
484 - GLG has no reason for picking him.
scum chum wouldn't put me on the plate - I find this suspicious. Are you referring to people calling you scummy, or the scum team capping you? either way I don't like seeing it as a defense.
Maven should be just as suspicious
486 - Maven and I are equal as far as suspiciousness because of activity
487 - has posted more than GLG, shouldn't be singled out
488 - nabe got capped cause he was onto something - ISO his posts (shish likes this)
489 - disregard that
490 - joke post.
491 - how does mafia win if there are 2 factions?
492 - how many townies do we need to continue?
493 - sarcasm
497 - hypothesis about why people were picked to be capped
498 - deadline extension
512 - joke
528 - what's swining, precious?
532 - finds FE sketch for vote/unvote
533 - triple posting is bad?

Pokechu seems far more concerned with defending himself against being scummy rather than search for scum.

Nintendo
Maven - 2 posts. One is introductory almost, but the other I like

Pythag

BRoomer
BRoomer
Well that's posted. By accident. I was more organizing thoughts I wasn't totally certain about building a case on pokechu, I was just trying to do a dive on the remaining people. Hang on a sec.

Pythag

BRoomer
BRoomer
Right now we have a 50/50 shot at hitting a mafia.
7 players, 3 mafia left, 3 townies, and me, the confirmed townie.

Currently I've got some working ideas on who's paired with who,
since one mafia is down though, I'd hate to give up that info right away, which would ultimately help them.

GLG you're not looking so hot to me
Pokechu I don't know what you're doing
Nintendofreak have you found a single person scummy yet?
Shishoe I really want to believe you're town.

GLG and Shis were on Lady's list. I'm not certain exactly what that means at this point, because Lady also found Nabe suspicious.

Pokechu could be crap-posting all the way to the bank as mafia
Nintendofreak could be noob walking all the way to the bank as mafia
Maven could be coasting all the way to the bank as mafia
Shishoe could be feigning town all the way to the bank as mafia
FE - is dead all the way to the bank, regardless of alignment.
GLG - gonna look at you
(some would say I overuse the phrase "all the way to the bank", they are incorrect)

I'm going to walk through some logic rn and see if there's any benefit to a NL in this situation. Ultimately it depends on the FE flip:
NL scenarios:

If he's town, and we NL, that puts us at 3v3 toMorrow
1v2v3
1 mafia on A team,
2 mafia on B team,
3 town.
(assuming they don't cap me or the same person, which would result in a 1v2v2, in which case the new mod team loses)

If he's old mods mafia, and we NL that puts at 3v3 toMorrow :
2v3 (because the kill will go through, mafia wins)

(2 mafia, 3 town) - a very tense game

If he's new mods mafia, that puts us at 3v3 toMorrow :
1v1v3

(1 mafia, 1 mafia, 3 town), best cast scenario

Now how does this change if we lynch?
Lynch scenarios :

If he's town, and we lynch a town
1v2v2, assuming they don't cap the same person.
(1 mafia, 2 mafia, 2 town )
This I don't think is unwinnable, but it's very hard.

If he's town, and we lynch a mafia
it's 1v1v2 (assuming they don't cap the same person.)
OR
it's 2v2 (this would result in town losing, because the mafia kill would go through the night)
we could literally lose if he's town and we lynch the wr

So, we're really REALLY in a pickle y'all.

What do y'all think about FE?

D

Deleted member

So basically, No Lynch is the safest option right now? I mean, it's the one option that doesn't have a chance of us waking up to an auto loss.
And did Mafia think FE is Town or Scum when they targeted him? Reading his posts in ISO right now, I could see them being interpreted as opposing scum, especially since it doesn't seem like there's any reason to go after a Town FE(doesn't seem like they ever pushed anyone too hard so it doesn't seem like they could be onto something, even if by chance).
Now the question is whether he really is scum or not.

Pythag

BRoomer
BRoomer
This is what Lady wrote earlier.
Fire Emblemier. They questioned the setup, voted for Zeke, and went for the Cop Cap. They questioned the setup more heavily than almost anyone else, which I believe I even questioned them about earlier.

Wright (*whip crack*). They questioned the cop cap, voted Zeke, and uncapped Toxic.

Giraffe. They questioned the setup, voted zeke, and uncapped toxic.

Shishoe. They questioned setup, voted Zeke, and uncapped toxic.

Nabe. They questioned the cop cap, voted Zeke, and uncapped Toxic.

N0 - Toxic / Pokechu,
D1 - Toxic dies, Zeke is lynched (votes for zeke in order : Toxic, Modx2, Nabe, Wright, Shishoe)
N1- Tom dies,
D2 - Lady is lynched (lady gives her chart out, as well as the quote above) (vote count in order : Pythag, Nabe, Shish
N2 - Nabe / Pythag
D3 - Nabe dies, Wright is lynched
N3 - FireEm / Pythag
D4 - ?????

So someone took her list, and is using it to scum hunt, at least that's what it looks like

Nabe. Fire Em, and Wright (though wright was a lynch) were all on her list.

On the list last is Shishoe and GLG.

Doing some re-reading.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Votecount:
Nothing

Uncaps:
(4) Pythag: Fire emblemier, Shish, Nintendo Freak, Pythag,