• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

finishing with metaknight

Neoteric

Smash Cadet
right now i'm either dsmashing, upb-ing, or hugging the edge and intercepting with fair, but i always have to go up to 150+ to get a kill, any suggestions as to finishing?

Aesonus

Smash Rookie
a good fsmash or dsmash should get you a kill in the lows 100s (varies per character), but most of the lower percentage kills i get with meta knight come from a lot of edge guarding and nair/fair'ing opponents as they try and get back to the stage.

one of meta knight's weaknesses is finishing since he lacks a good spike and powerful smashes. but the moves i mentioned are some of the best ways to finish an opponent.

Oceanborn

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, I was really disappointed with that. Both with Metaknight and Lucario. They seem to lack good KO moves. With MK I noticed it more because it was hard for me to kill anyone below 100% - unless ofcourse they're already close to the edge. Hm, I guess his speed compensates for it? I don't know, it's unfair IMO though. I was hoping for at least one spike. It's alright though, MK's still pretty badass.

Staco

Smash Champion
Yeah, I was really disappointed with that. Both with Metaknight and Lucario. They seem to lack good KO moves. With MK I noticed it more because it was hard for me to kill anyone below 100% - unless ofcourse they're already close to the edge. Hm, I guess his speed compensates for it? I don't know, it's unfair IMO though. I was hoping for at least one spike. It's alright though, MK's still pretty badass.

lol, you say he is badass, he only has a little bit ko lack <<
look at math in melee, he needs about 150 procent to kill!
if you dont edgeguard
and mk can edgeguard, too
and marth will have the same problems like metaknight with killing

MajiNfraze

Smash Apprentice
bthrow, fair WOP off the edge. personally i like to spam the shazta outta dsmash, then bair or fair them into oblivion

posh

Smash Rookie
if you dont edgeguard
marths side smash is one of the best
he could kill easy

Oceanborn

Smash Journeyman
Edgegaurding, yeah, I tried it earlier. Definitely one of the better ways to finish. I've also been able to chase people up by repetitively using UAir, taking advantage of the fact that he has four jumps and then finish it with UpB (or DownB if you can pull it off.) Slice, boom! See your opponent flying off the background.

if you dont edgeguard
MK lacks alot of KO ability. I don't think you should compare MK to Marth. Marth has quite a few ways to kill people in lower percentages, or at least, compared to MK's killing ability and at what percentage you have to get an enemy before you can KO them without edgegaurding or a multi-combo attack. On the bright side, he can rack up the damage quick, which is why I say he's a badass (which is a good thing.)

Azzizaz

Smash Apprentice
As everyone has said, Down Smash is one of his best kill moves. Foreward Smash isn't that bad either. Up-B is good for launching and setting you up for edge guard kills. An easy way to kill is to juggle with Uairs until they're high up then finish with Up-B to Star KO them. Really, the easiest way to get kills is to use his aerials to edge guard. Nair has good knockback, Dair knocks back horizontally well too. His Bair and Fair do damage as usual and can still launch pretty far.

UnSaxon51

Smash Journeyman
NNID
UnSaxon51
3DS FC
0619-3482-4034
Switch FC
SW 1864 9526 0695
Frozzn said:
if you dont edgeguard
I'm not sure which version of Melee you were playing, but Marth can easily kill at 100% or less. True, his specialty is edgeguarding, but he can kill just fine without it.

As for finishing with MK, anything I could contribute has basically already been said.

Up-B and Dsmash are your best killing blows, as well as Fsmash if you can land it.
You can WOP with Fair and Bair, but a lot of characters can get around it pretty well (Pit and Diddy especially).
Nair and Glide-Attack are your best bets for edgeguarding. They both hit hard and can spike against the stage. Dair can also be pretty good against vertical recoveries.

Azzizaz said:
An easy way to kill is to juggle with Uairs until they're high up then finish with Up-B to Star KO them.
My personal favorite way to kill Marth. :chuckle: This is almost a virtual KO against fast-falling characters, unless they have really good DI.

Chozo01

Smash Rookie
I've always either edgeguarded or (at a higher percentage) fsmashed to get my KOs as MK.

vastoc

Smash Rookie
the back side of his dsmash comes out quick and can KO pretty easily if you save it until they're a bit above 100%

xS A M U R A Ix

Smash Ace
How do you guys land fsmash? That move is slowwwww.

I mostly use edge guarding, up B, and down smash to kill people. dair is good too because it sends at such a sideways angle. It's my ender of choice once I have them off the stage.

Basically the way I work is if they try to come back low, I fly up to them and dair them, if they try to come back from a high angle above the stage I fly up to meet them and up B, that usually kills them too. If they hang on the eldge to stall, I'll hover over them and nair once their invincibility runs out.

Can anyone straight up beat metaknight in the air? He really seems to dominate in that regard.

MLG Mune

Smash Cadet
there are diminishing returns on attacks. if u save ur kill moves till the end, u dont need as much dmg. imo, dont neutral air till u want to KO someone. save your dsmash aswell.

tmock90

Smash Rookie
I thought that he didn't have any good finishing moves at first too... but since i've been mseeing around with some of his moves i actually found a few that work pretty well. dsmash, fsmash, dsmash (in the air), and usmash (in the air) tend to work the best for me. I've been getting KO's recently using those 4 moves under 100.

kyle?!

Smash Cadet
Chase with uair and on your last jump use your neutral b, up b, or forward b. You have an advantage with chasing because of your extra jumps.

Sanjuro333

Smash Cadet
The nair gives me such a warm fuzzy feeling when I kill people with it. I usually chase people off the edge with dairs at low percentages or nair them when they are at high percentages.

Brightside6382

Smash Lord
If you are having trouble killing with MK you aren't thinking. His D-smash is strong as hell and can kill at reasonably low percents if you are facing the appropriate direction. Also D-airs are beastly for flying off the edge and edge guarding.

Clai

Smash Lord
Where men are born and champions are raised
I try to chase people off the stage with smashes and then either use an aerial to finish them or a reverse up+B. Anyone who's played with Marth (as in almost everybody) knows that Metaknight's reverse up+B is just beastly. It kills at around 100%

Mr_Peepers

Smash Rookie
trap someone into a corner of a map (depends on which one), spam Neutral A, there you go, you gained an extra 50% most likely. it's in someone's signature, and I love every second of it

has anyone else noticed that spamming Neutral A is a decent, somewhat effective edgeguard?
It definitely depends on the character, though.

as long as they can't float above you, sometimes it's a good way to keep them off the edge, or at least to up their % a good 20 more.

St. Viers

Smash Champion
best way to finish is up-air combo to neutral B. Not the most effective, or easiest way, but definitely one of the more annoying ways to die XD

BDawgPHD

Smash Ace
best way to finish is up-air combo to neutral B. Not the most effective, or easiest way, but definitely one of the more annoying ways to die XD
*****es don't know bout my gay *** combos :chuckle: ...or I guess they do now.....that's my favorite way to kill someone, if you can get an uair combo to go to the sky, and you can trap them in a tornado until the end where the knockback results, you have yourself an incredibly homosexual death at about 70+% :p

but yea, I need to actually get brawl so I can make a meta knight guide.

Manic_1

Smash Cadet
wall of pain with lots of dairs and fairs and finishing with Up B if you have to, His wall of pain rivals Jiggly's in melee. You can Ko some characters as low as 60%, I killed a Pikachu within 10 seconds of a match start like that. He short hopped into me from the strting possision of battle feild I caught him with an fair and he had no chance after that. At higher percentages down smash. Then ther is the Uair combo with tornado finisher.

Top Bottom