• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fire and Lightning Mafia 3: New Mods vs Old Mods! - Game Over New Mods win!

Nintendofreak

Smash Cadet
So do we No-Lynch and see how FE flips or do we try our odds at finding one of the New Mods.
I think it's risky either way, more so on the scum-hunting attempt, but do we even have a chance if we don't?
Guess I'll do some math:

We have:
4 Town, 2 NewMods, 1 OldMod

If we No Lynch:
  • If FE flips OldMod it becomes:
    • (4 Town, 2 NewMods, kill power N5) (Bad)
NewMods switch to kill power and kill confirmed Pythag N5. 3 Town vs 2 Scum, on D5 a mislynch/nolynch become a loss, etc​

• If FE flips NewMod it becomes:
    • (4 Town, 1 NewMod, 1 OldMod, incap) (OK/Bad)
We still have to worry about incaps, but there's potential for a win on D5 here. If one scum incaps another and the other gets lynched.​
This could still go south if double town incap, etc.​

• If FE flips town it becomes:
    • (3 Town, 2 NewMods, 1 OldMod, incap) (Bad)
In this scenario, on D5 things get interesting. We still have to worry about incaps, but the NewMods are close to winning outright it the incaps are in their favor or a mislynch occurs.​

So obviously we want FE to flip NewMod, but that's not in our control now. The only control we have is to decide to No Lynch and face one of these scenarios, or find one of the New Mods. None of the No Lynch scenarios end in an immediate loss, but some are worse than others.

If we lynch a OldMod we have
4 town, 2 NewMods

• If FE flips town
    • (3 town, 2 NewMods, kill power N5) (Lose)
  • If FE flips NewMod
    • (4 town, 1 NewMod, kill power N5) (OK)

If we lynch a town we have
3 town, 2 NewMods, 1 OldMod

• If FE flips town
    • (2 town, 2 NewMods, 1 OldMod, incaps) (very unlikely to win this, Bad/Lose)
  • If FE flips OldMod
    • (3 town, 2 NewMods, kill power N5) (Lose)
  • If FE flips NewMod
    • (3 town, 1 NewMod, 1 OldMod, incaps) (OK/Bad)
If we lynch a NewMod we have
4 town, 1 NewMods, 1 OldMod

• If FE flips town
    • (3 town, 1 NewMod, 1 OldMod, incaps) (OK/Bad)
  • If FE flips OldMod
    • (4 town, 1 NewMod, kill power N5) (OK)
  • If FE flips NewMod
    • (4 town, 1 OldMod, kill power N5) (OK)

These are mostly my math thoughts.
Lynch = "Risk of immediate loss, potential better scenarios"
No Lynch = "No risk of immediate loss, higher chance of bad scenarios anyway"

If we give Scum kill power, Pythag is dead. Just FYI

giraffelasergun

Smash Lord
I think the only reason we should lynch today is if we knew with certainty that someone is a NewMod, otherwise this might be too much of a risk, especially if fire isn't a new mod.

Have some more thoughts that I can provide once I can get home tonight, work has been a bit of a pain in the rear these past few days.

Pythag

BRoomer
BRoomer
These are mostly my math thoughts.
Lynch = "Risk of immediate loss, potential better scenarios"
No Lynch = "No risk of immediate loss, higher chance of bad scenarios anyway"

If we give Scum kill power, Pythag is dead. Just FYI
I agree with all of this.

So the question we should really be discussing is :

Do you think FE is town or scum, and why?

I would really like everyone to respond to that question, rather than if they think we should NL or not.

D

Deleted member

General vibe FE gives is that of scum coasting by tbh.
There's technically a higher chance of him being scum than not too, but it's important to remember there are three very inactive users which I'd say put chances of him being Town slightly higher as it's much more likely the scum is hiding in the inactives.

I'll go with... Town then. If nothing else, because we'd be prepared for the worst case scenario.

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332
I'm town, but I understand you can't rule out the possibility of me being scum. I will say you can guarentee that I am not Old mods as if I was there would be no reason to hide it as it would mean I already lost, so manipulating today's lynch wouldn't matter.

Given that we don't know who is an new mod member I'd vouch for a no lynch.

Pythag

BRoomer
BRoomer
I don't like that everything is a coinflip right now, but I'm rereading and trying to put things together.
FireEm, I keep writing your name as Fe, and it makes me want to give you the nickname Iron.

Who are you leaning as scum right now?

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332
I don't like that everything is a coinflip right now, but I'm rereading and trying to put things together.
FireEm, I keep writing your name as Fe, and it makes me want to give you the nickname Iron.

Who are you leaning as scum right now?
Yeah, I'm used to the nickname Fe around here, that and Fire. While I get the Iron joke I have yet to see anyone call me that or I just forgotten.

I'm leaning towards GLG as scum honestly. I feel he might be a safer bet as New mods since Wright seemed to be suspicious of him when he was alive

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
I'm alive!!!! part 2

feat. inactivity

I've just been SURPRISINGLY exhausted for some reason, I think I might've subconsciously gone in hibernation after college ended

but IDK I still kind of like Fire.... I'll try to reread the thread but I'm not sure I can post real thoughts in two hours, a lot's been on my plate RIP

Pythag

BRoomer
BRoomer
Interesting.
I was trying to figure out if we voted NL if the mafia would do the same, and literally we'd be in the exact same situation.
but it looks like even if one scum team doesn't put a vote in, the other one still can, but that single person would be voted on to be uncapped.

I don't know if we have to worry about them pulling this trick though.

Literally no one is posting anything.

Nintendofreak re-iterated what I wrote.
Shish is on lack of activity hunt.
Maven, GLG, and Chu are pretty nonexistant.

I regret lynching lady hardcore rn.

D

Deleted member

Interesting.
I was trying to figure out if we voted NL if the mafia would do the same, and literally we'd be in the exact same situation.
but it looks like even if one scum team doesn't put a vote in, the other one still can, but that single person would be voted on to be uncapped.

I don't know if we have to worry about them pulling this trick though.
I'm not sure what you're trying to get at here? What trick do you think scum would try to pull?

Nintendofreak

Smash Cadet
Personally I was worried that people would come out of the woodwork and start voting someone last night. It's the biggest reason I wanted to extend the timer since the conversation died down. I know you need 4 to lynch someone, but we had 3 very quiet people so, I didn't want to leave it up to them.

Pythag

BRoomer
BRoomer
I'm not sure what you're trying to get at here? What trick do you think scum would try to pull?
If we NL, mafia essentially NL, by not selecting anyone, leaving us in the same situation.

It was a very half baked idea. I don’t think they would do such a thing.

D

Deleted member

If we NL, mafia essentially NL, by not selecting anyone, leaving us in the same situation.

It was a very half baked idea. I don’t think they would do such a thing.
Oh you mean if they were to just not kill anyome during Night?

But regardless, we should decide whether or not we're gonna lynch someone toDay already.

Pythag

BRoomer
BRoomer
I'm almost equally suspicious of everyone rn.

Vote : No Lynch for the time being

Nintendofreak

Smash Cadet
Probably for the best, Vote: No Lynch

We got 1 or 2 messages from the people who had to be pinged again, but that's not really enough to do anything at this moment.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Votecount:
(1) Maven: shish
(2) No lynch: pythag, Nintendo freak

Uncaps:
(5) Pythag: Fire emblemier, Shish, Nintendo Freak, Pythag, maven,

Deadline 5/17 9:15 am Cst

Those are the votes gonna flip in a second

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
No lynch occurs,

Fire emblemier was not saved and flipped VT. They were targeted by the old mods.

You got until noon tomorrow for night actions.

D

Deleted member

Leaving a vote up when all that's needed for a majority lynch are 3 votes is not something I like to see at all tbh.
I might actually be for that
I'd question Maven's reasoning but it's basically confirmed he's scum now so imstead I'm just gonna ask you: why?

Top Bottom