• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Find Smash players and tournaments near you! UK Facebook group and website.

Yeniths

East Midlands!
Your best bet is to post your location within the Facebook group. There is a decent see in Brighton I know for sure.

Yeniths

East Midlands!
Post on the SmashUK group on Facebook, London is very active.

Nintendale

Smash Rookie
Howdy!

Just curious if there are are any tournaments in the shropshire area?

Any replies would be great! :)

I also don't have Facebook so connecting is extreamly hard

CraigUK37

Underscore HERO
NNID
CraigUK37
There are tournaments in the midlands quite regular. Birmingham mostly. All tournaments are posted on facebook though, so I dont see any other way of finding out about them without it.

EchoIsPro

Da best
There are tournaments in the midlands quite regular. Birmingham mostly. All tournaments are posted on facebook though, so I dont see any other way of finding out about them without it.
Do you think if we made a thread we could get enough people from shropshire to host a tourney?

CraigUK37

Underscore HERO
NNID
CraigUK37
No. I know of a few people who I might be able to play but even if I could get all of them it wouldn't really be enough for a tournament. Maybe a fun little round robin. All depends too if everyone plays the same game. I know one guy only plays melee and another only plays smash 4

EchoIsPro

Da best
No. I know of a few people who I might be able to play but even if I could get all of them it wouldn't really be enough for a tournament. Maybe a fun little round robin. All depends too if everyone plays the same game. I know one guy only plays melee and another only plays smash 4
I play all games, but I'm pretty sure most of us play melee

EchoIsPro

Da best
And I know some people who may drive down from birmingham. Also I know a good place for a venue near me

Nintendale

Smash Rookie
I love the activity finally getting a deceng smash scene in shropshire. The only thing I would say is that I don't drive, taking lessons but haven't passed my test yet. So getting around is a nightmare. But yeah I'm up for a tourney if we can get a monthly going that would be abosulety amazing! BTW I play melee but I mainly play SSB4! Thanks for the replys!

CraigUK37

Underscore HERO
NNID
CraigUK37
For now if we did anything it would be in Telford anyway, as that is where most people seem to be. Chances are it would just be smash 4 and melee. Any get togethers we have right now have been at my house but we seem to be growing a bit, so maybe need to start looking into booking space. It will only ever be on weekends (probs just saturdays). I know one guy is up for doing something monthly, but who knows right now.

EchoIsPro

Da best
I can't drive either. If you do do something in telford I should probally by a buss pass. If we had a monthly that would be amazing!

Nintendale

Smash Rookie
I can't drive either. If you do do something in telford I should probally by a buss pass. If we had a monthly that would be amazing!
I know it would be amazing just have to find a cheap venune and invite some people! Finally telford will have a smash scene!

Nintendale

Smash Rookie
Can we start a new thread. I'm inexperienced at this and could you link me? Saves clogging this thread up :)

CraigUK37

Underscore HERO
NNID
CraigUK37
We could form a Skype group if you all have it. The other guys I know use it so it's an easy way for everyone to be in touch with eachother?

Nintendale

Smash Rookie
I don't have Skype and I'm not in a position to get it. Are there any noticeable cheap Venus in telford?

Nintendale

Smash Rookie
Unfortunately this is my only way of communicating. It's a bit rubbish I know. To be fair I was not expecting this kind of response

Yeniths

East Midlands!
You should really post on that Facebook group. You'll find players and find the interest if you do want to host that tourney.

Yeniths

East Midlands!
Its def not, just search SmashUK on Facebook and request to join :)

CraigUK37

Underscore HERO
NNID
CraigUK37
Already have, but it says on the homepage "closed group", must be a bug.
Yeah it is a closed group, Im pretty sure you have to be approved to join it or be invited, anyone who is a member can invite you so if you know anyone who is already a member ask them if there is no way of joining yourself.

Top Bottom