• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

FinOlimar Q&A Thread! (Check OP before posting)

asob4

Smash Champion
you don't live in a talented region you wouldn't understand loool <3
it gets annoying playing an MK every round :/

NNID
Budget_Player
our MK's are super pro
only olimains with jewfros can beat them
<3 rich
Hey, I have a jewfro!

Anyways, I'm here because of my friend. He wants to know what he's supposed to do with TL against my olimar. AKA scrub *****ing about oli's grabs. >.< Every advance is stopped by simply grabbing and throwing, and he can't camp me effectively.

Fino

Smash Master
Hey, I have a jewfro!

Anyways, I'm here because of my friend. He wants to know what he's supposed to do with TL against my olimar. AKA scrub *****ing about oli's grabs. >.< Every advance is stopped by simply grabbing and throwing, and he can't camp me effectively.
Tell him to start liking men. It usually helps most tlinks.

On an actual note, if he quickdraws his lands you can't grab him. Same is true with zair camping

~Fino

Sushi3

Smash Apprentice
I have a friend who plays olimar, and all he does is spam pikmin, then c-stick and sg when I get close. Is there anything I can do? I usually play as diddy, but he just shields everything I try to hit him with.

BOB SAGET!

Smash Lord
Throw bannanas! Make sure he doesnt get them first.

Anyway I have a question, I have a guy in my crew who mains ike. We play on wifi, all he ever does is fair and double jjc! And because of the lag it's hard for me to dodge and set up grab combos if he misses. What do i do?

Plasma Pikmin

Smash Apprentice
All I ever do against Ike is sheildgrab. He can't really do anything to approach, all of his approaches can be shieldgrabbed. Wifi sux, but just got to accept the faults of it when you choose to play it. =\

¤Vivi Orunitia¤

Smash Apprentice
Right now, my friend is practicing on making his Sonic more defensive so I thought that it'd be a good idea. But I was horribly right, and now his Sonic is becoming an issue for me, help plz.

kirbywizard

Smash Hero
3DS FC
0989-1847-5768
While playing on wifi what do you have the most trouble doing?
Usually when I play on wifi the lag is not to bad but it is still there. The whistle armor is not to hard to to do but I find ppivot grabbing anoying to do. What are the main problems with using oli on wifi?

Plasma Pikmin

Smash Apprentice
I mainly have trouble Grabbing, Dthrow -> Hyphen and other grab combos (Dthrow -> Fair comes out as Ftilt >_>), and Whistle Armor timing can be hard, which can screw you over.

Zori

Smash Champion
I mainly have trouble Grabbing, Dthrow -> Hyphen and other grab combos (Dthrow -> Fair comes out as Ftilt >_>), and Whistle Armor timing can be hard, which can screw you over.

there is nothing you can do about this once you have gone from wifi to online this always happens, it sucks

you have to trick your mind and wait a little after you downthrow then when you get on wifi you have to remember not to wait @_@

wifi sucks

Ledge_g2

Smash Ace
Awsome, do you know n e more by any chance? maybe with a white Dthrow @ higher % maybe? or if you grab them @ 0 a bit further away from the edge and do Dthrow -> Fair -> Dthrow(white) -> Dair, or maybe something not relying on a grab? lol thanks for any ideas :)

Jim Morrison

Smash Authority
I need a bit of help.
I have trouble killing as Olimar when I can't grab with either a Purple or a Blue. My F-smash is usually stale because I've been tippering for spacing a lot. F-air kills at 150% or something which usually what I kill with. You'd think "why not just use U-smash?". Well, whenever I try to U-smash I'm either out of range or they block it :/. (or it's a white <_<) Are there are any traps/set-ups to get U-smashes in at around 110%?
If not, are there more reliable ways to kill?

Dabuz

Fraud at Smash
You mean landing canceled, or really just SH N-air to U-smash? I doubt that works, it knocks them away quite far.
landing canceled

ledge: at extremely low %s(around 10) near the edge do dthrow->fair->then either dair, fastfalled dair, or shorthop dair, its a pretty awesome combo ive pulled of here and there(very situational and hard to time, very)

Noa.

Smash Master
Keep blues, reds, and purples when you're opponent is at Kill percents. Get rid off yellows and whites.

When the opponent is at high percents throw the white pikmin when it's queded at your opponent immediately so that he can kill it when he knocks it off. If you can't throw it at your opponent just throw the white offstage. Just a precaution so you don't waste a kill move on a white.

Ledge_g2

Smash Ace
Thanks dabuz,

2 questions since the IC matchup is outa date imo,

if i get hit into the air against IC what is the safest way to land without getting grabbed? it seems to be a tech chase in there advantage and if they win its a stock lost.

also how do i get past there desync jumping blizzard thing?, i read that you jump over and Nair but can you actually do that to the jumping blizzard because the hitbox is so high? if they manage to shield it its a free grab for them and a lost stock :(.

cheers for any help :)

Fino

Smash Master
Thanks dabuz,

2 questions since the IC matchup is outa date imo,

if i get hit into the air against IC what is the safest way to land without getting grabbed? it seems to be a tech chase in there advantage and if they win its a stock lost.

also how do i get past there desync jumping blizzard thing?, i read that you jump over and Nair but can you actually do that to the jumping blizzard because the hitbox is so high? if they manage to shield it its a free grab for them and a lost stock :(.

cheers for any help :)
Try to Nair behind them when landing if they're close by. Otherwise use things like platforms and ledges to avoid landing near them.

**** I'm so tired

*falls asleep*

~Fino

Ledge_g2

Smash Ace
hmm ok thanks Fino ill give that a try.
So once im on the platform, to regain ground control do i wait for them to try to SH Uair before i walK off the platform and land before they get a chance to react?
because i tried landing on a platform but they just waited for me to try to get on the ground from there and followed where i move.

BOB SAGET!

Smash Lord
I have an important question. I main pikachu and olimar. Based on matchups, who should be my secondary?

Noa.

Smash Master
I don't know much about Pikachu's bad matchups but I know Olimar's.

Olimar has three matchups worthy of a secondary. Peach, Luigi and Mk. Snake goes around even with Mk and Luigi and beats Peach 60:40. Though some Peaches have lately been doing better against Snake. But your typical Peach loses to Snake. Marth beats both Luigi and Peach pretty badly. As long as you can handle Mk Marth is a solid secondary for Olimar.

Noa.

Smash Master
DK Marth is even or 55:45 DK if I remember correctly.

ROB isn't that bad of a matchup for Olimar. That ratio is really outdated. ROB is just takes a while to get used to due to his good range and decent gimping abilities. I'm starting to get a hang of the matchup. Shieldgrabbing doesn't work too well, but normal grabbing does pretty well actually.

Top Bottom