• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

(Final Update) - Joe's Build Z: The Perfectly Balanced PM 3.6 Mod

Joe Viewtiful

Smash Cadet

* SET YOUR POWER FREE WITH JOE'S BUILD Z! *

OK guys, here's the Final & Completed version of my build. A Lot has changed since last time, so don't forget to check and see what's new. Have fun, and may your battles be EPIC.

There's a -DETAILED GUIDE- Included within the download's zip pack that tells ya -EVERYTHING- you'll need to know about my build, so please -USE IT- before asking any questions. I also left a video that shows what files your SD should have on it just in case.

Description: This PM mod is a perfectly BALANCED option for those seeking something better than Vanilla 3.6, but not as "Explosive" as Legacy and other larger scale builds. Enjoyable for both competitive and casual players alike. Fit's on a 2gb SD card and is playable online with friends via Wiimmfi.

**Wanna play sometime? Just message me and I'll invite you to the DISCORD group chat for PM WiFi.

- DOWNLOAD: http://bit.ly/2m7OlzX

(New & Updated - March 5th, 2017) A few final Blast Zone balances made to 7 stages. (Download this if you got the first version.)

**Key Features:

-Now has all the proper csp's, rsp's, bp's, stocks, stage select pics, random stage icons, music titles & all that jazz.
-Now includes an additional 12 stages for a more balanced selection.
-Compatible online with vanilla 3.6 users as long as you only use the regular and stage-fix stages. See the -GUIDE- if you don't know what stages I'm referring to.
-Added a SWEET new WiFi menu, complete with Customized Friend Icons. You're Welcome ;)
-I made -Edits/Balances- to several stages that I felt needed them. They include Collisions, Edges & Blastzone boundaries.
-I've included the Japanese voice pack for Snake within my build. See the -GUIDE- for details on how to switch to it.
-Works with both Homebrew and Hack-less, but you just won't be able to play online with the Hack-less (in most cases).
- Includes Light-Press analog triggers for easier shielding & air dodging.

**Minor Nit-Picks about my build:

-Input Assist is only turned on while in -STAMINA- mode. It will be turned off in all other modes. The switch for input assist will instead control the damage gauge for some reason.
-Random Stage will -NOT- include the 12 Extra custom stages, only the regular ones.
-Stamina type numbers (i.e. Type 1, Type 2, etc.) don't show up in the rules menu, but the -Descriptions- for them still do.
-The stock icon for Diddy Kong's "Goku Gi" outfit won't show in the results screen for some reason, but instead will display the stock for his Blue color.
-2 of the custom stages (Omega Lylat & Miiverse) will not display song titles since I replaced their music with nameless Brawl tracks.
-If you pick one of the 12 expansion stages in -Training Mode- and then select a regular one right after it, you'll get the song from that previous custom stage. Goes back to normal once you exit tho.
-In the "My Music" menu, -AVOID- picking the "TRAINING ROOM" and "BOXING RING" icons, or your game will CRASH.

-Installation Instructions:
PRECAUTION: After downloading my build, please remember to --EXTRACT-- the files from the Zip pack before
copying & pasting them onto your SD so you won't get any -ERRORS- during game play. Also, make sure
that the little switch on the side of your SD is -SLID ALL THE WAY UP- before installing or the
files may not write themselves on correctly.

INSTALLATION: First, format your SD settings to "FAT32" with "4096 bytes" and have the "Quick Format" box selected. Don't forget to make -BACKUPS- of any important files that you may want to keep, because formatting will -DELETE-
everything from your card. After all that is done, just paste the -EXTRACTED- files onto the root of your SD.
This is the -ONE & ONLY- way that I recommend installing my build, because just swapping out the "projectm"
folders alone can leave you with issues, so keep that in mind. Anyways, now you should be all set to go.

-Video Footage:
New Wifi Menu & Icons:

All Added Costumes:

All Stages:

All Replaced / Added Music:

New Results Screen Music:

-Music Added: (Awesome tracks for your listening pleasure.)
Menu: Smash 4 Menu Theme - Replaces Project M menu theme.

DBZ Kai Opening Theme - Replaces Menu 2 theme.

Smash Bros. Melee Remix - Replaces Melee menu theme.

Super Street Fighter 4 Menu - Replaces Brawl main theme.

Results Screen: "On The Next Episode of DBZ" theme - Replaces Results Screen music.

Jungle Japes: Ryu's theme (Street Fighter EX 3) - Replaces Jungle Japes theme.

Chun-Li's theme (Street Fighter EX3) - Replaces Melee Kongo Jungle theme.

Kongo Jungle 64: Jungle Japes (Melee) - Replaces Donkey Kong theme.

Kongo Jungle (Melee) - Replaces Opening Donkey theme.

Corneria: Pokemon Stadium theme (Melee) - Replaces Corneria theme.

Kanto Pokemon theme (I Wanna Be The Very Best) - Replaces Venom theme.

Lylat Cruise: Meteor Herd (Sonic Adventure 2) - Replaces Starfox 64 theme.

Peach's Castle: Restored original Melee Peach's Castle theme.

Wario Land: Restored the original WarioWare, Inc. theme.

Delfino Plaza: Restored the original Delfino Plaza theme.

Smashville: OMFG Hello - Replaces Go K.K. Rider theme.

Final Destination: Challengers (DBZ Budokai series) - Replaces Credits theme.

Distant Planet: Frog Forest (Sonic Heroes) - Replaces Pikmin Stage Clear theme.

Green Hill Zone: Green Hill Zone Remix (Sonic Adventure 2) - Replaces original Green Hill Zone theme.

Emerald Coast (Sonic Adventure) - Replaces Open Your Heart theme.

City Escape (Sonic Adventure 2) - Replaces Live & Learn theme.

Ocean Palace Zone (Sonic Heroes) - Replaces Sonic Heroes theme.

Pokemon Stadium 2: Kanto Pokemon theme (I Wanna Be The Very Best) - Replaces Pokenon Center theme.

Flat Zone 2: Tatsunoko Vs. Capcom Training Room music - Replaces Flat Zone 2 theme.

Luigi's Mansion: Mystic Mansion (Sonic Heroes) - Replaces Castle/Boss Fortress theme.

Temple: Aquatic Mine (Sonic Adventure 2) - Replaces Temple theme.

Death Chamber (Sonic Adventure 2) - Replaces Great Temple/Temple theme.

Pirate Ship: Temple (Melee) - Replaces Dragon Roost Island theme.

Great Temple/Temple - Replaces Tal Tal Heights theme.

Hanenbow: Smash 4 Boxing Ring theme - Replaces Hanenbow music.

Pictochat: What Is Love - Replaces Pictochat theme.

Songs for all Custom Stages:

01-Lylat Cruise (Omega)..................Meteor Herd (Sonic Adventure 2)
02-Miiverse..............................Mii Channel Remix
03-Green Hill Zone (PM)..................Green Hill Zone Remix (Sonic Adventure 2)
04-Delfino's Secret......................Secret Course (Super Mario Sunshine)
05-Competitive Brawl Yoshi's Island......Yoshi's Island (Brawl)
06-Green Greens (Competitive)............Green Greens (Melee)
07-Rainbow Cruise (Competitive)..........Rainbow Cruise (Melee)
08-Bridge of Eldin (Omega)...............Main Theme - The Legend of Zelda (Brawl)
09-3ds Destination.......................Final Destination Ver.2 (Smash 4)
10-Skyloft...............................Great Temple/Temple
11-Battlefield (Melee)...................Metal Battle (Melee)
12-Final Destination (Brawl).............Final Destination (Brawl)

-Costumes Added: (Also includes the recolors from the stage fix pack.)
Mario - Mr. M (fire mario) & Star Spirit Mario from Mario Bros. Z (brown)

Luigi - Vacuum Luigi (orange) & Dr.Luigi (fire luigi)

Peach - Akatsuki colors with Sharingan eyes (white) & Upgraded her 2 alternates

Fox - Goku costume (black) & Cloud 9 outfit (white) & Super Saiyan cameo (Brawl blue) & New green color (Brawl green)

Falco - Saiyan Armor Vegeta (orange) & 80's Falco (dark falco) & New blue color (Brawl blue) & New green color (Brawl green)

Donkey Kong - Funky Kong (black)

Diddy Kong - Hoodie Diddy (yellow)

Ganondorf - Piccolo skin (second color for his melee outfit)

Captain Falcon - Casshern skin (black) & Emerald Falcon (green) & Pink and Black Falcon (pink)

Samus - Smash 4 Samus (green, purple, and fusion colors) & Smash 4 Megaman X skin (pink)

Zero Suit Samus - Upgraded her 3 alternates

Marth - Mystic Water outfit (purple)

Ike - Kage Ryu outfit (last color for his original outfit) & Gold Armor with glasses outfit (yellow)

Roy - Isaac outfit (very last color)

Sonic - Amy Rose skin (replaces Sonic's Tails outfit)

Pikachu - Pokken Lucha Libre outfit (red, blue, green, party hat) & Raichu skin (pirate hat)

Zelda - Android 18 skin (replaces Zelda's Brawl blonde color)

Ice Climbers - Ice Soviets (black and white color)

Olimar - Louie skin (second to last color)

Link - Fierce Deity Link (white)

Toon Link - SSJ Toon Link (5th color for his original outfit)

Ness - Retro Ness (second color) & Swag Ness (skeleton shirt)

Lucas - Drago T-shirt (green) & Chimera outfit (pink)

Jigglypuff - New red, blue, and green colors

King DDD - Viking costume (brown)

Snake - Big Boss outfit (cheetah)

-Recolors From Stage fix Pack:

Bowser - Pink & Black (6th color)

Diddy Kong - Orange with Goku Gi (last color)

Fox - Melee Red & Green recolors

Shiek - Blue, Pink, Black/Yellow recolors

Snake - Pink (4th color)

Roy - Black & White with Dark hair (6th color)

-Stages Added:
Omega Smash 64 Hyrule - Replaces Hyrule Castle HD.

Competitive Bowser's Castle - Replaces Bowser's Castle.
(Blue Fire Version)

Smash 4 Kalos Pokemon League
- Replaces Saffron City HD.
(Omega version)

Competitive Peach's Castle
- Replaces Peach's Castle HD.

Competitive Ice Glacier Stage - Replaces Infinite Glacier.

Re-balanced Castle Siege - Replaces Castle Siege.

Ashley Ware Inc. - Replaces Wario Land / Wario Ware.
(No Mini-Games)

Competitive Melee Yoshi's Island
- Replaces Brawl Yoshi's Island.

Smash 4 Gaur Plains (Omega) - Replaces Distant Planet.

Norfair Lab - Replaces Norfair.

Windy Hill Zone - Replaces Green Hill Zone.

Omega Delfino Plaza - Replaces Delfino's Secret.

BALANCED Shadow Moses Island - Replaces Shadow Moses Island.

Smash 4 Ryu's Stage (Omega) - Now Replaces Jungle Japes.

BALANCED Jungle Japes - Now Replaces Kongo Jungle 64 / 75m.

Omega Fourside - Replaces Fourside.

Hazardless Onett - Replaces Onett.

Competitive Big Blue - Replaces Big Blue.

Competitive Port Town - Replaces Port Town.

Tatsunoko Vs. Capcom Training Room - Replaces Flat Zone 2.

Omega Luigi's Mansion - Replaces Luigi's Mansion.

Melee Pokemon Stadium - Replaces Corneria.
(BALANCED Version)

SSE Laboratory
- Replaces Brinstar.

Temple (Omega) - Now Replaces Pirate Ship.

Emerald Mine - Now Replaces Temple.

Competitive Spear Pillar - Replaces Spear Pillar.

Project M Themed Training Room - Replaces Training Room.

Smash 4 Great Cave Offensive (Omega) - Replaces Halberd.

Competitive Frigate Orpheon - Replaces Frigate Orpheon.

Omega Skyworld - Replaces Skyworld.

Smash 4 Boxing Ring (Omega) - Replaces Hanenbow.

Dance Floor Stage - Replaces Pictochat.

Extra 12 Custom Stages:

01-Lylat Cruise (Omega)..................Meteor Herd (Sonic Adventure 2)
02-Miiverse..............................Mii Channel Remix
03-Green Hill Zone (PM)..................Green Hill Zone Remix (Sonic Adventure 2)
04-Delfino's Secret......................Secret Course (Super Mario Sunshine)
05-Competitive Brawl Yoshi's Island......Yoshi's Island (Brawl)
06-Green Greens (Competitive)............Green Greens (Melee)
07-Rainbow Cruise (Competitive)..........Rainbow Cruise (Melee)
08-Bridge of Eldin (Omega)...............Main Theme - The Legend of Zelda (Brawl)
09-3ds Destination.......................Final Destination Ver.2 (Smash 4)
10-Skyloft...............................Great Temple/Temple
11-Battlefield (Melee)...................Metal Battle (Melee)
12-Final Destination (Brawl).............Final Destination (Brawl)

Last edited:

Joe Viewtiful

Smash Cadet
Please -REPORT- any issues if you find them. Oh, and feel free to leave feedback & stuff.

Last edited:

Joe Viewtiful

Smash Cadet
The optional "Anime" edition, along with video footage, will be posted soon guys. It will include a Kirito skin (Sword Art Online) to replace Marth's Black color and a few other additional Anime tracks. I might throw in a couple more songs last minute, but here's what I have so far:

1. Naruto Opening 2
2. Naruto Opening 8
3. Naruto: Main Theme
4. Naruto: Strong & Strike
5. Naruto: The Raising Fighting Spirit
6. Naruto Shippuden: My Name
7. Hunter X Hunter Ending 2
8. Hunter X Hunter: Hegemony Of The Food Chain
9. Hunter X Hunter: Legend Of The Martial Artist
10. Fairy Tail Zero Opening 1
11. Dragon Ball Super Opening 2 (Universal Survival Arc)
12. DBZ - Super Saiyan 3 Theme

Last edited:

Joe Viewtiful

Smash Cadet
New & Updated Download Link now posted (March 5th, 2017). A few final Blastzone balances have been made to 7 stages. Download this if you got the first version. All videos now posted except for the "Anime" Edition one which will come along with the download link for that version of my build.

Joe Viewtiful

Smash Cadet
Sweet build. Thanks for taking the time out to do this!
No problem bro ;). Vanilla 3.6 was getting sooo boring, especially online, so I decided to do something about it. I'm glad there are those who appreciate my "Art" lol. If you ever wanna play, my FC is 2279-7244-2632.

Joe Viewtiful

Smash Cadet
Hope you guys have been enjoying my build so far. Don't forget 2 share it with your friends if ya like. Anime Edition is still coming, I've just been really busy lately. Should hopefully be up soon tho.

Joe Viewtiful

Smash Cadet
Hey guys, it's been awhile. I decided to cancel the "Anime Edition" for now. Just never got around to finishing it & kinda lost interest. Anyways, I have an unreleased, incomplete version if anyone wants to download. Just swapped out a couple songs and put a Kirito skin over Marth's Brawl green color. Nothing much, but I'll give the link to those who'd like to check it out.

Mediafire Link - http://www.mediafire.com/file/po1gdfha6lhtb1l/JBZ_Anime_Demo.zip

Songs Replaced:

*Naruto Shippuden - My Name................................. Replaces "Final Destination" on Melee Final Destination.
*Naruto Opening 2........................................... Replaces "Yoshi's Island 64" on Yoshi's Story.
*Naruto Opening 8........................................... Replaces "Scrap Brain Zone" on Windy Hill Zone.
*Hunter X Hunter Ending 2................................... Replaces "Famicom Medley" on Fountain of Dreams.
*Hunter X Hunter - Legend of the Martial Artist............. Replaces "Gourmet Race" on The Great Cave Offensive.
*Dragon Ball Super Opening 2................................ Replaces "Road to Viridian City" on Pokemon Stadium 2.
*DBZ Goku SSJ 3 Theme....................................... Replaces "Training Room" music.
*Naruto - Main Theme......................................... Replaces "Meta Knight's Revenge" on The Great Cave Offensive.
*Naruto - Strong & Strike.................................... Replaces "Dreamland 64" on Dreamland.
*Naruto - The Raising Fighting Spirit........................ Replaces "Kicks' Twilite Funk" on Smashville.

Joe Viewtiful

Smash Cadet
Hey everybody, just wanted to let you all know that the old Skype group for PM Wiimmfi has long since moved to DISCORD. Message me for link if you haven't already found it on your own.

- Also, for those who downloaded my unfinished ver. of the "Anime Edition" above, don't use the "KIRITO" skin online. It will always cause desync unfortunately, no matter who you play with. That is all, Good Day :)

Joe Viewtiful

Smash Cadet
Hey everyone, just one last note. I found out that 2 of the 4 stage-fix stages (Norfair & Bowser's Castle) will cause desync Online with Vanilla PM 3.6 users due to the fact that I changed their Blast-Zone boundaries from what they originally were. You can only use these 2 additional stage-fix stages Online when playing someone who is also using my build. Secondly, I believe Samus's Mega Man X skin will also usually cause desync against Vanilla 3,6 users, so save that one only for people Online using my build. Other than that tho, none of the other extra added costumes give problems with Vanilla 3.6 users Online to my knowledge. If you guys notice any other issues whatsoever, PLEASE let me know. Thanks.

Last edited:

Joe Viewtiful

Smash Cadet
Hey, been a while again. Just wanted to clarify what stages can be used with vanilla 3.6 users. They include:

• Final Destination (Melee)
  • Battlefield (Brawl)
  • Fountain of Dreams
  • Smashville
  • Dreamland (64)
  • Pokémon Stadium 2
  • Yoshi's Story (Melee)
  • Wario Ware Inc. / Wario Land

I don't know for sure if any others, like Green Hill Zone, work consistently between vanilla 3.6 users. These are just the ones I know for sure that won't give issues.

Top Bottom