• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fiora for SSB4 DLC [Xenoblade spoilers] - CONFIRMED FOR PROJECT X ZONE 2!!!

S.F.L.R_9

Smash Master
NNID
suffler9
3DS FC
0061-1006-1500
Yeah, I also see Fiora as the most likely Xenoblade character. Melia has a lot going for her, but Fiora has more going and her only problem is spoilers, but we know by now that Sakurai does not care in any way about them. XCX is too recent, but I could still see Elma or Cross happening. I don't see Dunban happening at all - sure he's popular, but I've noticed in the past that Sakurai tends to value the story value of a character over their popularity (for example, :4robinm::4lucina: got in over Chrom, :rosalina: over Toad, etc)

However, Fiora has both popularity AND story value going for her. I don't want to be toooo optimistic, but I really feel that we might be seeing Fiora as DLC not too far in the future. It also helps that we've been spamming the ballot with Fiora votes :^)

ES. Dinah

Smash Ace
I hope you guys haven't been spamming on the same IP. I really want Fiora to get in since she is more likely than my first choice :p

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
I doubt it. They've been targeting her brother and all the deconfirmation bullets have hit him so far -- first getting the Chrom treatment aka final smash appearance, then the Mii costume. Realistically Dunban is in more of a Ridley situation -- Sakurai prob feels he can't do Dunban justice because canonically he has a disability (bad arm) and well...just imagine his recovery. Yeah. I'd think he could consider Fiora or Melia or a XCX character. But of all them, Fiora is more likely imo. Wouldn't mind Melia or Elma or Cross though. (Why not all or most of them?)

Inb4 Dunban is too big :troll:
I never really thought about it that way, Dunban being amputated puts him in a terrible situation to be playable in Smash. Then again, how the hell would he throw items or grab ledges if his good arm is holding a blade? :troll:

While she may not be as popular as Reyn or Riki (Who both aren't that requested in the Ballot), Fiora aides have uniqueness with her dual blades and various armor forms going for her. But the real problem is making her stand out or get more votes, perhaps a "Vote for Fiora" campaign can work and have her voice actress retweet the image. It may not be that much, but it would be enough to boost her popularity (even with the 3D Xenoblade remake on the horizon).

ES. Dinah

Smash Ace
It is seriously hard to campaign for a character that is not K.rool, haha. I would be all for that, tbh. The OP is very well detailed and it does show that she has lots of support from Xeno fans. Try twitter or anything like that :)

S.F.L.R_9

Smash Master
NNID
suffler9
3DS FC
0061-1006-1500
While she may not be as popular as Reyn or Riki (Who both aren't that requested in the Ballot), Fiora aides have uniqueness with her dual blades and various armor forms going for her.
There was a reddit poll for what DLC character you'd like to see and actually, Fiora was the most voted for Xenoblade character! Perhaps she's more popular than we originally thought~

ES. Dinah

Smash Ace
There was a reddit poll for what DLC character you'd like to see and actually, Fiora was the most voted for Xenoblade character! Perhaps she's more popular than we originally thought~
That reddit poll also had Shovel Knight first and I can bet that dupe accounts were doing that :p

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593

Since this is the only good Fiora illustration that isn't fanart and involves her Mechon Form, this is exactly what I'm going to use as a template for the "Vote for Fiora" image. What I really need to know is a fancy tagline before adding that along with the ballot's official website. I was going to use the same font that @Erotic&Heretic used for his "Vote for Medusa" image, but it isn't coming off as cheap as I've expected. Using the black font from the official Smash bros. webite out to do the trick since it should have that eye opening factor. I've been thinking of using some colors for the text that reflects the various forms that her Mechon Armor has in terms of flashy text.

Any suggestions guys?

ES. Dinah

Smash Ace

Since this is the only good Fiora illustration that isn't fanart and involves her Mechon Form, this is exactly what I'm going to use as a template for the "Vote for Fiora" image. What I really need to know is a fancy tagline before adding that along with the ballot's official website. I was going to use the same font that @Erotic&Heretic used for his "Vote for Medusa" image, but it isn't coming off as cheap as I've expected. Using the black font from the official Smash bros. webite out to do the trick since it should have that eye opening factor. I've been thinking of using some colors for the text that reflects the various forms that her Mechon Armor has in terms of flashy text.

Any suggestions guys?
Uhm, that is her Speed V gear though and it would really take a lot for Sakurai to include that in Smash. I mean, we got ZSS's bra and shorts but this is over the top HOT, if you know what I mean. A Tagline? Hmm... How about "Fiora Reactivates" or "Fiora gets wild"

I'm not sure if that is what you are looking for >.>

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Uhm, that is her Speed V gear though and it would really take a lot for Sakurai to include that in Smash. I mean, we got ZSS's bra and shorts but this is over the top HOT, if you know what I mean. A Tagline? Hmm... How about "Fiora Reactivates" or "Fiora gets wild"

I'm not sure if that is what you are looking for >.>
The thing is that I'm trying to avoid using fanart for the background and using the more official stuff. There is that one image with both Shulk and Fiora's Homs form as an alternate choice since most of her other official material is still risqué.

As for the tag lines, I'm looking for something more motivating and long for the image. For example, Erotic's image had "Help Medusa Celebrate Her Homecoming Party" and it suits the character since it's a line that she actually used. I need something that can be as long and "motivative" as that on the image as long as it suits her character.

S.F.L.R_9

Smash Master
NNID
suffler9
3DS FC
0061-1006-1500

Any suggestions guys?
Awesome job on that picture.

How about:
- Help Fiora go all out!
- Press your votes for Fiora on and on and on!
- "I can do it, I know I can!" - Help Fiora win the Fighter Ballot!

I think it's a good idea that you're using official art btw. Just in case you use that picture of Shulk and Homs Fiora that you mentioned, I think you should refer to her on it as Fiora (Mechon) just so it's clear we're asking for Fiora in her Mechon form and not Homs.

ES. Dinah

Smash Ace
I see. How about "We're not getting anywhere!" "Help Fiora Press on and on and ON!"

Alternatively: "Sometimes you just want the smash ballot to get wild" "Vote for Fiora in smash"

I'm just using any quote she says now...... haha.

What about this image?

Last edited:

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
The pressing on and on quote would be pretty misleading, especially with the obvious cleavage Fiora has in that fan art.
Using fan art in her more combat ready pose and use the quote there, something similar to Fiora when she is in maximum tension.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
I see. How about "We're not getting anywhere!" "Help Fiora Press on and on and ON!"

Alternatively: "Sometimes you just want the smash ballot to get wild" "Vote for Fiora in smash"

I'm just using any quote she says now...... haha.

What about this image?

That image can work, especially since her Smash trophy replicates it.

"Pressing on and on" would be perfect to convince people to vote multiple times. Now that's what I call a tag line. :troll:

Robertos0511

Smash Rookie
+1 to "Pressing on and on" for the tagline. Gives a nice positive image and it at least makes it seem like we're making progress. :p

Also for a suggestion for the intro screen sorta thing (No idea what to call it XD, I just mean that sorta intro screen each of the fighters get.) I'd suggest "Fiora shifts into gear for battle" (Variation of her "Shift it into Second Gear!" Quote (Also please don't kill me if I misquoted her, it's been ages since I last played her in Xenoblade, I'm currently playing Xenoblade on my 3DS but I haven't reached her yet :p).

ES. Dinah

Smash Ace
+1 to "Pressing on and on" for the tagline. Gives a nice positive image and it at least makes it seem like we're making progress. :p

Also for a suggestion for the intro screen sorta thing (No idea what to call it XD, I just mean that sorta intro screen each of the fighters get.) I'd suggest "Fiora shifts into gear for battle" (Variation of her "Shift it into Second Gear!" Quote (Also please don't kill me if I misquoted her, it's been ages since I last played her in Xenoblade, I'm currently playing Xenoblade on my 3DS but I haven't reached her yet :p).
It is shifting into second gear! Shame on you. Nah, just kidding. For her intro screen I would actually prefer 'Fiora Reactivates for battle" or "Fiora gets wild" Sakurai even put her Mechon body as a trophy so it isn't spoilerific anymore :p

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
I don't think fanart should be used since most fan artists don't take well to having their work used without permission. :s

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
I don't think fanart should be used since most fan artists don't take well to having their work used without permission. :s
That wasn't really fan art, it was more of the illustrations made by the artists of Xenobalde Chronicles. Though I'm going with ES.'s suggestion on using Mecha Fiora's official artwork since the official illustrations involving similar forms were a bit too risqué to begin with.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593

As promised, the "Vote for Fiora" image is done and looking for feedback. I've used colors on the font (Which is based on what you see on the o Smash Bros. website as opposed to the more expensive "tagline" text) to reflect the various armors she had in this form like brown, red, green, and silver (Which is used for the official website to have the metallic look). I really hope the website itself doesn't look too hard to and read and I'm open to use another color in general.

Overall, what needs more work?

whenUC_da_LIGHT

Smash Cadet

As promised, the "Vote for Fiora" image is done and looking for feedback. I've used colors on the font (Which is based on what you see on the o Smash Bros. website as opposed to the more expensive "tagline" text) to reflect the various armors she had in this form like brown, red, green, and silver (Which is used for the official website to have the metallic look). I really hope the website itself doesn't look too hard to and read and I'm open to use another color in general.

Overall, what needs more work?
it needs a background at least

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Hey Azure, I'm so glad you used my suggestion! It needs a background and it is good, imo. Grassy gaur plains!
The poster looks ok, it needs a background to make it a bit more flashy, and I think it will work.
Alright, grassy Guar Plains background it is. I can already imagine how beautiful it would look when I'm finished with it. Be right back since I have some errands to run for the night anyway.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
GUYS
LOOK WHAT @TheRealHeroOfWinds MADE

IT IS GLORIOUS :love:

I'll add it to the OP when I have time ~
Glorious indeed, I might have this in my signature if it isn't for the current one I have. Now every supporter needs to start having this to spread awareness.

As for what I'm doing, I'll still go for the grassy background since it would look the most natural (Plus major fanservice for the Xenoblade fans).

S.F.L.R_9

Smash Master
NNID
suffler9
3DS FC
0061-1006-1500
Guys, I'm thinking that between Azure Warrior's Vote for Fiora image and the one that Rie just posted...if we sig them, we should probably put them in a spoiler right? If so, maybe we should all use this

just so people who don't want Xenoblade spoiled can still know about her as a possibility for DLC, and then we can put the Mecha Fiora ones in a spoiler. Just a thought~

Jae

You're outta luck, buddy
Very shiny... I lorve it~

A part of me wished that our walking spoiler wasn't so much a... walking spoiler, as I feel like it sort of hinders our efforts to advertise our support. o3o

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Now that I think about it, the Claus support thread mentions him being the Masked Man in the title...should we perhaps go all out with Mecha-Fiora in the title? I suppose we could ask the mods for a consensus on spoiler policy. Dunno.

S.F.L.R_9

Smash Master
NNID
suffler9
3DS FC
0061-1006-1500
Idk, personally I think we should leave it as a spoiler for now. The other day, my friend who wants to play Xenoblade said he got spoiled that Fiora is revived and he was so upset. I wouldn't want us doing that to anyone else. If she gets in as a spoiler then it'll become a well known spoiler like Sheik/Lucina and it's on Sakurai, not us. I think we should just leave it alone for now

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Guys, I'm thinking that between Azure Warrior's Vote for Fiora image and the one that Rie just posted...if we sig them, we should probably put them in a spoiler right? If so, maybe we should all use this

just so people who don't want Xenoblade spoiled can still know about her as a possibility for DLC, and then we can put the Mecha Fiora ones in a spoiler. Just a thought~
I can see that being a major issue, many people are just now getting chance to play the game and I doubt that many people had bought if or their "New" Nintendo 3DS yet. Having the ones involving Mecha Fiora should probably be spoilered on this very website while those with her Homs form can easily be spread.

Now that I think of it, I wouldn't mind making a Homs And Mechon version of the image that I'm doing. It seems like the right way to go since I can spread it in a way where not many people would be exposed to a major spoiler (especially one that would be highly suitable for Smash).

S.F.L.R_9

Smash Master
NNID
suffler9
3DS FC
0061-1006-1500
Now that I think of it, I wouldn't mind making a Homs And Mechon version of the image that I'm doing. It seems like the right way to go since I can spread it in a way where not many people would be exposed to a major spoiler (especially one that would be highly suitable for Smash).
Aw, that's very thoughtful of you. Thank you so much.

...The only problem is that I'm having trouble fitting everything in my signature xD

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
I'll let you guys known that I'm done with both the Homs and Mecha Fiora images, though it will be best to share them tomorrow since I can tell it's late for everyone in this thread. I'll just say that it is worth the wait since they look rather eye-catching (Though the Homs one gave me the most trouble due to how wide the render was and trying to avoid any of her knives from being cut out the image). In the mean time, I bid you all good night. ;)

Last edited:
Top Bottom