• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fire and Lightning Mafia 3: New Mods vs Old Mods! - Game Over New Mods win!

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
:bobomb::alakadoof::bobomb::bubblebobble::bobomb::mad088::bobomb::gova::bobomb:

Welcome to Fire and Lightning Mafia 3: New Mods vs Old Mods!

Helpful Links
Newbie Guide | Basic Rules | Common Roles | Smashboards Mafia Archives

Rules

Fundamentals
  1. Have fun and do not personally attack another player in an offensive manner.
  2. Once you have died in the game, you are no longer allowed to make any more posts in the thread for any reason whatsoever.
  3. No communication about this game is allowed with non-players or players who are dead, even if you yourself are dead. (If you are dead, you may not discuss the game with anyone who is currently playing, even if you could while you were alive, unless your role specifically states otherwise.)
  4. Unless your role PM specifically allows you the power, you are not to communicate with anyone about this game outside of this game thread. This includes posting content outside of the game thread and linking to it in the game thread.
  5. Do not edit your posts. Double posting is completely fine in its place.
  6. I reserve the right to deny anyone from signing up/replacing.
  7. You are not allowed to quote any mod communication of any kind, real or fake. You must paraphrase all information you wish to claim. This includes any additional PMs I may send to you outside of your role PM. You are not allowed to post or refer to any images in your role PM, nor may you post metadata about mod PMs in an attempt to break the game (e.g., message ID in the URL, time of day the message was sent, etc.).
  8. You may not post screenshots of any kind. These will be immediately edited out by the mod.
  9. The use of non-English, invisible, hidden, coded, or otherwise intentionally hidden or indecipherable text is strictly prohibited. (Spoiler tags are allowed because they are easily noticeable. This rule is not meant to disallow breadcrumbing within the visible text of a message.)
  10. You may not quote logs of communication with other players. You are free to paraphrase.
  11. Failure to send in your night action(s) will result in no action(s) being taken.
  12. Failure to adhere to the rules will result in replacement or modkill based on the moderator's discretion.

Voting and Lynching
  1. Each Day, you may vote for a player to be lynched using a bold Vote command. For example, Vote: Teran.
  2. To unvote, use the command Unvote. For example, Unvote, Vote: Omni. You don't have to unvote before voting again.
  3. No Lynch is a viable lynch choice and a majority will end the Day without a lynch. For example, Vote: No Lynch.
  4. After the majority lynch has been decided but before the lynch scene is posted, there will be a Twilight phase. Everyone can post in this phase, including the lynch majority target. After the lynch scene is posted, the game will move to Night. In the event of hitting end of day it will lynch whomever has the most votes. First to reach it in a tie is lynched.
  5. The Day will end when a majority lynch is decided or a preset deadline has been reached. If deadline is reached without a majority lynch decided then whom ever has the most votes will be lynched. In the event of a tie, whomever reach the amount first will be lynched.
  6. There is no posting in this thread during the Night phase.

Activity and Deadline
  1. You are required to post every 48 hours. If you fail to do so, you will be prodded. An accumulation of too many prods (however much I think that is) will result in your replacement or a modkill depending on the circumstances. When feasible, I will tell you if I'm considering replacing/modkilling you if feasible. If you will be inactive for an extended period of time, you must notify me in advance. Unexcused or particularly long absences may result in your replacement or modkill.
  2. I will extend the deadline once in the effect a majority votes for the extension. The extension will be 1 day or less depending on circumstances. To vote for an extension, use the command Vote: Extension. There will be no extension if the deadline passes.
  3. In the event I need to replace a player, I may extend the deadline to accommodate the new player. If a new player cannot be found I shall mod-kill the player.
  4. Days will generally last 2 days.
  5. Nights will generally last approximately 24 hours. If you have a Night action and do not wish to use it, please send me a PM to that effect, lest I have to wait until the deadline for naught. Note that Nights will only end early if all actions have been submitted prior to the deadline, and all players have been online since the Night phase began.

Special Notes
This is an open 13 man set-up
the setup included:
2 Old Mod Goons
2 New Mod Goons
8 Vanilla townies
1 town comparison cop
I do confirm that all information relayed from the Game Moderator in public is strictly accurate

Sample Roles

Hello _______, welcome to Fire and Lightning Mafia 3 Old Mods versus New Mods..

Alignment and Role: You are aligned with town, you are a Vanilla townie.

Win con: You win when all threats to town are eliminated.

Hello _______, welcome to Fire and Lightning Mafia 3 Old Mods versus New Mods.

Alignment and Role: You are aligned with town, you are the Town Comparison Cop.

Powers: Each night, including n0 you may pick two players and compare their alignments. You will receive results as "same alignment" or "different alignment." You cannot compare yourself to others.

Win con: You win when all threats to town are eliminated.

Hello _______, welcome to Fire and Lightning Mafia 3 Old Mods versus New Mods.

Alignment and Role: You are aligned with Old/New Mods, You are an Old/New Mod Goon.

Powers: Each night, including n0 you may pick one player to incap. That player will be a part of the uncapping vote. If you target the same player as the other faction that player will instead die. If the other mafia factor has been eliminated this will change to a full on night kill.

Win con: You win when you have a an equal or majority voting rule over town.

Player list:
1. Pokechu
2. Tom
3. Wright & Co. Law Offices
4. Pyra
5. Sky_B
6. Zeke the Zekenator
7. giraffelasergun
8. Toxic Behavior
9. Pythag
10. Fire Emblemier
11. NeoTermina
12. Nabe
13. Shish (temp)

Replacements:

You uncap with the command uncap: name and remove it with unvote uncap
The player with the most uncap votes lives, the other dies.
If neither player has any uncap voted on them both will die.
In the event of a tie, the player who got to the number first will live and the other will die.
When an uncap player dies, it will flip with info of which faction they where targeted by.

Last edited:

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Oops was just trying to save this for later to post, oh well it’s out there now let’s see how we go about this for sign ups.

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
I wanted to make the new world record for /in'ing a game once it's been posted LOL oops sorry :laugh:

Dooplissity

BRoomer
BRoomer
lol this got posted JUST after I **** on multiball games

Setup is interesting tho

giraffelasergun

Smash Lord
just to clarify,

Day 1 town chooses who to lynch out of anyone, night one each mafia nominates a person to be lynched, day 2 town votes on one of those two to save?
Does it go to a anyone lynch on day 3 or mafia choosing again day 3?

D

Deleted member

The **** is an uncap? Same conditions as Werekill though, I'll be in if my game has finished by the start

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
So wait. If this is mods vs. mods, but I'm an admin now, am I even allowed to take part? Feels more like I should be arbitrating such a thing. :p

also what Shish and Werekill said, I'll join only if this starts after the current game is done.

Hey someone should hydra with me, I kinda wanna try that and see how it actually works, also because I sucked in the last few games I played so

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
just to clarify,

Day 1 town chooses who to lynch out of anyone, night one each mafia nominates a person to be lynched, day 2 town votes on one of those two to save?
Does it go to a anyone lynch on day 3 or mafia choosing again day 3?
Day 0 mafia picks two people to mark, one of them will die at the end of the day. If one mafia dies

There is still a normal lynch everyday.

Dooplissity

BRoomer
BRoomer
/in, came to my attention after somebody couldn't handle the pressure of MMA and thought it would be a fantastic idea to lock the thread for further replies.
yeah it would be nice if someone didn't decide to plunge every game I play here

it's a forum game guys, chill out

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
/in, came to my attention after somebody couldn't handle the pressure of MMA and thought it would be a fantastic idea to lock the thread for further replies.
That's a big oof.

I'm not going to comment on the locking, people in particular, or anything like that. But I will /out of this game, sorry Red Ryu. If MMA is how people play this game nowadays, then it isn't my cup of tea anymore.

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
False alarm, I jumped to conclusions and figured either Werekill or Pokechu locked the thread because they were the two in the argument. Turns out it was Moydow stepping in as a third party.
Neither of us have mod powers in there, so luckily that didn't happen. I think using mod powers like that would be an instant reason to demod.

Dooplissity

BRoomer
BRoomer
Neither of us have mod powers in there, so luckily that didn't happen. I think using mod powers like that would be an instant reason to demod.
yup, 100%. Anyone doing that should get their powers revoked. Fortunately, that's a non-issue because everything ended up being fine after all.

BarDulL

Town Vampire
Annnnnnnnnnd let's get back on topic, specifically Ryu's game.

(If you guys really want to talk about it still then open up a DM with me/Moy related to any concerns on modding, or go to Forum Support).

Last edited:

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
So is there like no spectator/graveyard chat at all? Because I read Rule 3
No communication about this game is allowed with non-players or players who are dead, even if you yourself are dead. (If you are dead, you may not discuss the game with anyone who is currently playing, even if you could while you were alive, unless your role specifically states otherwise.)
In any case, i'll see based on how quickly MMA ends.

Last edited:

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
So is there like no spectator/graveyard chat at all? Because I read Rule 3

In any case, i'll see based on how quickly MMA ends.
I’ll make a green room/graveyard. Just for people in game it’s a, no talking without my permission.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Day 4: I still don't know what an uncap is.
Both mafia teams pick someone to “cap” one of these people will die. Who gets to live depends on the votes from town. This replaces a traditional mafia nightkill.

This only changes when both teams target the same person or one of the teams dies. Then you get a traditional night kill again.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Yes just let me know what account you are using and who you are hydraing with before you sign up.

#HBC | Red Ryu #HBC | Red Ryu , are you starting immediately after MHA mafia? Because I have a game of Spirits Ricochet (mentioned multiple times in the QD Rico) that I thought was going to happen right after as well. I didn't want to rush the post, but I have time to write out the OP, so it'll be out today.
I'm gonna start once I have 13 people.

UtopianPoyzin

Smash Master
Writing Team
Not sure, I’ll get back to you when I find out.
Switch FC
SW 1975-0838-2970
The **** is an uncap? Same conditions as Werekill though, I'll be in if my game has finished by the start
Ricochet is easy to play and do other things, but mafia is tough. Don't know how I'll be able to commit ^^. I put a ton of work into SpiRico and already subconsciously planned on going after MMA. Sorry Red...

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Anyone want to hydra?

Must like:

Memes
Asian cuisine
Pizza
Horses
Cows
Buffalo wings
Anyone want to hydra?

Must like:

Memes
Asian cuisine
Pizza
Horses
Cows
Buffalo wings
Let’s see;

I like memes
Egg rolls are good
Your automaticly scum if you don’t like pizza your scum.
I rode horses
Cows are yummy
Buffalo wings are my favorite.

;p

But I’d be interested

BarDulL

Town Vampire
Let’s see;

I like memes
Egg rolls are good
Your automaticly scum if you don’t like pizza your scum.
I rode horses
Cows are yummy
Buffalo wings are my favorite.

;p

But I’d be interested
Sure let’s do it

I’ll get the paper work ready and send it off to MoyMoy

Will send you a PM in a bit to decide the name

Top Bottom