• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fire and Lightning Mafia 3: New Mods vs Old Mods! - Game Over New Mods win!

giraffelasergun

Smash Lord
At this point I’m leaning towards pokechu or Wright. Pokechu has really only came in to defend themselves on day one when they were capped, and then popped in at the end last day phase to say there were unhappy about the lady lynch but didn’t really do anything to make sure the lady lynch didn’t happen. While they were right in lady being town, it came across as more of a “I’m confident lady is town way” due to probability of lady being town if pokechu is in one of the mafias, then a reads thing.

Wright has definitely been someone who has given me pause most of the game, but I would need to dig into the earlier phases to remember why. But also don’t like the implication they made that maven was scum before maven even had a chance to post!

Wright & Co. Law Offices Wright & Co. Law Offices : There are a lot of clowns this game that I could see capping Nabe over pythag. I’m leaning toward your slot for it right now, and if not you maybe fire. You commenting on how you felt it was a weird move right away feels like a way to distance yourself from the effort of it tbh.

If I uncap pythag does that end the day phase or is that not how it works?

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
Hmmm

I finished my year at college

Finishing reading up soon

I'm still not liking GLG. I gotta abide by OMGUS and all. So I'll vote him until I get something better.

Love ya boo ;)

Vote GLG

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
idk guys GLG's just iffy to me, his activity isn't much better than mine (but maybe I'm overestimating myself HAHA LOOOL :joyful:), did he even discuss much about lynching lady? yet he's trying to use my inaction on Lady against me... if I'm not active it's not like I can do much to change the lynch right? LOL

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
also, he isn't applying much reasoning on picking me... if I was scum, obviously (...hopefully LOL) my scum chum wouldn't put me on the plate... so the B Team would've had to pick me. But there were like 11 people? in the game? 13? not sure... so that's like 1/9 chance or 1/11 chance (assuming B Team wouldn't pick themselves either)

and he's also saying to give Maven a chance, he hasn't posted much. But I haven't either? so he's saying that "pokechu hasn't posted much other than defending himself and saying lady was town, seems sketch" but also saying "maven shouldn't be poked at, he hasn't posted!"

D

Deleted member

also, he isn't applying much reasoning on picking me... if I was scum, obviously (...hopefully LOL) my scum chum wouldn't put me on the plate... so the B Team would've had to pick me. But there were like 11 people? in the game? 13? not sure... so that's like 1/9 chance or 1/11 chance (assuming B Team wouldn't pick themselves either)

and he's also saying to give Maven a chance, he hasn't posted much. But I haven't either? so he's saying that "pokechu hasn't posted much other than defending himself and saying lady was town, seems sketch" but also saying "maven shouldn't be poked at, he hasn't posted!"
Maven has had one Day in this game
You've had 3.
You two aren't comparable, buddy.

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
Maven has had one Day in this game
You've had 3.
You two aren't comparable, buddy.
mmmm that's not how I see things

we're both inactive. Therefore no conclusions can be drawn about either slot. We definitely are comparable imo. There's no reason to harp on one inactive but ignore another. That's like going to the store for milk but refusing to buy any because the milks they have expire a day or two before your last/current gallon does. It's still milk, it's not expired yet. What's the problem LOL

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325

we're both inactive. Therefore no conclusions can be drawn about either slot. We definitely are comparable imo. There's no reason to harp on one inactive but ignore another. That's like going to the store for milk but refusing to buy any because the milks they have expire a day or two before your last/current gallon does. It's still milk, it's not expired yet. What's the problem LOL
also still doesn't change the fact that throughout the game I've had more posts than GLG. granted, I have ****posted a little bit, but the point still stands that I've contributed just as much (if not more) to the game than him - so there's no reason for him to be singling me out as if I'm less active than him

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
also nabe obviously got capped because he was onto something, let's ISO his posts

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
oh. nevermind. it's never that easy, huh. all that was really talked about last phase was Lady Whip & Nae Nae.

sorry guys I can't crack this case, see you phase 4

LOL

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
hmmm

conspiracy theory :OoOoooooOOOO: nabe wasn't picked because he was onto something

he was picked because he was OFF something.... I might've had too many Coco Puffs in my breakfast! But maybe Team A realized Nabe was scum on Team B and capped him LOL that'd be hilarious

I swear I'm trying to gather my thoughts but I'M GONNA BE LIKE "CALLED IT" if nabe flips scum LOL

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
wait

how does mafia win this game?? is there like a link to this set's rules in the OP?? reading is fundamental

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
if there's like, four townies, but still the two mafia on each team, does the game end? or no?

it'd go on, right?

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
ohhhhh we'll find out after today!!!!

yeah let's lynch a townie then!! /s

I'll post some more thoughts and reads in a bit. I'm still tired from college.... a diet that is 99% noodles does not do you favors :(

D

Deleted member

Maven hasn't even had 24 hours and he replaced in.
also still doesn't change the fact that throughout the game I've had more posts than GLG. granted, I have ****posted a little bit, but the point still stands that I've contributed just as much (if not more) to the game than him - so there's no reason for him to be singling me out as if I'm less active than him
Not defending his inactivity though but when all you're doing is point out how many other users are more inactive than you, it doesn't really paint a great picture of you.
also nabe obviously got capped because he was onto something, let's ISO his posts
See, this is more like it.
hmmm

conspiracy theory :OoOoooooOOOO: nabe wasn't picked because he was onto something

he was picked because he was OFF something.... I might've had too many Coco Puffs in my breakfast! But maybe Team A realized Nabe was scum on Team B and capped him LOL that'd be hilarious

I swear I'm trying to gather my thoughts but I'M GONNA BE LIKE "CALLED IT" if nabe flips scum LOL
No, don't drop this, I definitely think there's merit to it.
If Maven was picked over a confirmed Townie, there must have been some reason for it. We should treat this like a Night kill and do a proper analysis of it.

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
Maven hasn't even had 24 hours and he replaced in.
i've hardly had 24 hours either, you wanna take my finals shish? >;(((((((((( take my calculus exams let's see what u make

LOL :joyful:
Not defending his inactivity though but when all you're doing is point out how many other users are more inactive than you, it doesn't really paint a great picture of you.
I'm too beautiful for pictures anyways
See, this is more like it.
No, don't drop this, I definitely think there's merit to it.
If Maven was picked over a confirmed Townie, there must have been some reason for it. We should treat this like a Night kill and do a proper analysis of it.
I was thinking this but I'm not sure what Nabe could've said that made him a huge threat, I'd have to reread but the day was really 99% Lady and that mislynch doesn't necessarily make Nabe look good LOL

not sure how I'm feeling about it

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
Well then, you try being a Film student haha nerd
awww I took some film classes before!! But I found it kind of exhausting LOL like getting all of the footage and then having to edit it all, piece it all together, etc...

you can keep your film classes, that stuff is HARD. kudos to you. you are a QUEEN
First of all, you may not be aware of the fact, but Tom is an OG in DGames and was more likely to be capped than Pythag by at least some of our cast. If any old player were on either of the two scumteams, they would be more likely to pick Tom over Pythag, leaving the other team with a coin flip. People also made a bigger deal of Tom returning to DG recently than Pythag (no offense intended, Pythag, your avatar is iconic as heck), meaning a scumteam without an old player was more likely to pick Tom, betting on the other team doing the same.
maybe this is what caught one of the team's eye? I was thinking this Day one too, there had to be a reason why Toxic and I were chosen to be capped first because that happened night 0, meaning that the scum teams had to go on prior history to decide the best cap. Keeping that in mind, who would cap who, might help imo

Not sure what to say in regards to the vote choices today. Maven is weird as a pick. And while my assistant maya bought up that it could nabe, it was anything concrete. As for some previous thoughts from me though.

I have a plausible reason as to why. If we look back at the previous day tom was killed due to both scum targeting him. Perhaps one of the teams thought they could get lucky again and remove pythag a confirmed townie?

It would remove a strong lead for the town imo. As for why the other team targeted maven. I think the likeliest reason is he is new and an easy dog to put out there.

Scum maybe wanted to cast doubt on and take advantage of the fact that maven was subbing for a totally inactive player. Thus scum could push an agenda to get rid of a blank slate, and save anyone else for later.

At least that’s how I’ve been thinking about this day.
As for the vote, it’s pretty bad either way. Unfortunately maven doesn’t have an advantage unlike pythag a confirmed townie.

I think chu could be onto something with the choice for maven but I’m not sure how that narrative would work or what scum would really be tho king if that plays out.

Lastly I really hope we get some discussion going to try and figure out more on today’s events

Not sure what to say in regards to the vote choices today. Maven is weird as a pick. And while my assistant maya bought up that it could nabe, it was anything concrete. As for some previous thoughts from me though.

I have a plausible reason as to why. If we look back at the previous day tom was killed due to both scum targeting him. Perhaps one of the teams thought they could get lucky again and remove pythag a confirmed townie?

It would remove a strong lead for the town imo. As for why the other team targeted maven. I think the likeliest reason is he is new and an easy dog to put out there.

Scum maybe wanted to cast doubt on and take advantage of the fact that maven was subbing for a totally inactive player. Thus scum could push an agenda to get rid of a blank slate, and save anyone else for later.

As for the vote, it’s pretty bad either way. Unfortunately maven doesn’t have an advantage unlike pythag a confirmed townie.

I think chu could be onto something with the choice for maven but I’m not sure how that narrative would work or what scum would really be tho king if that plays out.

Lastly I really hope we get some discussion going to try and figure out more on today’s events
I see some grammar I butchered so to fix it.

I meant vote not dog and thinking not thoking.

That should be all the grammar problems I just noticed after posting sorry about that

D

Deleted member

awww I took some film classes before!! But I found it kind of exhausting LOL like getting all of the footage and then having to edit it all, piece it all together, etc...

you can keep your film classes, that stuff is HARD. kudos to you. you are a QUEEN
Yeah, that's just the worst. Like, getting existing footage is sometimes even worse.

Maven wasn't targeted by Scum tho...

Yeah, that's just the worst. Like, getting existing footage is sometimes even worse.

Maven wasn't targeted by Scum tho...
Have I misunderstood ryu’s posts? I thought maven and pythag were cap votes. Which I thought scum chose? We also in addition get a normal vote to Lynch an additional person and to save one right?

Or have I just really poorly understood the game? It’s my first game with this style and honestly caps and uncaps confuse me. I thought it was basically the same as votes?

D

Deleted member

Have I misunderstood ryu’s posts? I thought maven and pythag were cap votes. Which I thought scum chose? We also in addition get a normal vote to Lynch an additional person and to save one right?

Or have I just really poorly understood the game? It’s my first game with this style and honestly caps and uncaps confuse me. I thought it was basically the same as votes?
I think you should reread the phase opening post

I think you should reread the phase opening post
Thank you, I had read through the last pages wrong. My mistake. I thought with the maven and pythag discussion it was between those two and that the idea nabe nominated maven was put out there. I read things a little backwards.

Then as for why Nabe would get chosen. Thats weird for a pick. Out of everyone here no one I can say has a solid motive to nominate him except maven who will target nabe in games a decent amount due to their history. I honestly think that’s unlikely however because maven just switched in. It be kind of obvious and a poor choice. What I said before can still be applied though such as how pokechu was maybe into something.

I wonder though, nabe is a smart player and we’ve seen what he can do as scum. Such as that silencer bull**** in Star Wars mafia.

So I wonder is this some type of mind game again where he nominated himself, expecting the other scum to pick someone else and that user go capped, this “clearling” nabe for being in the pool.

At the same time however I can’t see scum nabe not want to take a chance at pythag to make things harder on town. So I don’t know where to lean on that one in all honestly, but that’s some good for thought off the top of my head.

Nintendofreak

Smash Cadet
Uncap: Pythag

Not sure how most games go, but with a loss of the cop (the only power), there doesn't seem to be a lot to go off on. The whole Maven vs. Pokechu is interesting because Maven still replaced a player. Just because of the sub doesn't mean they have a less chance of being scum, or that it would be unfair to try and see where Maven lies, even if Pokechu has said more.

if there's like, four townies, but still the two mafia on each team, does the game end? or no?
I'd assume that each Mod team has to have a greater than or equal to presence versus the other teams to win. But it comes down to 2 v 2 scum, I'm not sure how that would end. We are dangerously close to figuring out the 4 town vs 4 scum (2 teams).

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
Vote for a deadline extension.
no! I am scum and I profit from this inactivity. Deal with it nabe!! :mad:

oh wait i wasn't supposed to say that. . . .

hehehe~ sure nabe~ deadline extension coming right up ;)

vote deadline extension

LOL

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Votecount:
(1) Wright & Co Law Offices: Pythag
(1) Nintendo Freak: Shish
(1) GLG: Pokechu

Uncap:
(5) Pythag: Nabe, Shish, Wright & Co Law Offices, Fire Emblemier, Nintendo Freak
(0) Nabe:

5/9 to lynch deadline by 5/12 1:00am

Deadline Extension: Nabe, Fire Emblemier, Pokechu, Wright & Co Law Offices
1 more for a 24 deadline extension.

Last edited:

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
vote deadline extension one year

this will be enough time guys.... right? :demon:

I’m don’t have anything definite proof wise, but I have some good ideas. Not sure if I want to name drop them. Honestly one of the ones I think could be it is shishoe.

As some who’s been around I could see them targeting you as they your skill level and honestly I could see them still be a bit upset after star mafia. No one has had any really poorly sounding posts imo though.

The pythag cap still puzzles me to a degree but I can see reason for why people here would target you.

What’s your thoughts though? Any ideas? Any posts you don’t like?

Also I’ve said it before but I’m fully trusting glg. They’ve been on the down low and they popped in day one asked a bunch of questions and left, which then led to the toxic fallout where he never showed up or commented on. Which is odd imo and makes me slightly weary

giraffelasergun

Smash Lord
I’m don’t have anything definite proof wise, but I have some good ideas. Not sure if I want to name drop them. Honestly one of the ones I think could be it is shishoe.

As some who’s been around I could see them targeting you as they your skill level and honestly I could see them still be a bit upset after star mafia. No one has had any really poorly sounding posts imo though.

The pythag cap still puzzles me to a degree but I can see reason for why people here would target you.

What’s your thoughts though? Any ideas? Any posts you don’t like?

Also I’ve said it before but I’m fully trusting glg. They’ve been on the down low and they popped in day one asked a bunch of questions and left, which then led to the toxic fallout where he never showed up or commented on. Which is odd imo and makes me slightly weary
Why did you drop maven from your pool when most of this day phase you’ve been assuming maven was the scum that decided to cap nabe?

Nintendofreak Nintendofreak who do you think we should lynch today and why?

giraffelasergun

Smash Lord

The difference between you and maven is that at the time maven was in the game for 12 hours, and to call maven scum off of the sole basis of “he might have capped nabe” just seemed like it was taking advantage of the fact that there was no content from the slot at the time. But now he’s been in the game for almost 48 hours so his lack of concerning is a little worrying.

wait

how does mafia win this game?? is there like a link to this set's rules in the OP?? reading is fundamental
I think it’s basically Mafia wins if there are two players alive in one faction when there are four people left, or if the final two is one mafia and one townie. Actually maybe if the final 2 is a member of both mafias they tie, but the main point is that we’re not close to lylo or mylo yet, but we should really make sure we lynch scum today because entering day 4 with four mafia and four town is going to be rough.

Why did you drop maven from your pool when most of this day phase you’ve been assuming maven was the scum that decided to cap nabe?

Nintendofreak Nintendofreak who do you think we should lynch today and why?
I never had maven in any pool. You read my posts backwards. I thought maven was chosen as the cap not nabe and made a post detailing why I thought he could be chosen. Shishoe showed me I misread though and that it was nabe not maven that was capped.

I never had any read on him. I honesty am pretty null right now on him.

Top Bottom