• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Finally, A Roy Combo Video! The Marquess of Pharae

lavagolem123

Smash Journeyman
I've been working on this for a LONG time and it's finally done. It was supposed to be around 2 weeks ago but due to technical difficulties, I had to delay this. Again, Windows Movie Maker continually froze giving me problems. Then on top of that, when I tried to save it, it would never save properly. So, without further adue, I bring you my combo video: The Marquess of Pharae

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=OOU0B7R5

http://s60.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=0WS8HRIQBT3ID0UJXMTYSP4XUG

***YouTube Link***

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6nZECrZ-FUo

The YSI link is the second one. The movie is 17-20MB, and about 5:10-5:20 long, I'm not exactly sure. Oh, and if you're wondering about the name, I'll explain. As you know, Roy is from the Fire Emblem series. His father Eliwood was the Marquess of Pharae, meaning he was the ruler of Pharae. After he died, Roy took his position of Marquess and continued to lead the army of Pharae. I hope you enjoy the video!

By the way, the flow of the video is a little choppy until the last minute or so, but you could make out what's happening wihtout too much trouble. I had to mess with the quality or else it would be huge, around 50-60 MB to be specific.

_milktea

Smash Lord
OMG I LOVE YOU <3333.

But um, is Mega Upload supposed to be in Chinese >_>? *Doesn't know where to click.*

*Edit* Nvm. Changed it to Spanish and sorta figured out >_> even though I got to see pleasing images of fat people in lingerie and random popups.

But thanks again :].

lavagolem123

Smash Journeyman
Roy Combo Video

Well, no. It's in English >_> Anyways, look in the top right corner of the screen, it should be around that area. If not, then it's somewhere in the middle. There should be something there that says download or the file name or something. If theres a pop-up, click the "X" to close it since it may block the download button.

lavagolem123

Smash Journeyman
"Wouldn't it be 'Marquee'?"

I don't know, I'm just going off what I saw on GameFAQS. Oh, and would anyone take the liberty of putting this on DC++? My sister is using the other computer and she's not getting off anytime soon...

dark_dragon8

Smash Ace
That's a nice Roy. I liked the juggles, and U-airs to grabs and such, it was sweet. Tell Oni how to DI and tech, because he looks like he had no knowledge of that whatsoever. Music was a bit weird, I didn't think it fit (IMO). But overall a very impressive looking Roy.

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
It was good, but not ggood enough to make me want to play roy. I just saw and thought to myself wow he has some nice combos or crappy opponents.

lavagolem123

Smash Journeyman
dark_dragon8 said:
That's a nice Roy. I liked the juggles, and U-airs to grabs and such, it was sweet. Tell Oni how to DI and tech, because he looks like he had no knowledge of that whatsoever.
He does know how to DI and tech, it just so happens some of those are the clips that he didn't. In the Roy vs. Link on Dream Land 64(I think), he teched left, then right, then left again(or some variation to that) after I tech-chased. He can DI it's just that I'm not sure if he DI's the right way sometimes. Though he has told me that it's really hard for him to DI out of Roy's moves(timing may be his problem), especially as Fox(U-Air, U-throw).

FalseFalco

Smash Master
I liked it!

Got really sick of the fade out. Use crossfade or no transition at all once in a while.

lavagolem123

Smash Journeyman
I know what you're saying but they're all I have. I didn't have the opportunity to record with my other friends since they weren't available due to one moving pretty far away and the other's VCR stopped working. Anyways, keep the replies coming. I appreciate you taking the time to watch the video.

M3ca

Smash Apprentice
yeah finally! nice combos all together. really like the spikes cause i haven't seen many people pull it off. so many shffled uairs lol XD

good sh*t. :)

WeedLuigi

Smash Apprentice
Very nice Roy...I liked tha million or so upthrows u did on fox...that fox need to di.

Vall3y

Smash Lord
nice vid overall
there were some very short clips, like dair to fsmash.. but besides that its a nice vid

THE RED SPARROW

Smash Lord
Most entertaining combo vid I've seen all year. Kudos!

BTW lavagoleb123; How do you edgeguard and do you use counter? Roy's counter can mess some fast fallersand power hitters like Fox and CF up. >:-D

Penetrago

Smash Apprentice
It was a great video,really enjoyable.some of the combos were great,and I loved the spikes with the dair.Would have been cool to see some different opponents in there,but a very nice job.

lavagolem123

Smash Journeyman
THE RED SPARROW said:
Most entertaining combo vid I've seen all year. Kudos!

BTW lavagoleb123; How do you edgeguard and do you use counter? Roy's counter can mess some fast fallersand power hitters like Fox and CF up. >:-D

Well, I usually use the Flare Blade(Neutral-B). I don't get the opportunity to use the counter since my friends know better, especially my brother. I also D-Tilt, maybe smash or F-Tilt.

Once again, thank you all for looking at the video, I appreciate all the feedback!

THE RED SPARROW

Smash Lord
lavagolem123 said:
Well, I usually use the Flare Blade(Neutral-B). I don't get the opportunity to use the counter since my friends know better, especially my brother. I also D-Tilt, maybe smash or F-Tilt.

Once again, thank you all for looking at the video, I appreciate all the feedback!
IC... so the Dtilt is supposed to set up the foward smash? :ohwell:

Penetrago

Smash Apprentice
well to solve that , if you trust your instincts to not trust your freind then you trust yor instincts anyway therefore they cancell out,and if you don't trust your instincts then you just ignore it.

sorry to make a post not about the thread subject

Zero34

Smash Lord
some of your opponents were plain sad like the younglink not using the hookshot, or some not DIing at all, or some just not fighting back

but still, a nice roy combo video. i was impressed to see a dair spike actually pulled off or the DED meteor at the edge so nice moves there

FlowinWater

Smash Champion
Your Roy makes me Happy!

Good stuff mang! AND THAT ROY SPKE OMG! If you pull that of on me I will bend over!

HOLLA

ZoSo

Smash Champion
Pretty good. Better than I was expecting. My only problem is that a lot of the clips were just too short. A bunch of them weren't even combos. Also, I think you passed up a lot of fsmashes, which is bad because it's basically Roy's only reliable finisher. Other than that, good stuff.

Top Bottom