• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Finishing Wobbles Properly

Lunar Dusk

Smash Rookie
Hey everyone. This Saturday, you might have watched the Canadian tournament LAN ÉTS feat. Leffen the Savage. Towards the end of the day, I had to fight a Sheik player by the tag of Tranimal that played his Peach secondary to get in top 8.

I don't want this to sound like I'm johning, but I'm pretty sure I'd have won if I did not drop the end of my wobbles. At the end of game 1, I grabbed his last stock, wobbled to 120-something percent, dropped the finisher, and lost the game. This is the most extreme failure, but you get the point: I can't finish properly.

's what she said

Anyway, what I want to know is: What is the best, most consistent way to finish wobbles? Taking into account the potential for Smashes to be stale and considering I don't keep track of that in my head, what is the surest way to finish them?

Last edited:

Epic!

Smash Rookie
What's up dude, I watched that set vs Tranimal and it was really sad to see. Anyway, there are 2 ways to finish Wobbles consistently.

You probably already know this but when you wobble, the "A"s you input on your controller are delayed from the ones you see on screen. What I mean by this is that when you stop pressing A when you see one climber do its Pummel/Tilt, the other one will do its move once still. Once you know that, you can use a visual cue to end your Wobbles.

The first method (which is the one I do 99.9% f the time) is when you see nana do her Tilt, you start mashing Down on your C-Stick. Popo will still do his pummel because of the delay I mentioned above and Nana will do her Down Smash right after. It might be technically more optimal to use F smash because it has more knockback and if you mess up your timing and do a throw with Popo, the F throw lasts long enough for you to get an F smash with Nana if you mash your C stick, which isn't the case with Down throw and down smash. I still use Down because it's easier to get used to IMO.

The other way you can do is wait for Popo to do a Pumel, then stop pressing A, wait for Nana to land her Tilt, then Do the classic Down Throw to F smash. This one is a little less reliable because the timing of the Smash is way more strict if the character is light (like Puff). It still works really well on characters like Peach or heavier.

You just gotta get used to the visual cues and find the correct timing for each method. Your smash attacks will kill pretty much any character when they're over 200% whatever the staling is. Anyway you can technically go up to 300% so do it if you want to be sure lol.

Hope this helps!

SamSun

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3823-8695-2370
I think people overcomplicate this way too much.
wait until you see popo pummel -> immediately press down on the yellow stick.

not sure why you would do anything else. I mained IC's for ~6 months and didn't ever miss it in tournament.

Pgud

Smash Rookie
I usually wait for the end frames of nana's f-tilt and then d-throw > f/u-smash, if you make sure you're hitting them right when they leave the grab you'll never have to worry about stale smashes ****ing you up either. It's more work than smashing directly from the wobble but it's worth the extra effort to ensure you're actually killing them.

Top Bottom